The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Maria d » 13 Jul 2010, 19:48

welcome slyboogy :wave:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 13 Jul 2010, 19:51

Wolfie wrote:Saif and Kriss, I didn't expect this at all and the season is only half-way.

It is somekind of balsam on our wounds, isn't it?

Not that I would ever want Kimi back there!!!
It's definitely good to hear :zz:
And it's good to see Kimi as far from this dog car as he can be :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 13 Jul 2010, 19:52

@welcome@ slyboogy

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Jul 2010, 19:54

welcome slyboogy :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 13 Jul 2010, 20:30

Wolfie wrote:Saif and Kriss, I didn't expect this at all and the season is only half-way.

It is somekind of balsam on our wounds, isn't it?

Not that I would ever want Kimi back there!!!
:shhh: :shhh:
@welcome@ Slyboogy

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 13 Jul 2010, 20:34

Courtesy TaniaS!
Finnish tabloid claims: Ziigmund and Kimi Räikkönen "played for hundreds of thousands"
A Finnish tabloid magazine is claiming that Ilari "Ziigmund" Sahamies and the race car driver, former Formula One World Champion Kimi "Iceman" Räikkönen recently played a huge poker game where hundreds of thousands were on the line. Ziigmund and the Iceman say they did play but just for fun.

The Seiska magazine claims that Räikkönen challenged Ziigmund to the game in Helsinki in June and that the F1 champion first won approximately €500,000 from the pro before losing it back.

Another Finnish tabloid, Iltalehti, got hold of both men for comments and they deny the rumor about the sums in play.

"Sure I play poker, but those claims are not true," Räikkönen is quoted as saying. His agent Riku Kuvaja adds that the stakes were "a few euros" maximum.

Ziigmund's comment is along the same lines. "Nah, it was just for fun. Let's say we played just for matches," Ilari said.

Räikkönen's agent says his client is not particularly experienced in poker. The two men have met before, but this was the first time they played together.

Iltalehti draws rather colorful comparisons between the two men, saying they both have "a close relationship with alcohol" and listing some of their drunken feats: Räikkönen has fallen off from the deck of his boat, taken out his penis at a strip club and physically attacked Michael Schumacher, while Ilari "once lost 1.3 million euros in one day because of a hangover".

Naturally, if Ziigmund had the chance he would probably love to play for "hundreds of thousands" with a rich amateur player like the Iceman, whose reported income in 2008 was 30 million euros - not quite as much as Guy Laliberte's but plenty for a friendly game with a real poker pro.
http://www.coinflip.com/news/finnish-ta ... sands.html
Last edited by Anelise on 13 Jul 2010, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

andy12
car driver
car driver

Post by andy12 » 13 Jul 2010, 20:53

Hey, i'm new here, thought i would introduce myself here as im a fan of Kimi. Im glad he is enjoying himself in rally, and personally i hope he stay there, continues to gain experience and maybe one day could win a championship.

Btw, Wolfie, are you the same Wolfie that used to post alot on Kimi's rally adventures on Planet-F1 forum before the topic got shut down? I never posted there but always used the thread to keep up with Kimi's progress during a rally weekend. Luckily i have now found where you have gone, if it is you, as i have failed during the last few months to find a forum with as much info as u provided there, untill now that is

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 13 Jul 2010, 20:58

welcome andy....just like you I used to visit the other forum as a guest, then followed Wolfie here...
this is a great, active and fun place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 13 Jul 2010, 20:59

welcome Andy12, you have come to the right place. you will love it here. :wave: :wave:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Jul 2010, 21:11

andy12 wrote:Hey, i'm new here, thought i would introduce myself here as im a fan of Kimi. Im glad he is enjoying himself in rally, and personally i hope he stay there, continues to gain experience and maybe one day could win a championship.

Btw, Wolfie, are you the same Wolfie that used to post alot on Kimi's rally adventures on Planet-F1 forum before the topic got shut down? I never posted there but always used the thread to keep up with Kimi's progress during a rally weekend. Luckily i have now found where you have gone, if it is you, as i have failed during the last few months to find a forum with as much info as u provided there, untill now that is
Hey Andy and welcome :hug:

I'm the same Wolfie and thanks for the compliment. You will find out that now when he is in WRC the amount of information is amazing and these wonderful people bring in them here all the time :shhh:

But just wait until the next rally, it's going to be fun and hectic, we really follow every stage and it's an experience that is 100 times more thrilling than following a GP.

Hope you like it here :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 13 Jul 2010, 21:20

hi andy12 :wave:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

andy12
car driver
car driver

Post by andy12 » 13 Jul 2010, 21:21

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I was gutted I had missed the posts where you said you were going before they were deleted. For the last few rallies I have had to make do with mainly live timing and the odd updates on other forums, I'm really looking forward to rally Finland now I can follow it again properly, also the pictures everyones posts on here are amazing as well. So thank you to everyone who takes the time to bring together the info and the pictures, it is definitely appreciated.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 13 Jul 2010, 21:27

what side of the world are you from Andy...cause if you are on Euro time it will work out better for you on rally weekends.

andy12
car driver
car driver

Post by andy12 » 13 Jul 2010, 21:41

Hey Maria, Im from England so it does work out well :), There is very little rally coverage here but what there is is quite good. I make sure to watch the hour show on 'Dave' on each sunday of a rally weekend. They seem to always try to get an interview with Kimi, they show more on track action of Loeb etc, which is to be expected when they are fighting for the championship but normally show Kimi's best bits.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 13 Jul 2010, 21:48

they show so little rally news here, and no race coverage at all. this is the best place to "watch a rally" you are going to LOVE it!