The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1406
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 17:14

dindi wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Dindi darling ... do you use twitter? Anith is asking :p

Off-Topic: show
Yep! What are your handles on Twitter?


Vida, were you able to see him going green, though?! It was awesome! Euphoric!!! !yahoo:


NO im not... :<>: i was away... :<>: :<>:

User avatar
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1406
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 17:15

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Vida wrote:
dindi wrote:Hey, Vida!
Off-Topic: show
Hope you're feelin' better :)


Off-Topic: show
thanks Dindi... it was a really hard day for me... first the works which giving me a headache then kimi crashed.. just made my day even worse :(


Off-Topic: show
oi ... feel sorry for you :hug:


Off-Topic: show
thanks claudie :hug:

User avatar
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1406
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 17:16

dindi wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Dindi darling ... do you use twitter? Anith is asking :p

Off-Topic: show
Yep! What are your handles on Twitter?


Vida, were you able to see him going green, though?! It was awesome! Euphoric!!! !yahoo:

Off-Topic: show
add me please if you have twitter.. mine is vidariani

User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 17:18

Okay, Claudie!
Off-Topic: show
Followed you both :)

And Vida!

User avatar
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1406
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 17:27

dindi wrote:Okay, Claudie!
Off-Topic: show
Followed you both :)

And Vida!


following you guys back :O

User avatar
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2380
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 17:35

Vida wrote:
dindi wrote:Vida, were you able to see him going green, though?! It was awesome! Euphoric!!! !yahoo:


NO im not... :<>: i was away... :<>: :<>:
Really? Bummer! Miss everything else but that! Everybody was going nuts here! My brain melted and turned into soup... Kimi was faster than everyone else during the first two splits of SS4 despite being on softs!

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 18:04

Wow, here's some interesting interview in the press room by Heikki Kulta:

MASSA'S TROUBLES

Turun Sanomat 9.7.2010
Heikki Kulta's blog

Whereas F1-thrillers ponder over Michael Schumacher's thoughts about continuing his career they worry at least in Brazil over what has happened to their driver number one Felipe Massa.

With the exception of a couple of flashes, Massa has been a shadow of that hungry and determined Ferrari-driver who often drove at the same level as Kimi Räikkönen did.

Then why doesn't Massa match Fernando Alonso when he matched Kimi Räikkönen? Let's ask my Brasilian friend and reporter Livio Oricchio.

– Alonso is a better driver than Kimi, Livio jokes at first but gets serious and says he has been very concerned about Massa's attitude.

– The truth is that in 2008 Ferrari had a car that was ideal for Felipe's driving style. It had a good grip, he could brake and throw the car into the corner very late, very aggressively.

– When there is no grip Felipe disappears immediately from the picture. What is concerning is that he settles for his destiny like this. After Valencia he explained to us that the race was ruined after the big accident. He couldn't get his tyres to work and did what he could do with them.

– An angry Felipe would have got out of the 2008-car and he would have cursed what happened and made his everything to ensure that next time everything goes the way he wants.

Oricchio thinks that there is a great risk that Massa settles for his current level in the future too.

– He is a rich man who is secure for driving in Ferrari for the next two years. Felipe's comeback to the toplevel as a strong champion candidate would require that Ferrari would build a fantastic car that would give an ideal grip. If this doesn't happen then Felipe's best days are over and if circumstances change even a little, then Felipe disappears immediately out of the picture.

Yet Oricchio reminds that beside Alonso Massa's weaknesses come more clearly to the surface than beside Räikkönen.

– Alonso is both quick and the most intelligent visionairy when it comes to predicting racing situations. Massa is just quick without the ability to read a race. When he is compared to Alonso his self-confidence isn't as high as it was during the earlier seasons.

Marco Evangelisti from Italian Corriere dello Sport -magazine admits that he has also noticed a clear difference between Massa in 2008 and Massa in 2010.

– I'm sure a lot has to do with Massa not feeling good in this car. You have to nurse the tyres well and Massa can't do it.

– Why did Felipe do well with Kimi but is now behind Fernando? I think that it firstly and mostly had to do more with the season 2008 being weaker for Kimi more than that Felipe would have raised his own level. The car fitted Massa, Kimi had technical problems and that's why he wasn't in his best stitch.

– Massa's half-heartedness is visible in interviews too. Earlier we got some sharp replies from him, now the gunpowder in them is soaked. It's like Felipe would have believed in himself and that he can win the WDC when he was 25-26 years old. Now when he is a bit older he knows he can't do it.

Then what about Massa's status in Ferrari?

– I think it's in a good line. Ferrari has experience of investing in one driver. Now they have Alonso without Massa threathening him, Evangelisti thinks.

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1406
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 18:06

dindi wrote:
Vida wrote:
dindi wrote:Vida, were you able to see him going green, though?! It was awesome! Euphoric!!! !yahoo:


NO im not... :<>: i was away... :<>: :<>:
Really? Bummer! Miss everything else but that! Everybody was going nuts here! My brain melted and turned into soup... Kimi was faster than everyone else during the first two splits of SS4 despite being on softs!

:<>: :<>: :<>:

User avatar
Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1015
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 04:11
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Ice-Ludy » 09 Jul 2010, 18:56

Haug's visit to see Raikkonen fires F1 rumours

Mercedes competition director Norbert Haug recently travelled to Kimi Raikkonen's home in Switzerland.

The visit triggered rumours, reported initially by the Finnish tabloid Iltalehti, that the 2007 world champion and current world rally championship driver might be negotiating his return to Formula One.

Raikkonen's spokesman Riku Kuvaja responded by saying the situation for the 30-year-old former McLaren and Ferrari driver is "the same as before".

He would not confirm Haug's Swiss visit.

But at Silverstone on Friday, Haug himself confirmed the news but insisted their meeting was not about Raikkonen's future.

"I have been in contact with Kimi as a friend," said the German, who worked alongside Raikkonen between 2002-2006 at McLaren and was even a guest at the Finn's wedding.

As for Raikkonen's future, Haug said he has not discussed it with the rally driver. "Kimi will make a decision for himself," he said on Friday, according to MTV3.

"I do hope he comes back, because it would be a good thing for F1," added Haug.


http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=376691
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

User avatar
Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1406
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Vida » 09 Jul 2010, 19:05

hey haugh... if you want him to return give him a good car and try to convince him :)

User avatar
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 843
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 05:15
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Dracaena » 09 Jul 2010, 19:26

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Haug's visit to see Raikkonen fires F1 rumours

Mercedes competition director Norbert Haug recently travelled to Kimi Raikkonen's home in Switzerland.

The visit triggered rumours, reported initially by the Finnish tabloid Iltalehti, that the 2007 world champion and current world rally championship driver might be negotiating his return to Formula One.

Raikkonen's spokesman Riku Kuvaja responded by saying the situation for the 30-year-old former McLaren and Ferrari driver is "the same as before".

He would not confirm Haug's Swiss visit.

But at Silverstone on Friday, Haug himself confirmed the news but insisted their meeting was not about Raikkonen's future.

"I have been in contact with Kimi as a friend," said the German, who worked alongside Raikkonen between 2002-2006 at McLaren and was even a guest at the Finn's wedding.

As for Raikkonen's future, Haug said he has not discussed it with the rally driver. "Kimi will make a decision for himself," he said on Friday, according to MTV3.

"I do hope he comes back, because it would be a good thing for F1," added Haug.


http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=376691

Again, the quote from Haug doesn't say "Yes, I visited Kimi but only as a friend", instead he says "I've been in contact with Kimi as a friend" which could just mean that he sends Kimi a card every Christmas. From the MTV3 article that this article refers to it's not clear whether they asked Haug "Did you recently visit Kimi in Switzerland like the rumors say?" or "Have you been in contact with Kimi?" or what. The question of course makes every bit of difference. Maybe they asked the more vague question so that they would get a vague answer which is always better to use in the rumor mill.

I don't care how much time Haug spends at Kimi's house, I just wanted to point this out.

User avatar
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 843
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 05:15
Location: Finland

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Dracaena » 09 Jul 2010, 19:43

valuk wrote:@Dracaena

:rofl: :rofl: :shhh:

Not a big fan of the hap? :p

Oh my, what gave you that impression :p?

Btw have you guys noticed that we still have 60 guests even though the rally ended ages ago. I guess they're all waiting for news about tomorrow. Hiya there peeping Toms :wave: (just kidding :hug:)!

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Wolfie » 09 Jul 2010, 20:57

Dracaena wrote:
valuk wrote:@Dracaena

:rofl: :rofl: :shhh:

Not a big fan of the hap? :p

Oh my, what gave you that impression :p?

Btw have you guys noticed that we still have 60 guests even though the rally ended ages ago. I guess they're all waiting for news about tomorrow. Hiya there peeping Toms :wave: (just kidding :hug:)!


But didn't we have 100 guests during Rally della Lanterna - where did they go :(
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by beefree88 » 09 Jul 2010, 21:04

Wolfie wrote:Wow, here's some interesting interview in the press room by Heikki Kulta:

MASSA'S TROUBLES

Turun Sanomat 9.7.2010
Heikki Kulta's blog




Thanks Nikki! :thumbsup:
That was really really great. Confirmed some of my thoughts too:)
Thank God for Heikki Kulta again:)
Last edited by beefree88 on 13 Jul 2010, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 513
Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 01:30

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by SpaMaster » 10 Jul 2010, 00:56

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Julia wrote:translation help, please?!

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... 07/1153926

haug says that he visited Kimi as a friend and not to lure him back in F1 but it would be only good if he comes back in F1



didn´t kimi say that Haugi didn´t visit him :lol:

:laugh1:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Post Reply