It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 05:31

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 ... 495  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 20:57  
F1 Driver

Moominpappa wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:
Well guys, I am here to share with you an interview I did with our friend Linda-Anne. She gave me the permission to post the link of the interview here so, here it is. I hope you like! :O

http://octetort.blogspot.com/2010/06/oc ... -anne.html

Big thanks for both of you :hatoff:

Thanks Momo, Valuk and Moominpappa!!! I am glad you guys liked it!!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 20:58  
F1 Rookie

momo wrote:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/videot/ulkomaat/2219749
They play better than Italy!

:lol: :n

Grazie mille momo!!!! :hug:

Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 21:09  
GP2 Driver

Leijona wrote:
Arli Racegirl wrote:
Sorry, I don't know if someone already put this link in the forum,because the news is 10/06, but someone left in the guestbook of my site, asking for more information, someone could help me? Please!

IS: Jenni Dahlman-Räikkösen epäillyllä kiristäjällä rikostausta
http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/uutiset/muut. ... -rikostaus

translation:

Jenni Dahlman-Räikkönen's suspected blackmailer has criminal background

Rally-driver Kimi Räikkönen's wife Jenni Dahlman-Räikkönen has been blackmailed by a Finnish guy who is familiar to the police.

Ilta-Sanomat reported on Wednesday that the man tried to demand Dahlman-Räikkönen a notable amount of money from the photos. There has been made a report of an offence to the police. The man denies the criminal suspicion.

According to Ilta-Sanomat the man has been in contact with police before. In the criminal scale there are drug-abuse, theft and manslaughter. He has been convicted to probation and to pay fines. He got fines from the manslaughter. The man crashed with his car to the side of another car, whose driver died. He had speeded with the car.

According to Iltalehti the man is Dahlman-Räikkönen's ex-boyfriend.

Kiitti Leijona! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 21:11  
F1 Driver

Acropolis wrote:
Linda-Anne wrote:
Hey finally managed to get here its been a hectic few days. A big thanks from me to Ludy for her hard work putting her interview together and then for the translation which was first class as usual. Ludy my friend you have so much talent that you should be interviewing people all the time. I am sure that one interview with you and Kimi would be very productive and would maybe go some way to calming his fear of the media.
I am pleased you injoyed the finished article it was fun to do and bought back many special memories I have.

Linda-Ann, it was really nice to get to know you better through this interview...I wish all goes well with your health! :hug:

@Ice-Ludy
Thanks for this nice interview...your site is very nice, I use to visit it for some time now...Great girls!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Acropolis! :hug: We do the best we can!!! But the main thing it`s to have fun and that`s something we have!!!! :lol:

@Linda-Anne, oh dear...thank you so much for your words!!! It means a lot to me!!! :hug: Like I said before, I love interviewing people, especially you guys, who are from different countries and have so many great stories to tell. :O
Wow, interviewing Kimi it`s a dream! I wish I could help him with this media thing!!! :lol:
Well guys, next time I have more interviews I will bring it!!! :shhh:

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 21:26  
GP2 Driver

momo wrote:

OMG!! They play really good. Soooooo cute :hug: I love cats! In Brazil I have 3, I already miss them so much *_*, here my bf have a big cat (Viivi) , it looks a tiger heheh

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 21:55  
F1 Driver

Ish, hi there!!!! :wave:
How's everything going????
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 22:07  
GP2 Driver

Acropolis wrote:
Ish, hi there!!!! :wave:
How's everything going????

Hi Acropolis - you always manage to seek me out :lol: :wave: Just been catching up, wow you guys have been busy! It's all great to read though :)

Everything's OK. I didn't get the job I interviewed for which did get me down for a while. Even though I didn't think I would get it, it was still kind of tough to get the 'no'. But I'm fine about it now and I've been applying for plenty more jobs so hopefully something will turn up.

In other even more mundane news, I have toothache of the most dramatic nature :( :lol: Don't like dentists lol

How is it with you?

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 22:24  
F1 Rookie

Acropolis wrote:
Linda-Anne wrote:
Hey finally managed to get here its been a hectic few days. A big thanks from me to Ludy for her hard work putting her interview together and then for the translation which was first class as usual. Ludy my friend you have so much talent that you should be interviewing people all the time. I am sure that one interview with you and Kimi would be very productive and would maybe go some way to calming his fear of the media.
I am pleased you injoyed the finished article it was fun to do and bought back many special memories I have.

Linda-Ann, it was really nice to get to know you better through this interview...I wish all goes well with your health! :hug:

@Ice-Ludy
Thanks for this nice interview...your site is very nice, I use to visit it for some time now...Great girls!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Acropolis.
Not being well is a big pain in the b&%t :( . Still I have Kimi to watch and all you lovely people to talk to and cheer me up :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 23:47  
F1 Driver

ish happy to see you back :hug: . sorry about the job, well keep moving forward , take it as a learning experience , it will make you stronger.
sorry about your football team, i thought they had a chance at winning, but i dont know much about your football :huh: ,now i love our football.NY JETS. hope your tooth feels better, but that dreaded word dentist.
i like your mark webber idea , he just walks away. :thumbsup:
yes kimi in red bull in 2011!!!!,

i have a feeling i am going to get a good ribbing from red about my football team. :fear:

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 06:59  
F1 Driver

Ish, nice to see you're doing ok even without that particular job....it's ok...we all go through this, just go on...
Hope your toothache goes away, but this will not happen without the dentist....remember last month I got one while in England, still go through therapy for that...
Good luck with everything little girl.....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 07:04  
F1 Driver

This is way OT, but after all we are on the OT thread! Just got this email and thought I would share it with you guys. Just some info on the state I am from.

Jeff Foxworthy is the comedian behind the "You might be a Redneck" jokes....

Hope you enjoy!!!
......................................................................................................................................

Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about folks from Texas ...

If someone in a Lowe's store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Texas ;

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Texas ;

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Texas ;

If 'Vacation' means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend, you may live in Texas ;

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas ;

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Texas ;
If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Texas ;

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Texas

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph --you're going 80 and everybody's passing you, you may live in Texas ;

If you find 60 degrees 'a little chilly,' you may live in Texas ;

If you actually understand these jokes, and share them with all your Texas friends, you definitely live in Texas ..

Here are some little known, very interesting facts about Texas .
1. Beaumont to El Paso : 742 miles
2.. Beaumont to Chicago : 770 miles
3... El Paso is closer to California than to Dallas
4.. World's first rodeo was in Pecos , July 4, 1883.
5. The Flagship Hotel in Galveston is the only hotel in North America built over water. Destroyed by Hurricane Ike -2008!
6. The Heisman Trophy was named after John William Heisman who was the first full-time coach at Rice University in Houston ..
7. Brazoria County has more species of birds than any other area in North America
8. Aransas Wildlife Refuge is the winter home of North America 's only remaining flock of whooping cranes...
9. Jalapeno jelly originated in Lake Jackson in 1978.
10. The worst natural disaster in U.S. history was in 1900, caused by a hurricane, in which over 8,000 lives were lost on Galveston Island .
11. The first word spoken from the moon, July 20,1969, was " Houston ," but the space center was actually in Clear Lake City at the time.
12. King Ranch in South Texas is larger than Rhode Island ...
13. Tropical Storm Claudette brought a U.S. rainfall record of 43" in 24 hours in and around Alvin in July of 1979...
14. Texas is the only state to enter the U.S. by TREATY, (known as the Constitution of 1845 by the Republic of Texas to enter the Union ) instead of by annexation. This allows the Texas Flag to fly at the same height as the U.S. Flag, and may divide into 5 states.
15. A Live Oak tree near Fulton is estimated to be 1500 years old.
16. Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
17. Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. There is no period in Dr Pepper..
18. Texas has had six capital cities:
Washington -on- the Brazos, Harrisburg , Galveston ,Velasco, West Columbia and Austin ..
19. The Capitol Dome in Austin is the only dome in the U..S. which is taller than the Capitol Building in Washington DC (by 7 feet).
20. The San Jacinto Monument is the tallest free standing monument in the world and it is taller than the Washington monument.
21. The name ' Texas ' comes from the Hasini Indian word 'tejas' meaning friends. Tejas is not Spanish for Texas ..
22. The State Mascot is the Armadillo (an interesting bit of trivia about the armadillo is they always have four babies.. They have one egg, which splits into four, and they either have four males or four females.).
23. The first domed stadium in the U.S. was the Astrodome in Houston .

Cowboy's Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie , Texas :
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin'.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.

Y'all git that?

TEXAS
===============================================
TEXAS HAS IT ALL

Feeling a litle Down?- Why not Visit
Smiley , Texas 78159
Paradise , Texas 76073
Rainbow , Texas 76077
Sweet Home , Texas 77987
Comfort , Texas 78013
Friendship, Texas 76530

Love the Sun?
Sun City , Texas 78628
Sunrise , Texas 76661
Sunset, Texas 76270
Sundown, Texas 79372
Sunray , Texas 79086
Sunny Side , Texas 77423

Want something to eat?
Bacon , Texas 76301
Noodle , Texas 79536
Oatmeal , Texas 78605
Turkey , Texas 79261
Trout , Texas 75789
Sugar Land , Texas 77479
Salty, Texas 76567
Rice , Texas 75155
Pearland , Texas 77581
Orange , Texas 77630
And top it off with:
Sweetwater , Texas 79556

Why travel to other cities? Texas has them all!
Detroit , Texas 75436
Buffalo , Texas 75831
Cleveland , Texas 75436
Colorado City , Texas 79512
Denver City , Texas 79323
Klondike , Texas 75448
Nevada , Texas 75173
Memphis , Texas 79245
Miami , Texas 79059
Boston , Texas 75570
Santa Fe , Texas 77517
Tennessee Colony , Texas 75861
Reno , Texas 75462
Pasadena , Texas 77506
Columbus , Texas 78934
Feel like traveling outside the country?
Athens , Texas 75751
Canadian, Texas 79014
China , Texas 77613
Egypt , Texas 77436
Ireland , Texas 76538
Italy , Texas 76538
Turkey , Texas 79261
London , Texas 76854
New London , Texas 75682
Paris , Texas 75460
Palestine , Texas 75801

No need to travel to Washington D.C.
Whitehouse , Texas 75791
We even have a city named after our planet!
Earth , Texas 79031
We have a city named after our state
Texas City , Texas 77590

Exhausted?
Energy , Texas 76452
Pep , Texas 79353

Cold?
Blanket , Texas 76432
Winters, Texas

Like to read about History?
Santa Anna , Texas
Goliad , Texas
Alamo , Texas
Gun Barrel City , Texas
Robert Lee , Texas

Need Office Supplies?
Staples, Texas 78670

Want to go into outer space?
Venus , Texas 76084
Mars , Texas 79062

You guessed it. It's on the state line.
Texline , Texas 79087

For the kids...
Kermit , Texas 79745
Elmo , Texas 75118
Nemo , Texas 76070
Tarzan , Texas 79783
Winnie , Texas 77665
Sylvester , Texas 79560

Other city names in Texas , to make you smile.......
Frognot , Texas 75424
Bigfoot , Texas 78005
Hogeye , Texas 75423
Cactus , Texas 79013
Notrees , Texas 79759
Best, Texas 76932
Veribest , Texas 76886
Kickapoo , Texas 75763
Dime Box , Texas 77853
Old Dime Box , Texas 77853
Telephone , Texas 75488
Telegraph , Texas 76883
Whiteface , Texas 79379
Twitty, Texas 79079

And our favorites...
Cut n Shoot, Texas
Gun Barrell City , Texas
Hoop And Holler, Texas
Ding Dong, Texas and, of course,
Muleshoe , Texas
Sent with love from your friend…..a Texan born and raised here.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 07:50  
F1 Driver

Redstorm,
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm a greek who studied for six years in New York, but Texas ( even if I felt it is very beautiful) it always felt a bit frightening and intimidating....we always got the impression that perhaps strangers and people from other cultures might not be so welcome there...I never visited so I don't know and cannot have an opinion but this was an idea that even Newyorkers would transmit to us....
Again please don't misunderstand me, perhaps is the far west idea that intimidates me.....and I hate guns and wars.......have heard so many stories from my father...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 08:12  
GP2 Driver

Arli Racegirl wrote:
momo wrote:

OMG!! They play really good. Soooooo cute :hug: I love cats! In Brazil I have 3, I already miss them so much *_*, here my bf have a big cat (Viivi) , it looks a tiger heheh

I'm more of a dog-person myself, but cats are cute too :) You have Brazil/Suomi as your location, do you live in Finland??? Viivi the cat sounds very Finnish :p

Redstorm, that was funny! wow, funny names of cities and towns!! I would like to visit Paradise and Sunny Side... :lol: People in Texas talk in a funny way... I can't understand half of it.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 08:37  
GP2 Driver

Boudica wrote:
Leijona wrote:
Arli Racegirl wrote:
Sorry, I don't know if someone already put this link in the forum,because the news is 10/06, but someone left in the guestbook of my site, asking for more information, someone could help me? Please!

IS: Jenni Dahlman-Räikkösen epäillyllä kiristäjällä rikostausta
http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/uutiset/muut. ... -rikostaus

translation:

Jenni Dahlman-Räikkönen's suspected blackmailer has criminal background

Rally-driver Kimi Räikkönen's wife Jenni Dahlman-Räikkönen has been blackmailed by a Finnish guy who is familiar to the police.

Ilta-Sanomat reported on Wednesday that the man tried to demand Dahlman-Räikkönen a notable amount of money from the photos. There has been made a report of an offence to the police. The man denies the criminal suspicion.

According to Ilta-Sanomat the man has been in contact with police before. In the criminal scale there are drug-abuse, theft and manslaughter. He has been convicted to probation and to pay fines. He got fines from the manslaughter. The man crashed with his car to the side of another car, whose driver died. He had speeded with the car.

According to Iltalehti the man is Dahlman-Räikkönen's ex-boyfriend.

Wow, this guy sounds dangerous and he is an ex boyfriend?

:blink:

yes, to be more specific the article stated he was Jenni's ex-lover .... don't know if it's true, could be total nonsense.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 08:47  
GP2 Driver

Acropolis wrote:
Redstorm,
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm a greek who studied for six years in New York, but Texas ( even if I felt it is very beautiful) it always felt a bit frightening and intimidating....we always got the impression that perhaps strangers and people from other cultures might not be so welcome there...I never visited so I don't know and cannot have an opinion but this was an idea that even Newyorkers would transmit to us....
Again please don't misunderstand me, perhaps is the far west idea that intimidates me.....and I hate guns and wars.......have heard so many stories from my father...

I feel total the opposite. I have never been to Texas so there is a good chance that the image I have in my head is totally false. But when I think of Texas I think of big open spaces, big ranches, horses, guns, rodeo, I think of times when men were men not a bunch of metrosexuals. I watched a video with Marcus Luttrell/lone survivor on youtube and he, to me, represents that Texan spirit.

On the other hand I also heard that Austin is one of the most fun, "party-friendly" cities in the US so they can´t be that unwelcoming.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 ... 495  Next