The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Kriss » 24 Jun 2010, 19:22

apple wrote:
redstorm wrote:Sorry for being ignorant, is the midsummer a holiday?
Yep, few years it was at its rightfull place that is summer solstice as its a longest day in summer, now the sun is up about 19hours a day and time is ticking backwards towards the christmas. But its so early in june that its now on its old place ,at the end of june . During midsummer all the cities are empty as everyone try to find a place by the lake or gather themselves to parties and festivals.
Bonfire is a must on midsummer as in every finns heart lives a spark of ancient wiches..finns do have their own heritage of superstitious what comes to parties like this.
Btw MTV 3 made a news about Kimi not having specific midsummer plans :blink: :lol:
thanks Apple for the info about Midsummer :hug:
In the other article (Seiska) they say Kimi will be in Monte Carlo for the show jumping event.
MTV3 says he will be in Finnland. KImi is an expert in hiding and misleading. :thumbsup:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 24 Jun 2010, 20:44

Moomin, how's the little baby???

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 24 Jun 2010, 21:49

Acropolis wrote:Moomin, how's the little baby???
Fine, thanks. He sleeps a lot but he has a big voice. Our kid, absolutely. I took today some nice pictures. I try to add one or two here tomorrow. Now I have to go sleep, because I must wake up at morning when our second youngest kid wakes. I guess that I have about seven hours time to sleep. Not bad, even I wake couple of times at every night.
I miss a babysitter

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 24 Jun 2010, 23:13

Wolfie wrote:Wow, you wrote your thesis about Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility

Which other books?

Anyone here read books from Hall Caine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_Caine

"The woman Thou gavest me" - that is such a book that I almost remember it line by line

Ish, about the job interview, here's one thing that might be worth trying: Whenever I went for a job interview I decided beforehand that it's my job and it's for me to decide whether to take it or not - it worked every time
Thank you Maria. Kriss and Acropolis for the good luck wishes :hug: And thanks Wolfie for the great advice! I'll definitely have that in mind next time :hug:

In answer to your question Wolfie, the other two books included in my thesis were North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and Mill On The Floss by George Eliot. Both amazing female authors of their time. N+S is an all time favourite book of mine. I love all the TV adaptations of all of these books too, (and several more) I'm such a sucker for all of these 19th century male characters :lol: The actual subject I studied was History but I loved the idea of writing about these classics so much that I managed to engineer a question that involved comparing the lives of these female characters within the books with the lives of real life women in the 19th century. Which meant I got to talk about books that I loved. Lots. I haven't read any of the books by Hall Caine unfortunately, I may look into them :)

Anyway, I'm rambling again :lol:

The interview went OK this morning. The guy interviewing me did manage to pronounce my name wrong but I couldn't quite bring myself to correct him - I don't think that would have got us off on the right foot! I had a bit of a nightmare trying to find the actual office, after walking what felt like several miles using some dodgy directions from the internet. I found a much easier and quicker way on the way back, one that didn't involve me walking in a giant circle. :roll:: I was almost late but got there in the nick of time. I did however, feel immediately out of place when I walked in - after seeing some of the other employees roaming around it became clear to me that they only hired beautiful people. Seriously, the men looked like they should be in GQ magazine and the women looked like they had all just walked out of a commercial :lol: But the actual interview was OK, I wasn't really asked too many questions to be honest, and what I was asked, I think I answered well and I did do my best. He spent most of the time talking himself which was fine by me. I should find out probably next week. I'm not overly hopeful about it, but I at least had some experience of a more professional interview which I've never really had before.

I'm so very sorry for going on and on - if any of you actually did make it through all that then you deserve a cookie :p

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 24 Jun 2010, 23:58

ish, happy to read your post. good, look at the interview as experience, i know its hard to walk into a place and start looking at the people and thinking you will not fit in. it takes time to build your confidence, but the more interviews you do , the stronger you will get. i hope you get the new job.

i want my cookie, :lol: i thought it was biscuit in england. :wave:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 25 Jun 2010, 00:06

Maria d wrote:ish, happy to read your post. good, look at the interview as experience, i know its hard to walk into a place and start looking at the people and thinking you will not fit in. it takes time to build your confidence, but the more interviews you do , the stronger you will get. i hope you get the new job.

i want my cookie, :lol: i thought it was biscuit in england. :wave:

Here you go, only take one though :lol:

Thanks for the advice, I do actually feel like I am gaining in confidence. I feel happier about going for interviews than I did a while ago when I was bordering on full scale panic about it all :blush: So hopefully it won't be too long. It's just a shame that I can't focus all of my time in searching for a job because of family issues - makes it doubly longer to find a new job.

It is technically biscuit in England but we have all become very Americanized :p And cookies just sound like they would taste nice lol :confused: :lol:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by beefree88 » 25 Jun 2010, 05:52

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Love this interview ... thanks soooo much Jenni :hug: :hug: Can´t wait for the pics ... shame that there seems to be no pic from the inside of the house :(

This restaurant "seerose" looks awesome :cool: http://seerose.dinning.ch/fotos/

Also thanks to Wolfie :hug:
So Kaj thinks that Kimi is pretty :n :lol:
Pretty? Did I miss something?
Edit: Never mind, I found the Autosprint artickle. I think he probably meant cute (as in nice) not good looking, just the double translation (english to italian than back to english) is a bit misleading.

That url doesn't work for me. It says internal server error 500 :(
Last edited by beefree88 on 25 Jun 2010, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 25 Jun 2010, 06:32

Sainz believe that Kimi is good in rally Bulgaria. Carlos Sainz has won the rally champion twice and he talks very nicely from Kimi. He is sure that Kimi will add his pace on asphalt rallies. He told that Kimi was very brave, when he jumped from F1 to WRC. He thinks also that it is much harder change to rally from circuit than from rally to circuit. Kimi has been the most interesting driver in this year and Kimi has give a lot of good publicity to rally.
I miss a babysitter

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 Jun 2010, 06:56

Thanks Moominpappa!
Your quick translations are great!!!

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 Jun 2010, 07:20

Ish, I made it trough youe post as well...So I'll trat myself to a cookie too.
I'm always interested on how you're doing...I have suffered a lot to find my first job.
My mistake was that I was a young woman, at a men's area, in a country not used to women working in industry at those times...
Usually they would tell me that I was overqualified or that they had nothing against women, but for that position the would prefer a man..Finally I got a job in research and development in a very big industry ( 3000 people ) were I was adviced that " they will tear you in pieces " but i did very well...I found a way with everybody and tried to do my best..I moved up very fast...
So, don't lose hope, always try to do your best and you'll find your way... :thumbsup:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 Jun 2010, 07:31

Moominpappa wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Moomin, how's the little baby???
Fine, thanks. He sleeps a lot but he has a big voice. Our kid, absolutely. I took today some nice pictures. I try to add one or two here tomorrow. Now I have to go sleep, because I must wake up at morning when our second youngest kid wakes. I guess that I have about seven hours time to sleep. Not bad, even I wake couple of times at every night.
That very good Moomin that he sleeps a lot...But I can see you have your hands full...
But it is such happiness to have FOUR kids!!!!!

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 25 Jun 2010, 07:44

Acropolis wrote:Ish, I made it trough youe post as well...So I'll trat myself to a cookie too.
I'm always interested on how you're doing...I have suffered a lot to find my first job.
My mistake was that I was a young woman, at a men's area, in a country not used to women working in industry at those times...
Usually they would tell me that I was overqualified or that they had nothing against women, but for that position the would prefer a man..Finally I got a job in research and development in a very big industry ( 3000 people ) were I was adviced that " they will tear you in pieces " but i did very well...I found a way with everybody and tried to do my best..I moved up very fast...
So, don't lose hope, always try to do your best and you'll find your way... :thumbsup:
Thank you, Acropolis, for the advice, it's all very much appreciated from everyone :)

It must have been difficult to change everyone's perceptions about you working in a 'man's industry/environment'. It's great to know you proved them all wrong though! It's lovely to get such kind words on here, all of my older brothers and sisters (they are quite a bit older than me) have all done this a long time ago and were all much more academic than me. So they found it easier to get a job and start a career - they don't seem to understand why I'm not looking for/doing something more academic like they all are. (I have a lot to live up to!) I don't believe it's right for me so I chose not to, and although they are supportive in their own way, I can still tell that they think I'm not trying or something.

Anyway, wow, I'm really going on these last few days! Ha! Sorry for giving everyone my life story recently, I guess it's just nice to get everything off my chest :)

And hi Moomin, it's great to hear your baby is doing well - I never said before but what a lovely picture of the both of you! :wave:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 Jun 2010, 07:56

Ish, it is always like that. I had the same, some members of my family thought I wasn't doing enough, it can get frustrating....
But if you have studied History, can't you work in a school or something? or even a publisher?

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 25 Jun 2010, 08:10

Acropolis wrote:Ish, I made it trough youe post as well...So I'll trat myself to a cookie too.
Hats off to you acropolis. You know even in Finland ,as some think finnish are used to women in mens working places, its sometimes very hard. You can get a job,alright but staying there is much more difficult. My best friend studied economics,graduated in two years and went to big company,only to find out she is the only woman in her department. She had to fight for everything, and she did but eventually went to more "modern" place to work.
Ish, dont think for a moment you are doing lesser than others. I had to go 8 interviews until I found my place.