The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 08:25

:zz: Where is everyone at?

Oh well, I OWN this board muaaaahhh hhhaa hhhaaaaa! :n
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by beefree88 » 24 Jun 2010, 08:31

Moominpappa wrote:
Kriss wrote:
I remember Matti as the skijumper and olympic champion. I'm a little suprised that he ended like that. :(

Matti had too much bad friends :( I liked him a lot and he is still a big sportman for me.

After a succesful sports career it's hard to switch to something new. Actually the hardest part is to find new goals to live for, and sadly many sportsmen fail that.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 24 Jun 2010, 08:45

Hyvää Juhannusta Kaikille! :)
I miss a babysitter

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 09:06

Sports, acting, politics, once you lose the limelight some can never find solid ground again. It would be very easy to get caught up in all your own hype with everyone around you awing over your very presence.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 09:08

Moominpappa wrote:Hyvää Juhannusta Kaikille! :)

:blush: Hope that was not at me 'cause I've got no clue! I speak Redneck only :wave:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 24 Jun 2010, 09:09

Hyvää Juhannusta sinullekin!! :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 24 Jun 2010, 09:10

redstorm wrote:

:blush: Hope that was not at me 'cause I've got no clue! I speak Redneck only :wave:

I think it was "Happy Midsummer for everyone". Am I right?

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 24 Jun 2010, 09:14

redstorm wrote:Sports, acting, politics, once you lose the limelight some can never find solid ground again. It would be very easy to get caught up in all your own hype with everyone around you awing over your very presence.

You're right. Probably that's the reason why so many sportman are trying to come back and being successful again.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 24 Jun 2010, 09:16

Kriss wrote:
redstorm wrote:

Yes! :O :)

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 09:21

Kriss wrote:
redstorm wrote:Sports, acting, politics, once you lose the limelight some can never find solid ground again. It would be very easy to get caught up in all your own hype with everyone around you awing over your very presence.

You're right. Probably that's the reason why so many sportman are trying to come back and being successful again.

Thats always the case. But I give most of it up to the fact that this generation is so spoiled that they would rather cry and moan about how they DESERVE this or that, rather that earn it with hard work. the "old timers' had to get where they were more often with blood, sweat, and tears rather than kissing ass.

And Im of that generation, but I work for what I have :wave:
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 24 Jun 2010, 09:22

Kriss wrote:

Not necessarily. Limelight is one thing, but if you are a competitive person, and worked towards a goal for most of your life, when that stops, you feel like you're in a vacuum. You have to find something to help to channel your energy again, otherwise it destroys you. Literally and figuratively
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 24 Jun 2010, 09:23

momo wrote:
Kriss wrote:
redstorm wrote:

Yes! :O :)

Trade locations straight up. Wanna feel heat, come join me @welcome@
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 24 Jun 2010, 09:28

redstorm wrote:
Kriss wrote:

Thats always the case. But I give most of it up to the fact that this generation is so spoiled that they would rather cry and moan about how they DESERVE this or that, rather that earn it with hard work. the "old timers' had to get where they were more often with blood, sweat, and tears rather than kissing ass.
And Im of that generation, but I work for what I have :wave:

Sportsmen are not your typical spoiled brats. It's just easy to forget how hard they have to work for their success. The media mostly highlights the sunny side, but if you want tabloid headlines, nowadays you can get them easier ways than that.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 24 Jun 2010, 09:32

I hope Lance Armstrong's case is different. :pray: and he will be on the top again.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 24 Jun 2010, 09:34

redstorm wrote:

Oh, really? Expect a PM from me soon and we will see about it :p

Happy Midsummer to all of you :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL