The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1771
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Location: New York

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Maria d » 22 Jun 2010, 23:05

Acropolis wrote:Maria, how's the weather in NY? did it start to be hot and humid?

oh yes,very hot and humid, i had to cut the lawn and garden today. worked up a big sweat, but thats good, cause now i can have more ice cream. :lol:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

User avatar
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Location: finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by apple » 23 Jun 2010, 06:28

7 päivää magazine claims Kimi Räikkönen will have another surgery to his spine. He has swallen discs in his back that has been operated before in France,Strassbourg. It was a new kind of operation where the laser needle took liquid out of his disc. He will have to rest few weeks after operation. During his 10 years career in F1 he has been having a small fractures to his vertebras due to his accidents.

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 06:33

apple wrote:7 päivää magazine claims Kimi Räikkönen will have another surgery to his spine. He has swallen discs in his back that has been operated before in France,Strassbourg. It was a new kind of operation where the laser needle took liquid out of his disc. He will have to rest few weeks after operation. During his 10 years career in F1 he has been having a small fractures to his vertebras due to his accidents.


Hi Apple, sorry about yesterday, I didn't hear the phone :blush:

About the story, do you think that rally has made it worse, in other words, is he forced to go back to F1?

Wow, Seiska was in Switzerland as Kimi's guest :S

Methinks it has a lot to do with Matti Nykänen being Kimi's friend but do you think Jenni loves to spend time with Matti and Mervi :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 06:51

Ice-Ludy wrote:Oi Nikki!!! No problem dear!!! I am not mad, sad or anything!!! :lol: Caopeira it's really cool! I had friends in college who used to dance it. It's pretty popular here! :thumbsup:

BTW Nikki, congrats for being a moderator now!!! You deserved it!!! :shhh:


Capoeira is really cool, beautiful dance where each step is vital when they dance as a group, martial art as it is - and those Finns who are married to Brazilian men, phew what fireworks :E

It's a pleasure in itself to listen them tell about their everyday life :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1693
Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jun 2010, 06:56

Maria d wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Maria, how's the weather in NY? did it start to be hot and humid?

oh yes,very hot and humid, i had to cut the lawn and garden today. worked up a big sweat, but thats good, cause now i can have more ice cream. :lol:


My baby is coming to NY. It will be her second time but she was very young the first time.....
In a way I just hope she will like it, I would like her to do postgraduate there...She thinks it's too far, even if we have such close friends there, she would feel at home....I wish I could come too, but I have this new dog (the one I found injured a couple of months ago) and don't want to leave him alone yet...He is still insecure...Perhaps talking to you stirred up memories and I suddenly want to visit NY....It wouldn't be too expensive since I have a place to stay and free ticket....Oh welll, perhaps in the fall.... :confused:

User avatar
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Location: finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by apple » 23 Jun 2010, 07:00

Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:7 päivää magazine claims Kimi Räikkönen will have another surgery to his spine. He has swallen discs in his back that has been operated before in France,Strassbourg. It was a new kind of operation where the laser needle took liquid out of his disc. He will have to rest few weeks after operation. During his 10 years career in F1 he has been having a small fractures to his vertebras due to his accidents.


Hi Apple, sorry about yesterday, I didn't hear the phone :blush:

About the story, do you think that rally has made it worse, in other words, is he forced to go back to F1?

Wow, Seiska was in Switzerland as Kimi's guest :S

Methinks it has a lot to do with Matti Nykänen being Kimi's friend but do you think Jenni loves to spend time with Matti and Mervi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont worry, I have been so fking busy all the time I thought I have now a little moment to call you, well it wouldnt had lasted for long as a bunch of hungry men stumbled inside at 22 pm..It has been like this for three weeks now, I might have been talking more to other men than to my hubby lately... :blush:

Yeah, I thought the possibility that Kimi might have to end his rally career because of this but I would wait for another surgery and results . Funny thing is as you remember I said at the phone the other time that something is bothering Kimi and I dont know what it is..but I guess now we know. And another one, as Kimi says in his interview, he isnt satisfied on his level yet, well, I sensed that too, thats why I said to you he wasnt sure after Portugal. Now I am sure he goes to the rally path to see if he can do it.

Well, Jenny probably has unexpected rush to riding competition or something during the visit :n

User avatar
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1693
Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Acropolis » 23 Jun 2010, 07:49

Ish!!!!!!
We've been looking for you....
How is it going????

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 07:52

You're sure he goes to rally, Apple?

This is horrible, now when reading that Red Bull gets the F-duct and they can be even 2-3 tenths quicker I can't help but think what if....

Oi, so you don't think Jenni and Mervi will go out shopping :lol:

Take care, Apple
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 331
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 20:02
Location: England

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by ish678 » 23 Jun 2010, 07:58

Acropolis wrote:Ish!!!!!!
We've been looking for you....
How is it going????


Hello! I've just been catching up on this thread and saw that I was mentioned - it's so lovely on here that when someone goes missing even for a short while, it's noticed, even someone like me who doesn't post much :hug: What a lovely community we have!

Anyway, I haven't had much a of a chance to get on here recently, unfortunately the placement that I got fell through which is a shame. But in the meantime, I've joined up with an agency and I have an interview on Thursday morning. I'm a bit nervous but I hope it will be OK. I'd really like to get this job as it sounds like I could actually do it (lol) and it's located somewhere I know very well. So here's hoping! :pray:
Image

User avatar
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 331
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 20:02
Location: England

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by ish678 » 23 Jun 2010, 08:02

Wolfie wrote:
Maria d wrote:wolfie good to read your posts, glad your avatar is back too.


Hi Maria, Iceman1 asked me what happened so it wasn't his fault afterall, the avatar just disappeared - lol

@ Momo, I couldn't see anything :huh:

Linda-Anne wrote:Love the video Nikki, I too love this period in time and have all the Jane Austin books. My prefered period in time has to be Georgian and regency England. Everything I am attracted to comes from this period in time especially the 1780's to 1810. I have had an inexplainable interest boardering on a passion for Nelson and naval history since I was 7 years old. Walked into a bookstore when I was on holiday in Cornwall and spent all my holiday money on a huge book about sea battles and Nelson in particular. Where did that come from I wonder. ?!!
Have you raed Jane Ayre its onother wonderful story as is Wuthering Heights. Seems it would be wonderful to go back in time and live their lives but they had hard times too. I am off now to read Ludy's interview.


Oi, we must be soul sisters then, Linda :hug:

Jane Eyre, sigh, I've read the 800-page book about 20 times... Love the moral questions the book raises, for example when Jane Eyre left Mr. Rochester... it was heartbreaking and I tried to find a way around it many times, still do as a matter of fact, but in the end she did the right thing even if she broke her's and Mr. Rochester's heart, what a shock it was but the only concolation was that there was still hundreds of pages left :pray:

What would you had done in the same situation, Linda? Would you have stayed with Mr. Rochester or not?


Sorry to go back and quote something from a while ago, but I just had to chime in on the Jane Austen/classics talk...I, too am a huge fan of many of the classic books as well. In fact, I wrote my dissertation/thesis at university about 4 of the classics including Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility :) I have to say though, I'm not the biggest fan of Jane Eyre - I just didn't warm to the story as much as some of the others. I love Persuasion though - a severely underrated Jane Austen story in my opinion :)
Image

User avatar
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4316
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kriss » 23 Jun 2010, 08:06

Apple and Nikki, are you talking about this article?
Do you have the magazine?
Is there something interesting in it ?

[help] :hug:

Image

User avatar
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4316
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Kriss » 23 Jun 2010, 08:08

ish678 wrote:
Acropolis wrote:Ish!!!!!!
We've been looking for you....
How is it going????


Hello! I've just been catching up on this thread and saw that I was mentioned - it's so lovely on here that when someone goes missing even for a short while, it's noticed, even someone like me who doesn't post much :hug: What a lovely community we have!

Anyway, I haven't had much a of a chance to get on here recently, unfortunately the placement that I got fell through which is a shame. But in the meantime, I've joined up with an agency and I have an interview on Thursday morning. I'm a bit nervous but I hope it will be OK. I'd really like to get this job as it sounds like I could actually do it (lol) and it's located somewhere I know very well. So here's hoping! :pray:



welcome back :wave: Good luck :hug:

User avatar
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 331
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 20:02
Location: England

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by ish678 » 23 Jun 2010, 08:14

Thank you, Kriss :wave: :)
Image

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Julia » 23 Jun 2010, 08:52

apple wrote:7 päivää magazine claims Kimi Räikkönen will have another surgery to his spine. He has swallen discs in his back that has been operated before in France,Strassbourg. It was a new kind of operation where the laser needle took liquid out of his disc. He will have to rest few weeks after operation. During his 10 years career in F1 he has been having a small fractures to his vertebras due to his accidents.


isn't this old news? I mean the laser operation they talk about is the one he was on before Mexico and if I remembered correctly he said already then that he probably needs one more but he goes to it when he has more time (I read off season) If the back would be very bad he would have gone to the operation between turkey and Portugal when he definitely had a long enough break between the races. So I have a feeling the tabloid is blowing up things i bit...

User avatar
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2693
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Location: Schlaaaaand

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 23 Jun 2010, 09:05

Kriss wrote:Apple and Nikki, are you talking about this article?
Do you have the magazine?
Is there something interesting in it ?

[help] :hug:

Image


Must have been prior to his haircut :) But this pic is lovely :blush:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Post Reply