The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
Ploert
car driver
car driver
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 10:50

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Ploert » 13 Apr 2010, 10:59

Another rally, another forum. Well I'm here. So Turkey, roll on!

What is everybody expecting for this weekend? One third of the rally is on asphalt, so hopefully Kimi can post some competitive times.

p.s. Thanks Wolfie for the URL.

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Apr 2010, 11:00

Just off topic, but if some of you is interested, I added couple pictures to another place.

-edit-
For those, who don't understand what I wrote above, an old forum is pictures from my sauna project.
I miss a babysitter

User avatar
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4316
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kriss » 13 Apr 2010, 11:20

Ploert wrote:Another rally, another forum. Well I'm here. So Turkey, roll on!

What is everybody expecting for this weekend? One third of the rally is on asphalt, so hopefully Kimi can post some competitive times.

p.s. Thanks Wolfie for the URL.


@welcome@ Ploert

I'm expecting Kimi to finish the rally. :pray: Some points would be great. :shhh:
If the rules are the same Loeb will win :(

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Apr 2010, 11:31

Kriss wrote:If the rules are the same Loeb will win :(

I think that Loeb will win on every rules if his car don't break.
I miss a babysitter

User avatar
Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 552
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 15:35
Location: Essex

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Linda-Anne » 13 Apr 2010, 11:36

Hi Guys nice to see you all today.
Just catching up with all your postings

Hey kinga how can I get a banner ?I would love to put Kimi and Ayrton together on one banner.

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Apr 2010, 11:40

Welcome Linda :)
I miss a babysitter

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 13 Apr 2010, 11:46

Welcome Ploert and Linda :hug: :hug:

Soon news and pictures will be flooding in, it's so quiet on the news-front between the rallies, all we hear about is Kimi to Red Bull :lol:

Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1163
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Location: Hungary

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kinga » 13 Apr 2010, 11:54

Linda-Anne wrote:Hey kinga how can I get a banner ?I would love to put Kimi and Ayrton together on one banner.


Hey! :hug:

Can you use photoshop? In that way you can put Kimi's and Ayrton's picture on the same picture/banner. I don't know how to use this program, have never tried it before. If you put a picture about Kimi and one about Ayrton in here I could ask that Hungarian girl (who has made mine) to make one signature for you with those pictures, if you like. :)

About Rally Turkey: I'm expecting Kimi finishing the rally in the points. If everything goes well then he could be good for 6-7-8th place IMO. :pray:

I think
1. his self-confidence has grown (not that he needed it at all)
2. he gets more and more experience in writing the pace notes
3. there are some tarmac stages during this rally
4. he's going to take it easy again IMO (and I hope so)

There's a Hungarian saying: if you go slower you can reach further (something like this). I hope he follows this in Turkey too! :cool:
Image

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Apr 2010, 12:01

Wolfie wrote:Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:

Can you believe that I don't remember to hear that before ''hmm'' I guess that our music taste is a little different.
Hmm. I have all disks by Yö and Eurooppa kolme but listen more music than UDO (and Accept of course), Motörhead, Iron Maiden etc.
I miss a babysitter

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 13 Apr 2010, 12:18

THIS WEEK'S BEST F1-MEMORY: KIMI GETS A FIGHTING POINT FROM MONACO 2007

13.04.2010 14:05 (päivitetty 14:06)

This story is sent by Jari-Matti Salonurmi.

"It was year 2007, Kimi's first year in Ferrari. After a brilliant beginning of the season the direction was unfortunately going down. And what was worst, his team mate Massa had an upper hand because the car suited him better.

We went with three pals to Monaco to watch Kimi's upcoming victory there. We had decided upon it a year ago. Little did we know.

After practice sessions that went well we were waiting for the qualification to begin in the corner before the straight and there were really many Poles making a big noise when cheering for Kubica. Some of them were completely wasted because of the Polish vodka they had brought along (the organising men carried these studs away one by one as they fell asleep...) Behind us on the hill were hundreds of Basks cheering for Alonso and they shouted and sang Alonso's name all the time, especially when the mister himself drove by!

After the qualification started the excitement also started to rise. Kimi had a good pace right from the start on the drying track. It was warm and Kimi went easily to Q2 with 3rd position. We were vibrating, now Kimi would rise and get the pole to Finland! Now way, after Q2 had started it took only 5 minutes before the Poles started to cheer when Kimi came limping with his Ferrari with a broken front, parked his car in the corner where Massa almost crashes into him. A catastrophy for Kimi and Ferrari. That's that then.

The Poles and the Alonso-fans had understandably fun. Even Heikki got beaten by Fisico in Renault. It didn't warm the Suomi-boy's heart much. In the actual race Kimi was 8th after driving a great race and starting from 16th position. And this one point proved out to be really important when the season ended and Räikkönen was crowned as a world champion!!!!

(MTV3)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 13 Apr 2010, 12:21

Moominpappa wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:

Can you believe that I don't remember to hear that before ''hmm'' I guess that our music taste is a little different.
Hmm. I have all disks by Yö and Eurooppa kolme but listen more music than UDO (and Accept of course), Motörhead, Iron Maiden etc.


Not necessarily, Moominpappa... I heard someone sing the song somewhere and got obsessed with it, googled and found the song on Youtube - otherwise I would never had heard it :lol:

It's the words in the song, for example 'I'll bring Tibet to your bed' etc. etc.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Apr 2010, 12:26

Wolfie wrote:Not necessarily, Moominpappa... I heard someone sing the song somewhere and got obsessed with it, googled and found the song on Youtube - otherwise I would never had heard it :lol:

It's the words in the song, for example 'I'll bring Tibet to your bed' etc. etc.

This is the beautiful song. I heard it twice :blush: Bad me :(
I miss a babysitter

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by iceman1 » 13 Apr 2010, 12:29

Linda-Anne wrote:Hey kinga how can I get a banner ?I would love to put Kimi and Ayrton together on one banner.

Hey, I can help just tell me what you want (Kimi and Ayrton only ?)

User avatar
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Location: finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by apple » 13 Apr 2010, 13:12

Wolfie wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:

Can you believe that I don't remember to hear that before ''hmm'' I guess that our music taste is a little different.
Hmm. I have all disks by Yö and Eurooppa kolme but listen more music than UDO (and Accept of course), Motörhead, Iron Maiden etc.


Not necessarily, Moominpappa... I heard someone sing the song somewhere and got obsessed with it, googled and found the song on Youtube - otherwise I would never had heard it :lol:

It's the words in the song, for example 'I'll bring Tibet to your bed' etc. etc.

Yep, Nicole, I have heard it about thousand times too :hug: I love the words, not necessarily the usual love song words Iwould say.

LadyR

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by LadyR » 13 Apr 2010, 13:45

Wolfie wrote:Welcome Ploert and Linda :hug: :hug:

Soon news and pictures will be flooding in, it's so quiet on the news-front between the rallies, all we hear about is Kimi to Red Bull :lol:

Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:



Not enough, that I'm totally obsessed with the songs of Jenni Vartiainen....this ^^ is really great stuff as well! :blush: :)

Thx for sharing! :thumbsup:

Post Reply