It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 00:30

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 495  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 08:29  
GP2 Driver

Kini is nickname for Heinz Kinigadner, he was a motocross driver, works now for KTM.
you know the charity wings for life? he founded that together with Mateschitz after his son had a accident and was bound to the wheelchair.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 08:40  
kart driver

As Ferrari are celebrating their 800th GP some of the past drivers have had their say... here is what Kimi had to say.....

"I will never forget the three years I spent at Ferrari. At the wheel of a car from Maranello, I managed to realise my dream as a driver, which was to win the Formula 1 World Championship title, but it’s not just because of the results that I will never forget this experience. It was a very intense time, a mix of indescribable happiness and some difficult moments: throughout it all, we were always united, as befits a real team.

I took nine wins with Ferrari and three of them stand out. The first was in Melbourne, in 2007, because I could not ask for more than to start my career with the Reds in this way. Then there was the last one at Spa last year, because winning in those circumstances, with a car that was not as good as that of the opposition, was a real morale booster for the team, which was going through a particularly complicated time. Then, there was the victory in Sao Paolo, which brought me the world title and no other words are needed to explain why that race is special for me.

My character and how I express myself is very different to the Italian way, but that did not stop us from understanding each other and the emotions we shared. I gave my maximum effort over those three years and I got so much in return and even if, in the end, we went our separate ways, I will always have some really nice memories.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... 800GP.aspx
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 08:44  
F1 Driver

Pyper wrote:
As Ferrari are celebrating their 800th GP some of the past drivers have had their say... here is what Kimi had to say.....

"I will never forget the three years I spent at Ferrari. At the wheel of a car from Maranello, I managed to realise my dream as a driver, which was to win the Formula 1 World Championship title, but it’s not just because of the results that I will never forget this experience. It was a very intense time, a mix of indescribable happiness and some difficult moments: throughout it all, we were always united, as befits a real team.

I took nine wins with Ferrari and three of them stand out. The first was in Melbourne, in 2007, because I could not ask for more than to start my career with the Reds in this way. Then there was the last one at Spa last year, because winning in those circumstances, with a car that was not as good as that of the opposition, was a real morale booster for the team, which was going through a particularly complicated time. Then, there was the victory in Sao Paolo, which brought me the world title and no other words are needed to explain why that race is special for me.

My character and how I express myself is very different to the Italian way, but that did not stop us from understanding each other and the emotions we shared. I gave my maximum effort over those three years and I got so much in return and even if, in the end, we went our separate ways, I will always have some really nice memories.”

Thanks for this. Although I'm more than sure that these words are very polished. Kimi wouldn't have said it the way it's written down. But, I'm sure that he said so about those 3 wins. Awww I would've picked these 3 victories too! Kimi.... <-- :hug:

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 08:45  
F1 Driver

Kinga wrote:
Thanks for this. Although I'm more than sure that these words are very polished. Kimi wouldn't have said it the way it's written down. But, I'm sure that he said so about those 3 wins. Awww I would've picked these 3 victories too! Kimi.... <-- :hug:

I think like this too.

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 09:28  
GP2 Driver

Moominpappa wrote:
Kinga wrote:

I think like this too.

LOL. I remember these words, they came from an interview from Thursday after the game over was announced.
At least the beginning till->
I will never forget the three years I spent at Ferrari. At the wheel of a car from Maranello, I managed to realise my dream as a driver, which was to win the Formula 1 World Championship title

but the second part is c**p, coljannis maestro :zz:

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 10:33  
F1 Driver

Kinga wrote:
Pyper wrote:

The real Kimi would have said "Yah, I mean that does not interest me." Then he'll be prompted by the pesky interviewer to give a better answer, to which he'd reply, "It's nice."

miezicat wrote:
Kini is nickname for Heinz Kinigadner, he was a motocross driver, works now for KTM.
you know the charity wings for life? he founded that together with Mateschitz after his son had a accident and was bound to the wheelchair.
Thanks for the info, V!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 11:03  
GP2 Driver

Im a bit disappointed by Kimis pace so far. I had hoped he would be as fast as Wilson and Østberg. Maybe he is just pacing himself for the 2nd run through the same stages. 10th overall so far. But already 43 seconds behind Østberg in 9th after 4 stages.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:14  
F1 Driver

Hopefully ish had a good interview.

Here is 12 years old picture of me and my girl :lol:

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:32  
F1 Driver

^^^OMG, Moominpappa!!! :lol: But it's not a moomin! Would have been nice to see you in a moomin costume.

I hope Ish would tell us what's happened today. :)

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:41  
F1 Driver

Kinga wrote:
^^^OMG, Moominpappa!!! :lol: But it's not a moomin! Would have been nice to see you in a moomin costume.

I hope Ish would tell us what's happened today. :)

You are right, I am Dino :cool: This was the best job I am ever done!

Here is picture of Moomin. My girl is on the left and boy is on the middle of the picture. Unfortunately I am not been as Moomin :(

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:41  
F1 Driver

Moominpappa,that's a great picture....
I hope ish is feeling better....at least it will be all over...
as for me a very hard day: as i said very difficult studying, arrangements for a new place,a sudden toothacke ( for the first time in my life, and i'm not even home! But a nice dentist here in England solved the problem for this poor foreigner....)
so, life is hard, but: when the going gets tough, the tough get going.......we never give up.....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:45  
F1 Driver

Wow, that moomin costume is sooo cute!!!!! And in the background another moomin! Thanks for sharing those pics! :)

Acropolis, awwww... I'm really sorry to hear that but you're feeling better and that's the most important thing. :)

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:48  
F1 Driver

Thanks Kinga, I always try to see the bright side of things....
Always have I discovered that I have more power than I think....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 12:53  
F1 Driver

Acropolis wrote:
Thanks Kinga, I always try to see the bright side of things....
Always have I discovered that I have more power than I think....

That's really cool! Wish I'd be like that too. I'm more pessimistic. :(

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 13:01  
F1 Driver

No,no Kinga.....you must think that all pains go away....Once you are healthy (and even if not, if you can manage it in some extent...) you can face everything! Try to remember how many times we feel like the sky has fallen on our heads, aND THEN WE SEE THAT THE STORM HAS PASSED....ALL IS ROLLING...AND MOMENTS ARE SO PRECIOUS TO LOOSE BY BEING PESSIMISTIC....so come on, keep on rolling....
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 495  Next