The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by miezicat » 28 May 2010, 08:29

Kini is nickname for Heinz Kinigadner, he was a motocross driver, works now for KTM.
you know the charity wings for life? he founded that together with Mateschitz after his son had a accident and was bound to the wheelchair.

Pyper
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Pyper » 28 May 2010, 08:40

As Ferrari are celebrating their 800th GP some of the past drivers have had their say... here is what Kimi had to say.....

"I will never forget the three years I spent at Ferrari. At the wheel of a car from Maranello, I managed to realise my dream as a driver, which was to win the Formula 1 World Championship title, but it’s not just because of the results that I will never forget this experience. It was a very intense time, a mix of indescribable happiness and some difficult moments: throughout it all, we were always united, as befits a real team.

I took nine wins with Ferrari and three of them stand out. The first was in Melbourne, in 2007, because I could not ask for more than to start my career with the Reds in this way. Then there was the last one at Spa last year, because winning in those circumstances, with a car that was not as good as that of the opposition, was a real morale booster for the team, which was going through a particularly complicated time. Then, there was the victory in Sao Paolo, which brought me the world title and no other words are needed to explain why that race is special for me.

My character and how I express myself is very different to the Italian way, but that did not stop us from understanding each other and the emotions we shared. I gave my maximum effort over those three years and I got so much in return and even if, in the end, we went our separate ways, I will always have some really nice memories.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... 800GP.aspx

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 08:44

Pyper wrote:As Ferrari are celebrating their 800th GP some of the past drivers have had their say... here is what Kimi had to say.....

"I will never forget the three years I spent at Ferrari. At the wheel of a car from Maranello, I managed to realise my dream as a driver, which was to win the Formula 1 World Championship title, but it’s not just because of the results that I will never forget this experience. It was a very intense time, a mix of indescribable happiness and some difficult moments: throughout it all, we were always united, as befits a real team.

I took nine wins with Ferrari and three of them stand out. The first was in Melbourne, in 2007, because I could not ask for more than to start my career with the Reds in this way. Then there was the last one at Spa last year, because winning in those circumstances, with a car that was not as good as that of the opposition, was a real morale booster for the team, which was going through a particularly complicated time. Then, there was the victory in Sao Paolo, which brought me the world title and no other words are needed to explain why that race is special for me.

My character and how I express myself is very different to the Italian way, but that did not stop us from understanding each other and the emotions we shared. I gave my maximum effort over those three years and I got so much in return and even if, in the end, we went our separate ways, I will always have some really nice memories.”

Thanks for this. Although I'm more than sure that these words are very polished. Kimi wouldn't have said it the way it's written down. But, I'm sure that he said so about those 3 wins. Awww I would've picked these 3 victories too! Kimi.... <-- :hug:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 28 May 2010, 08:45

Kinga wrote:Thanks for this. Although I'm more than sure that these words are very polished. Kimi wouldn't have said it the way it's written down. But, I'm sure that he said so about those 3 wins. Awww I would've picked these 3 victories too! Kimi.... <-- :hug:

I think like this too.
I miss a babysitter

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 28 May 2010, 09:28

Moominpappa wrote:
Kinga wrote:Thanks for this. Although I'm more than sure that these words are very polished. Kimi wouldn't have said it the way it's written down. But, I'm sure that he said so about those 3 wins. Awww I would've picked these 3 victories too! Kimi.... <-- :hug:

I think like this too.

LOL. I remember these words, they came from an interview from Thursday after the game over was announced.
At least the beginning till->
I will never forget the three years I spent at Ferrari. At the wheel of a car from Maranello, I managed to realise my dream as a driver, which was to win the Formula 1 World Championship title

but the second part is c**p, coljannis maestro :zz:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 28 May 2010, 10:33

Kinga wrote:
Pyper wrote:As Ferrari are celebrating their 800th GP some of the past drivers have had their say... here is what Kimi had to say.....

Thanks for this. Although I'm more than sure that these words are very polished. Kimi wouldn't have said it the way it's written down. But, I'm sure that he said so about those 3 wins. Awww I would've picked these 3 victories too! Kimi.... <-- :hug:
The real Kimi would have said "Yah, I mean that does not interest me." Then he'll be prompted by the pesky interviewer to give a better answer, to which he'd reply, "It's nice."

miezicat wrote:Kini is nickname for Heinz Kinigadner, he was a motocross driver, works now for KTM.
you know the charity wings for life? he founded that together with Mateschitz after his son had a accident and was bound to the wheelchair.
Thanks for the info, V!

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 28 May 2010, 11:03

Im a bit disappointed by Kimis pace so far. I had hoped he would be as fast as Wilson and Østberg. Maybe he is just pacing himself for the 2nd run through the same stages. 10th overall so far. But already 43 seconds behind Østberg in 9th after 4 stages.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Moominpappa » 28 May 2010, 12:14

Hopefully ish had a good interview.

Here is 12 years old picture of me and my girl :lol:
I miss a babysitter

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 12:32

^^^OMG, Moominpappa!!! :lol: But it's not a moomin! Would have been nice to see you in a moomin costume.

I hope Ish would tell us what's happened today. :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 28 May 2010, 12:41

Kinga wrote:^^^OMG, Moominpappa!!! :lol: But it's not a moomin! Would have been nice to see you in a moomin costume.

I hope Ish would tell us what's happened today. :)

You are right, I am Dino :cool: This was the best job I am ever done!

Here is picture of Moomin. My girl is on the left and boy is on the middle of the picture. Unfortunately I am not been as Moomin :(

I miss a babysitter

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 28 May 2010, 12:41

Moominpappa,that's a great picture....
I hope ish is feeling better....at least it will be all over...
as for me a very hard day: as i said very difficult studying, arrangements for a new place,a sudden toothacke ( for the first time in my life, and i'm not even home! But a nice dentist here in England solved the problem for this poor foreigner....)
so, life is hard, but: when the going gets tough, the tough get going.......we never give up.....

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 12:45

Wow, that moomin costume is sooo cute!!!!! And in the background another moomin! Thanks for sharing those pics! :)

Acropolis, awwww... I'm really sorry to hear that but you're feeling better and that's the most important thing. :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 28 May 2010, 12:48

Thanks Kinga, I always try to see the bright side of things....
Always have I discovered that I have more power than I think....

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 12:53

Acropolis wrote:Thanks Kinga, I always try to see the bright side of things....
Always have I discovered that I have more power than I think....

That's really cool! Wish I'd be like that too. I'm more pessimistic. :(

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 28 May 2010, 13:01

No,no Kinga.....you must think that all pains go away....Once you are healthy (and even if not, if you can manage it in some extent...) you can face everything! Try to remember how many times we feel like the sky has fallen on our heads, aND THEN WE SEE THAT THE STORM HAS PASSED....ALL IS ROLLING...AND MOMENTS ARE SO PRECIOUS TO LOOSE BY BEING PESSIMISTIC....so come on, keep on rolling....