It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 00:57

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 495  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster
PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 21:55  
F1 Routinier

dindi wrote:
saif wrote:
I know its almost impossible but frankly speaking after the ferrari episode, i dont trust any team that includes red bull... i hope if Kimi is to come back to F1 he goes to the tried & tested McLaren.... but this looks impossible, so I hope its WRC.. probably Kimi will buy citroen cars like petter :O
Me neither, Saif.

Saif and Dindi, why don't you trust any team that includes Red Bull :huh:

PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 22:50  
F1 Rookie

^ I think he meant - I don't trust any team, and that includes Red Bull also.

PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 23:04  
F1 Routinier

SpaMaster wrote:
^ I think he meant - I don't trust any team, and that includes Red Bull also.

Thanks Dheeban, that cleared it up :O

Heikki Kulta has an article where he says that Massa's future is wide open.

In short; Massa's contract expires in December and they haven't started any negotiations in Maranello so Nicolas Todt has made inquiries in other teams too.

He says that now that the Spaniard has moved to the Italian team it has clearly made Massa's situation more diffifult.

Stefano Domecali put an end to the rumours that they would have been negotiating with Massa for year 2011.

– There's no reason to rush. We have a long contract with Alonso and we trust and like Massa, Domenicali said.

Kubica said this:

– At the moment all I think about is driving in Renault. Of course Ferrari is everyone's dream but it makes no sense to change teams if you are happy where you are and believe that you can fight for victories and championships.

Heikki Kulta also points out one important thing: Massa is known as a guy who doesn't create any troubles for his team.
---------------
To be honest I have great difficulties seeing Kubica in Ferrari when Alonso is there. That would create problems.

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 02:51  
GP2 Driver

Do you think that Kubi believes that Renault can fight for victories and championships? Because, the way the car is now, I don't think so.

And if it was one's dream, wouldn't one want to fulfill it? :huh:

I don't know about difficulties with Kubi and Alonso being in the same team as they're good friends...unless Alonso wants the WDC so much that he is willing to break his friendship with Kubica. Somehow, with Alonso's personality, I can imagine him valuing the WDC more than his friendship with Kubi.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 05:01  
GP2 Driver

I think this is what Kimi is talking about, everyone not saying what they mean, going round and round in circles like some political drama when it is a sport. I have learned to never to trust anything said in the media unless something has been officially signed. But as in kimi's case, even if they signed him they can easily break the contract. All you need is $$$ ''hmm''

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 07:10  
F1 Driver

hi,

have been coming here for kimi-news for couple of months now ... so
thought i could be time for me to post some news also. Kimi seems to have bought a trotter-horse a couple of weeks ago... the articel is dated 17.5.2010.

http://travronden.se/edrum.jsp?article=40289

google translate:

F1 star horse owner in Heiskanen stable

Eijo Heiskanen has strengthened the horse owner-stage with one of the world's most famous motor stars.

It's about his countryman Kimi Raikkonen, 30, known from ten successful years in Formula 1, but who now run rally.

Raikkonen's debut horse as horse owners become V75-bekantingen Oma Y. (four wins in 18 starts, earned 441 000 SEK) has almost come from a victory in the finals at home Diamantstoets banana Aby. A triumph worth 200 000 Euros and in only three starts this year after the injury break has come to the mare in a 250 000 SEK.

- Kimi and I have common friends, that is how we have come in contact with each other. Kimi is Finland's best-known person and it feels really nice to have him as a horse owner says Veijo Heiskanen to Travronden.

Raikkonen track record in Formula 1 is impressive. After that started with Sauber in 2001 as Raikkonen drove for McLaren-Mercedes for five years which resulted in two second prize in Formula 1's overall series.

In 2007 the team changed Raikkonen to Ferrari for which he won the overall series in the first year. This was followed by a third-and sixth place the following two years and Raikkonen won a seat in Formula 1's Hall of Fame.

This year, Raikkonen took a break in Formula 1-conditionality and instead focused on the rally where he will compete for Citroen.

Tomorrow morning starts Y. Oma, in an attempt to Diamond Oaks at Axevalla and it remains to be seen whether she has enough horsepower to please their new owners ...

Av Emil Persson
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 07:43  
F1 Rookie

Welcome Julia :wave:, thanks for the article.

So, I wonder how Oma Y. did in her "race" on Tuesday...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 07:56  
F1 Rookie

Wolfie wrote:
dindi wrote:
saif wrote:
I know its almost impossible but frankly speaking after the ferrari episode, i dont trust any team that includes red bull... i hope if Kimi is to come back to F1 he goes to the tried & tested McLaren.... but this looks impossible, so I hope its WRC.. probably Kimi will buy citroen cars like petter :O
Me neither, Saif.

Saif and Dindi, why don't you trust any team that includes Red Bull :huh:

yes as pointed by SpaMaster, I meant that i dont trust any of the teams on the grid.. i specifically wrote red bull coz thats the team Kimi is being linked to

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 08:49  
F1 Rookie

Julia wrote:
hi,

have been coming here for kimi-news for couple of months now ... so
thought i could be time for me to post some news also. Kimi seems to have bought a trotter-horse a couple of weeks ago... the articel is dated 17.5.2010.

http://travronden.se/edrum.jsp?article=40289

google translate:

F1 star horse owner in Heiskanen stable

Eijo Heiskanen has strengthened the horse owner-stage with one of the world's most famous motor stars.

It's about his countryman Kimi Raikkonen, 30, known from ten successful years in Formula 1, but who now run rally.

Raikkonen's debut horse as horse owners become V75-bekantingen Oma Y. (four wins in 18 starts, earned 441 000 SEK) has almost come from a victory in the finals at home Diamantstoets banana Aby. A triumph worth 200 000 Euros and in only three starts this year after the injury break has come to the mare in a 250 000 SEK.

- Kimi and I have common friends, that is how we have come in contact with each other. Kimi is Finland's best-known person and it feels really nice to have him as a horse owner says Veijo Heiskanen to Travronden.

Raikkonen track record in Formula 1 is impressive. After that started with Sauber in 2001 as Raikkonen drove for McLaren-Mercedes for five years which resulted in two second prize in Formula 1's overall series.

In 2007 the team changed Raikkonen to Ferrari for which he won the overall series in the first year. This was followed by a third-and sixth place the following two years and Raikkonen won a seat in Formula 1's Hall of Fame.

This year, Raikkonen took a break in Formula 1-conditionality and instead focused on the rally where he will compete for Citroen.

Tomorrow morning starts Y. Oma, in an attempt to Diamond Oaks at Axevalla and it remains to be seen whether she has enough horsepower to please their new owners ...

Av Emil Persson

Welcome Julia! :hug:
Thanks for the likeable news! :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 12:03  
F1 Driver

thanks, your welcome!

@ Dracaena sorry, didin't get the result. The site was rather confusing for a person who doesn't understand anything about trottering.

Another piece of Kimi-related information I found on the internet today:

The GM of Citroen seems to be very happy that Kimi chosed their car -> The global financial cris, which is said to affects everybody in motorsport (or atleast F1), doesn't have had souch an inpact on citroen's sales numbers this year. To increase with almost +20 %, WOW!!!

http://www.rallybuzz.com/citroen-rally-portugal-pr/

Three questions to... Frédéric Banzet Citroën general manager

After the first five rallies of the season, how would you describe the performance of Citroën and its drivers?

“Thanks to their three victories, Sébastien Loeb and Daniel Elena are leading the Drivers’ World Championship while Citroën is first in the manufacturers’ one, so it’s all very positive. Even though we didn’t win, I found the battle in the New Zealand rally was very exciting to follow. This season is very indecisive and above all, we must never let up. We’ve only got a five-point lead in the manufacturers’ championship so that shows how close our battle is with our rival. I’d like to say bravo to Dani Sordo, Sébastien Ogier’s progress and Kimi Raïkkönen’s courage. Our four crews are really grandstanding the Citroën colours.”

Citroën’s involvement in the WRC seems to be pretty solid. Why?

"Throughout its history the make’s been involved in road-going sporting adventures. Today, rallying is part of Citroën’s DNA and the WRC is the pinnacle of this sport. It’s run on a worldwide basis in the best sense of the word, and it’s in phase with our image. For an innovative manufacturer like Citroën involved in on-going research for new technologies, rallying is an ideal showcase. Each of our victories all over the world demonstrates the values of creative technology.”

You will be present at the Portuguese Rally? What does this event represent for Citroën?

“First and foremost, it is an important commercial market as Citroën is among the leaders in terms of private vehicle sales and leads the utility vehicle section. Our volume of sales for private vehicles has gone up by more than 19% from the start of the year to the end of April. The Portuguese Rally is one of the historic events in the world championship. Far from hanging on to the past, the organizers are doing a great job in terms of promotion. Everything’s being done for the spectators beginning with the super special in the Algarve stadium. Citroën, its branches and its partners are taking advantage of this event to put on public relations operations. We’ll have a lot of people supporting the team and its drivers next weekend!”
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 12:12  
F1 Rookie

New pic Kimi in Monaco

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 12:16  
F1 Driver

thanks anelise....

looking at it I think that the pics of a shirtless guy in Monaco is the guy sat next to kimi...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 13:17  
F1 Driver

Vida wrote:
thanks anelise....

looking at it I think that the pics of a shirtless guy in Monaco is the guy sat next to kimi...

Hehe yup yup...there we´ve got the face of Mr. Hotbody :) Not bad not bad :cool:

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 16:30  
Wolfie wrote:
LadyR wrote:
Okay, I will try my best. Or ladies, do we think together abotu the thread name? Cuz it's gonnna be an important thread! ;)

So leijonat reached quarterfinal. Today they played against Czech Republic, it was such an exciting game. Kontiola scored 1-0 for Finland after 55 seconds in the first half. They could hold that til the third third, where the Czech could manage to make 1-1. After the extra time, their was the penalty shotout and with that result ->

CZE: Lukas Kaspar, shot, goal
FIN: Jarkko Immonen, shot, goal
CZE: Jan Marek, deke, goal
FIN: Jussi Jokinen, deke, missed the net
CZE: Jakub Klepis, deke, miss
FIN: Petri Kontiola, miss

But all in all, I can say, that the Suomi boys rocked! Were always great to watch their performance at this tournament.
Pekka Rinne, handsome and a classy goalkeeper. :blush: :cool:

Thanks a million for the update, Lady R :hug:

So now Sweden was out too :(

Look how not watching the games affects me, I'm sorry for Sweden :lol:

Welcome! :)

Oh, Sweden won bronze medal against Germany today btw! :cool:

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 21:34  
GP2 Driver

Wolfie wrote:

Hi Leijona and great to hear that the thesis is over and it went well :hug:

Off-Topic: show
So.... how is the love life? You haven't kept us updated :<>:

Off-Topic: show
:lol: Oh Nikki, I wish there was something to tell :roll::

the summer is kicking in though, so let's wait and see :zz:
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 495  Next