Wolfie wrote:You're a gem too, Kriss
Phew, made it and the story isn't that mind-blowing after all
rko, it would be great if you could find other articles about the same matter
Iltalehti 12.5.2010 (paper edition)
KIMI NEEDED TRUST
Andrea Stella misses the Finn's straightforwardness
Andrea Stella has seen the gestures of three different world champions. First he worked with Michael Schumacher. After that Kimi Räikkönen listened to Stella's orders and now Fernando Alonso has to follow the Italian's will.
Stella doesn't give a dominating image of himself. On the contrary, the man who talks quietly is one of the most liked persons on the paddock. The 39-year old race engineer had to adjust his style heavily between Schumi and Räikkönen.
- Kimi wanted as little information as possible. He only wanted to hear the most essential and the style had to be simple. You couldn't mix it with any feelings, Stella remembers in El Pais -magazine's interview.
- Schumacher again loved to analyse everything. He wanted to know why something had happened or what was behind each mistake.
Stella is the person who's voice you hear guiding in the television, Alonso at the moment. Last year he still had the communication connection with Räikkönen.
- I had to convey confidence to Kimi: the feeling that I trusted him completely.
Stella is an engineer specialised in airplanes so it's only natural that he is an expert in aerodynamics. In his current position he also has to take responsibility for the strategic aspect of races.
- In my work I try to offer the driver the best possibilities to bring out his own skills, Stella says to the Spanish paper.
Every now and then he gets to hear anger. The top professionals aren't always the most grateful workmates.
- Shut up , I don't want to hear anything about it, Alonso shouted in front of the whole tv-audience when Stella warned him that Lewis Hamilton is getting closer in Australia GP.
kiitos Nicole !!