The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 593
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 07:11
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by amoljoshi » 04 May 2010, 09:00

Oh it`s little frustrating. :fear: But I had to make a post here about it.

I have been called to join my place in my company on 27th May. And I just noted that Vodafone Rally de Portugal
28 - 30/5/10.
So I don`t think I`ll be able to be here for Kimi`s next rally. :(

I will be shifting to a new city, so I don`t think I`ll be able to be online either. :huh:
Now I`m feeling gutted that Kimi is not participating in NZ. :blink:

However I`m happy that I`ll be joining the Industry. And yeah, I dream to join the team of Kimi though I`m not an Motor-Mechanical Engineer. But I still dream about it from IT aspects.

My company has connections to F1 team. But Kimi`s not driving for that one. ::oops:; :!:

I won`t disclose the name of the company here till I join it, because I feel I still have some options left with me. &doh

P.S. Hopefully I`ll have my mobile internet connection working with which I can see live stuff here and on WRC.

Keep Flying Kimi. :D

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 04 May 2010, 09:11

amoljoshi wrote:Oh it`s little frustrating. :fear: But I had to make a post here about it.

I have been called to join my place in my company on 27th May. And I just noted that Vodafone Rally de Portugal
28 - 30/5/10.
So I don`t think I`ll be able to be here for Kimi`s next rally.

I will be shifting to a new city, so I don`t think I`ll be able to be online either.
Now I`m feeling gutted that Kimi is not participating in NZ.

However I`m happy that I`ll be joining the Industry. And yeah, I dream to join the team of Kimi though I`m not an Motor-Mechanical Engineer. But I still dream about it from IT aspects.

My company has connections to F1 team. But Kimi`s not driving for that one. ::oops:; :!:

I won`t disclose the name of the company here till I join it, because I feel I still have some options left with me. &doh

P.S. Hopefully I`ll have my mobile internet connection working with which I can see live stuff here and on WRC.

Keep Flying Kimi. :D


Oh amoljoshi :(

Your job sounds interesting though :cool:

But you will be here, in your thoughts, and that's what counts :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by luieluv » 04 May 2010, 09:13

amoljoshi wrote:Oh it`s little frustrating. :fear: But I had to make a post here about it.

I have been called to join my place in my company on 27th May. And I just noted that Vodafone Rally de Portugal
28 - 30/5/10.
So I don`t think I`ll be able to be here for Kimi`s next rally. :(

I will be shifting to a new city, so I don`t think I`ll be able to be online either. :huh:
Now I`m feeling gutted that Kimi is not participating in NZ. :blink:

However I`m happy that I`ll be joining the Industry. And yeah, I dream to join the team of Kimi though I`m not an Motor-Mechanical Engineer. But I still dream about it from IT aspects.

My company has connections to F1 team. But Kimi`s not driving for that one. ::oops:; :!:

I won`t disclose the name of the company here till I join it, because I feel I still have some options left with me. &doh

P.S. Hopefully I`ll have my mobile internet connection working with which I can see live stuff here and on WRC.

Keep Flying Kimi. :D


way to go Amol... Keep flying..
All the best.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 04 May 2010, 09:21

LadyR wrote:What I like most about this commercial, is the well-made comparison between the adult and the young Kimi! :$ ->

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1328/erto.jpg

Off-Topic: show
All in all, yesterday seemed to be a Finnish "movie" day, cuz in late-night TV programme have been the German version of a Finnish/Swedish drama called "Äideistä parhain" or "Den bästa av mödrar"...

Here is a short extract from the plot:
1943: Nine-year-old Eero whose father is killed during the war is brought to Sweden to foster parents to his protection like thousands of other Finnish children. Eero feels lost, particularly as his foster mother Signe behaves very unfriendly. She was expecting a little girl and still mourns for her daughter who drowned in the sea. The situation changes when Eero's mother tells with a letter that she wants to go with her lover to Germany and Eero should remain with his foster mother. Thus Eero becomes Signe's son. Now she cares lovingly for him. Eero makes friends with the little girl Siv and enjoys childhood for a while. However, after the end of the war the boy has to go back to Finland against his will where his mother waits for him. Never again he will be able to trust her, since she has disappointed him too often. 60 years later, invited to Signe's burial, he will understand while reading all letters that both women only wanted the best for him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343221/

A very sad and touching movie, but definitely worth to watch


Off-Topic: show
That is one sad movie, LadyR. A co-worker once told me that she can't trust anybody in life since when she was little her father took her to a train and put this name-tag around her neck and said that he will go and make one phone call but will be back before the train leaves.

The train left, she was sitting there alone and hysterical because her father didn't make it to the train. It took some time for her (years) to figure out that he didn't even intend to come to the train, he just didn't have the courage to tell her that he is sending her to Sweden.

But then again, there has been so many wonderful stories over how the Finnish children were welcomed. It was all arranged by Swedish mothers and they didn't get any payment for offering a safe place to the children who were in danger during the bomb attacks in Finland and had nothing to eat here.

There were many children who never even wanted to come back to Finland and they lost the connection with their parents since they got so much love from the foster-parents - and they got to eat all the things they had only heard and dreamed of - like sugar and fruits.

Kudos to the Swedes for making a noise about it and insisting on taking care of the children in Finland :hug:

My father still visits his foster-parents in Sweden and they were really nice people, really nice.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Moominpappa » 04 May 2010, 09:44

My grandmother was six years old when went to sweden. Parents was nice but some kids not. It was not easy to be in Sweden alone, speaking another language etc.
We are so lucky to live without war.
I miss a babysitter

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 593
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 07:11
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by amoljoshi » 04 May 2010, 10:12

Wolfie wrote:
amoljoshi wrote:Oh it`s little frustrating. But I had to make a post here about it.

I have been called to join my place in my company on 27th May. And I just noted that Vodafone Rally de Portugal
28 - 30/5/10.
So I don`t think I`ll be able to be here for Kimi`s next rally.

I will be shifting to a new city, so I don`t think I`ll be able to be online either.
Now I`m feeling gutted that Kimi is not participating in NZ.

However I`m happy that I`ll be joining the Industry. And yeah, I dream to join the team of Kimi though I`m not an Motor-Mechanical Engineer. But I still dream about it from IT aspects.

My company has connections to F1 team. But Kimi`s not driving for that one.

I won`t disclose the name of the company here till I join it, because I feel I still have some options left with me.

P.S. Hopefully I`ll have my mobile internet connection working with which I can see live stuff here and on WRC.

Keep Flying Kimi.


Oh amoljoshi :(

Your job sounds interesting though :cool:

But you will be here, in your thoughts, and that's what counts :hug:


I wonder how will my job go to the team of Kimi.

But still it is good to dream. :)

And yeah, I`ll be here campaigning for Kimi in my thoughts. &doh

@luieluv: Dhanyawad. :::

@Wolfie: It`s Amol. :) And for your reference I`m going to be the fresher who does n`t have any experience. So I hope my job will be interesting. :Off topic:

User avatar
kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 403
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 01:56

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by kracer » 04 May 2010, 10:58

amoljoshi wrote:Oh it`s little frustrating. :fear: But I had to make a post here about it.

I have been called to join my place in my company on 27th May. And I just noted that Vodafone Rally de Portugal
28 - 30/5/10.
So I don`t think I`ll be able to be here for Kimi`s next rally. :(

I will be shifting to a new city, so I don`t think I`ll be able to be online either. :huh:
Now I`m feeling gutted that Kimi is not participating in NZ. :blink:

However I`m happy that I`ll be joining the Industry. And yeah, I dream to join the team of Kimi though I`m not an Motor-Mechanical Engineer. But I still dream about it from IT aspects.

My company has connections to F1 team. But Kimi`s not driving for that one.

I won`t disclose the name of the company here till I join it, because I feel I still have some options left with me. &doh

P.S. Hopefully I`ll have my mobile internet connection working with which I can see live stuff here and on WRC.

Keep Flying Kimi. :D


Good Luck, amoljoshi! I'm sue things will work out well for you. :thumbsup:

You can always come back here when you've settled in.

@Nikki - Thanks about the recipes. :wave:

User avatar
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1163
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Location: Hungary

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kinga » 04 May 2010, 11:52

Wolfie wrote:
Off-Topic: show
That is one sad movie, LadyR. A co-worker once told me that she can't trust anybody in life since when she was little her father took her to a train and put this name-tag around her neck and said that he will go and make one phone call but will be back before the train leaves.

The train left, she was sitting there alone and hysterical because her father didn't make it to the train. It took some time for her (years) to figure out that he didn't even intend to come to the train, he just didn't have the courage to tell her that he is sending her to Sweden.

But then again, there has been so many wonderful stories over how the Finnish children were welcomed. It was all arranged by Swedish mothers and they didn't get any payment for offering a safe place to the children who were in danger during the bomb attacks in Finland and had nothing to eat here.

There were many children who never even wanted to come back to Finland and they lost the connection with their parents since they got so much love from the foster-parents - and they got to eat all the things they had only heard and dreamed of - like sugar and fruits.

Kudos to the Swedes for making a noise about it and insisting on taking care of the children in Finland :hug:

My father still visits his foster-parents in Sweden and they were really nice people, really nice.


Off-Topic: show
OMG!!! That's awful. :(



Nicole, I'd like to have some Finnish recipes too, please. :)

Good luck, Amol! :)
Image

LadyR

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by LadyR » 04 May 2010, 12:44

Wolfie wrote:
LadyR wrote:What I like most about this commercial, is the well-made comparison between the adult and the young Kimi! :$ ->

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1328/erto.jpg

Off-Topic: show
All in all, yesterday seemed to be a Finnish "movie" day, cuz in late-night TV programme have been the German version of a Finnish/Swedish drama called "Äideistä parhain" or "Den bästa av mödrar"...

Here is a short extract from the plot:
1943: Nine-year-old Eero whose father is killed during the war is brought to Sweden to foster parents to his protection like thousands of other Finnish children. Eero feels lost, particularly as his foster mother Signe behaves very unfriendly. She was expecting a little girl and still mourns for her daughter who drowned in the sea. The situation changes when Eero's mother tells with a letter that she wants to go with her lover to Germany and Eero should remain with his foster mother. Thus Eero becomes Signe's son. Now she cares lovingly for him. Eero makes friends with the little girl Siv and enjoys childhood for a while. However, after the end of the war the boy has to go back to Finland against his will where his mother waits for him. Never again he will be able to trust her, since she has disappointed him too often. 60 years later, invited to Signe's burial, he will understand while reading all letters that both women only wanted the best for him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343221/

A very sad and touching movie, but definitely worth to watch


Off-Topic: show
That is one sad movie, LadyR. A co-worker once told me that she can't trust anybody in life since when she was little her father took her to a train and put this name-tag around her neck and said that he will go and make one phone call but will be back before the train leaves.

The train left, she was sitting there alone and hysterical because her father didn't make it to the train. It took some time for her (years) to figure out that he didn't even intend to come to the train, he just didn't have the courage to tell her that he is sending her to Sweden.

But then again, there has been so many wonderful stories over how the Finnish children were welcomed. It was all arranged by Swedish mothers and they didn't get any payment for offering a safe place to the children who were in danger during the bomb attacks in Finland and had nothing to eat here.

There were many children who never even wanted to come back to Finland and they lost the connection with their parents since they got so much love from the foster-parents - and they got to eat all the things they had only heard and dreamed of - like sugar and fruits.

Kudos to the Swedes for making a noise about it and insisting on taking care of the children in Finland :hug:

My father still visits his foster-parents in Sweden and they were really nice people, really nice.


Off-Topic: show
That must have been really awful. All in all, the movie shows again, that war didn't only mean that cities and houses got destroyed, but that relationship between parents and children got destroyed....in most of the cases forever destroyed. :(

According to the movie itself, I have to say, that it's just brilliant and high classy. Especially Topi Majaniemi ( Eero) and Maria Lundqvist (Signe) as main characters convinced perfectly the audience.

User avatar
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1693
Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Acropolis » 04 May 2010, 12:50

Moominpappa wrote:My grandmother was six years old when went to sweden. Parents was nice but some kids not. It was not easy to be in Sweden alone, speaking another language etc.
We are so lucky to live without war.

It is strange when you find out that other peoples that you think had an easy life have suffered so much and there are so many human stories....We suffered as well tormented by wars, even civil ones..Let's hope that we and future generations can live better times....in peace!!

LadyR

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by LadyR » 04 May 2010, 12:58

Kinga wrote:

Nicole, I'd like to have some Finnish recipes too, please. :)



Finnish recipes? Cool! :cool:
I just have a cookbook about the Nordic cuisine, so Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and only some Finnish recipes, so it's not so much....so some new recipes would be cool, please! :pray:

User avatar
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Location: finland

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by apple » 04 May 2010, 13:23

Hi all and Nicole, member of the month :shhh: I would nominate you member of the year :O
I have a few recipies too, will send them once I have time to do it. Here seems to be a little rush hour concerning this laptop.. :blink:

User avatar
Kiki
car driver
car driver
Posts: 18
Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 10:18

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kiki » 04 May 2010, 14:01

amoljoshi wrote:Oh it`s little frustrating. :fear: But I had to make a post here about it.

I have been called to join my place in my company on 27th May. And I just noted that Vodafone Rally de Portugal
28 - 30/5/10.
So I don`t think I`ll be able to be here for Kimi`s next rally. :(

I will be shifting to a new city, so I don`t think I`ll be able to be online either.
Now I`m feeling gutted that Kimi is not participating in NZ.

However I`m happy that I`ll be joining the Industry. And yeah, I dream to join the team of Kimi though I`m not an Motor-Mechanical Engineer. But I still dream about it from IT aspects.

My company has connections to F1 team. But Kimi`s not driving for that one. ::oops:; :!:

I won`t disclose the name of the company here till I join it, because I feel I still have some options left with me. &doh

P.S. Hopefully I`ll have my mobile internet connection working with which I can see live stuff here and on WRC.

Keep Flying Kimi. :D


Amol hope your move goes well and good luck in your new job!! :hug:
Image

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 593
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 07:11
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Contact:

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by amoljoshi » 04 May 2010, 14:08

Kiki wrote:
amoljoshi wrote:Oh it`s little frustrating. :fear: But I had to make a post here about it.

I have been called to join my place in my company on 27th May. And I just noted that Vodafone Rally de Portugal
28 - 30/5/10.
So I don`t think I`ll be able to be here for Kimi`s next rally. :(

I will be shifting to a new city, so I don`t think I`ll be able to be online either.
Now I`m feeling gutted that Kimi is not participating in NZ.

However I`m happy that I`ll be joining the Industry. And yeah, I dream to join the team of Kimi though I`m not an Motor-Mechanical Engineer. But I still dream about it from IT aspects.

My company has connections to F1 team. But Kimi`s not driving for that one. ::oops:; :!:

I won`t disclose the name of the company here till I join it, because I feel I still have some options left with me. &doh

P.S. Hopefully I`ll have my mobile internet connection working with which I can see live stuff here and on WRC.

Keep Flying Kimi. :D


Amol hope your move goes well and good luck in your new job!! :hug:


Oh yeah, thanks friend kiki. :::

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by luieluv » 04 May 2010, 14:44

i can see saif, another die hard kimi fan seems to be around.. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Post Reply