The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Kriss » 29 Mar 2011, 16:02

Mar wrote:
How is his marriage going? Does anybody knows?
there are rumours that not to well :confused:

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 29 Mar 2011, 16:02

Here is my 2 cents of the ordeal, what I think. The WRC season has very few rallies in it. 13 this year where Kimi competes in 10 of them. That leaves a whole heap of time in between to do things - like for instance NASCAR. And to put it bluntly, thats where the money is these days. Its a money making machine - even in these recession times. So if Kimi wants to combine money making with racing fun to fund his rally team so he can go to ALL 13 rallies in the future, that would be the way to do it. Besides, you can count on him getting a deal where he has nothing to lose while he gives it a go. He is not gonna do all the races anyway. They race pretty much every frickin weekend anyway. Also - its live and in HD :thumbsup:

But he is going to get a personality change if he is to do what the NASCAR drivers do for their sponsors. Every other interview they give they are pretty much obliged to mention a couple of their sponsors in between sentences. Either that or he does his own thing as usual and somehow gets away with it :)
I guess my last 2 years of watching NASCAR and getting into the series, rules and drivers are finally paying off :shhh:
If this isnt some kind of sick joke. I say bring it on. I wanna see Kimi raise a lot of US eyebrows on the "normal" tracks. Flag:##
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Mar 2011, 16:03

mimozka wrote:
How is his marriage going? Does anybody knows?
I think his marriage is ok. I even heard that Jenni might be pregnant.But I think it's just rumors[/quote]

this Nascar thingy is a denial of that :huh:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Mar 2011, 16:08

I thought we were the ones who came up with the BBB rumors (jokingly, of course)? :huh:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Mar 2011, 16:09

Nascar :blink: :blink:

Well at least we'll be able to see it Live.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 29 Mar 2011, 16:14

Soren wrote:Here is my 2 cents of the ordeal, what I think. The WRC season has very few rallies in it. 13 this year where Kimi competes in 10 of them. That leaves a whole heap of time in between to do things - like for instance NASCAR. And to put it bluntly, thats where the money is these days. Its a money making machine - even in these recession times. So if Kimi wants to combine money making with racing fun to fund his rally team so he can go to ALL 13 rallies in the future, that would be the way to do it. Besides, you can count on him getting a deal where he has nothing to lose while he gives it a go. He is not gonna do all the races anyway. They race pretty much every frickin weekend anyway. Also - its live and in HD :thumbsup:

But he is going to get a personality change if he is to do what the NASCAR drivers do for their sponsors. Every other interview they give they are pretty much obliged to mention a couple of their sponsors in between sentences. Either that or he does his own thing as usual and somehow gets away with it :)
I guess my last 2 years of watching NASCAR and getting into the series, rules and drivers are finally paying off :shhh:
If this isnt some kind of sick joke. I say bring it on. I wanna see Kimi raise a lot of US eyebrows on the "normal" tracks. Flag:##
+1 you wrote the thing I was planning to write but much better... come on guys he is use to 20 something races in a year with lott of pr above that and until now he has only 10 rallies scheduled... he has a full 9 week brake coming upp when the other goes to sardinia and argentina...
Last edited by Julia on 29 Mar 2011, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 29 Mar 2011, 16:14

OH NO WTF!!!!

This just after a solid finish in Portugal.

I hate Stock cars.....I Hate Ovals.....

Why not shock return to Lotus Renault team to replace Nick......I think Kimi can still win the title if he joins before Malaysia.

This is just..................cannot express in words what i am feeling. :confused: :roll::

mimozka
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mimozka » 29 Mar 2011, 16:17

SilentKiller wrote:OH NO WTF!!!!

This just after a solid finish in Portugal.

I hate Stock cars.....I Hate Ovals.....

Why not shock return to Lotus Renault team to replace Nick......I think Kimi can still win the title if he joins before Malaysia.

This is just..................cannot express in words what i am feeling. :confused: :roll::
I understand you completely... it's shocking news...it's stupid... i still can't imagine Kimi driving in ovals ... :(

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Mar 2011, 16:22

More about Gillett (thanks to OfficeLinebacker): :fear:
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-r ... e-gillett/

Oh man! somebody hit Kimi on that hard head of his and make him come back to his senses!

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 29 Mar 2011, 16:23

Julia wrote:
Soren wrote:Here is my 2 cents of the ordeal, what I think. The WRC season has very few rallies in it. 13 this year where Kimi competes in 10 of them. That leaves a whole heap of time in between to do things - like for instance NASCAR. And to put it bluntly, thats where the money is these days. Its a money making machine - even in these recession times. So if Kimi wants to combine money making with racing fun to fund his rally team so he can go to ALL 13 rallies in the future, that would be the way to do it. Besides, you can count on him getting a deal where he has nothing to lose while he gives it a go. He is not gonna do all the races anyway. They race pretty much every frickin weekend anyway. Also - its live and in HD :thumbsup:

+1 you wrote the thing I was planning to write but much better... come on guys he is use to 20 something races in a year with lott of pr above that and until now he has only 10 rallies scheduled... he has a full 9 week brake coming upp when the other goes to sardinia and argentina...
+1

As SpaMaster said :
I don't mind as long as he does not compromise his rally efforts one bit. This can only be like snowmobiling and motocrossing. Rally has got to remain the main focus.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 29 Mar 2011, 16:48

I really hope that Kimi's main focus is WRC during next years. Of course kids are welcome and best part of life.
I miss a babysitter

mimozka
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mimozka » 29 Mar 2011, 17:03

I think he is going crazy :D he is full of ideas.. maybe near in the future we might read that he would have signed a contract with hockey team -this is also one of his hobbies :D

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 29 Mar 2011, 17:03

I have just heard about Kimi to Nascar??? Honestly i just dont understand why he would do that. My view is that Nascar does nothing for itself to lure International intrest. I dont mind oval racing but if you go oval racing do it in a Indy car!

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 Mar 2011, 17:07

Was shocked when I read this! I have nothing against NASCAR at all it´s just that I want him to continue to drive rally. So here I hope that he does both (which would be a win for us as well). Well hope that soon he tells us more about it!
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Mar 2011, 17:35

Shouldn't we make a new thread about "Kimi in Nascar" ?