The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Kriss » 15 Jun 2011, 15:46

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Kimi will take part at a road show with their rally cars in Helsinki! The event will take place 1 weeks prior to the Finland rally Flag:## :shhh:

:thumbsup: good news
I hope we can see it somehow

f1heronomus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1heronomus » 15 Jun 2011, 17:59

Kriss wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Kimi will take part at a road show with their rally cars in Helsinki! The event will take place 1 weeks prior to the Finland rally Flag:## :shhh:

Here is news about it (The news paper Metro reported earlier that Räikkönen would be driving an F1 car, however this is not the case): http://racingnewsflash.com/content/r%C3 ... ki-finland

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Jun 2011, 18:41

f1heronomus wrote:
Kriss wrote:

Here is news about it (The news paper Metro reported earlier that Räikkönen would be driving an F1 car, however this is not the case): http://racingnewsflash.com/content/r%C3 ... ki-finland
as long as he drives something, I'm OK :thumbsup:

Auni
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Auni » 16 Jun 2011, 07:39

Kriss wrote:as long as he drives something, I'm OK :thumbsup:
yes, yes...as you say :thumbsup:

f1heronomus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1heronomus » 16 Jun 2011, 12:56

Kimi is excited about show drive: Cool! :) http://racingnewsflash.com/content/kimi ... drive-cool

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 16 Jun 2011, 14:26

f1heronomus wrote:Kimi is excited about show drive: Cool! :) http://racingnewsflash.com/content/kimi ... drive-cool
We're excited too :D

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 17 Jun 2011, 10:47

sleenster wrote:
f1heronomus wrote:Kimi is excited about show drive: Cool! :) http://racingnewsflash.com/content/kimi ... drive-cool
We're excited too :D
+1
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 17 Jun 2011, 19:58

Special interview with Kimi Räikkönen

Friday, 17 June, 2011

Kimi Räikkönen returned to the wheel of WRC car at Greece, when the rally started at Friday. Earlier, Kimi had time to give interview for RacingNewsFlash.com.

Kimi admits that visit at Nascar-series refreshed because after long time the F1 world champion was able to fight against others on the track. Räikkönen didn't know yet how his career at Nascar will continue. Next race after rally Greece will be rally Finland at the end of July.

Visiting at Nascar-series is now behind. How did it feel to be back in to the rally car?

- Pretty normal. We already had some test at France. Nothing special. There didn't happen anything special on the test. I was only doing some driving and getting used to drive rally again. We did only a bit of set-up there but nothing special as I said. Normal test.

What are you expecting about the rally of this weekend, Greece?

- This is again a one new rally for me. We just try to drive the stages well and as fast as we can. It will not be as easy than in earlier rallies, because I don't know anything about the stages.

How are things after Greece, will you go back to Nascar?

- I am not sure yet. Maybe I will do something yet but I haven't made any decisions yet. Finnish rally will be the next event for me.

How did Nascar feel?

- It was very different. I was not expecting for anything special because I didn't know what kind of it will be. It was nice to race with people on track after couple years. It was funny and very different than rally. There was very easy-going and it was everything about a show. So, it was funny and very good experience.

Is Nascar something wich you would like to do more?

- Most amazing on it was that you can fight against other drivers. There are so many cars on the track. On WRC, you drive against the clock, so it was nice to drive and fight against others on track. It was cool and the system is very different compared to rally. Let's see.

Now there are two races behind Nascarm at Camping World Truck and Nationwide. Will you also try the highest stage, Sprint Car Cup?

- I don't know, let's see what will happen there. It's about many things. But it would be nice to try Sprint Car Cup too.

In Helsinki there will be rally show by Citroen. What do you think, there will be lots of people out of there for sure?

- There was a similar show at Portugal last year. For the crew specially it was fun. I don't know what kind of road there will be at Helsinki.But for sure it will be great. I heard about this only some time ago. I don't know yet how long will it be.
http://racingnewsflash.com/content/spec ... k%C3%B6nen
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 17 Jun 2011, 20:00

seems kimi may still try Nascar. Refreshing eh.. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 17 Jun 2011, 20:39

Many thanks lui! :cool:

f1heronomus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1heronomus » 18 Jun 2011, 11:37

Despite a troubled start to the Acropolis Rally, which included a handling problem and a puncture, former Grand Prix World Champion Kimi Raikkonen is convinced that he is making solid progress in the sport – and his immediate future is committed to the World Rally Championship. As well as driving in the World Rally Championship, Raikkonen is trying out selected NASCAR outings this year. But the Finn insists that the World Rally Championship remains his priority, and he is looking forward to the full programme that he is set to tackle between now and the end of the year. “I still enjoy rally a lot; this is what I am focussing on,” he said. “Of course it’s not so easy when you have difficult days but you have to expect this sometimes. If it was easy, it would not be the same challenge.” Raikkonen is currently 10th on the Acropolis Rally: less than 10 seconds behind Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala, who encountered a front differential problem on the final stage of the day. Thanks to the rotation rules, Acropolis is one of the many events that Raikkonen has not yet tackled. Next the 2007 F1 Champion will compete on his native Rally Finland, following the WRC’s summer break. “Finland should be good for us,” he said. “It will be nice for us to get back to a rally we know a bit. http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/raik ... ts_to_wrc/

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 19 Jun 2011, 19:32

Courtesy of Nicole

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/231090.html

Manager Robertson enjoys fully the F1-entertainment

Turun Sanomat 15.6 2011 20:52:33

Kimi Räikkönen's ex-manager Steve Robertson was a familiar sight in F1-races for decades. He worked together with his father David Robertson, first with Jenson Button and later on as Kimi Räikkönen's manager.

Although we haven't seen the Robertsons on the F1-paddock anymore, the current Grand Prix -entertainment carries the men away genuinely.

– F1 is once again a completely fantastic formula. Some puritans think that they have made it more artificial racing with the DRS-system but the truth is that these days each race is the best entertainment. Even Monaco offered the most entertaining race ever, Steve Robertson praises.

– Whoever came up with this rear wing -system earns the most genuine praises. Of course part of the honor goes to the tyre-department too. The F1-car has maintained it's undisputable speed and at the same time it is even more competitive. A full 10 points to those who made the decisions!

Robertson assured that Button's performance was blazing but he reminded that McLaren's British star is at his best in difficult conditions like these.

– When you think about Jenson's best races, almost every victory has been won during wet circumstances. Jenson is one of the best race drivers on a slippery track. He has his own genuine driving style and we saw the most visible example of how good he is on a wet and semi-wet track in Canada.

– Sebastian Vettel would have won this race too if it weren't for the safety cars. It's easy to say afterwards that he should have squeezed more right after the SC-situation was over. Once Jenson got close it was already too late.

– I'm sure frustration took the better over Hamilton's patience and he tried to overtake immediately when he got the slightest chance. Lewis is a fiery driver so when he badly needed a good result these things just happen, Robertson understood.

– It was clearly Michael's best racing performance after his comeback. He was able to use all his experience to his advantage on that track he has won so often on, and also his knowledge of those circumstances. Michael would have deserved a podium without a doubt but unfortunately Merc's car wasn't good enough.

How would the current wing-system and tyres have suited Kimi Räikkönen?

– Kimi was one of the most genuine overtakers already before this wing- and tyre-development. All Kimi needed was half of a chance to overtake and he was immediately ahead. That is Kimi's greatest strenght - his ability to visualize when overtaking. Kimi wasn't much stuck behind someone if he could challenge even a little.

– On top of that Kimi is one of the most cleanest overtakers. He handled very clinically nine overtakes out of ten.

– This rear wing would have suited Kimi brilliantly without a doubt. When overtaking is made easier this way, he would really be in his own element on the track, Robertson assured.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 Jun 2011, 19:35

Thx Ludy :hug:

ex-manager :huh:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 19 Jun 2011, 19:41

Kriss wrote:Thx Ludy :hug:

ex-manager :huh:
You're welcome Kriss!!! :O I am worried too :blink: I would really like to know what happened!!! :huh:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 19 Jun 2011, 19:49

Maybe we should check first that this is not an "ex-" like the one about the "ex-wife" in the Austrian press :confused: