The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by SpaMaster » 09 Feb 2011, 22:27

Posted by Mc_Silver in Autosport forum
Martin Whitmarsh is fan of Kimi :) (from 41 minutes)

http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/201 ... whitmarsh/
Whitmarsh says he is a huge fan of Kimi, and that apart from being very quick, Kimi is a also very good in giving technical inputs.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 10 Feb 2011, 10:01

SpaMaster wrote:Whitmarsh says he is a huge fan of Kimi, and that apart from being very quick, Kimi is a also very good in giving technical inputs.
:thumbsup:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 15 Feb 2011, 13:51

Citroen: No Le Mans for Raikkonen

By David Evans Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 13:12 GMT

PSA motorsport director Olivier Quesnel has scotched rumours that Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastien Loeb would be contesting this year's Le Mans 24 Hours race.

There had been potential for both drivers to compete in a Red Bull-backed Peugeot at the French circuit this summer as the endurance race doesn't clash with any rounds of the World Rally Championship and both men have stated that they would be interested in the future.

Speculation was rife at last week's Rally Sweden that the pair would race in a 908 for the first time at Le Mans. Loeb came close to starting the race with Peugeot last season, before deciding to focus his attentions on a seventh world rally title.

Quesnel said: "How could this be? We already held a press conference to announce the drivers for our cars at the race.

"No, they will not race at Le Mans this year, Sebastien already said this at our season launch last month."

Loeb has twice competed at Le Mans, finishing second in a Pescarolo in 2006.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89495?

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Feb 2011, 14:08

thx momo :hug:

F1note
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1note » 15 Feb 2011, 15:11

Hot or Not: Kimi Raikkonen back on form
UP THIS WEEK

Kimi Raikkonen (152)
The 2007 F1 champion grew up driving on snow-covered roads in Finland, so Rally Sweden was always going to provide a good platform on which to steal a good result. After crashing on the pre-even shakedown, he performed gallantly too, finishing eighth in his Ice 1 Racing Citroen and gaining 29 places.
http://www.rallysportlive.com/2011/02/h ... k-on-form/

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Feb 2011, 15:18

just a funny thing i just noticed but have you noticed that citroen has adverts on mtv3.fi rallysite? I got curious what one of them said and if i google translated it right it says that citroens sales number have in 2010 gone up 56,9% compared to the year 2009. Moomin you have been very good pursuing your finnish friends to buy a citroen last year ?? :lol:

( in finnisch; citroen-myynti +56,9% , citroenin myynnin kasvu 2010 vs. 2009) http://www.mtv3.fi/ralli/

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Feb 2011, 15:18

F1note wrote:
Hot or Not: Kimi Raikkonen back on form
UP THIS WEEK

Kimi Raikkonen (152)
The 2007 F1 champion grew up driving on snow-covered roads in Finland, so Rally Sweden was always going to provide a good platform on which to steal a good result. After crashing on the pre-even shakedown, he performed gallantly too, finishing eighth in his Ice 1 Racing Citroen and gaining 29 places.
http://www.rallysportlive.com/2011/02/h ... k-on-form/

thanks!

F1note
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1note » 15 Feb 2011, 15:47

Kimi Raikkonen, driving a Citroen DS3 WRC, in action during the 2011 Rally Sweden.
The former F1 world champion put in an impressive performance, particularly on the second day, at Rally Sweden this year to finish eighth overall and collect some valuable manufacturers' points for his ICE 1 Racing team.
Kimi's co-driver Kaj Lindstrom said: "We have done almost a full season since last time we were here, so, of course there has been a lot of progress - it's good. We only had one day of testing, but we're getting there."
Benoit Nogier, the man responsible for managing Raikkonen's ICE 1 Racing team, commented: “It’s the second time for Kimi here in Sweden and we have already seen yesterday it was much easier for a second time. I think it’s also easier for him in the Citroen DS3 WRC.”
Kimi Raikkonen's next WRC event will be the Vodafone Rally de Portugal, which takes place 24 - 27 March.
http://www.rallybuzz.com/kimi-raikkonen ... -rally-cl/

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Feb 2011, 17:51

Julia wrote:just a funny thing i just noticed but have you noticed that citroen has adverts on mtv3.fi rallysite? I got curious what one of them said and if i google translated it right it says that citroens sales number have in 2010 gone up 56,9% compared to the year 2009. Moomin you have been very good pursuing your finnish friends to buy a citroen last year ?? :lol:

( in finnisch; citroen-myynti +56,9% , citroenin myynnin kasvu 2010 vs. 2009) http://www.mtv3.fi/ralli/
I bought couple but they all was used cars :blush:
I miss a babysitter

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 17 Feb 2011, 05:41

From Autosport:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 17 Feb 2011, 08:14

sleenster wrote:From Autosport:
He just said two sentences, and it is cover story on Auotsport.. And they have added their own story of how Renault discounted Kimi. Brilliant!
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 17 Feb 2011, 11:39

Kimi on the Cover of Latest Autosport

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 17 Feb 2011, 11:58

Doesnt it make you sick. This is why I am pleased Kimi is away from formula one and its journalists that are so desparate for a story they will take a couple of words from someone and make a huge story using their imagination.........priceless!
They cant sell thier bl*^dy papers unless they have something about Kimi in them!

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 17 Feb 2011, 12:08

Moominpappa wrote:
Julia wrote:just a funny thing i just noticed but have you noticed that citroen has adverts on mtv3.fi rallysite? I got curious what one of them said and if i google translated it right it says that citroens sales number have in 2010 gone up 56,9% compared to the year 2009. Moomin you have been very good pursuing your finnish friends to buy a citroen last year ?? :lol:

I bought couple but they all was used cars :blush:
Hey there is nothing wrong with buying used cars Moomonpappa. Its the wise choice we all know how much a new car depreciates. My CRX was an ex demo car for Honda she was then bought by a Miller when she had done 6000 miles. I saw her oon the forcourt of a Honda dealership up for sale before she was even valeted she had flour dust over her. I fell in love with that car. Went home told my dad I didnt even know the name of the garage or exactly where it was (as was out for a drive with a boyfriend) we traced the Garage and dad took me their to test drive the car. I had to part exchange my devil car (a peugoet 205) which had a dodgy clutch and a bit of rust that I put my hand over when the guy was appraising it :zz: I have had my CRX ever since and still love it as much as the day I bought it. Because they are now so rare it is increasing in value now. She sleeps in the garage and just comes out on nice summer days to turn heads :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 Feb 2011, 12:19

Linda-Anne wrote:Doesnt it make you sick. This is why I am pleased Kimi is away from formula one and its journalists that are so desparate for a story they will take a couple of words from someone and make a huge story using their imagination.........priceless!
They cant sell thier bl*^dy papers unless they have something about Kimi in them!
+1 :thumbsup: