The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Acropolis » 30 May 2010, 08:46

dindi wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:Actually Vettel was on pace today, and was comfortably beating Webber by 0.1 s until Q3. In Q3, his anti-roll bar in the rear of the car broke, and that was it. Horner said he lost about 0.7s, and that means he would have been comfortably on pole. The earlier two races, Vettel not only had defective chassis, he also mentioned that his team found a couple of things in the car that could have made it go faster. This may be what apple was referring to from TS that Webber's team did not share some info they found on set-up for the car. Overall, Red Bull would know that Webber is not suddenly driving so fast that he is destroying Vettel. Good thing for them is when Vettel has hit trouble, Webber has been there to collect the points and wins for the team. He did not manage to do that earlier in the year, and many times last year.
Spot on, Dheeb.

Yeah, Brenda! Go, Webbo! Go!!!
From me too: Go Ferrari, go Webbo........

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 May 2010, 08:50

apple wrote:This begins to resemble last year more and more. Now they are complaining at the other sites Alonso doesnt get enough support from Domenicali. Monte is the only one who speaks behalf of Alonso...? Ferrari is your family as long as you deliver..otherwise you are on your own.
What :S

Alonso gets loads of support from both Domi and LdM, not to talk about the worshipping Spanish press :roll::

The Italian media has been going soft on him if we compare what they wrote about Kimi, everything was his fault, everything.

Like someone said: Alonso painted himself in the corner where he is so he can't complain. He must have known that they had huge expectations for him and that so far he hasn't been that impressive. Put Schumi in his place and he would have done a better job.

Everybody has been talking about Massa being under pressure but I'd say it's the other way around and this will either break Alonso or make him stronger. He has to stop believing into all the praises he hears from the Spanish media as well as to all the critisism he gets from the Italian media and just concentrate on doing his job.

People are praising him because of his championship years in Renault but is he the same as then?

It's so difficult not to compare it to the bashing Kimi got, about him being good in McLaren but after that.... a mediocre driver etc etc.

I think Alonso requires too much of himself and makes these mistakes because of that and I blame the worship around him for that. Maybe.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 30 May 2010, 09:08

Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:This begins to resemble last year more and more. Now they are complaining at the other sites Alonso doesnt get enough support from Domenicali. Monte is the only one who speaks behalf of Alonso...? Ferrari is your family as long as you deliver..otherwise you are on your own.

Alonso gets loads of support from both Domi and LdM, not to talk about the worshipping Spanish press :roll::

The Italian media has been going soft on him if we compare what they wrote about Kimi, everything was his fault, everything.

Like someone said: Alonso painted himself in the corner where he is so he can't complain. He must have known that they had huge expectations for him and that so far he hasn't been that impressive. Put Schumi in his place and he would have done a better job.

Everybody has been talking about Massa being under pressure but I'd say it's the other way around and this will either break Alonso or make him stronger. He has to stop believing into all the praises he hears from the Spanish media as well as to all the critisism he gets from the Italian media and just concentrate on doing his job.

People are praising him because of his championship years in Renault but is he the same as then?

It's so difficult not to compare it to the bashing Kimi got, about him being good in McLaren but after that.... a mediocre driver etc etc.

I think Alonso requires too much of himself and makes these mistakes because of that and I blame the worship around him for that. Maybe.
I think this race will be crucial to Alonso regarding Italian press. The pressure is rising from the press and I think you are right , the praising has been so enormous he must have believed it himself. Now he is in the real test. Another thing is the Ferraris approach to F1. First the team, then the driver. Alonso is now trying to drive for the glory of team and himself. Compare Red Bull..they dont talk about the team, they talk about their drivers and their competition and they back up, so it seems, both of them. Ferrari is always reminding: you drive for the team, for the Italy and Ferrari. Awful lot of driving there for.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 May 2010, 09:18

apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I think this race will be crucial to Alonso regarding Italian press. The pressure is rising from the press and I think you are right , the praising has been so enormous he must have believed it himself. Now he is in the real test. Another thing is the Ferraris approach to F1. First the team, then the driver. Alonso is now trying to drive for the glory of team and himself. Compare Red Bull..they dont talk about the team, they talk about their drivers and their competition and they back up, so it seems, both of them. Ferrari is always reminding: you drive for the team, for the Italy and Ferrari. Awful lot of driving there for.
Awful lot of driving, you're right Apple :thumbsup:

That's why he should concentrate on Ferrari instead of himself. The rest comes naturally if it's to come.

But the Spanish press, I can just imagine them walking on the paddock as an entity in high ecstacy :lol:

Sorry, that's just the impression I've got from reading other reporters tell about it and also from reading what they write in the papers. The amount of bashing other drivers together with the praise of Alonso sort of creates a balance, right? Because they always bash other drivers, from what I've read :(
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 30 May 2010, 09:26

hey,

friendly reminder here... if you guys are not jinxes, you shouldn't be cheering for those guys I'm cheering for :cool: Please dun make me work harder than I already have to :lol:

I def expect Webster for the win Flag:## and Fonzi to end better than Massa today :pray: :pray: :pray:
The JINX

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 May 2010, 09:35

Off-Topic: show
Concerning the Italian press :zz:

Corriere dello Sport’s headline had rued “Alonso, the disaster”,
http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/05/30/under ... he-strain/

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 30 May 2010, 09:36

Okay! Sorry, Brenda :p
Oh, hunny... I could use some dimsum and chili right now. You're so lucky you're in Hong Kong.
Wow, Kriss...
the Italian media are laying it on Fairnando.

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 31 May 2010, 13:40

Any news about DNA Mokkula commercial?

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 31 May 2010, 14:48

hmm, the second article talks about the possibility KIMI- RBR. But they just speculate imo.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 31 May 2010, 17:03

Kimi's co-driver: Ville Peltonen* wouldn't do well in figure skating either
Kimi Räikkönen and his co-driver Kaj Lindström knew that Rally Portugal would be a difficult race. That's what it also became since Räikkönen, who finished tenth, ended up losing over 11 and a half minutes to his team mate Sebastien Ogier who won the race.

-We knew that there are two difficult rallies on the first half of the season, Jordan and this one. We got a point but there were chances for better if it wasn't for the tyre puncture on Sunday. Even before the rally the only plan was to just finish the race and gather experience. In that sense it went as expected. We didn't have any bigger goals for this race anyway, says Lindström.

In Rally Turkey in mid April Räikkönen finished promisingly at fifth place. Lindström points out that Räikkönen benefitted from the fact that the race set in Istanbul was a new experience for all the teams and drivers. Portugal's special stages are demanding for an unexperienced driver anyway.

-There's slippery, slow and technical roads here and a lot is happening all the time. Listening to the pace notes and other things are emphasized even more in a race like this. More experience is needed, said Lindström.

At which point can we start expecting better results from Kimi?

-We have to remember how many rallies he's driven in his life. It's a bit like asking why Ville Peltonen doesn't win the world championship of figure skating during the first year. Kimi has very limited experience of rallying. Proper results cannot be expected this year. Kimi should be given the peace to get used to rally and if he decides to continue after this year, then we can start expecting those good positions, thinks Lindström.

Lindströn wasn't able to say whether the rally experiment is a several year project for the 2007 F1 world champion.

-It hasn't been discussed yet. At some point of the year he'll make a decision about continuing. Now we're only at the end of May and we're concentrating on driving rally, Lindström says.

Time to strike in Bulgaria?

The next WRC rally will be driven 9th -11th of July on Bulgarian asphalt roads. The race, which is in the WRC program for the first time, may be one of the best places for Räikkönen to show his speed.

-Bulgaria is again a new race for everybody and we go to an asphalt surface. One of the variables is then more familiar since Kimi has driven on asphalt all his live. There finding braking points and other things will be easier. It will be interesting to see how driving on asphalt will start going, Lindström says.

On the second weekend of June Räikkönen will try out asphalt roads in Lanterna Rally driven near Genova in Italy.

-It's just a practice race. The race is first and then we'll have our first asphalt test. We're just going there to see how a car like this feels on asphalt. We'll probably get ideas there about what to test and develop in the following week's asphalt test, Lindström tells.

MTV3 – Lauri Ouvinen
*Ville Peltonen is a Finnish ice hockey player. Kaj's point is that if he suddenly started figure skating, we couldn't expect him to win anything during the first year.

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 31 May 2010, 17:32

Found this story from 2003.
My hats

The only articles of clothing I've ever cherished are two hats. One is the rather goofy sun hat I'm wearing in the photo, which I treasure because Ferrari gave it to me last year when I joined the company on a cross-country drive through India in a 612 Scaglietti.
The other is a cap that Kimi Raikkonen gave me for my birthday at Sepang in 2003. I was there to interview him and instead found him extending the cap at me with his autograph and the words ‘Happy Birthday Ju Len' written on it.

The very next day he won his first-ever Grand Prix. Kimi should really pay me to hang around him, since I obviously bring him luck.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 31 May 2010, 17:37

thanks Dracaena :hug:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 31 May 2010, 17:39

Lynx'niK wrote:Found this story from 2003.
My hats

The only articles of clothing I've ever cherished are two hats. One is the rather goofy sun hat I'm wearing in the photo, which I treasure because Ferrari gave it to me last year when I joined the company on a cross-country drive through India in a 612 Scaglietti.
The other is a cap that Kimi Raikkonen gave me for my birthday at Sepang in 2003. I was there to interview him and instead found him extending the cap at me with his autograph and the words ‘Happy Birthday Ju Len' written on it.

The very next day he won his first-ever Grand Prix. Kimi should really pay me to hang around him, since I obviously bring him luck.

Cool :)

Thanks Dracaena...you´ve got to love Kaj :hug:

Btw could someone of you finns please tell me what kimi and kaj said when they had their off? :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 31 May 2010, 17:45

oops sorry wrong thread
Last edited by Kriss on 31 May 2010, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.