The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by SpaMaster » 29 May 2010, 02:38

Other drivers have previous experience of the Rally Portugal stages whereas Rally Turkey was new for everyone. So Kimi would lag behind others a bit more compared to Rally Turkey. We may have to wait for better times during the second runs today and tomorrow. I think we will see faster times compared to others in the next rally, Rally Bulgaria, which is new for everyone again. The next rally is Rally Finland. So he should be better overall in the next two rallies. But in this rally, I think he would pick his spots to be fast.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 29 May 2010, 06:21

SpaMaster wrote:Other drivers have previous experience of the Rally Portugal stages whereas Rally Turkey was new for everyone. So Kimi would lag behind others a bit more compared to Rally Turkey. We may have to wait for better times during the second runs today and tomorrow. I think we will see faster times compared to others in the next rally, Rally Bulgaria, which is new for everyone again. The next rally is Rally Finland. So he should be better overall in the next two rallies. But in this rally, I think he would pick his spots to be fast.
You are so right :thumbsup:
I miss a babysitter

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 29 May 2010, 06:33

I already regret posting this, but it's Kimi related... (and I'm the one who didn't want to discuss the unnamed here :roll::)

Alonso's willingness to try makes up for mistakes
There has been discussion in Italy about how badly Kimi Räikkönen would've been attacked by the press had he made the same mistakes as Fernando Alonso has made in his place at Ferrari.

But not everybodyagrees on this.

-Kimi is not the media personality that Fernando is, but I still don't think that he woul've gotten any more criticism if those mistakes had happened during his first season, says Marco Evangelisti, an experienced F1 reporter of Corriere dello Sport-magazine.

-But if those kinds of big mistakes were to happen in the beginning of the second season, it would be a different matter. Now Alonso has driven Ferrari for only three months. If he's still making the same kind of mistakes next year, then the criticism will surely be harder.

Evangelisti did a special interview with Alonso in Istanbul Park and it will be published on Saturday. The reporter asked the Spanish star whether the mistakes have been caused by trying too hard to get a good result.

-I've made two visible mistakes – at the start in China and in the practise in Monaco – but that's because I try my all because I want to win this championship. Because Red Bull is at the moment stronger than our car, we as a team – me and my engineer – have to take 110% out of our resources. Then mistakes are unavoidable.

-I believe thta Ferrari is still the championship favorite but if we lose at least no-one can say that Fernando Alonso didn't do his all to win it.

Ferrari suddenly changed their mind

Alonso also reveals some details of his move to Ferrari.

-When I left McLarn at the end on the 2007 season, I made it known that I'd be available. But Ferrari had just won both the championships. They didn't need me then as they implied that they had two strong drivers.

-Then the situation changed and last year everything happened fast when Stefano Domenicali first contacted me, a contact happened, a contract happened and then it was made public.

Alonso has nothing bad to say about Räikkönen.

-Kimi is very different to what he is commonly thought to be like. He is a very skillful and talented driver and also a funny guy if we talk about something other than F1, Alonso tells to Corriere dello Sport.

Turun Sanomat, Istanbul

HEIKKI KULTA
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/134791.html

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 29 May 2010, 07:41

Dracaena wrote:I already regret posting this, but it's Kimi related... (and I'm the one who didn't want to discuss the unnamed here :roll::)

Alonso's willingness to try makes up for mistakes
There has been discussion in Italy about how badly Kimi Räikkönen would've been attacked by the press had he made the same mistakes as Fernando Alonso has made in his place at Ferrari.

But not everybodyagrees on this.

-Kimi is not the media personality that Fernando is, but I still don't think that he woul've gotten any more criticism if those mistakes had happened during his first season, says Marco Evangelisti, an experienced F1 reporter of Corriere dello Sport-magazine.

-But if those kinds of big mistakes were to happen in the beginning of the second season, it would be a different matter. Now Alonso has driven Ferrari for only three months. If he's still making the same kind of mistakes next year, then the criticism will surely be harder.

Evangelisti did a special interview with Alonso in Istanbul Park and it will be published on Saturday. The reporter asked the Spanish star whether the mistakes have been caused by trying too hard to get a good result.

-I've made two visible mistakes – at the start in China and in the practise in Monaco – but that's because I try my all because I want to win this championship. Because Red Bull is at the moment stronger than our car, we as a team – me and my engineer – have to take 110% out of our resources. Then mistakes are unavoidable.

-I believe thta Ferrari is still the championship favorite but if we lose at least no-one can say that Fernando Alonso didn't do his all to win it.

Ferrari suddenly changed their mind

Alonso also reveals some details of his move to Ferrari.

-When I left McLarn at the end on the 2007 season, I made it known that I'd be available. But Ferrari had just won both the championships. They didn't need me then as they implied that they had two strong drivers.

-Then the situation changed and last year everything happened fast when Stefano Domenicali first contacted me, a contact happened, a contract happened and then it was made public.

Alonso has nothing bad to say about Räikkönen.

-Kimi is very different to what he is commonly thought to be like. He is a very skillful and talented driver and also a funny guy if we talk about something other than F1, Alonso tells to Corriere dello Sport.

Turun Sanomat, Istanbul

HEIKKI KULTA
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/134791.html
Thanks for sharing this. I look it at this way. The root cause of Ferrari not winning WDC in 08 or for that matter producing a trolley in 09 is the leadership quality of Stefano. He was the one who felt the need to contact Alonso for his own shortcomings. He proved to be a pathetic team principal and just to run away from taking the onus he along with Ferrari opted to wash the dirty clothes in public by Framing Kimi as the driver responsible for their short comings.

I can see no reason why despite of Kimi having fantastic season in 09 was booted. It was just that Ferrari wanted Money and a figure in alonso who could be used as a cover to their shortfalls of two previous seasons for which i account Stefano as the sole responsibility.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 29 May 2010, 09:02

luieluv wrote:
Thanks for sharing this. I look it at this way. The root cause of Ferrari not winning WDC in 08 or for that matter producing a trolley in 09 is the leadership quality of Stefano. He was the one who felt the need to contact Alonso for his own shortcomings. He proved to be a pathetic team principal and just to run away from taking the onus he along with Ferrari opted to wash the dirty clothes in public by Framing Kimi as the driver responsible for their short comings.

I can see no reason why despite of Kimi having fantastic season in 09 was booted. It was just that Ferrari wanted Money and a figure in alonso who could be used as a cover to their shortfalls of two previous seasons for which i account Stefano as the sole responsibility.
Absolutely perfect post!!!!!! :thumbsup: :shhh: I agree 10000000000% :)

Also agree with Dheeban's last post, as always! :O

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 29 May 2010, 09:07

Yep, an excellent post from Dheeban yet again :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 May 2010, 09:25

Nice words from Fairnando :) But I always knew that he gets on well with Kimi and he is a nice guy.
Still don´t like him because of his some unfair moves on track :zz:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Acropolis » 29 May 2010, 15:08

@ Maria d
I lived in Queens and went to CCNY and Columbia....
I feel NY like the place that made me grow up and get stronger....

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 29 May 2010, 15:22

did you like Queens , in Queens its like a mini world such a diverse population, i love that part about NY.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 29 May 2010, 15:32

Yes. i stayed for two years in Flushing, then moved to Astoria (greek town, you know ) mainly to be closer to school and also to be close to the greek community....it was nice for those times, now I don't think I would like to live there permanently, it's a different way of life you know...a totally different culture...but I visit from time to time. I always think New York is the metropolis, and to have to have breathed its air...
Lots and lots of memories, the most important university years, where it all started for me....

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 29 May 2010, 15:44

ahh the best Greek food comes for Astoria we have a Greek family that lives next door to me and they bring back food from Astoria, tonight we r having souviaki for dinner.As for the air in NY it does have different smell to it.I love Queens.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 29 May 2010, 15:59

Yes, New York is flooded with greeks and greek food....I remember the gyros places in Astoria... Didn't have money for the good restaurants then.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 29 May 2010, 16:45

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Nice words from Fairnando :) But I always knew that he gets on well with Kimi and he is a nice guy.
Still don´t like him because of his some unfair moves on track :zz:
So the name should not be Fairnando, but Unfairnando.....

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 29 May 2010, 16:46

oh, I just love gyros!!!! One of my fav foods! :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 29 May 2010, 16:50

In Budapest is the Dionysos restaurant by the river but it does not have REAL greek food...no real gyros...