The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Dracaena » 31 Jul 2010, 22:52

Wolfie wrote:Dracaena :<>: I also translated it :lol:
Woohoo, I beat you to it :p!

No seriously, while translating I was worried that maybe we are translating it at the same time. Why don't you post yours also, let's pretend I haven't already posted it :D. Your work shouldn't go to waste :hug:.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 31 Jul 2010, 23:25

Dracaena wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Dracaena :<>: I also translated it :lol:
Woohoo, I beat you to it :p!

No seriously, while translating I was worried that maybe we are translating it at the same time. Why don't you post yours also, let's pretend I haven't already posted it :D. Your work shouldn't go to waste :hug:.
Neither should your work go to waste :hug:

Only.... I already deleted it but maybe I should translate it again? It's only 2.30 in the morning here :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 01 Aug 2010, 03:18

Kiitos, Drac! And kiitos for those nice words, Tommi! Wonder if our dream team will be realized...

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 01 Aug 2010, 03:25

dindi wrote:Kiitos, Drac! And kiitos for those nice words, Tommi! Wonder if our dream team will be realized...
+1
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 01 Aug 2010, 07:56

As long as Kimi hasn't announced anything we are free to dream of Tommi becoming a team leader and Kimi driving in his team.

It's of course not very likely. Tommi has said that he would be up for that kind of a job and that he'd have no problem producing those S2000 cars in his factory. But he's also said that he absolutely needs a manufacturer behind him and that manufacturer should be Subaru since he's working for them at the moment. And Subaru isn't interested in that.

But as I said, dreaming is free.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 01 Aug 2010, 10:59

Ice-Ludy wrote:
dindi wrote:Kiitos, Drac! And kiitos for those nice words, Tommi! Wonder if our dream team will be realized...
+1
+1

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 01 Aug 2010, 13:25

Dracaena and Wolfie, thank you to both of you! :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 02 Aug 2010, 07:19

Kimi's mid-term report

Now that the World Rally Championship season is more than halfway over, we caught up with Finnish star Kimi Raikkonen to see how he rates his progress up to now…

What do you think of your results so far this year?
“I’d say that our results are what we expected; or maybe slightly better than we expected. When we came into this year, we knew that it was not going to be easy and it would take us some time to adapt and of course this has been the case.

If you consider that everyone else has got so much more experience than us and we had not even done five rallies before the start of the year, it’s not too bad.

Sweden was a tricky event for us to start the year with as the grip kept on changing but then we found it a bit more normal on gravel in Mexico. Jordan was a really tricky rally but we were very pleased to take our first points, and then we had Turkey where we finished fifth, which was a great result.

After Turkey we missed Rally New Zealand and then we had Portugal, which was difficult for us because it took a little bit of time to get into the rhythm again. When we went to Bulgaria I had a good feeling on asphalt and if we had not had an accident, then I think we could have been in the top five.”

How about Finland?
“Actually, Finland was the same sort of story as Bulgaria: some good bits and some bad bits. But it would have been top eight and not top five.”

So how many marks would you give yourself out of 10?

I’m not sure: I would say maybe five? Because some bits have been good and some other bits have been not so good but in the end it was all more or less what I was expecting. OK, maybe we have done a bit better than I was expecting, so I could give myself five and a half or six?”

Making pace notes has been a big challenge. How is that going?
That’s probably one of the hardest things for me. Even when I was in Formula One I never really liked it when engineers were talking to me over the radio when I was driving the car in the circuit. Now though it is part of the job. There is probably more speed to come from me through improving the pace notes than there is in any other area.”

Rallying is a slightly mad sport. Does it ever scare you?

No, there is nothing that I am scared of in a rally car: it is just a very different style of driving. In the end you have to trust your co-driver and your pace notes because this is part of the skill of rallying.

Having said that, when you go off on a circuit, you normally go off into a gravel trap or a tyre wall. When you go off in rallying there are trees. There is no room for mistakes, and although I am making a few all the time, this is one of the things that attracts me to rallying. If it was easy, then everybody would do it.”

Have your targets changed at all this year?
“No, not really. I just want to gradually improve and learn everything you need to succeed in rallying. It’s unrealistic to expect much more in your first year as rallying is all about experience.

The chances are that I’m not going to be able to win anything this year but if I could have one or two more results in the top five then that would be really good. But I think it’s going to be tough…”
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 2745950125

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 02 Aug 2010, 07:28

Thanks for that, Kriss! Kimi can really be hard on himself... 5 out of 10? Come on!

It's great that he's challenged by rally and not discouraged at all by the mistakes he made. He relishes it (the challenge) and almost sounds like he's bored with F1. Love it! :D

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 02 Aug 2010, 07:34

dindi wrote:Thanks for that, Kriss! Kimi can really be hard on himself... 5 out of 10? Come on!

It's great that he's challenged by rally and not discouraged at all by the mistakes he made. He relishes it (the challenge) and almost sounds like he's bored with F1. Love it! :D
:thumbsup:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 02 Aug 2010, 09:26

dindi wrote:almost sounds like he's bored with F1
And who isn't :O?

That was a really humble and realistic review from Kimi :). Respect :thumbsup:!

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 02 Aug 2010, 09:26

actually 5 out of 10 is the easiest to give ... roughly translates to 'not bad ' ... :)

Hurricane
car driver
car driver

Post by Hurricane » 02 Aug 2010, 09:49

dindi wrote:Thanks for that, Kriss! Kimi can really be hard on himself... 5 out of 10? Come on!

:thumbsup:
Thanks Kriss!
It's better take one step at time! It's great to see that he wants more and more - It's makes us very happy too :cool: .

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 02 Aug 2010, 09:56

Dracaena wrote:
dindi wrote:almost sounds like he's bored with F1
And who isn't :O?
Off-Topic: show
Haha! Yep! I know I am :::
Oi, Hurricane! Don't think I saw you here during the rally... you should pop your head in more! :p

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 02 Aug 2010, 10:49

Thanks Kriss! :O