The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Julia » 27 Aug 2010, 07:26

dindi wrote:
Julia wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:
saif wrote:Article on Kimi's best F1 win ever (from Autosport's 60 year edition) Flag:##

READ HERE:

http://www.twitpic.com/2ibjc4/full
http://www.twitpic.com/2ibjwp/full
http://www.twitpic.com/2ibkeh/full
Thanks for the article Saif!! :hug: This victory was really amazing!!! :shhh:
+1 :thumbsup: brought back good memories... nice contribute to Kimi in their anniversary number. Did you notice the comment after the article how they described his F1 carer? -> Won the tittle in a spectacular manner... fell out off love with F1... quite and joined wrc
Hey, thanks for this!!! Skipped the Alonso bits, though :p And yep, he did fall out of love with F1, didn't he?
yeah, he did. I just find it a little bit funny that this is the guy who many criticized of being cold and not showing emotions and not giving away anything of himself ... and jet even the biggest most conventional motorsportpaper gets poetic when they write about him and his carer... :roll::

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Aug 2010, 09:59

How many of us think Spa 2004 was his best win? :p

Did Kimi win the final stage in Germany? I totally missed it! Woohooo! I just lost it listening to the radio.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Aug 2010, 10:29

SpaMaster wrote:How many of us think Spa 2004 was his best win? :p

Did Kimi win the final stage in Germany? I totally missed it! Woohooo! I just lost it listening to the radio.
For me Kimi 04 SPA win was the best indeed.

And yes kimi won the final stage of rally germany.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 27 Aug 2010, 12:00

luieluv wrote:

Ah yes, that win is up there with Suzuka as well. So unlikely it made that journalist run naked around Silverstone afterwards: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 668965.stm (bottom of page) (lol, pun)
So firm was he in his belief that McLaren would never win a race that year. Oh, but he didnt account for the Iceman. And I guess that is why no one dared to make a similar bet last year even though the Ferrari was so bad. Because Kimi would have proved them wrong again. With his awesomeness.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 27 Aug 2010, 12:07

Soren wrote:Ah yes, that win is up there with Suzuka as well. So unlikely it made that journalist run naked around Silverstone afterwards: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 668965.stm (bottom of page) (lol, pun)
So firm was he in his belief that McLaren would never win a race that year. Oh, but he didnt account for the Iceman. And I guess that is why no one dared to make a similar bet last year even though the Ferrari was so bad. Because Kimi would have proved them wrong again. With his awesomeness.
I remember that too, but I'd liked to see if some Italian reporter has done same kind of bet. Maybe he would not carry out it (sorry, I don't trust Italians word as much as Finns or English)
I miss a babysitter

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 27 Aug 2010, 12:36

Soren wrote:
luieluv wrote:

Ah yes, that win is up there with Suzuka as well. So unlikely it made that journalist run naked around Silverstone afterwards: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 668965.stm (bottom of page) (lol, pun)
As long as there is Spa-Francorchamps...
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 27 Aug 2010, 12:42

sleenster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
Dan wrote: Citroen Junior Team manager Benoit Nogier also believes that Raikkonen’s fastest stage time will help convince him to stay in the World Rally Championship next year. “It was a real morale-booster for the whole team,” he said. “In many ways, what Kimi achieved in Germany was just as impressive as what Sebastien Ogier achieved. It’s a very positive sign for the future.”

http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen~boost ... ?fid=13554
I am a little surprised how nice the bosses are talking about Kimi. Maybe the last year was so poor from Ferrari side that this normal situation feels so good.
I hope Citroen can make enough DS3s next year and I hope Red Bull will continue to sponsor Kimi, then everything will be perfect. :pray:
I don´t think Citroen is better than Ferrari. I would say they´re quite similar. I won´t make the same mistakes again like, e.g. believing/hoping Ferrari can change after the Schumi era. Citroen isn´t my favourite team but I haven´t to cope with them, that´s Kimi´s job and if he´s fine with them, it´s okay. But somehow it seems not everything is perfect otherwise there would be already a contract. Furthermore it´s quite strange that Citroen says that Kimi wanted to talk about a new contract but they 'refused' that. . .
and now they say they want to keep him.

BTW Great article about Kimi´s best win!! :)
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 27 Aug 2010, 13:20

Lynx'niK wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
Dan wrote: Citroen Junior Team manager Benoit Nogier also believes that Raikkonen’s fastest stage time will help convince him to stay in the World Rally Championship next year. “It was a real morale-booster for the whole team,” he said. “In many ways, what Kimi achieved in Germany was just as impressive as what Sebastien Ogier achieved. It’s a very positive sign for the future.”

http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen~boost ... ?fid=13554
I am a little surprised how nice the bosses are talking about Kimi. Maybe the last year was so poor from Ferrari side that this normal situation feels so good.
I hope Citroen can make enough DS3s next year and I hope Red Bull will continue to sponsor Kimi, then everything will be perfect. :pray:
I don´t think Citroen is better than Ferrari. I would say they´re quite similar. I won´t make the same mistakes again like, e.g. believing/hoping Ferrari can change after the Schumi era. Citroen isn´t my favourite team but I haven´t to cope with them, that´s Kimi´s job and if he´s fine with them, it´s okay. But somehow it seems not everything is perfect otherwise there would be already a contract. Furthermore it´s quite strange that Citroen says that Kimi wanted to talk about a new contract but they 'refused' that. . .
and now they say they want to keep him.

BTW Great article about Kimi´s best win!! :)
Actually, I wasn't comparing Citroen to Ferrari at all and I don't think either team is perfect. Look what what they did to Dani Sordo, they demoted him to the Junior team for a few rallies. The perfect situation (and realistic!) for me is getting to see Kimi drive next year. I'm just praying that Kimi gets to drive somewhere next year, preferably in WRC and preferably with Citroen. My biggest fear is that he decides not to drive at all or if there is no deal at all and then we don't even get to see him drive anywhere at all. I don't have any hope that there is a chance he's going back to F1.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 27 Aug 2010, 18:44

I miss my King of Spa. My mood is pretty melancholic just like it was last year when I've made this video. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-LBw88Pu8

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Aug 2010, 18:59

youtube will not let me see it....

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 27 Aug 2010, 19:03

^^^oh, what does it say?

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Aug 2010, 19:07

This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 27 Aug 2010, 19:12

Ok, I'm uploading it to another place. :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 27 Aug 2010, 19:35

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Aug 2010, 19:49

thanks Kinga, how come i don't remember this one? i love all your videos and their music too....