The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Dracaena » 15 May 2010, 06:31

Moominpappa wrote:Here Finland is too warm for me. Yesterday here was +27C and today morning has been very warm. I like more winter.
Me too! Well, at least if it's a proper winter like the last one...

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Dracaena » 15 May 2010, 06:33

beefree88 wrote:Come to think of it, I wonder if he still brings his notebook with him everywhere, and why he needs it that much. I never saw anybody ever asking that from him
:huh: I've never seen him with a notebook...

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 May 2010, 06:45

brendakarli wrote:
Can't help but feel that Massa regrets not fighting harder for kimi to be in the other car. With Fonzi, he's now saying things like Kimi is excellent (while Fonzi is "fine") :confused:
This hurts Alonso :lol:
I miss a babysitter

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 May 2010, 06:49

Dracaena wrote:
beefree88 wrote:Come to think of it, I wonder if he still brings his notebook with him everywhere, and why he needs it that much. I never saw anybody ever asking that from him
Yes you did, just didn't realize. There was a fan Q+A with him about two years ago. He was asked what he used to carry in the backpack he constantly has with him. He said some essentials. Notebook was one of them
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 May 2010, 07:05

luieluv wrote:Massa: "I do not take half a second to none", listen

Opens the chest in an interview with Brazilian journalists in Monaco

"If the guy is happy or not, that's his problem. I am very happy to be the way I am and the day I walk into a team or into the championship to take six tenths from anybody, it is the moment to stop".

"Alonso is a fine driver, but Kimi was excellent, and also was Schumacher. It is impossible to say Fernando is better than them. I believe that in those races I really had a problem. They day I don't have a problem I will admit it, so, it is not a correct comparison".

"I always heard about it [rumours about his Ferrari seat]; there's always someone stepping up to replace me. What affects me is my situation inside the team, and I am fine. With the problems I had, the team knows what was it, I do too and that's what really matters".

"The important thing is the confidence inside the team. If Ferrari does not want me to win and to be well, I am the one changing things, not the rumours. I am just not happy because I want to see this problem out soon. Other than that, I am fine inside the team and I am not worried about rumours".

Link:
http://tazio.uol.com.br/f-1/textos/18323/

Thanks to Faisal from Orkut who invariably has picked this story from our earlier forum
Thanks for the artickle:)
What's with Ferrari guys nowadays? They didn't get their memo? ;)
Stella stating that with Kimi they didn't need words to communicate is not new, but Massa and Domi seems to appreciate Kimi a lot more since he left. Not to mention what Alo said on Thursday:
http://en.espnf1.com/monaco/motorsport/story/17058.html
"I can understand that there could be a level of pessimism after the show of strength from Red Bull in Barcelona qualifying, but we know that here, having the right set-up can make more of a difference than pure aerodynamic downforce and we already have a good baseline, given that last year, Kimi [Raikkonen in a Ferrari] nearly took pole with a car that was far off the F10 in terms of its potential."

What happened with doesn't communicate, can't develop/setup the car properly? :zz:
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 15 May 2010, 07:15

Moominpappa wrote:At Monday Finland - Slovakia

Here Finland is too warm for me. Yesterday here was +27C and today morning has been very warm. I like more winter.
Oh how I envy you! Here in Germany it´s only +10C...

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 May 2010, 07:23

Wolfie wrote: Here's a riddle for you, who on earth is Turrini referring to in the last part :zz: :
Off-Topic: show
The 10 sentences of the Week (May 3)
Published by Leo Turrini Sun, 02/05/2010 - 22:19

Before Barcelona: the top ten phrases of the week. I hope they will be to your liking.

1) The testimony of my informant. There are two drivers in the same team who meet after a tumultuous GP. The least paid say to the highest paid:'The next time you dare to make me look like a fool you will find a wall'. And the highest paid replied:'Try if you dare'.

Musical comment:'But the sky is always bluer'(ZZ Top).
Thanks for that Nikki:)
Turrini might be as biased as we are, but his comments are always interesting to read.
Am I the only one catching myself feeling sorry for Massa? He seems to be more and more desperate and insecure. I bet he misses Kimi too;)

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 15 May 2010, 08:22

f194girl wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:At Monday Finland - Slovakia

Here Finland is too warm for me. Yesterday here was +27C and today morning has been very warm. I like more winter.
Oh how I envy you! Here in Germany it´s only +10C...
Even near Rome today only +10C :S :(

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 May 2010, 08:25

Moominpappa wrote:
brendakarli wrote:
Can't help but feel that Massa regrets not fighting harder for kimi to be in the other car. With Fonzi, he's now saying things like Kimi is excellent (while Fonzi is "fine") :confused:
This hurts Alonso :lol:
Poor Fonso! :(

not! :n

It's only the truth, what he's telling. Ha, I knew, why I still like Massa! :)

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 15 May 2010, 08:37

Thanks for all the pictures, guys, it's great to see him there :)

But having seen the pictures of the yacht I never realised before how close together they all are, it's like being a battery hen, OK a battery hen inside a giant mansion of a cage but still.... :lol:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 May 2010, 08:56

beefree88 wrote:
Dracaena wrote:
Yes you did, just didn't realize. There was a fan Q+A with him about two years ago. He was asked what he used to carry in the backpack he constantly has with him. He said some essentials. Notebook was one of them
Many Kimi with notebook pics:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7499/1814341.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9526 ... man062.jpg

There comes something to my mind: Wasn't there a advertisement pic of Kimi wearing a red t-shirt while standing by some table with a notebook? That was probably two or three years ago. I'm sure, I owned that one, but I can't find it! Please, if someone has it, please post it to me! Thanks! :)

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 May 2010, 08:57

ish678 wrote:Thanks for all the pictures, guys, it's great to see him there :)

But having seen the pictures of the yacht I never realised before how close together they all are, it's like being a battery hen, OK a battery hen inside a giant mansion of a cage but still.... :lol:
And the battery hens in Monaco are allowed to smoke! :O :lol:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 May 2010, 08:57

beefree88 wrote:
luieluv wrote:Massa: "I do not take half a second to none", listen

Opens the chest in an interview with Brazilian journalists in Monaco

"If the guy is happy or not, that's his problem. I am very happy to be the way I am and the day I walk into a team or into the championship to take six tenths from anybody, it is the moment to stop".

"Alonso is a fine driver, but Kimi was excellent, and also was Schumacher. It is impossible to say Fernando is better than them. I believe that in those races I really had a problem. They day I don't have a problem I will admit it, so, it is not a correct comparison".

"I always heard about it [rumours about his Ferrari seat]; there's always someone stepping up to replace me. What affects me is my situation inside the team, and I am fine. With the problems I had, the team knows what was it, I do too and that's what really matters".

"The important thing is the confidence inside the team. If Ferrari does not want me to win and to be well, I am the one changing things, not the rumours. I am just not happy because I want to see this problem out soon. Other than that, I am fine inside the team and I am not worried about rumours".

Link:
http://tazio.uol.com.br/f-1/textos/18323/

Thanks to Faisal from Orkut who invariably has picked this story from our earlier forum
Thanks for the artickle:)
What's with Ferrari guys nowadays? They didn't get their memo? ;)
Stella stating that with Kimi they didn't need words to communicate is not new, but Massa and Domi seems to appreciate Kimi a lot more since he left. Not to mention what Alo said on Thursday:
http://en.espnf1.com/monaco/motorsport/story/17058.html
"I can understand that there could be a level of pessimism after the show of strength from Red Bull in Barcelona qualifying, but we know that here, having the right set-up can make more of a difference than pure aerodynamic downforce and we already have a good baseline, given that last year, Kimi [Raikkonen in a Ferrari] nearly took pole with a car that was far off the F10 in terms of its potential."

What happened with doesn't communicate, can't develop/setup the car properly? :zz:
Ha haa, good point!
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 15 May 2010, 09:04

LadyR wrote:

That's because the battery hens in Monaco are badass motherf***ers that do and say what they damn well want :lol:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 May 2010, 09:18

ish678 wrote:
LadyR wrote:

That's because the battery hens in Monaco are badass motherf***ers that do and say what they damn well want :lol:
Cool! :n