The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Anelise » 14 Dec 2010, 11:47

WRC.com Personality of the Year nominees: Kimi Räikkönen
The higher you fly, the further you can fall. And throughout the 2010 World Rally Championship season, the 2007 Formula One champion Kimi Raikkonen did something remarkable: putting his hard-earned reputation on the line to start again as a beginner and take on the best drivers in the world, despite

Raikkonen knew it wasn’t going to be easy, but then if it were easy everyone would do it. It took a special kind of unflappable courage to rise to the occasion and not care what anybody said or thought: the sort of resolve that can only be displayed by somebody whose nickname is ‘The Iceman’.

After just three events, he had become the first Formula One world champion ever to score WRC points, thanks to his eighth place in Jordan. His best result of the year came shortly afterwards, when he finished fifth on the all-new Rally of Turkey: a real indicator of his potential.

When things were going well, Raikkonen showed that he had the pace to fight at the front: he was running comfortably in the top four on the opening day of Rally Bulgaria, beating the factory Fords. On Rallye Deutschland in August, he won the Circus Maximus stage in Trier: another first.

But his contribution to the WRC this year goes beyond just his results. Raikkonen proved to be a fantastic ambassador for the sport, creating a huge amount of interest from both media and fans wherever he went.

In Raikkonen’s opinion, world rallying is a lot harder than Formula One. And coming from somebody who built a global following for fearlessly exploring the limits of adhesion, that’s quite an admission. Raikkonen wants to stay in the WRC next year; this is your chance to show just how much the WRC wants him.

Voting for the inaugural WRC.com Personality of the Year starts on Friday. Return to WRC.com soon to find out who our panel of experts have nominated as the next contender for the coveted prize.
http://www.wrc.com/news/wrccom-personal ... ?fid=13997

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Dec 2010, 12:01

Thanks anelise.

Some really kool words about kimi.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 17 Dec 2010, 14:54

Let's go vote at Kimi, guys ....
http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/polls/
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 18 Dec 2010, 01:39

Arli Racegirl wrote:Let's go vote at Kimi, guys ....
Kimi only 10%. :blink:
Ken is going to win this one.

They definitely should be top 3 - Ken, Petter & Kimi. :cool:

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 18 Dec 2010, 18:10

:blink: :drool:

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 18 Dec 2010, 18:25

Arli Racegirl wrote:Let's go vote at Kimi, guys ....
I think we have to be more active... Soren , i was good idea to post info about this contest on FB!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 18 Dec 2010, 19:45

The Skinny: Highest Paid Athletes 2010

by Mike Baron

The highest paid athletes 2010 - Some of the world's highest paid professions are held by professional athletes. From brand endorsements, to being paid for their athletic abilities, they bring home the bacon.
Here are the top 10:

10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. [34 Million] Dale Earnhardt Jr. made the list because, frankly, he’s one popular guy. He’s won the NASCAR NMPA Chex Most Popular Driver Award for the sixth consecutive time. His sales in the market are twice that of any other competitor, and yet hasn't won a single race since 2008 (which was only 1 race).

9. Valentino Rossi [35 Million] Valentino is an Italian motorcycle racer and multiple MotoGP champion. Many consider him to be one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time, with eight Grand-Prix World Championships to his name.

6. Manny Pacquiao [40 Million] is a multi-talented boxer, politician, singer, and actor. Ring Magazine claims that he’s the #1 pound-for-pound boxer in the world and the Boxing Writers Association claims that he’s the “Fighter of the Decade.”

6. Phil Mickelson [40 Million] Lefty is one of two golfers on this list. He’s amassed about $54 Million in prize money during his career and makes much more in endorsements from Callaway and Rolex.

6. LeBron James [40 Million] The NBA's latest immortal is a two-time MVP award recipient, first in the 08-09 season and then again in the 09-10 season. He's also the lowest paid of the three basketball players in the top 3.

5. David Beckham [42 Million] is one of the best known soccer players on the planet. David Beckham is also one of the highest paid athletes in the world and is the only futbol (soccer) player to appear in the top 10 highest paid athletes of 2010.

2. Kimi Raikkonen [45 Million] nicknamed Iceman, and occasionally described as "the fastest driver on the planet," Kimi won the Formula One World Driver's Championship in 2007.

2. Michael Jordan [45 Million]: Yeah. Seven years after his (last) retirement, we still find MJ here on the list.

2. Kobe Bryant [45 Million] is tied with the legendary Jordan and Formula One driving Raikkonen. He does this by raking in almost $20 mil a year through his NBA contract and more than doubles that through endorsement deals with Vitamin Water, Coca-Cola, and Nike.

1. Tiger Woods [110 Million] is golf's legend and is on track to surpass 1 billion in earnings from winnings and endorsements from his 13 year career.
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/origi ... 8761.shtml

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 19 Dec 2010, 02:44

Kimi can sponsor himself of another 10 years of Citroen drive peacefully..but i hope he may not have to do that
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 19 Dec 2010, 19:39

Good to know that Kimi doesn´t have to starve next year :)

Thx for the pics :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Dec 2010, 19:58

Decided to do another little "analysis" (not really an analysis, I just looked up stuff :p)

At the beginning of the season Mikko and Jari-Mari made predictions about how many minutes Kimi will be behind the leader at the end of the rally and so I was wondering how their predictions actually compared to the actual result.

I only decided to compare the results if Kimi finished the rally or if he managed to make it to the end of Day 2 without incident. I wasn't sure how to take into account lost time because of time penalties or just taking a long time to get out of a ditch so I didn't do the comparison for those rallies.

RÄIKKÖNEN's YEAR 2010 (VM paper edition)

Jordan
MH: 4 minutes behind lead
J-ML: 10-12 minutes behind lead
Kimi: +12:31

Turkey
MH: 4 minutes
J-ML: 8 minutes
Kimi: +6:44

Portugal
MH: 3-4 minutes
J-ML: 10 minutes
Kimi: +11:34

Germany
MH: 4 minutes
J-ML: 9 minutes
Kimi: +8:50

Japan
MH: 4-5 minutes
J-ML: 7 minutes
Kimi: +7:01 at end of Day 2

GB
MH: 6 minutes
J-ML: 8 minutes
Kimi: +10:27

Looks like Mikko was being "nicer" in his predictions but Jari-Mari's predictions seemed to be closer to the actual result, maybe he was being more realistic ''hmm''

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 19 Dec 2010, 20:07

As a matter of fact Jari-Matti's predictions are awesome :blink: He should think about betting every now and then; it would be very healthy for his finances :zz: .

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Dec 2010, 09:44

This is so touching, the bloggers from Leo Turrini's blog made a Christmas-video and even if it's not about Kimi directly I'm sure it can go here since Signor Turrini has always been good to our boy :hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPdV9ILfks&hd=1

Merry Christmas to all of you :hug:

News about Kimi might come soon, I've seen 2 nights in a row dreams about where Kimi will go but sadly I don't remember where, I was in such a hurry to check Turun Sanomat's website after reading it first on an English website :lol:

So keep your eyes open, maybe there's a Christmas present coming :wave:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 21 Dec 2010, 10:39

Today I feel good about everything! At last I am not feeling scared anymore and happy about Kimi's future.

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 21 Dec 2010, 12:25

Merry Christmas to you, too Wolfie :hug:
I wish you a joyful Christmas from the bottom of my heart, all :wave:

hope Kimi will bring us special present :pray: :)