The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by beefree88 » 14 Jun 2010, 05:39

Moominpappa wrote:Thank you :) I like this forum so much. I will add a picture of our new baby here tomorrow. He looks same than his big brother.

Funny that after 245 days without alcohol normal beer taste worse than non alcohol beer. I am seen this couple of times before. Taste will change and learn new things. I guess that after one or two weeks I think that normal beer is much better than non alcohol beer... Now I have 3 weeks holiday because of our new baby and our company pay one extra week. After that I will keep 4-6 weeks summer vacation. Nice, isn't it?

Big hug to everyone!
Congrats Moominpapa! It's nice that now you can be at home with your family for a few weeks. Especially with three other kids. I guess they're excited too :)
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 14 Jun 2010, 05:45

redstorm wrote:Scratch that, Alesi car now "pole". Risi Ferrari failed scrutineering and will start from last. Alesi last raced here when the Mulsanne was still the MULSANNE. Come on old man, show'em whatcha got!
In the end despite the problems they had quite a good race. Shame for losing second place because of mechanical problems. Still nothing compared to the devastation poor Peugeot guys must feel. I'm glad that Kimi raced in Italy instead. His boss Monsieur Quesnel was so down, I felt sorry for him
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 14 Jun 2010, 09:03

Feel bad for Bordais that he didnt even get to have one stint. Sad for Oreca car because it would have been a great story to have privateer, yes heavily backed, win. I heard that Oreca told the factory guys that they would not settle in for third and went b*** out to catch the Audi's. They gave it a good showing but the Pug let em down just the same. the Germans just keep their heads down and stick to the game plan. Well done!

And for any who say the Pugs gifted them the win, they STILL set a distance record even being the second fastest car. they were still flying!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 14 Jun 2010, 09:30

I am so pleased to hear that you and your wife have a new baby Moominpapa. you both must be so proud and what a wonderful family you have 2 girls and 2 boys. Wishing you all and especially the new arrival lots of love, health, and happiness.
Linda Darren and the 6 ragdoll catsxxxxxx

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Leijona » 14 Jun 2010, 15:05

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/138471.html
Selänne's enthusiasm for F1 continues without Räikkönen
Turun Sanomat 14.6 2010 00:50:06

Teemu Selänne, who belongs among the icehockey's NHL-legends, is turning the Canadian media's head in Montreal Grand Prix-paddock for the first time.

- I have seen many F1-races on tracks, but not this one. Canada always offers such a spectacle race that I have craved to come and watch it live, but before this I just haven't had the time, Selänne explains.

- I have had a breaks other times too. Especially when Kimi's car performed well, it was great to go and watch F1. Last year was difficult for them, so I didn't go and watch it then.

Usually when Selänne appeared on the paddock, there was a Finnish-victory as if by magic.

- Those are the greates experiences, when a Finn wins, Teemu thanks.

Selänne follows F1-broadcasts closely at his home in Anaheim.

- I still stumble out of bed at 4.30am when a race comes from TV - apart from the days when I have a match. Then I record a race and watch it later.

Selänne mentions that his all-time favourite battles were with Michael Schumacher and Mika Häkkinen.

- Especially those races were so awesome to watch. Michael is the kind of all-time favourite for me, but it seems to be difficult even for him to do a comeback after a long break.

- Then there's of course Kimi and other Finnish drivers. I don't believe these races would be so fun to follow without Finns. We have been privileged to have so many Finns on top for so long. Now Heikki (Kovalainen) is at Lotus, but it's a long project. It would be too easy if a new team came and immediately started to win.

Hats off to rally-Kimi

Selänne tells that he follows also rally very closely - especially now that his friend Räikkönen drives there.

- He's an exceptional driver. With the experience Kimi has of rally, he is able to pull off performances like that. People don't have a clue how tough it is and what a big deal it is that Kimi has been able to adapt to a totally different thing so quickly.

Selänne has been pondering could Räikkönen still go back to F1-cars.

- I have been thinking, does Kimi want to go back and where would he go, because I know that he doesn't want to go to any bad team.

Selänne will spend his summer for a while in California where his children's school lasts for couple more weeks. Then they head to Finland.

- Usually we have bumped into Kimi somewhere. He is of course very busy and now in rally the timetable is different.

Rejuvenation would end his careed

Selänne will be turning 40 years in the beginning of July and his hockey-career is once again in a big crossroad. On the other signpost it says "end of career", on the other "one more season more".

- I'm waiting now in what direction the team wants to go. If they go for a rejuventaion cut and start to build a new team, then I won't be playing anymore.

- The situation is a little bit the same as with Kimi in F1 - he won't go back to the bottom teams either, Selänne compares.

Turun Sanomat, Montreal

HEIKKI KULTA

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Jun 2010, 15:27

thank you Leijona that was a great , I hope Selanne will be in the NHL for one more year.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 14 Jun 2010, 17:28

:lol:

A gay-site listed the hottest Scandinavians - a lot of Finnish handsomness

Perjantai 11.6.2010 klo 16.30

The popular gay-site Afterelton.com praises several known Finnish men for the way the look.

According to the site Finns who bring warmth to Scandinavia are Idols-singer Pete Parkkonen, commentator Jani Toivola, ice-hockey player Saku Koivu, musician Kim Herold, Kimi Räikkönen, actor Samuli Vauramo and Ville Valo, lead singer in HIM.

They serve these hunks to readers with a picture collection and words "Bon Appétit!"
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 14 Jun 2010, 17:44

http://www.marmai.fi/uutiset/article424414.ece

Kimi Räikkönen is the talk on forums

M&M and M-Brain follow the visibility of Finland's biggest companies and most respected brands on domestic forums and blogs on a regular basis.

In May DNA took a leap by climbing up to 14th position from the 41th position.

DNA:s sales manager Erik Sylvestersson believes that the reason for the buzz is the campaign starred by Kimi Räikkönen that started 30.4.2010.

– We have got a lot of positive feedback, we have managed to bring out the positive side of Kimi, Sylvestersson said.

The campaign started with a tv-commercial, accompanied with banner-ads, both printed and outdoors. The campaign has their own website.

DNA:s communication manager Vilhelmiina Wahlbeck tells that the company follows actively the discussions on the site. DNA has had for a year already an analysing tool for social media.

The company also has their own forum where clients can discuss the products. According to Wahlbeckin the interaction between clients are concentrated on the company's own website.

They don't have an own site in Facebook or IRC-gallery.

They really have their own website :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.vaihtamallaparanee.fi/

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 14 Jun 2010, 18:19

Wolfie wrote:http://www.marmai.fi/uutiset/article424414.ece

Kimi Räikkönen is the talk on forums

M&M and M-Brain follow the visibility of Finland's biggest companies and most respected brands on domestic forums and blogs on a regular basis.

In May DNA took a leap by climbing up to 14th position from the 41th position.

DNA:s sales manager Erik Sylvestersson believes that the reason for the buzz is the campaign starred by Kimi Räikkönen that started 30.4.2010.

– We have got a lot of positive feedback, we have managed to bring out the positive side of Kimi, Sylvestersson said.

The campaign started with a tv-commercial, accompanied with banner-ads, both printed and outdoors. The campaign has their own website.

DNA:s communication manager Vilhelmiina Wahlbeck tells that the company follows actively the discussions on the site. DNA has had for a year already an analysing tool for social media.

The company also has their own forum where clients can discuss the products. According to Wahlbeckin the interaction between clients are concentrated on the company's own website.

They don't have an own site in Facebook or IRC-gallery.

They really have their own website :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.vaihtamallaparanee.fi/

Awesome, thx! :)

Oh btw, any news that DNA Mokkula ad is online? Still can't find it! :(

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 14 Jun 2010, 18:34

Sorry, LadyR :(

I haven't found it anywhere...

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 14 Jun 2010, 19:06

Wolfie wrote:Sorry, LadyR :(

I haven't found it anywhere...
Pity, but thx! :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 14 Jun 2010, 19:12

There is a good article in the latest VM about pace notes. It's long so you'll have to wait for it but there's one funny thing in the end :lol:

"I still think about Kimi Räikkönen's capacity in the job. I can't help remembering what a Finnish F1-agent said in a laconic way about two of our F1-drivers from the past:

- If these guys couldn't drive F1, then X would at the most be a cashier in McDonald and Y wouldn't be there at all....

In this business Räikkönen faces a tough challenge. Kimi, if you think of something to ask about making pace notes, be courageous and give me a call."

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 14 Jun 2010, 20:44

I tried to upload one picture of me and the new boy but didn't manage. Maybe you are lucky... :blush:
I miss a babysitter

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 14 Jun 2010, 21:00

Moominpappa wrote:I tried to upload one picture of me and the new boy but didn't manage. Maybe you are lucky... :blush:
Now it managed, sorry :(
I miss a babysitter

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 14 Jun 2010, 21:12

My God Moomin!!!!
You both look so.....incredibly handsome!!!!!
Of course the little packet of love looks much better than you!
To stop joking, it is a precious picture...you look so happy and proud, and the little man so calm!
Again I wish you and your family all the best things in life!!! :hug: :hug:

PS: I think he looks like you.... :)