The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by apple » 21 Jan 2011, 13:36

Well, our monster probably will continue in pink :n as I got today four pink luminous badge with text Kimi , as were at the store talking with DNA boys.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Jan 2011, 14:13

Oh I envy you :blush: Could you please take a pic? Are this badges new? Might be a good sign :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 21 Jan 2011, 15:47

A friend told me that a famous japanese motorsport website (Tochu F1 Express) saying Kimi won't attend Mexico, Sardinia and Argentina this year. I was planning to go to Sardinia, hope it's not true.... :(

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 21 Jan 2011, 17:41

Its a google translation
Raikkonen to test end of this month

World Rally Championship series starts in February in Sweden. Citroen with a new DS3-car driving Kimi Räikkönen's co-driver Kaj Lindstrom says that the duo gets to test the car at the end of this month.

Lindstrom hopes that the season starts sujuisi in all aspects of it easier. According to him, driving is still not easy for the former F1 driver, although the 31-year-old Raikkonen is now over one full season in the championship.

- If you talk about third parties and the media side, so they probably expected values were more than a utopian between. You have to remember that the species are so different. On the other hand Kimihän would have put all the World Rally Championship drivers look ridiculous if he had survived the first year there and has achieved great results, "says Lindstrom.

- I think he drove a driving experience very well. We knew that mistakes happen. We did the mistakes out there under the magnifying glass. They were easy to tackle, and they retostella. Overall, it was a learning year and the intervention occurred in some good performances, but then again runs out and breaks it covered, "he continues.

Kimi Lindström and Driving Championship was completed in early several weeks ago, but public information was confirmed only recently. Kimi's father died before Christmas, which contributed to the schedules.

- Yes, it is in that last year during December we had known that the way to go. It had contracts viilaamista and others, where it then goes to the time. Of course, it was a bit uncomfortable these things before Christmas. It was then intended that the matter told only at this stage, "says Lindstrom.

According to him, World Series of power relations has not yet been informed. Only the Swedish Rally after the first piece to show what kind of arrangement between Citroen and Ford are. Lindstrom points out that both are frequently developed and tested the car.

- Kaikillehan situation is the same. Cars are changing a little technical, and becomes an entirely new bodywork. They are a little lighter, the outer dimensions of the wheelbase and smaller. Technical side, has gone a bit mechanical in the car than the old, the WRC car, "he says.

- We're going to run a second term. It means that every aspect of it is still trying to improve the skill level and go ahead there. Through its vauhtikin rises. The second year when I run, I believe that the number of errors that fall. If the drive clean, then the resulting come from, but not here yet to go in favor of horrid construct castles in the air. Let's go to a rally at a time.

YLE Sports
http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/moottoriurh ... 06289.html
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

tigerlily
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by tigerlily » 21 Jan 2011, 18:02

YiNing wrote:A friend told me that a famous japanese motorsport website (Tochu F1 Express) saying Kimi won't attend Mexico, Sardinia and Argentina this year. I was planning to go to Sardinia, hope it's not true.... :(
I read that article.
It said "Raikkonen has almost gotten fixed up his plan for this year. Raikkonen will take part in ten out of 13 of the WRC races with a new team"ICE1 Racing". He will attend the rallies except Rally Mexico, Rally Sardinia and Rally Argentina. Rally Greece and Rally Australia will be his first event."

I'm not sure it's correct and I hope it's not true.
Tochu is famous but not most reliable media in Japan.
I think only that website says Kimi will skip Rally Sardinia.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 21 Jan 2011, 19:07

thanks lui :hug:

hiroshideath113
kart driver
kart driver

Post by hiroshideath113 » 22 Jan 2011, 07:38

tigerlily wrote:
YiNing wrote:A friend told me that a famous japanese motorsport website (Tochu F1 Express) saying Kimi won't attend Mexico, Sardinia and Argentina this year. I was planning to go to Sardinia, hope it's not true.... :(
I read that article.
It said "Raikkonen has almost gotten fixed up his plan for this year. Raikkonen will take part in ten out of 13 of the WRC races with a new team"ICE1 Racing". He will attend the rallies except Rally Mexico, Rally Sardinia and Rally Argentina. Rally Greece and Rally Australia will be his first event."

I'm not sure it's correct and I hope it's not true.
Tochu is famous but not most reliable media in Japan.
I think only that website says Kimi will skip Rally Sardinia.
I agree with tigerlily.
I don't have any complaint about Tochu, but don't think they have special connection with Kimi to obtain info earlier than others, and that information was maybe taken from some speculation around Internet or something like that.

Rally de Sardinia is like a regular event for WRC and is in Europe, so it's reasonable that Kimi drives this rally to reduce cost to move and get experience, I guess, and if the budget is the main factor to skip rallies, I guess Australian rally would be skipped rather than Sardinia.(That contains my hope since I am planning to go to Sardinia!)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 22 Jan 2011, 12:15

Hmm wrong thread probably ''hmm'' but vote! :shhh:
Kimi Räikkönen vs Jackie Stewart

Kimi Räikkönen and Jackie Stewart’s F1 careers each lasted less than a decade. That’s not particularly long by the standards of today – consider that Rubens Barrichello is heading into his record-breaking 19th season.

But they both did a lot of winning in their nine-year stints in the top flight as the statistics below make clear.

An in addition to their championships both also finished as runner-up in two seasons. Stewart was second to Graham Hill in 1968 and Emerson Fittipaldi in 1972, his performance in the latter season dogged by a stomach ulcer.

Räikkönen was second to Michael Schumacher in 2003 and Fernando Alonso in 2005. In the latter year he was dogged by engine problems in his McLaren.

Arguably, both retired earlier than they might have done. Stewart decided early in 1973 it would be his last season, and he spurned big-money offers to come back.

Räikkönen was dropped by Ferrari at the end of 2009 and has not shown an interest in returning, happy instead to concentrate on rallying.

Which of these drivers should go through to the next round of the Champion of Champions? Vote for which you think was best below and explain who you voted for and why in the comments.

Round one
  • Kimi Räikkönen eliminated Sebastian Vettel
  • Jackie Stewart eliminated Mario Andretti
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/01/22/k ... wart-cofc/

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 22 Jan 2011, 13:11

voted....:)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 22 Jan 2011, 17:24

luieluv wrote:Its a google translation
Raikkonen to test end of this month

YLE Sports
http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/moottoriurh ... 06289.html

spotted a proper translation of this (made by nicole!) floting around the internet:
http://grandprixgirlsf1-en.blogspot.com ... month.html

smart words from mr Lindström... and seems that he has been answering th Finnisch press a lot lately. So if they still keep it in the timetable they are going to test in the next 7 days! hoping for some pictures :pray:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 23 Jan 2011, 09:28

apple wrote:Well, our monster probably will continue in pink :n as I got today four pink luminous badge with text Kimi , as were at the store talking with DNA boys.
Thank you apple, now i have a picture in my head of Kimi in a pink driving overall ... (tries to schrugg the picture off her mind ... :blink: )

so atleat DNA:s marketing department believes they are continuing to cooperate with Kimi even this year... nice!

as the mater of fact also Red Bulls communication/marketing department seems to believe that Kimi will continue driving for them even this year. I looked if here was any new articles tagged to Kimis profile and they seem to warming up for rally sweden by writing this small piece of article (tagged to both Kimis & Loebs profiles (=they where categorized as participants in the article detail-box) in contrary to webber and thierry Henry who also are RB athletes and mentioned in the article...)
Six of the Best: Sporting Switches

Gorilla warfare
Another motor racing multi-talent and multiple world champion is of course Sébastien Loeb, who has won the last seven WRC titles. But former track racer Loeb (who was also a champion gymnast in his youth) has tasted F1 in an impressive test for Red Bull Racing after the 2008 season, and speculation mounted in 2009 that he might even get a drive for Scuderia Toro Rosso at the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. This proved unfounded, though Loeb has taken to the track in anger for the Le Mans 24 Hours race, finishing second in a Pescarolo-Judd in 2006. One driver who made the switch the other way is, of course, Kimi Räikkönen. Having found time to rally a Fiat Punto Abarth on occasions while still in F1, where he won the 2007 World Championship, Kimi now competes full-time in the WRC, having completed a solid debut season where he steadily improved for the Citroën Junior Team last year, and will now take to the wheel of a brand-new Citroën DS3 for his own Ice 1 Racing Team in 2011. Incidentally, Kimi has also entered snowmobile and powerboat races under the pseudonym James Hunt (after the 1976 F1 world champion and notorious playboy of the same name), the latter dressed in a gorilla suit which, surprisingly, has yet to appear in the WRC service park!

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 2950381359

recommend you read the whole article, it was a good laugh!

and the Red Bull rally sweden event page they where linking that article to;
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 2946674741

Lady Snowcat
car driver
car driver

Post by Lady Snowcat » 23 Jan 2011, 15:04

Not too sure why Kimi would go to Australia if he was saving budget.. and as New Zealand are hoping to get it back next year (it would have clashed with the Rugby World Cup in NZ this year) it doesn't make sense for a plan that targets rallies that are likely to be repeated....

Oh well Kimi fans are used to waiting....

As to colour schemes I liked the navy and pink looks good with navy so I vote for a navy base with a few pink bits for DNA....

tigerlily
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by tigerlily » 23 Jan 2011, 17:30

Thank you hiroshideath113 & Lady Snowcat.

I was thinking to go to Rally Sardinia with YiNing.
As I'm living in Japan, which rally to go is a big problem for me.
It takes me a long time to get to Europe.
I agree with hiroshideath113. I don't think Tochu has a special connection with Kimi.
And it's strange that Kimi won't attend Sardnia and Mexico but he attend Australia.
Australia is much far.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 24 Jan 2011, 10:02

oh my ... I NEED PATIENCE!!!
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Auni
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Auni » 24 Jan 2011, 12:25

Now, not just in you're head, Julia!!! :p

[img]file://localhost/H:/%252FKimi+Raikkonen+portrait+2010+-+Citroen+MK.JPG[/img]

:n