The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 21 Aug 2010, 10:56

Good point Apple, I also think that he might not be so sure about if it's worth staying in rally (meaning can he win).

Dheeban, remember how quiet Red Bull was all the time about the contract. We had no idea he had made a deal with them and Citroen and they were making the contract all the time.

What if the rumours are true, that Webbo is going to Ferrari next season and that he could possibly even had been told that he isn't going to continue with Red Bull next year since a lot of bad talking about his team might not be considered the wisest thing.

I'm still thinking, whatever you all say, that it's:

KIMI IN RED BULL RACING 2011

(Even though I would prefer rally)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 21 Aug 2010, 11:08

Okay, I have to say Kimi is not the sort that will blurt out truth in the haste of the moment. He must have just messed with MTV3. Combined to the fact that Nogier said that it would be great to have Kimi back in the team and that it was Kimi who hasn't decided. So, the door is still open for F1. I think Kimi may not have decided yet. His first intention is to go the distance in rally. But he will have no part of it if he realizes he cannot win. Ultimately he has to have chances to win even if the press world is not that friendly.

I am still hoping he can muster as much as possible in rally so that he can make a good decision. A world rally championship even if it is 10 years down the line would be my first priority. If that's not possible, I can take a couple more F1 world championships. :)
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 21 Aug 2010, 11:14

Wolfie wrote:Good point Apple, I also think that he might not be so sure about if it's worth staying in rally (meaning can he win).
if he won't stay he is just wasting his time. He says all the time that this is the learning year. So I think he should stay at least for 1 more year to see what his real potentials are. On the other hand we don't know what Citroen and REd Bull want. :blush:

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 21 Aug 2010, 11:56

Kriss wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Good point Apple, I also think that he might not be so sure about if it's worth staying in rally (meaning can he win).
if he won't stay he is just wasting his time. He says all the time that this is the learning year. So I think he should stay at least for 1 more year to see what his real potentials are. On the other hand we don't know what Citroen and REd Bull want. :blush:
Why? It looks like he is having fun and he gets paid doing it. I wish I "wasted" my time like that. :p
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 21 Aug 2010, 12:05

valuk wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Why? It looks like he is having fun and he gets paid doing it. I wish I "wasted" my time like that. :p
Because he is working so hard to learn, to improve and to achieve something. Not just driving around in the forest, he's taking it very seriously it seems. Everybody says he has potentials and he is doing very well being a rookie. And quitting before the results can come wouldn' be very smart, I think. :confused:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 21 Aug 2010, 12:20

Unless of course Kimi at some point realises that the won't make it to the top. That's what he is there to find out now.

So it's up to him.

And Valuk, Kimi would never be satisfied to drive outside the top 5 -gang, he is too competitive for that, way too competitive.

If he comes to the conclusion that he doesn't have what it takes then we can be sure that he has thought it through long and hard.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 21 Aug 2010, 12:54

hmmm... reuters has publiced this... there are quotes atleast I haven't seen before about le mans and life ;)... the unlikely comment is probably the same he said on thursday and then they asked about le mans on saturday and combine it to a nice article?

Raikkonen says unlikely to return to Formula One

(Reuters) - Former world champion Kimi Raikkonen is unlikely to return to Formula One, he was quoted as saying on Saturday.

The Finn, world champion with Ferrari in 2007, quit grand prix racing at the end of last season to compete in the world rally championship with Citroen.

"You never know but I will probably never return to Formula One," the 30-year-old told French sports daily L'Equipe.

"It's something I did for many years, I had many great moments. I won a world championship title, which is what I always wanted, but times have changed. Now I'm in rallying and there are many other things apart from Formula One in life."

Raikkonen would like to compete in the Le Mans 24-hour race.

"I would like to try but you need to find the right team," he said. "If you want to win, there are only two, Peugeot and Audi. One day, I hope, there will be an opportunity."

(Writing by Patrick VignaL, editing by Barry Moody)
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE67K17V20100821

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 21 Aug 2010, 13:58

Julia wrote:hmmm... reuters has publiced this... there are quotes atleast I haven't seen before about le mans and life ;)... the unlikely comment is probably the same he said on thursday and then they asked about le mans on saturday and combine it to a nice article?

(Reuters) - Former world champion Kimi Raikkonen is unlikely to return to Formula One, he was quoted as saying on Saturday.

The Finn, world champion with Ferrari in 2007, quit grand prix racing at the end of last season to compete in the world rally championship with Citroen.

"You never know but I will probably never return to Formula One," the 30-year-old told French sports daily L'Equipe.

"It's something I did for many years, I had many great moments. I won a world championship title, which is what I always wanted, but times have changed. Now I'm in rallying and there are many other things apart from Formula One in life."

Raikkonen would like to compete in the Le Mans 24-hour race.

"I would like to try but you need to find the right team," he said. "If you want to win, there are only two, Peugeot and Audi. One day, I hope, there will be an opportunity."

(Writing by Patrick VignaL, editing by Barry Moody)
Thanks Julia! :O

I must say I am worried and confused now!!! :blink:
Last edited by Ice-Ludy on 21 Aug 2010, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 21 Aug 2010, 14:01

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Julia wrote:hmmm... reuters has publiced this... there are quotes atleast I haven't seen before about le mans and life ;)... the unlikely comment is probably the same he said on thursday and then they asked about le mans on saturday and combine it to a nice article?

Thanks Julia! :O
+1
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 21 Aug 2010, 14:17

Kriss wrote:
valuk wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Because he is working so hard to learn, to improve and to achieve something. Not just driving around in the forest, he's taking it very seriously it seems. Everybody says he has potentials and he is doing very well being a rookie. And quitting before the results can come wouldn' be very smart, I think. :confused:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I look at it this way, he chose a new challenge, he will give his all to see if he could be successful in rally, but if he will think that he can´t be successful in rally and choose to quit, so what. I don't think that that time would be wasted, it is just life, you can't win them all. But as long as he is giving his 100%, I will enjoy watching him try.
Wolfie wrote: And Valuk, Kimi would never be satisfied to drive outside the top 5 -gang, he is too competitive for that, way too competitive.

If he comes to the conclusion that he doesn't have what it takes then we can be sure that he has thought it through long and hard.
Totally agree.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 21 Aug 2010, 14:54

valuk wrote:
Kriss wrote:
valuk wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I look at it this way, he chose a new challenge, he will give his all to see if he could be successful in rally, but if he will think that he can´t be successful in rally and choose to quit, so what. I don't think that that time would be wasted, it is just life, you can't win them all. But as long as he is giving his 100%, I will enjoy watching him try.
Wolfie wrote: And Valuk, Kimi would never be satisfied to drive outside the top 5 -gang, he is too competitive for that, way too competitive.

Totally agree.
Again; he has said it zillion times that he wanted to do a season with WRC. Now he´s having one. Every reasonable people knows by now and knew before the season that the path to win WRC is too long. The path shouldda been followed way earlier. Kimbo knows it by himself, no question about it. I´m one of those wanting him back in F1. But getting a bit worried by now; he may not want to make a come back. And when winning WRC is out of question.. I´m prepairing to head my life without him racing at all.

The key question is; come back or not. :confused:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 21 Aug 2010, 15:02

no come back :O

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 21 Aug 2010, 16:14

rko281 wrote:no come back :O
too bad :(

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 22 Aug 2010, 17:21

Raikkonen appears to turn his back on a return to Formula 1
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/08/raikkonen-appears-to-turn-his-back-on-a-return-to-formula-1/ wrote:I see that the leading French sports paper L’Equipe has an interview with Kimi Raikkonen this weekend, where he appears to close the door on F1 for good.

The 2007 world champion switched to rallying this season after being dropped by Ferrari in favour of Fernando Alonso. He joined forces with Red Bull and Citroen in WRC and this led to suggestions that his route back into F1 might be with the current championship leaders, but RBR team principal Christian Horner has always dismissed such suggestions and this weekend Raikkonen seems to be saying that he will not be back in F1,

“You never know, but I will probably not return to Formula 1,” he said. “I became the F1 world champion, which I had always wanted to do, but times have changed. I do rallying now and there is far more to life than F1.”

He always looked and behaved like a man who believed that there is far more to life than F1. Raikkonen disliked the politics in the sport and the intensity of the media scrutiny, especially at Ferrari. He found the sport rather inward looking, as it certainly can be. He is more temperamentally suited to the ambience of rallying.

Although he was never afraid of any competitor in F1, the level of driving is very high at the moment and with several top drivers in top cars, the competitions is probably as high as it has been for a couple of generations. To come back and face that he would have to be with a top team, like Red Bull, but as all the leading teams have at least one long term lead driver, there isn’t really a place for Raikkonen.

And Red Bull and Ferrari’s contrasting experiences this season of trying to handle two top drivers shows, it’s not easy to manage.

In rallying Raikkonen seems to be enjoying the challenge of building up a mental database of how the car behaves on the different surfaces, a process which takes many years and is the main challenge facing road racing converts such as him.

Therefore it makes little sense to do a year of rallying and then stop. Only with several years of experience will the results start to come.

“In racing, the surface of one circuit is not massively different to the surface of another, although there are some small changes, ” he says. “In rallying, the difference is huge on every event. There is so much variety on a rally: every kilometre and every corner is different. That’s why experience is so important in this sport. So I just need to keep on building up my knowledge.”

His fellow Finn Tommi Makinen believes that Raikkonen should stay in rallying and that he is having a good time in WRC,

“He seems to be happy,” he said.”Kimi is the kind of guy who wants to make success and find the best performance from himself. I’m sure he is the guy who is not giving up. That’s why I’m pretty sure he won’t jump out of rally yet. I’m pretty sure he will stay next year.”

F1 is the elite level of motorsport and it is where great talents should reside and live out their careers. It’s interesting that for personality and temperament reasons, both Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya ended up competing elsewhere, although Raikkonen did put in a nine year stint in F1, which is longer than most Finns, who historically don’t have very long F1 careers.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 23 Aug 2010, 03:04

Isn't this what he told MTV3?
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..