The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by sleenster » 17 Mar 2011, 19:35

SpaMaster wrote:What a stupid thing to say for Koivula! That is plain right slandering. Hair style means mama's boy because someone works for a competitor?
I think it's more a case of freedom of speech rather than slandering :lol:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 18 Mar 2011, 05:22

sleenster wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:What a stupid thing to say for Koivula! That is plain right slandering. Hair style means mama's boy because someone works for a competitor?
I think it's more a case of freedom of speech rather than slandering :lol:
Quick thinking Koivula to say Kimi is cool to Finnish TS. :lol:
Mama's boy or not Vettel is THE 2010 WDC. :1st:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 27 Mar 2011, 11:38

you maybe hear of the indycar las vegas challenge in oktober... if a outsider from the serie is winnig that competition he gets a fame and alot of money... Petter and villeneveur has already said they are interested... and MTV has also asked Kimi this weekend ... and well he doesnt say NO at this stage ... although he seems not to interested if he hasnt a realistic change on the tittle... as allways... :O :lol:

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... aastattelu

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 27 Mar 2011, 12:07

Awesome to see pics of Kimi helping out those kids and giving them a chance to fulfill their dreams. Kimi's so awesome it sucks.

I kinda understand what the Mad Croc guy is saying. What he said is purely from a branding/marketing perspective and I kinda agree with him *hides from Dheeban*

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 27 Mar 2011, 15:02

Well, Kimi is sponsored by the same competitor
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Mar 2011, 15:58

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/ralli/208313.html

Nicole's translation :hug:
Räikkönen promises to increase his speed next
Turun Sanomat 27.3 2011 22:55:23

Kimi Räikkönen has now drove this season's two rallies without making any bigger mistakes. In Sweden he was 8th and in Portugal he was 7th.

We didn't experience an afternoon flash like in Sweden - several stages in a row in top 5 - in Räikkönen's first rally on gravel.

– I'm kind of like a score-automaton, Räikkönen joked.

In Portugal Petter Solberg went past him on the powerstage with a bang.

– We knew he was coming since he was so close. We could have come totally super but we didn't take the risk, instead we came to the finish, Räikkönen said although he is always bugged when even one place is lost.

ICE1 Racing -team's Citroen came to Portugal with wrong setups. On Saturday the setups were right but they got the car to it's best only on Sunday. After the rally ended it would have been in the best stitch to start the race.

– At least we learned about the car when the setups weren't nearly what they should have been. I guess it's easier now to go to the next rally.

No surprising situations

Then what about the progress - do you feel that you took a step forward like in Sweden the second time?

– It didn't go exactly like that. This race was only driving. It made no sense to push too hard. Sure it went better when you really tried. We took it pretty peacefully almost all the time.

– When I have been driving more and got more experience those situations won't come up anymore. Next I have to try and drive faster now that the notes are kind of safe and listening to them has also improved. That way you won't run into those surprises, Räikkönen said.

If Rally Jordan is cancelled on Monday, then Räikkönen will participate in Rally Sardinia which wasn't in his preliminary schedule. :C:

Has Räikkönen caught up with the top drivers?

– Still an ice-figure skater won't start making goals in hockey at once because the genres are so different. In rally you can count with both hands fingers the requirements you have to master 100% in order to get in the same speed as the top. Kimi has learned a lot of each of those but not enough. The fact that he has such a good speed with this short training is a sign of talent, Kaj Lindström said.

Turun Sanomat, Faro

HEIKKI KULTA

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 28 Mar 2011, 16:50

Kriss wrote:http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/ralli/208313.html

Nicole's translation :hug:
Räikkönen promises to increase his speed next
Turun Sanomat 27.3 2011 22:55:23

Kimi Räikkönen has now drove this season's two rallies without making any bigger mistakes. In Sweden he was 8th and in Portugal he was 7th.

We didn't experience an afternoon flash like in Sweden - several stages in a row in top 5 - in Räikkönen's first rally on gravel.

– I'm kind of like a score-automaton, Räikkönen joked.

In Portugal Petter Solberg went past him on the powerstage with a bang.

– We knew he was coming since he was so close. We could have come totally super but we didn't take the risk, instead we came to the finish, Räikkönen said although he is always bugged when even one place is lost.

ICE1 Racing -team's Citroen came to Portugal with wrong setups. On Saturday the setups were right but they got the car to it's best only on Sunday. After the rally ended it would have been in the best stitch to start the race.

– At least we learned about the car when the setups weren't nearly what they should have been. I guess it's easier now to go to the next rally.

No surprising situations

Then what about the progress - do you feel that you took a step forward like in Sweden the second time?

– It didn't go exactly like that. This race was only driving. It made no sense to push too hard. Sure it went better when you really tried. We took it pretty peacefully almost all the time.

– When I have been driving more and got more experience those situations won't come up anymore. Next I have to try and drive faster now that the notes are kind of safe and listening to them has also improved. That way you won't run into those surprises, Räikkönen said.

If Rally Jordan is cancelled on Monday, then Räikkönen will participate in Rally Sardinia which wasn't in his preliminary schedule. :C:

Has Räikkönen caught up with the top drivers?

– Still an ice-figure skater won't start making goals in hockey at once because the genres are so different. In rally you can count with both hands fingers the requirements you have to master 100% in order to get in the same speed as the top. Kimi has learned a lot of each of those but not enough. The fact that he has such a good speed with this short training is a sign of talent, Kaj Lindström said.

Turun Sanomat, Faro

HEIKKI KULTA
Thanks Kriss and Thanks for Nicole for this translation

but according to the officeia site of Kimi
http://imgur.com/HAbwl
he participate in the rally of italy( sardinia )
Last edited by Sébastien Loeb on 28 Mar 2011, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 28 Mar 2011, 16:56

I know this sounds silly, but Kimi’s webpage is wrong :roll:: and Sardinia is not in the list of nominated rallies he gave to the FIA.

His team (Nogier) told that Kimi was going to Australia instead. As a matter of fact, as Kimi entered IceOne to the manufacturer’s championship, he must go to two rallies overseas (at least). In Kimi’s case it’s Jordan and Australia. Since he's only going to do 10 rallies this season, he had to leave one of the European rallies out. Sardinia was the perfect choice because it is supposed to dissapear from the championship again.
Last edited by Mar on 28 Mar 2011, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Mar 2011, 16:57

Sébastien Loeb wrote:
Thanks Kriss and Thanks for Nicole for this translation

but according to the officiel site of Kimi
http://imgur.com/HAbwl
he participate in the rally of italy
in this case I have no idea :huh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Mar 2011, 16:59

Mar wrote:I know this sounds silly, but Kimi’s webpage is wrong :roll:: and Sardinia is not in the list of nominated rallies he gave to the FIA.

His team (Nogier) told that Kimi was going to Australia instead. As a matter of fact, as Kimi entered IceOne to the manufacturer’s championship, he must go to two rallies overseas (at least). In Kimi’s case it’s Jordan and Australia. Since he's only going to do 10 rallies this season, he had to leave one of the European rallies out. Sardinia was the perfect choice because it is supposed to dissapear from the championship again.
Kimi is a very mysterious person :lol: even his own team doesn't know about his plans :cool:

Vers
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Vers » 29 Mar 2011, 13:00

According to TS Kimi will race in NASCAR.

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/muut/208768.html

EDIT: Same in English: http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/muut/208761.html

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 29 Mar 2011, 13:41

Vers wrote:According to TS Kimi will race in NASCAR.

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/muut/208768.html

EDIT: Same in English: http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/muut/208761.html
Is this really real? Its not April 1st yet... :huh:
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Mar 2011, 13:46

W..... T...... F...... :blink:

And... TS in english? :blink:

I just woke up in my side of the world... am I still dreaming? :blink:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Mar 2011, 13:54

What the... :blink:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 29 Mar 2011, 14:25

I join the club :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

i definitely didnt see that coming this year...

just checked the Nascar rumor we had last autumn... that Gilles guy was the person seen with Kimi in the last Nascar race.

so how much do we bet that Kimi is seriously interested in also doing the Las Vegas indycar-race in the autumn?

so is he going to test everything this year??? :lol: :lol: he is his own man without any obligations to a car-manufactor and has a lot of money to spent...