The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by zoefrances » 28 Apr 2011, 17:19

thank you for the photo's annelise.

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 29 Apr 2011, 09:05

Thanks! Lovely pictures! :hug: :) :)

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 29 Apr 2011, 22:35

In that one picture it almost seems as if Kimi has a Nokia T shirt on. Hmmm

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 01 May 2011, 06:36

Boudica wrote:In that one picture it almost seems as if Kimi has a Nokia T shirt on. Hmmm
No, it's "MAKIA" - like this one he wore in Rally Portugal :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 01 May 2011, 07:09

YiNing wrote:
Boudica wrote:In that one picture it almost seems as if Kimi has a Nokia T shirt on. Hmmm
No, it's "MAKIA" - like this one he wore in Rally Portugal :)

:lol: :lol: Kimi had disguised it really well for lots of us to believe its Nokia... &doh
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 03 May 2011, 11:49

24MAS Announces First Game Based on Kimi Räikkönen, Ice One Racing Franchise

STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--24MAS announced today the first in the series of sports racing titles based on the racing franchise of Kimi Räikkönen, Ice One Racing coming to iPhone, iPad and other smartphones. 24MAS has selected award winning PC and mobile developer BlackBox Interactive to develop the game, having participated in racing titles such as Supercross, ATV Offroad, TROPHYLITE Rally, X Games Snocross, and Ricky Carmichael’s Motocross Match-Up. The first game in the Kimi Räikkönen franchise will focus on four unique racing types, representative of Kimi’s experience and passion for each. The game will be shipping worldwide globally in late summer.

In April it was announced that Kimi Räikkönen is heading to the United States to drive in the premier race of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series to start of the 2011 season. The former Formula 1 champion will debut in the N.C. Education Lottery 200 in North Carolina on May 20th, teaming up with owner Kyle Busch. The next stop will be in Greece in the beginning of June where Kimi will participate in 2011 Acropolis: The Rally of Gods. In developing a game series based on Kimi Räikkönen, fans will have the opportunity to follow Räikkönen racing around the world. Providing a progressive play experience based on this multi-faceted platform will give players increased levels of difficulty and a means for which to engage with Kimi and his skill.

“We feel honored to have been selected to partner with 24MAS on the development of a mobile game for Kimi Räikkönen. We welcome him to the United States, and look forward to watching him excite his fans both on the track and in game as he takes on NASCAR as part of Kyle Busch’s team. We are excited to launch a game based on Kimi’s legacy and offer an extension of his already solid brand to his fans, whereby they can engage with him through devices they carry in their pockets," says Richard Cassey, President BlackBox.

"I'm happy with the choice of developer and the game design that will be coming to market. I've tried the first version and it looks really cool so I'm excited to see it once it gets out. As a fan of racing games myself I see The Ice One Racing game as a great opportunity for global brand awareness and an innovative, fun form of sports marketing. I'll be working closely with 24MAS for advertising and marketing initiatives globally," says Kimi Räikkönen.

"We are delighted to be working with BlackBox on the first installment of our new global racing franchise for smartphones. The combination of a world-class franchise of Kimi and a cutting edge development team, is going to give racing fans worldwide a great new experience on tablet and smartphone devices. We have lined up a unique global marketing and advertising partner around the game as well which we will be announcing shortly," says Tero Turunen, CEO 24MAS.

About 24MAS

24MAS is an established leader for targeted mobile advertising, applications and managed services in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, North America and Europe. Through distribution via mobile operators and media companies as well as partnership with publishers and handset manufacturers in five continents, 24MAS gives advertisers and application developers the opportunity to reach mobile subscribers in more than 80 countries via its application and advertising platforms.

Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, the company has been in business for over ten years and currently has 120 employees in seven global offices located in Stockholm, London, Zurich, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Lima. http://www.24mas.com.

About BlackBox Interactive

BlackBox Interactive is a digital media company that provides branded video games and mobile applications with innovative solutions to connect with customers through mobile technology. The Phoenix-based company creates customized interactive digital experiences through video games, mobile applications, dynamic advertising and their proprietary YourRealRewards.com platform.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... %B6nen-Ice
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 03 May 2011, 13:23

Many thanks luieluv! :cool:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 03 May 2011, 22:47

Karting: The Paris indoor race to use electric karts

By Stéphane Faucompré
Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The karts will be back at the Bercy sports centre in Paris next December, and this time the drivers will compete aboard the newest generation of electric karts.

The return of the event was expected for years. The official press conference announcing it was held this morning in Paris, unveiling the date of the ERDF Bercy Kart Masters 2011.

The first international races in the world for electric karts will take place on Saturday December 10th (evening) and Sunday 11 (afternoon) with the participation of several of the best drivers in the world.

Philippe Streiff, a former Grand Prix driver and organizer of the Masters in Bercy in the ‘90s, is heading this new project with ERDF, the provider of electric power in France.

While Alain Prost, Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna contested the Bercy event behind the wheel of gasoline-powered karts, the next races will take place with fully electric machines.

The French manufacturer Sodikart has been selected to supply the chassis. The electric motor is developing about 30 horsepower at 11,000 rpm, and the full weight of the machine is 114 kg (with 2 batteries located in the sidepods).

Jean-Eric Vergne, the Formula Renault 3.5 driver, tested the kart Electric SODI STX and declared he was fully enthusiastic. "The Sodikart electric kart is fantastic; its power is impressive, proving a vigorous and continuous kick. Since the weight is relatively low, the machine is also quite nimble. I am delighted to contest the Bercy event with this kart,” said Vergne.

Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastien Ogier have already confirmed their participation in December. Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton are also very interested to compete, but Philippe Streiff has yet to convince their teams and managers.
http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/o ... tid=130828

And this article also seems to say the same thing:
http://www.kartmag.fr/exclusif-1er-erdf ... -de-bercy/

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 04 May 2011, 06:55

thanks sleeny :hug:
Kimi drives everything and everywhere this year :80: only the the podracer is missing :cool:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 04 May 2011, 12:29

Many thanks Sleenster! :hug:

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 04 May 2011, 17:23

it will be cool to see kimi racing a kart. he should win :)

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 06 May 2011, 12:45

from ERDF Masters Kart 2011

google translation
Evidence of exceptional support to revive the legend of karting at Bercy

Alain Prost, a four F1 World Champion:

"I keep a great souvenir of the first edition of Bercy in 1993, after my fourth world title. Having the audience so close to the pilot in a fantastic atmosphere is the strength of this unique event. The "hero" Bercy 2011 will be a 100% electric kart developed by Sodikart. The ERDF Kart Masters and will open a new page of motorsports. I will closely monitor the evolution of the first season and I wish Philip all the success he deserves for this great project. "

Michael Schumacher, seven-time F1 World Champion Bercy winner in 1994 and 1996:

"The kart has always been part of my life, and I do as much as I can. When I came to Bercy few years ago, I did it to Philip, in tribute to his passion for karting. Since that time, the indoor karting has become a hobby in itself and a great show. I remember we took great pleasure in 1994 and 1996, and I'm sure it will again be the case when the Masters at Bercy Kart will be held in December. "

Sebastian Vettel, F1 World Champion 2010 and winner of "Junior" Bercy 2001:

"In 2001, at age 14 I won the last edition of the Paris Bercy Masters Juniors already wearing the colors of Red Bull. I have very fond memories incredible. Ten years later, I am delighted that Philippe Streiff happen again the Paris Masters Bercy with an electric kart racing, high performance. I remember the atmosphere at Bercy and the incredible show that was offered to viewers. I'm sure it will be very exciting again in December 2011 and that event will be the best promotion of karting which is the preferred category of most drivers. "

Lewis Hamilton, F1 World Champion 2008 and winner of Bercy Junior in 2000:

"The karting helped me become the driver I am today and I remember this period with great nostalgia. I also remember when I won in Bercy 2000. It was an incredible show in front of a super public where I had the opportunity to meet the world's best pilots. That single event and a very special day for young drivers. "

Sébastien Ogier WRC rally driver:

"We all do our karting for fun and to meet up with drivers from different disciplines at the end of the season will be a nice time and friendly. Doing a show 100% electric all on the same hardware will certainly be an exceptional event. I am happy to try this specially developed for kart Bercy.

Kimi Raikkonen, WRC rally driver and F1 World Champion 2007:

"I've never raced Bercy and this should be a great moment between drivers. I love karting and I look forward to flying in an indoor electric kart more fun and with so much power. This will be great to be in Paris for this event. "

David Coulthard, former F1 driver:

"I participated in the Paris Masters Bercy in 1994 and I got a lot of fun. Be back with electric karts will open a new dimension to the fans. I will attend on behalf of "Wings for Life" which I am sponsoring and which is engaged in research on spinal cord injury. "

Bernie Ecclestone, Formula One Management President:

"It's great that Philip has decided to bring the kart at Paris-Bercy. This will be the first show 100% electric, with drivers 'stars' and young karting drivers. This is the best promotion of karting, a discipline in which the drivers of motor sport began.

The fact that 4 of 5 world champions present the FIA ​​F1 starting grid of Formula 1 in 2011 have won the Paris-Bercy (Schumacher in 1994 & 1996, F. Alonso in 1998, L. Hamilton in 2000 and S . Vettel in 2001) is the best proof that we must be at Bercy. We need as much support as possible for karting at Bercy, which will hopefully have more French drivers in Formula 1

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 12 May 2011, 14:47

You have to try everything

Co-driver Kaj Lindström is relaxed about Kimi Raikkonen's NASCAR start. It will not negatively affect his WRC exploits.

May 20th is Kimi Raikkonen's NASCAR debut. The Finn will compete in 2011 both in the WRC and in some races in the NASCAR series. Co-driver Kaj Lindstrom does not have any doubts that the double load could negatively affect Raikkonen's performance level in the World Rally Championship. "Kimi has his NASCAR acitivites planned so that it does not affect our rallies," said Lindström.

Currently, the Citroen driver is ranked eight in the championship standings. "This is a nice success for the head and it gives the driver more confidence," says Lindström. Raikkonen's participation in NASCAR did not surprise him. "This is no surprise. You have to try everything, if you have the opportunity. Besides they have constantly requested for him, and he has just committed," said Lindström.
http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/rally ... ieren.html

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 12 May 2011, 17:35

thank you for the article sleenster. I hope kaj is right about kimi's decision