The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Ice-Ludy » 17 Feb 2011, 12:50

Kriss wrote:
Linda-Anne wrote:Doesnt it make you sick. This is why I am pleased Kimi is away from formula one and its journalists that are so desparate for a story they will take a couple of words from someone and make a huge story using their imagination.........priceless!
They cant sell thier bl*^dy papers unless they have something about Kimi in them!
+1 :thumbsup:
+2

Thanks for the article SpaMaster :thumbsup:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 18 Feb 2011, 04:40

^ Thanks should go to sleenster! :p I just quoted her post for my comments.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 18 Feb 2011, 13:22

Oops sorry, I didn't have time to read the article before posting :p

A side note: I have so many posts to catch up on :(

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 18 Feb 2011, 13:26

SpaMaster wrote:^ Thanks should go to sleenster! :p I just quoted her post for my comments.
:lol: So a HUGE hug for you both!!! :hug: :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Auni
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Auni » 18 Feb 2011, 19:06

Anelise wrote:Kimi on the Cover of Latest Autosport
OMG!!! :confused: We have a program on TV, and it was the same...they sad "exclusive interview with Räikkönen", Kimi was 10 seconds, he sad "I don't want to talk about F1" and thats all...exclusive interview??? Jesus! :<>:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 19 Feb 2011, 14:09

Auni wrote:
Anelise wrote:Kimi on the Cover of Latest Autosport
OMG!!! :confused: We have a program on TV, and it was the same...they sad "exclusive interview with Räikkönen", Kimi was 10 seconds, he sad "I don't want to talk about F1" and thats all...exclusive interview??? Jesus! :<>:

Thats what I am saying it really makes you sick. Thing is they slated Kimi all through his career in F1. They took much glee in reporting things about the torrid time with Ferrari of adding their fictious take on what they "thought" or rather "hoped" was happening. They took great delight when Kimi left F1 virually saying "Good riddance.........we are so pleased you have gone" Spent all of last year only reporting on Kimi if he crashed or span the car they conveniently "forgot" tho report when Kimi did well or the fact that in his first year he managed to finish 10th in the World drivers Championship in a sport thats completely different to F1 amongst the pressure of the likes of them watching and critisizing his every move. Then they have the audacity to "Invent" this cr"p on the front page of Autosport wrapped around a few words Kimi spoke just to close a question. Truth is these guys NEED Kimi and he so doesnt need them. Shame on them I say.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 19 Feb 2011, 14:37

Linda-Anne wrote: Truth is these guys NEED Kimi and he so doesnt need them. Shame on them I say.
Situation is just like you told. Kimi is still one of the most interested guy on F1 gang even he don't want to talk about F1 :cool: I hope so much that Kimi will made some great achievements on WRC. Then people must give appreciation fo Kimi as rally driver also.
I miss a babysitter

Auni
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Auni » 19 Feb 2011, 15:26

Moominpappa wrote:
Linda-Anne wrote: Truth is these guys NEED Kimi and he so doesnt need them. Shame on them I say.
Situation is just like you told. Kimi is still one of the most interested guy on F1 gang even he don't want to talk about F1 :cool: I hope so much that Kimi will made some great achievements on WRC. Then people must give appreciation fo Kimi as rally driver also.
F1 need him. They lost lots of fans. OK I'm watching every grand prix, but don't read articles, i don't care so much, than before, and i think, I'm not alone.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 Feb 2011, 16:05

Auni wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
F1 need him. They lost lots of fans. OK I'm watching every grand prix, but don't read articles, i don't care so much, than before, and i think, I'm not alone.
no, you are not :O
For the press Kimi remains a F1 driver until he makes some huge step forward in rally.

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 19 Feb 2011, 18:21

f1 does need kimi and it is not the same without him but kimi seems so much more relaxed and happier in the wrc.

Lady Snowcat
car driver
car driver

Post by Lady Snowcat » 19 Feb 2011, 18:42

Well guys would you rather have a picture of someone else on the front of Autosport?...

It quite made my day when it landed on the mat.... a very, very cute picture ...

I admit I leafed rapidly through to find the article and then found that it related to a couple of lines in the Heidfeld to Renault article (with another pic of the Kimster) but also some nice words in the Editorial saying that Kimi was an exciting driver, effectively indicating that he was missed in F1 but seemed to be doing well in WRC.... in other words he ranked a pic for no real article even when there was a big Mark Webber article ....

I'd have been very upset if I had supported Mr Heidfeld as he warranted no sizeable picture at all (I am not too surprised.... sorry Nick's fan(s)....)...

Just goes to show that they think that Kimi sells the magazine.... which I guess we'd say is pretty obvious....

And I am not complaining....

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 21 Feb 2011, 12:44

21 Feb 11
Raikkonen: there is still more to learn
Kimi Raikkonen says he still has plenty to learn despite scoring points on Rally Sweden earlier this month.

Raikkonen, the 2007 Formula One world champion, finished eighth on the world championship season-opener in his ICE 1 Racing Citroen DS3 WRC alongside co-driver Kaj Lindstrom.

The Finn has elected to skip next week’s Rally Guanajuato Mexico but will return to the WRC on Vodafone Rally de Portugal following a test on gravel, where he says the learning process will continue.

“Before [Sweden] we had only one day for testing so obviously there is much to learn,” the 31-year-old told his official website. “While the car felt good, still the race is the race and when you get very challenging and changeable weather it is difficult.

“Every time after the rally you feel you could have gone faster. But [the] most important feeling was this time [was] I have learned more and improved from last year. Sweden was a good start for the season. The next rally for us is Portugal. Before that we have a test. Now it’s time to start working to go well on gravel too.”

As well as adjusting to Citroen’s DS3, Raikkonen said he still had to make improvements to his pace notes.

“We still have to focus more on the pace notes,” said Raikkonen, who finished 10th in last season’s final WRC standings. “There were not that many places we had it wrong but there were some, we had to change before the second pass. If you get it wrong, it’s always very tricky to keep the car on the road. It’s challenging to work with pace notes that’s for sure.

“But it was great fun to get back racing again. We didn’t have any major problems and we seemed to get closer to the frontrunners. Actually it was pretty much an easy-going rally for us in very tricky circumstances.”
http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen-there ... ?fid=14181

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 21 Feb 2011, 13:02

thanks momo :hug:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 21 Feb 2011, 13:15

Grazie momo!!!! :hug:

F1note
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1note » 21 Feb 2011, 14:37

Kimi Raikkonen - WRC Rally Sweden 2011 review:
Closer to the front runners
It was great fun to get back racing, again and it was nice to get grips with the new car.
The weekend was quite OK. We didn¹t have any major problems, actually it was pretty much an easy-going rally for us in very tricky circumstances.
We seem to be getting closer to the front runners. Still they go very quick, but comparing the stage times we are not that much behind anymore. Obviously, it¹s still a learning curve for me and we have still a lot of things to do.
We finished the rally and the result is ok. We got some good points for me and Kaj and we got some good points to our ICE1 RACING team, too. The team did a good job. We are still learning from the car, but it¹s nice to drive. That's the main thing for now.

Before the first rally we had only one day for testing. While the car felt good, still the race is the race and when the you got very challenging and changeable weather, you have use some time to train in the first place. I can tell you, it was quite difficult. We spun and then we had a puncture, which cost us some time. But after that everything went well. I felt relaxed, the driving itself felt easy and we got some good stage times without pushing too much.
It's nice feeling while you don't have to wipe off the sweat from your forehead and sigh huh-huh, we managed to get the special stage through. I'm quite satisfied how we went the whole rally. It felt very normal driving all the time.
Obviously, there is much to learn. Still I have to focus more on the pace notes. There were not that many places we had it wrong, but there were some, we had to change before going there for the second time. If you get it wrong, it's always a very tricky task to keep the car on the road. It's challenging to work with pace notes. That¹s for sure.
Every time, after the rally, you feel you could have gone faster. But most importantly, I have learned more and improved from last year. Let's wait and see, how we go in the next few rallies.
Sweden was a good start for the season. The next rally for us is Portugal. Before that we have a test. Now it's time to start working to go well on gravel, too.
http://www.rallybuzz.com/kimi-raikkonen-wrc-progress/