The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Acropolis » 18 Jun 2010, 17:42

I remember it by name, but can't possibly bring it in front of my eyes....
A lot of time has passed. I only remember Bayville (?), we used to go for a swim and seafood...Also Stonybrook (?), Jones beach....
Some outlet malls where we could buy cheap clothing...I wish I could live those times again even if they were difficult!!!
I would do it again even if I had double the studying and half the money...

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 18 Jun 2010, 18:05

yes bayville , thats a great place great beach and good food, its funny you say bayville because i had some some of the best greek food i have eaten.what island do you have your summer house on? is the water that true deep color blue? Greece is on my list of places to visit before i leave this planet along with england, italy and of course Finland.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 18 Jun 2010, 18:15

Maria d wrote:i was watching a tv show on Finland and they showed a place called the land of 1000 silent people, they didnt say why they were, or who put the "people" in the field, does anyone know about this place? i would like to go and sit in the field with the silent people, i live in a place with millions of noisy people.
The Silent People

Background in English: http://www.kuutamokeikat.fi/18

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 18 Jun 2010, 18:20

The island is Evia, a big island separated from mainland by a bridge! It is very close to Athens. In some places the waters are turquoise blue...like in the Bahamas...I always think that I must visit at least all the greek islands before I leave this planet, but I don't think I'll make it, they are so many...I try to visit one or two every year, but then you get the ones you fall in love with and it's hard to keep up to the plan...I collect sand from each one to remember...It's funny how I have black, red, white, PINK,all kinds of sandy sand...
I have visited many places, but my target is Peru(Matchu Pitcu), Patagonia and Mauritius......

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 Jun 2010, 18:22

Dracaena wrote:
Maria d wrote:i was watching a tv show on Finland and they showed a place called the land of 1000 silent people, they didnt say why they were, or who put the "people" in the field, does anyone know about this place? i would like to go and sit in the field with the silent people, i live in a place with millions of noisy people.
The Silent People

Is this near Oulu? I remember that picture. This is special work of art.

I am been two Christmas in my friend's parents summer house with my wife and two kids and there was nobody near us (still Santa Claus visited!!!). I loved the silence and darkness. I want go to there some times lonely, but I think it's not possible when kids are small.
I miss a babysitter

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 18 Jun 2010, 18:25

Dracaena wrote:
The Silent People

Looks like a great piece of art....People seeing time and events go by, silent, pondering...( for me.....)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 18 Jun 2010, 18:29

Dracaena, thanks for the info...God, Finland looks so green and fresh!!!!

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 18 Jun 2010, 18:36

Moominpappa wrote:Is this near Oulu? I remember that picture. This is special work of art.
It's in Suomussalmi. When Maria d brought it up I immediately knew what she was talking about, I could see the picture in my head, but I didn't remember what it was called in Finnish or where it was. It really is special. I always say that art is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder, and for me this is definitely art :).

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 18 Jun 2010, 18:49

goodnight people....

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 Jun 2010, 18:51

Here is one picture at last Summer. I am a little fat :blush: Luckily kids and dog are not. I love that place and be so happy that I can be there even it is not my (I will never have enough money to buy a nice summer house near lake)
I miss a babysitter

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 18 Jun 2010, 19:06

Moominpappa wrote:Here is one picture at last Summer. I am a little fat :blush: Luckily kids and dog are not. I love that place and be so happy that I can be there even it is not my (I will never have enough money to buy a nice summer house near lake)
OMG Moominpappa, I can't believe how FAT you are :roll::!

Here's a close-up of one member of The Silent People. Can this girl pose or what, step aside Gisele Bundchen!

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 18 Jun 2010, 19:07

Dracaena wrote:
The Silent People

thank you, they say that they are waiting , but no one knows what they are waiting for,the person who created it will not say.maybe they are waiting for Kimi to tell us what he will do next year.thanks again for the pic,it was very kind of you.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 18 Jun 2010, 19:17

Acropolis wrote:The island is Evia, a big island separated from mainland by a bridge! It is very close to Athens. In some places the waters are turquoise blue...like in the Bahamas...I always think that I must visit at least all the greek islands before I leave this planet, but I don't think I'll make it, they are so many...I try to visit one or two every year, but then you get the ones you fall in love with and it's hard to keep up to the plan...I collect sand from each one to remember...It's funny how I have black, red, white, PINK,all kinds of sandy sand...
I have visited many places, but my target is Peru(Matchu Pitcu), Patagonia and Mauritius......
that sounds wonderful, most are different so it must be a new adventure on every island, we just have the north shore and south shore , the south is just tan sand, but the north is rocks, little pretty rocks. the water color is green(for now hope it does not turn oil black), i wish it was deep blue. i would love to see a beach with different color sand.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 18 Jun 2010, 19:19

moominpappa, you are not fat.

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Ice-Ludy » 18 Jun 2010, 19:57

WRC: Jean Alesi impressed by Kimi Raikkonen and his Citroën

Fellow former Ferrari race winner Jean Alesi is impressed with what Kimi Raikkonen has achieved so far in rallying.

The Finn is currently driving full-time in the world rally championship with Citroën in the Junior team.

"Imagine what it means for a driver to start anew in a discipline the exact opposite of what he has always done. For that, for his courage to challenge himself in such a way, I admire him," explains the french driver.

Italy's Autosprint magazine reports that majority Renault team owner Gerard Lopez wants to replace Vitaly Petrov with Kimi Raikkonen for 2011, to be the highly rated Pole Robert Kubica's new teammate.
http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/r ... tid=120148

And here is a sweet video with Kimi and Sebastian Vettel. Really cute! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28SXzkGctbI
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”