The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Mar » 17 Nov 2011, 09:43

luieluv wrote:just picked this up from another forum:

latest tweet.
German publication BILD reports tht Williams want to take a decision today abt their driver situation.
I read it on Monday night (now I can't find it any longer, no clue where Bild has hidden it) and it was a short note where Bild.de stated out of the blue, without quotes and even without "our sources say", Williams would make a decision/wanted to know by today.

It was written in such a way that, whatever happens, true or not, nobody can tell them they just wrote BS. They just have to say: "I never said there was going to be an announcement or that it would happen". Bild! :roll::

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 17 Nov 2011, 12:21

Valtteri Bottas ready for Formula 1 chance after Abu Dhabi test

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, November 17th 2011, 11:37 GMT

Valtteri Bottas says he feels ready for Formula 1 if he is given the chance by Williams for next year, following a good showing in the Abu Dhabi test this week.

The Finn is a contender to race alongside Pastor Maldonado in 2012, and team insiders had revealed that he would secure the drive if he did an impressive job during his outings for the outfit this week.

And although Bottas has only raced at Formula 3 and GP3 level, he does not believe he needs any more preparation time before he can show his talent in F1.

"Yes. I will be ready!" Bottas told AUTOSPORT about how equipped he felt he was for F1 if Williams decided to take him.

"I had a very good two days in Abu Dhabi. The team seemed to be quite happy and I was happy - and we got through all the tests that were planned. We got everything done, so that is very good for next year."

When asked if he believed he had done a solid enough job to show Williams exactly what he was capable of, he said: "I hope so! I hope I have proved myself."

Bottas believes a decision from Williams – which is also weighing up Kimi Raikkonen, Rubens Barrichello and Adrian Sutil – should be imminent.

"There is no news yet," he said. "There is no decision made, but it shouldn't be too long I guess."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96286
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 17 Nov 2011, 21:22

hi guys!
I just posted an article about Kimi and the whole mess with the Williams shares:

http://www.f1zone.net/news/raikkonen-wi ... res/10375/

According to AMuS, Kimi and his partners are trying to buy up to 20% of Williams

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 17 Nov 2011, 22:04

Thanks Mar. I still don't want to believe that Kimi goes to Williams. I put my hope to ICE1 Racing in WRC with DS3.
I miss a babysitter

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 18 Nov 2011, 10:05

And now (minutes ago) Autosprint says Kimi's plans are a bit different :lol: :

I'm not too good translating from Italian but I gave it a go:
Raikkonen dreams with Mercedes

Kimi will sign a contract for only one season with Williams

The only thing left is to make it official. But now, the return of Kimi Raikkonen to the F1 world is a done thing. The former Ferrari driver, after his experience in the World Rally Championship, is ready to sign a contract that will bind him, for a single season, with Williams.

But it would only be the first step for the Finn and his manager Steve Robertson, who are sounding the ground to land in 2013 in Mercedes. A project, in which the entourage of Raikkonen is also working to get the driver earn a similar salary to the one the former world champion had during his final years at Ferrari. In the meanwhile, the arrival of Kimi to Williams is essentially linked to a simultaneous agreement with the Bank of Qatar, sponsor of the transaction. Williams has nevertheless a B-plan, which, in Groove, they hope not to have to put into practice at this point. The third driver of the team, Valtteri Bottas, would be preferred over Adrian Sutil and Giedo Van der Garde
http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1 ... a+Mercedes

Autosprint is not very reliable, but at least it makes sense why Williams would be considering, at the moment, a world champion and a rookie at their two options. That didn't make any sense to me when I read it in Autosport yesterday. If you are negotiating with a world champion that has been out of the sport for a couple of years, your plan B is usually another driver with experience but not such a high curriculum (like Sutil), but not a rookie.

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 18 Nov 2011, 10:14

Moominpappa wrote:Thanks Mar. I still don't want to believe that Kimi goes to Williams. I put my hope to ICE1 Racing in WRC with DS3.

Mee too! :hug: This is getting grazier and grazier... :roll::

Maili85
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Maili85 » 18 Nov 2011, 15:39

Moominpappa wrote:Thanks Mar. I still don't want to believe that Kimi goes to Williams. I put my hope to ICE1 Racing in WRC with DS3.
Me too :pray:

F1: Boullier Admits Contact With Raikkonen’s Manager

F1: Boullier Admits Contact With Raikkonen’s Manager
Lotus Renault GP boss Eric Boullier says that he and Kimi Raikkonen's manager have talked about 2012...

Reports that Kimi Raikkonen is also eyeing the Renault team for next season appear accurate, with Eric Boullier confirming contact with the 2007 World Champion.

Asked about the former McLaren and Ferrari race winner on Friday, Renault chief Boullier answered: "What about him? I have just explained how we want to go about our driver lineup for next season."

Boullier had told F1.com that if Robert Kubica cannot return from injury in 2012, Romain Grosjean is at the top of the list to join Bruno Senna or Vitaly Petrov.

The Frenchman said "the driver market is closed anyway for 2012 so our priority is not to have a big name in the car but to have a fast car."

But Boullier also acknowledged that a "big name" driver would "help to make the car better," hence the Raikkonen question.

"Yes, there has been contact (with Raikkonen)," he told the interviewer. "Look at this call," added Boullier, holding up his mobile phone. "This was from his manager."

It was previously believed that Vitaly Petrov was definitely locked in for one 2012 seat, having signed a contract, but then came the Russian's astonishing outburst during an interview and the admission he might be ousted.

"Some steps on the matter have already been taken," admitted his manager Oksana Kossatchenko to RIA-Novosti news agency.

"The team's management decided to limit Vitaly Petrov's communication with the media," she revealed.
Source: http://www.f1zone.net/news/boullier-adm ... ger/10398/
:confused: :confused:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 19 Nov 2011, 09:49

i am bored with all of these articles.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 19 Nov 2011, 12:15

So am I!!

NewF1Boy
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by NewF1Boy » 21 Nov 2011, 18:04

This will be Williams best driver since Juan Pablo? Maybe even earlier than that?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 21 Nov 2011, 18:15

Mar wrote:hi guys!
I just posted an article about Kimi and the whole mess with the Williams shares:

http://www.f1zone.net/news/raikkonen-wi ... res/10375/

According to AMuS, Kimi and his partners are trying to buy up to 20% of Williams
Sorry I am late but great article Mar! :hug:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Nov 2011, 02:11

Seems like no kimi to williams. Instead its bottas who would make it

- http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1 ... tro+F.1%3F

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 23 Nov 2011, 07:26

luieluv wrote:Seems like no kimi to williams. Instead its bottas who would make it

- http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1 ... tro+F.1%3F
Well, if Williams don't announce anything this weekend then the deal is probably in trouble... ''hmm''

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 23 Nov 2011, 08:26

Oskari Saari (MTV3 F1 reporter) / Twitter:

"[Valtteri] Bottas to MTV3: Everything is the same than before. All options are open in principal but F1 is not very likely."