It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 17:55

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 08:37  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
Wolfie wrote:
Julia wrote:
Maria d wrote:
julia, to kick someone out with a contract has been done,they did it to kimi. I think mr. webbers true colors will come out, and he will move on. Ice ludy said it the best, mr webber is a o.k. driver in a great car, red bull needs a great driver in that great car.


yeah, i know.... but i think they paniced a lot after the vettel-webber crasch. If you read their own discussionforum webber was the martyre and Red Bull the big evil. So I just think that if webber doesn't do anything realy stupid/underperforms realy bad they try to cope with the situation and change him till 2012...


It became insane, Julia :(

I've met some of the victims that left the forum, they call themselves 'Turkish Refugees' which explains a lot. As far as I understood there was some kind of an invasion to the forum after Turkey.

What is interesting is that the chemistry between the drivers is not okay. It would be great to know what is going on there.

But like Maria, Kimi to Red Bull in 2011, F1!!!!


wasn't it? I followed it in the beginning and wow... all the conspiration theorists had found the same forum... but have to agree thet Red Bull did handle the post turkey pr quite clumsy. And even if they are saying that everyting is goog and there is a great spirit in the team its very hard to belive when vettel and webber's dislike to each other can be seen even in the main broadcasts. So they are definitly not planning a long term future whit them two together. So latest in 2012 they sign up whith another top driver or then one of the Torro Rosso guys get a Red Bull seat.

One intresting note is Kubica and 2012. Its hard to belive that he would sign a multipple year deal whit renault if he had the option of driving for Red Bull in 2012. So he probably has/is checking it out before he signs a longer deal for renault. Hes manager was quoted in some paper a time ago that they are focusing on 2012 already. So has he got a no from Red Bull when he implies that he is probably ready to sign fore renault for a longer term?

and on the rally side as apple said what out for Loeb... it's changes quite a lot if Loeb says he is done whith rally. And on the other hand it also have a affect on the rally driver market (and KImis decicion?) if Loeb signs for another two-trea years.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 08:52  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
SpaMaster wrote:
luieluv wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
Brenda: It is tough to predict which car will be top next year. The best way to go about it is to go for a sure and tested team. Red Bull may not be very reliable, but it is a top car and it is in the fight for championship in spite of all the problems. McLaren and Red Bull are the only two teams one can confidently say as top teams (Ferrari is out of question). I can't see Renault to be the kind of team Kimi described now.

Its a matter of how Renault can sell themselves to Kimi. Lopez would try and give it all and if mastercard (almost sure) and nokia (in the air) pump in money then there is no reason why Kimi Raikkonen cant be lured and convinced that the team has the budget to compete for the WDC. Then it all depends on the team as to how good a package can be created for 2011.

How much money can Renault spend? As much as Toyota and Honda? I don't think Kimi would be sold on that. :p How can Renault prove that they have the people to make championship winning car? Trend from 2007, 2008, 2009 suggests that there is no reason to believe so. They are what 4th or 5th best car this year? Kimi is quite serious about rally. We all have seen how much effort he has put into his pace notes, listening, testing, etc. and he has taken a very studious and methodical approach. Nothing less than a top car offer would interest Kimi. Red Bull seat, be it in 2010 or 2011, seems like the most plausible F1 option for now.

I do understand your point of view. But my opinion is also based on the fact that if Kimi would like to make a stop gap arrangement then renault for one year would serve his purpose. The way i look at this arrangement is that Kimi could be convinced looking at the earnest approach by Renault coupled with decent budgets. Say this could be an interim year for Kimi to access his driving and make sure that he jumps in to the cockpit of RBR come 2012. In the meanwhile he would be allow to do Rallying.

As for your point of Kimi being serious with Rallying i totally agree. But if he is to opt for WRC this year then he would carry his seriousness and passion for Rally in the coming years too. This almost closes the door on F1. I feel this thing will have a crazy end to the speculations going around and i for one feel we are in for a roller coster ride between F1 and WRC. We never know what will happen.

Never say Never. Anything and everything is Possible. :)

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 10:17  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 15:45
Posts: 228
Location: Brasil/Suomi
Renault rumours revealed

Quote:
Robert Kubica has had a successful start to 2010 season together with Renault. The pole has been on the podium both in Australia and Monaco and is sixth in the standings ahead of names such as Massa, Rosberg and Schumacher. Not only that, he has scored a whopping 93 percent of all points for Renault so far.

It is therefore only natural that rumours start circulating about him. First it was “Kubica to Ferrari in 2011” as replacement to Massa. Then it was “Kubica to Mercedes” as replacement to Schumacher. However, that rumour has slowly crumbled as Mercedes’ results have done much the same and is now deemed not plausible because Mercedes is seen as not up to par with the driver skills of Kubica.

The latest rumour is that Kubica will sign a long term contract with Renault as the number one driver of a renewed effort from the Enstone squad to make it to the top of the podium again, fuelled with a fresh inflow of dollars and/or euros from high profile sponsors.

As the story hit the news prints yesterday with Autosport it was said that Master Card was looking to pour money into the team as new title sponsors for 2011 and onwards. For some reason Kimi Raikkonen was also mentioned as a potential team mate.

It later became apparent that the Raikkonen part of the story came about due to two parallel rumours. The first was that Nokia is also looking at way into formula one and has sounded out Renault for potential partnership. With Nokia being Finish the step to Raikkonen was not far off. The second was that the motorsport chief of new tyre supplier Pirelli mentioned to the finish paper Turun Sanomat that he did not know if Raikkonen would be interested in a F1 comeback when the cars run on Pirelli tyres. These two rumours was apparently enough to fuel the Raikkonen story to the front page.

Sources within the paddock label the Raikkonen story as bulls**t. The Finn still has a lot to accomplish in Rally and certainly don’t need the money from a potential link-up with Nokia. Besides, just one year ago he couldn’t find the motivation to perform with Ferrari – so why suddenly find the motivation for a long term commitment to re-build Renault as wing-man to Kubica?

From what F1traction have heard when putting an ear to the paddock ground the Master Card story is all but confirmed, and the Nokia story has merit although Renault is only one of the teams sounded out for potential sponsorship. The story about Kubica committing long term is true in the sense that all commitments in F1 can be broken with a sack of dollars and wink from Bernie. The contract that is being drawn up is supposedly a three year contract with all sorts of get-out clauses for Kubica at the end of each year either if the team does not perform or if he is offered a drive for a “better” team. If sources are to be believed the new contract should be official next week.

http://www.f1traction.com/html/news_100701.html

_________________
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 10:41  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Arli Racegirl wrote:
Renault rumours revealed

Quote:
Robert Kubica has had a successful start to 2010 season together with Renault. The pole has been on the podium both in Australia and Monaco and is sixth in the standings ahead of names such as Massa, Rosberg and Schumacher. Not only that, he has scored a whopping 93 percent of all points for Renault so far.

It is therefore only natural that rumours start circulating about him. First it was “Kubica to Ferrari in 2011” as replacement to Massa. Then it was “Kubica to Mercedes” as replacement to Schumacher. However, that rumour has slowly crumbled as Mercedes’ results have done much the same and is now deemed not plausible because Mercedes is seen as not up to par with the driver skills of Kubica.

The latest rumour is that Kubica will sign a long term contract with Renault as the number one driver of a renewed effort from the Enstone squad to make it to the top of the podium again, fuelled with a fresh inflow of dollars and/or euros from high profile sponsors.

As the story hit the news prints yesterday with Autosport it was said that Master Card was looking to pour money into the team as new title sponsors for 2011 and onwards. For some reason Kimi Raikkonen was also mentioned as a potential team mate.

It later became apparent that the Raikkonen part of the story came about due to two parallel rumours. The first was that Nokia is also looking at way into formula one and has sounded out Renault for potential partnership. With Nokia being Finish the step to Raikkonen was not far off. The second was that the motorsport chief of new tyre supplier Pirelli mentioned to the finish paper Turun Sanomat that he did not know if Raikkonen would be interested in a F1 comeback when the cars run on Pirelli tyres. These two rumours was apparently enough to fuel the Raikkonen story to the front page.

Sources within the paddock label the Raikkonen story as bulls**t. The Finn still has a lot to accomplish in Rally and certainly don’t need the money from a potential link-up with Nokia. Besides, just one year ago he couldn’t find the motivation to perform with Ferrari – so why suddenly find the motivation for a long term commitment to re-build Renault as wing-man to Kubica?

From what F1traction have heard when putting an ear to the paddock ground the Master Card story is all but confirmed, and the Nokia story has merit although Renault is only one of the teams sounded out for potential sponsorship. The story about Kubica committing long term is true in the sense that all commitments in F1 can be broken with a sack of dollars and wink from Bernie. The contract that is being drawn up is supposedly a three year contract with all sorts of get-out clauses for Kubica at the end of each year either if the team does not perform or if he is offered a drive for a “better” team. If sources are to be believed the new contract should be official next week.

http://www.f1traction.com/html/news_100701.html

This underlined part is as trash as media or whoever who has so called revealed the rumor can get. Totally rubbish and instead i feel this "Renault rumor revealed" is a possibly hoax article.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:12  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Posts: 949
Location: Bahamas
sammyosammy wrote:
Woah...slept very well last night. Must be because of that, I finally figured it out..

Webbo will have a decent future - with Renault. Starting 2011. Kimi and his tyre knowledge - thanks to 10.000 miles of testing for Pirelli - finally brings the WDC for RBR. No one remembers the unlucky season 2010, Vettel loosing it to Hammy by one point...

:wave:


How much is it for that crystal ball of yours?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:15  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Posts: 949
Location: Bahamas
Wolfie wrote:
That's just it Bourbon, we got nothing. Who even talked about Renault in the beginning of the season?

But so I won't go crazy with all the massive amount of options - both in WRC and F1 - I'll stick with what Leo Turrini keeps on saying - ever since Kimi was sacked - that Kimi has a long contract with Red Bull and will be in F1 in 2011 and he reminds again and again that contracts in F1 are like toilet paper and that those following Kimi should know it already.

Therefore, the easiest choice to focus on is Kimi to Red Bull alongside Vettel in 2011 - whatever happens, happens.

When Kimi was sacked all the possible scenarious were gone through - except the one that was the right one - Red Bull and WRC.

Kimi if anybody knows how to keep things to himself and Red Bull wasn't either 'leaking' out anything.

Year 2009 was so shocking that it's also shocking how some have already forgotten that contracts don't count for anything in F1.

Yet again; it's not any personal wish, it's only focusing on one single thing until it's clear what happens.


You really think Kimi will be at Red Bull in 2011? I don't see that happening, although you are talking about contracts being broken, why would Red Bull offer Mark Webber a one year deal, after what happened in Turkey? That incident has caused some friction in the team.

I have just ranted and i don't know what my point is. :blink: :( :confused:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:26  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 07:16
Posts: 332
RagingJamaican wrote:

You really think Kimi will be at Red Bull in 2011? I don't see that happening, although you are talking about contracts being broken, why would Red Bull offer Mark Webber a one year deal, after what happened in Turkey? That incident has caused some friction in the team.

I have just ranted and i don't know what my point is. :blink: :( :confused:


maybe turkey is the reason they announced a contract ? :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:30  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Posts: 949
Location: Bahamas
realms wrote:
RagingJamaican wrote:

You really think Kimi will be at Red Bull in 2011? I don't see that happening, although you are talking about contracts being broken, why would Red Bull offer Mark Webber a one year deal, after what happened in Turkey? That incident has caused some friction in the team.

I have just ranted and i don't know what my point is. :blink: :( :confused:


maybe turkey is the reason they announced a contract ? :)


Again, to me, that makes no sense. Although i am not the brightest guy in the world.

Why would they prefer two drivers becoming like Hamilton and Alonso?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:36  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jun 2010, 10:49
Posts: 1415
Location: Texas
They didn't do it with intent to keep him. They signed Webbo because the team was getting drilled in the press about how it looked like they threw Webbo under the bus and were protecting their boy Vettel.

Had a bit too much "Bob Marley" this morning??? All fun and games!

_________________
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:41  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Posts: 949
Location: Bahamas
redstorm wrote:
They didn't do it with intent to keep him. They signed Webbo because the team was getting drilled in the press about how it looked like they threw Webbo under the bus and were protecting their boy Vettel.

Had a bit too much "Bob Marley" this morning??? All fun and games!


You should try some of the "Bob Marley" stuff, although i don't smoke and never have :p

If i was Red Bull i would back Vettel aswell, i still think it was a bit more Webbers fault for that incident.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:41  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Posts: 1771
Location: New York
red bull has plenty of money to throw away, just watch a nascar race, they throw millions away every year with that team, so buying out mr webber is nothing to them, money wise.

_________________
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:44  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Posts: 949
Location: Bahamas
Maria d wrote:
red bull has plenty of money to throw away, just watch a nascar race, they throw millions away every year with that team, so buying out mr webber is nothing to them, money wise.


You have a point, but Mark Webber and Christian Horner are like best buds. Also i only see them dropping Webber if they change engine supplier, which looks unlikely.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:51  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
RagingJamaican wrote:
Maria d wrote:
red bull has plenty of money to throw away, just watch a nascar race, they throw millions away every year with that team, so buying out mr webber is nothing to them, money wise.


You have a point, but Mark Webber and Christian Horner are like best buds. Also i only see them dropping Webber if they change engine supplier, which looks unlikely.


i dont think that they will change an engine supplier...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 14:57  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
RagingJamaican wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Woah...slept very well last night. Must be because of that, I finally figured it out..

Webbo will have a decent future - with Renault. Starting 2011. Kimi and his tyre knowledge - thanks to 10.000 miles of testing for Pirelli - finally brings the WDC for RBR. No one remembers the unlucky season 2010, Vettel loosing it to Hammy by one point...

:wave:


How much is it for that crystal ball of yours?


Maybe it is two points.. :lol:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 16:18  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 15:45
Posts: 228
Location: Brasil/Suomi
Something new??

Räikkösen manageri kiistää Renault-neuvottelut
http://elisa.net/uutiset/urheilu/mootto ... /?id=84476

_________________
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB