Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by apple » 11 Jun 2010, 17:10

Wolfie wrote:
Dracaena wrote:
bourbon wrote:It is interesting to hear another say Raikkonen has a talent for it, even if it is his friend and could have bias - but here it wouldn't make sense for him to say it to Finlanders - when it is such a popular sport there.
We have so many things we can be proud of :lol:

Sorry if somebody is a fan of Finlanders :blush:
Well, we used to dance with my hubby 3 times a week and saw Finlanders a lot :<>: Hate the guy that sings but they play well, if you want to dance. :n

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Jun 2010, 17:30

apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Dracaena wrote:
bourbon wrote:It is interesting to hear another say Raikkonen has a talent for it, even if it is his friend and could have bias - but here it wouldn't make sense for him to say it to Finlanders - when it is such a popular sport there.

Well, we used to dance with my hubby 3 times a week and saw Finlanders a lot :<>: Hate the guy that sings but they play well, if you want to dance. :n
How many albums of Finnhits do you have :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 11 Jun 2010, 17:36

Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Dracaena wrote:

How many albums of Finnhits do you have :lol:

None :cool:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Jun 2010, 17:42

apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote: How many albums of Finnhits do you have :lol:

I don't believe you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking :blush:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 11 Jun 2010, 17:56

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 11 Jun 2010, 17:57

Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote: How many albums of Finnhits do you have :lol:

I don't believe you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking :blush:
I do have notes though..but havent been playing them for ages. My albums are mostly Eric Clapton,JJ Cale,ELO, Michael Bubble...Dire Straits and so on.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 11 Jun 2010, 17:58

Vida wrote:Apple this one is for you :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRQfrTy1 ... re=related
Oh,dear :lol: I know a thing or two about the singer and just cant stand the guy :<>:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 12 Jun 2010, 02:21

That was a nice interview from Seb, Nicole. I am surprised how much he appreciates Kimi's rally skills - a driver knows.

I have to agree with apple on what Kimi's plans would be. It does not look like Kimi has even enquired about the Red Bull seat this year. Red Bull must have felt this coming quite a while back. Kimi has not quite shut the door on F1 yet. I guess we will know next year. I am happy either way. If he stays in rally, it would only mean he is trying to do some great things there. That can't be too bad, eh? :cool:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 14 Jun 2010, 18:01

SpaMaster wrote:That was a nice interview from Seb, Nicole. I am surprised how much he appreciates Kimi's rally skills - a driver knows.

I have to agree with apple on what Kimi's plans would be. It does not look like Kimi has even enquired about the Red Bull seat this year. Red Bull must have felt this coming quite a while back. Kimi has not quite shut the door on F1 yet. I guess we will know next year. I am happy either way. If he stays in rally, it would only mean he is trying to do some great things there. That can't be too bad, eh? :cool:
Seb really seems to be a close and good friend to Kimi, Dheeban :shhh:

I started to think about something, Kimi has this close circle of friends and they tell nothing about his business, I imagine Seb is in the circle too. So no matter how much they ask them they are not going to tell anything about Kimi's future plans.

Kimi's friend is this Matti Nykänen, always involved in scandals and he is deliberately selling stories to the papers - yet he has never leaked out anything about Kimi, never.

Now Leijona translated Heikki Kulta's interview with Teemu Selänne, Kimi's friend also, and he acts as if he knows nothing :roll::

When nobody knew where Kimi would go after McLaren, this hockey-boss Hjallis Harkimo who was always on tv, even with Anna Sorainen who was Kimi's personal assistant at the time, said time after time that he has no idea. After it was revealed that Kimi goes to Ferrari he said that he knew it all along.

My guess is that Kimi knows exactly what he is going to do in the future and people like Vettel, Selänne, Nykänen etc. know the plans but won't say anything about it to the public.

This is the interview Leijona translated:

Selänne's enthusiasm for F1 continues without Räikkönen
Turun Sanomat 14.6 2010 00:50:06

Teemu Selänne, who belongs among the icehockey's NHL-legends, is turning the Canadian media's head in Montreal Grand Prix-paddock for the first time.

- I have seen many F1-races on tracks, but not this one. Canada always offers such a spectacle race that I have craved to come and watch it live, but before this I just haven't had the time, Selänne explains.

- I have had a breaks other times too. Especially when Kimi's car performed well, it was great to go and watch F1. Last year was difficult for them, so I didn't go and watch it then.

Usually when Selänne appeared on the paddock, there was a Finnish-victory as if by magic.

- Those are the greates experiences, when a Finn wins, Teemu thanks.

Selänne follows F1-broadcasts closely at his home in Anaheim.

- I still stumble out of bed at 4.30am when a race comes from TV - apart from the days when I have a match. Then I record a race and watch it later.

Selänne mentions that his all-time favourite battles were with Michael Schumacher and Mika Häkkinen.

- Especially those races were so awesome to watch. Michael is the kind of all-time favourite for me, but it seems to be difficult even for him to do a comeback after a long break.

- Then there's of course Kimi and other Finnish drivers. I don't believe these races would be so fun to follow without Finns. We have been privileged to have so many Finns on top for so long. Now Heikki (Kovalainen) is at Lotus, but it's a long project. It would be too easy if a new team came and immediately started to win.

Hats off to rally-Kimi

Selänne tells that he follows also rally very closely - especially now that his friend Räikkönen drives there.

- He's an exceptional driver. With the experience Kimi has of rally, he is able to pull off performances like that. People don't have a clue how tough it is and what a big deal it is that Kimi has been able to adapt to a totally different thing so quickly.

Selänne has been pondering could Räikkönen still go back to F1-cars.

- I have been thinking, does Kimi want to go back and where would he go, because I know that he doesn't want to go to any bad team.

Selänne will spend his summer for a while in California where his children's school lasts for couple more weeks. Then they head to Finland.

- Usually we have bumped into Kimi somewhere. He is of course very busy and now in rally the timetable is different.

Selänne will be turning 40 years in the beginning of July and his hockey-career is once again in a big crossroad. On the other signpost it says "end of career", on the other "one more season more".

- I'm waiting now in what direction the team wants to go. If they go for a rejuventaion cut and start to build a new team, then I won't be playing anymore.

- The situation is a little bit the same as with Kimi in F1 - he won't go back to the bottom teams either, Selänne compares.

Turun Sanomat, Montreal

HEIKKI KULTA

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 14 Jun 2010, 19:03

This is good from Kimi's point of view ;)

McLaren would take Loeb into their third car

Turun Sanomat 14.6 2010 21:20:33

McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh supports Luca di Montezemolo's idea of top teams having three cars.

– Ferrari would want Valentino Rossi to the third car. We would happily take Sebastien Loeb, Whitmarsh told Italian Tuttosport-magazine.

Whitmarsh told that his team is also monitoring the Nascar-serie to see if they could find a suitable star to a possible third McLaren.

TS/Rooma

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 14 Jun 2010, 19:22

Seems that Renaults owner dreams of having Kimi and Kubica in their team next year:

http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1 ... +Raikkonen

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Jun 2010, 19:39

Too bad my italian just happens to be, eeeeh, bit rusty nowadays.. :zz: :zz:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 14 Jun 2010, 19:50

hey, the only Italian word I can is ciao but for people like us there is always the wonderful google translate
Formula 1: Renault bets on Raikkonen

The financier Gerard Lopez wants the Finnish former world champion and Citroen driver today in the world rally championship, alongside Kubica

The owner of Capital Financial Genes that has control of the Renault Formula 1 team, the financier Gerard Lopez, dreams of a park-pilots for next year with Poland's Robert Kubica and the 31 year old Finn Kimi Raikkonen, world champion in 2007 who Formula 1 at the moment is put behind him and is working in another specialty, the world faces as a rally driver's official French Citroen. The chances that the former Ferrari driver acceptance are very scarce. Also because Raikkonen has repeatedly argued that sees 2010 as a year of apprenticeship in the rallies in preparation for a season in which that will point up.
Renault F1 also affects the 27-year old German Adrian Sutil, who after four years the Force India would change the jacket and glimpsed in the Anglo-French team the only alternative to its current roster. Everything - the ambition Raikkonen, Sutil possible - suggests that Russian Valery Petrov will be replaced: it would contribute to the collection of points in the constructors' championship. Renault F1 mean that the important economic revenue.
About the experience of Raikkonen in the rally, many considered bad due to lack of results of some significance, the former Ferrari driver Jean Alesi has recently defended the Finn: "I am convinced that what Kimi is doing is really in rallies valuable. Imagine what it means for a pilot to start anew in a specialty that is the exact opposite of what he has always competed. For what it's doing, for the courage to face a challenge to himself so hard, I admire him. "
there you go, served on a silverplate :cool:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Jun 2010, 20:02

Cheers Julia, did that also.. :wave: :wave:

(maybe he "would like" to see Kimi but it´s a long way to "could get"..?)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 14 Jun 2010, 20:27

Wolfie wrote:This is good from Kimi's point of view ;)

McLaren would take Loeb into their third car

Turun Sanomat 14.6 2010 21:20:33

McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh supports Luca di Montezemolo's idea of top teams having three cars.

– Ferrari would want Valentino Rossi to the third car. We would happily take Sebastien Loeb, Whitmarsh told Italian Tuttosport-magazine.

Whitmarsh told that his team is also monitoring the Nascar-serie to see if they could find a suitable star to a possible third McLaren.

TS/Rooma
nascar :lol: no one i could think of that would even come close, except Tony Stewart, but he is well past his prime.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen