It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 01:00

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 11:18  
GP2 Driver

Off-Topic: show

hmm, imag(e)ine :zz:

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 12:03  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:
But if I had to choose, rather a glass car than a shopping kart :pray:

an understeering one... :<>:

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 14:06  
F1 Driver

Welcome, redstorm... first post was a cracker :D You're gonna love it here :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 16:31  
F1 Driver

redstorm wrote:
The Twitter response says it all really. Not "it's all great here guys teams fine" but " thanks for the support". A trusted source close to Webber said he is letting the team hang themselves. I would be shocked if he is there next year. Kimi has the seat if he wants it. Hope he takes it, look at what a year that would be! Schui Kibi Fred Kimi and Hammy all on different potential winning teams. Drool.

Fred took down the Evil Schui Empire so he is my guy, but I would be ok with Kimi getting his revenge championship. I'm just afraid Newey would give him another glass car and he won't be able to show his stuff again.

hopefully kimi take that seat... :pray: :pray: :pray:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 17:21  
F1 Routinier

A Tweet Update :

byronf1

Mark Webber to sign a new £8m deal with Red Bull before Canada or in GP week ? Sounds likely to me.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 17:30  
F1 Driver

luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

byronf1

Mark Webber to sign a new £8m deal with Red Bull before Canada or in GP week ? Sounds likely to me.

It's not that I prefer him to be in F1.
I just want him to be the one to make a decision.....I can't stand reading the "no place for Kimi"......I prefer the "Kimi decided he didn't want to be in F1...."
Oh brother..... :(
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 18:13  
kart driver

Acropolis wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

byronf1

It's not that I prefer him to be in F1.
I just want him to be the one to make a decision.....I can't stand reading the "no place for Kimi"......I prefer the "Kimi decided he didn't want to be in F1...."
Oh brother..... :(

I agree Acropolis, as long it was on his terms then I am happy. Although I don't know why all the 'silence' from the Kimi camp. Perhaps they can't officially commit to Rally until they sort out the contract for next year.

All in all though, if this is the offical end of his F1 career it's been an amazing journey and I wouldn't change all the highs and lows for anything. And maybe, just maybe we could be celebrating another championship (WRC) in a couple of years, which truly would be incredible :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:43  
GP2 Driver

At the end of 2009 when he announced his start in WRC, he knew what he'll do in 2011.
What he's been saying for the past months that he hasn't decided yet, it's smoke screen, there are contracts, sponsors involved and he can't say yet what he'll do.
Of course the plans for 2011 are not 100%sure because in motorsports things change in a year, but 99% he has set the plans.

What you read about RedBull, one week the press says he's there, next week the press says he wont.
C'mon people, you know that 99% of the press has an agenda and most wrote what some teams want to so that they have the bargaining power in negociations.

So, please all...chill out a bit! Am I the only one who is cool about all the rumors and plans?

P.S. As Iceman's fans, you are a little too stressed :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:49  
F1 Driver

rko281 wrote:
At the end of 2009 when he announced his start in WRC, he knew what he'll do in 2011.
What he's been saying for the past months that he hasn't decided yet, it's smoke screen, there are contracts, sponsors involved and he can't say yet what he'll do.
Of course the plans for 2011 are not 100%sure because in motorsports things change in a year, but 99% he has set the plans.

What you read about RedBull, one week the press says he's there, next week the press says he wont.
C'mon people, you know that 99% of the press has an agenda and most wrote what some teams want to so that they have the bargaining power in negociations.

So, please all...chill out a bit! Am I the only one who is cool about all the rumors and plans?

P.S. As Iceman's fans, you are a little too stressed :lol:

I know, I say it too but my head doesn't listen.....He is cool.....He has the money, the glory, the life, everything...
And I bet he does not give a s*** about what they say....but we get carried away and get stressed.....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:52  
F1 Routinier

i agree and if we were to keep in mind that its a really really long F1 season and in case of Mark and Red Bull, ideally no one should be in a hurry.

Mark should not be in a hurry as his stakes are huge right now.

And Red Bull should not commit now as they know they have Kimi as an option if at all Webber fails in the second half or goes away elsewhere.

So both the part webber and RBR would start on a equal footing if webber was to sign now but i am sure RBR would like to have an upper hand while signing the contract and hence i presume that RBR would delay the process as much as they can

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:57  
GP2 Driver

luieluv wrote:
i agree and if we were to keep in mind that its a really really long F1 season and in case of Mark and Red Bull, ideally no one should be in a hurry.

Mark should not be in a hurry as his stakes are huge right now.

And Red Bull should not commit now as they know they have Kimi as an option if at all Webber fails in the second half or goes away elsewhere.

So both the part webber and RBR would start on a equal footing if webber was to sign now but i am sure RBR would like to have an upper hand while signing the contract and hence i presume that RBR would delay the process as much as they can

Here, I believed the opposite, they will announce soon that Mark was signed for another year.
But, if he will indeed be driving a RedBull in 2011 can't be 100%sure (as contracts are being broken....).
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 20:02  
F1 Driver

rko281 wrote:

You must be right!!! :thumbsup: I got carried away all the time because of this f.cking media! :lol:

All should follow the Räikkönen way, take it easy and do not worry too much. But, if your name isn't Kimi Räikkönen, it's so hard. At least for me it is. :(

Someone said that he must be sure about his future if he goes partying and live his life in total calmness... why, oh why we are so stressed about it all the time. Thinking he doesn't give a sh.t... :lol:

One thing though: why to wait for RB to sign a contract with Webber to break it later? Why don't they just sign it now with Kimi? :huh: Why Kimi's waiting? :confused:

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 21:13  
F1 Driver

^ If anything behind the scenes really is up RB will sign Webber fast just to ease the media blitz. If it's all media made up anyway then they will do their own thing anyway. That's not to say they might not sign him fast to ease the media AND actually want to keep him.....

Still just find the whole demeanor of Webber to be a little suspect. It might just be the pressure of leading the WDC but things just seem strained between all involved drivers to management.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 22:15  
GP2 Driver

Quote:
Well why doesn't he say : I don't care about F1 no matter how many doors are open and I will continue with rally or whatever....
What bothers me is that sometimes the impression given is that he wants and "they" don't...

I don´t know :O

If there won´t be a decision presented from RBR or Kimi or whoever in the next few days, it will be good lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 22:26  
F1 Rookie

Another article on the future of Kimi:

Quote:
What next for Kimi Raikkonen?
by Noah Joseph (RSS feed) on Jun 3rd 2010 at 5:59PM

Every F1 season has its wild cards, but in his typical style, few have proven as wild as Kimi Raikkonen. When Ferrari cut his contract short at the end of last season, the 2007 world champion – who came within spitting distance of stealing the title in 2003 and 2005 too – shocked the motor racing world when he simply packed his helmet and switched disciplines to the World Rally Championship.

Now learning the rally ropes with highly-rated promise, Raikkonen is still proving the wildest of wild cards for next season and beyond. As a contracted Red Bull driver in the WRC, speculation has been rampant that the "Ice Man" could make his triumphant return to the grand prix scene behind the wheel of a Red Bull F1 car.

Infamously resistant to interviews, the Finn refused to comment on his next career move, but the brakes seem to have been put on the rumors when Red Bull Racing chief Christian Horner nixed the idea. However, the team's influential "advisor" Helmut Marko – himself a former F1 driver and Le Mans winner – is reportedly in favor of replacing current championship leader Mark Webber – whose contract expires at the end of this season – with Raikkonen. Kimi's manager isn't ruling anything out, neither committing his client to another season in the WRC nor refuting the possibility of his return to F1.

So could Raikkonen be back in single-seaters with Red Bull next season? Entirely too early to say for sure, especially with reports that Felipe Massa is slated to stay with Ferrari, thereby closing that door for Webber. But for a talent as versatile as Kimi's, the sky is the proverbial limit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/03/what ... utoblog%29

Good night!
Sweet dreams!
Sleep well!
Buonanotte bellissimi!

:)

Last edited by momo on 03 Jun 2010, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 385  Next