It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 03:33

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:41  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Posts: 651
Location: finland
TS 10.1.2011 20:05:39

Räikkönen got Citroen to ten rallies


The deal that had made for a long time for Kimi to compete with Citroen DS3 in WRC series was at last ready to publish on monday.
-We can confirm Kimi will drive ten WRC rallies with Citroen. Kimi desided he wants to continue in rally paths and in the best car. Although the cars change, Citroen seems to be in the best position. Kimis manager Steve Robertson told to TS.
The co-driver will be Kaj Lindström whom with F1 champ has been raced all his 20 rallies. His physical trainer will still be Mark Arnall.
In his first season in WRC Kimi drove 11 rallies as he left out New Zealand and dropped out of the Katalonia rally in shakedown.
A few flash of his talent proved to Citroen management he has enough potential. His high light of the season was fifht place in Turkey.
- The learning curve will continue this season but not as deep as last season. The car is different now and it smooths a little Kimis path compared to top drivers. But ofcourse the difference to Loeb and other experenced drivers is everyone to see.
Robertson thinks.
The Citroen factory team drivers are Sebastien Loeb and Sebastien Ogier who drove last year in Junior team with Räikkönen.

Team mate from Holland

The dutch Peter van Merksteijn junior has also made ,like Räikkönen, a deal of ten rallies with Citroen but to Sweden they get only three new cars.
This year number two teams car is identical to the factory car as it is totally new.

Last years Seden rally was Kimis first WRC rally and after that he said he had enjoyed the surface very much.
But why Kimi has only ten rallies deal?
-As Kimis experience is so minor it can be better he can drive more tests while others are racing overseas,Robertson argued but he left a possibility to the whole series open.
Sweden rally will be held 12-14-2. After Marcus Grönholms double wins Jari-Matti Latvala won at 2008 and Mikko Hirvonen year ago.
Latvala and Hirvonen are the favourites also this year.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:41  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Thanks apple too

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:42  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Posts: 651
Location: finland
Sorry Nicole! :blush:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:45  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
THanks Wolfie and Apple :hug: Hope he will drive all the rallys :)

LOL at your signature Wolfie :lol:

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:46  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
apple wrote:
Sorry Nicole! :blush:


Thanks to both of you! :hug:

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:46  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
apple wrote:
Sorry Nicole! :blush:


Sorry Apple :blush:

But you translated the parts I left out :lol:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:48  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Apple, hopefully we aren't both translating the column :blush:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:49  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:
Sorry Nicole! :blush:


Sorry Apple :blush:

But you translated the parts I left out :lol:


you´re both too kind to us :hug:

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:51  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Posts: 651
Location: finland
Wolfie wrote:
Apple, hopefully we aren't both translating the column :blush:

Nope, I have a negotiations with hubby :p
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:52  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
thanks Nikki and Apple :hug: :hug:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 18:58  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 23:05
Posts: 991
Location: Brasil
Kriss wrote:
thanks Nikki and Apple :hug: :hug:

+1

_________________
http://grandprixgirlsf1-en.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Anelise30
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 19:05  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Quote:
The news that came behind the tree

Turun Sanomat 10.1 2011 20:03:40

Kimi Räikkönen has kept a low profile when it came to his continuance in rally so his plans came sort of behind the tree when his participation in Rally Sweden was confirmed on Monday.

A mysterious Ice1Racing that is closely connected to the finnish driver registered Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström to the opening rally in February.

Räikkönen will now continue as his own master in Citroen's junior-team. They have preliminary agreed upon a WRC-program with 10 rallies which means he will skip three races abroad.

The contract guarantees in practice that Kimi gets to drive in those races where he has the best chances to measure his development curve. Of course it's completely possible that Räikkönen would finally drive the whole WRC-season with 13 rallies.

Now that they are driving with different cars in WRC and Räikkönen has experience from most rallies in the calendar he should get a little closer to the tougher than tough top. Yet the big points are still difficult to score.

With his decision the track driver sends out a message to the world that there is life outside F1.

I interviewed Räikkönen last August in Germany. There he let me understand that F1 doesn't interest him or at least the possibilities that at the time were available at that point of the season.

The rally continuance didn't come easily though. It's still not sure if Kimi gets to drive the best car in the serie but at least Citroen's list of merits from earlier years is of a class that it probably remains, even with the changes, as the most competitive car.

Räikkönen doesn't get to train with the new DS3 in Arctic-rally because they have so few cars that they don't have a car to give for Rovaniemi.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 19:06  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Apple, hopefully we aren't both translating the column :blush:

Nope, I have a negotiations with hubby :p


Ouch :fear: I want to hear everything later.....

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 19:10  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
Wolfie wrote:
Quote:
The news that came behind the tree

Turun Sanomat 10.1 2011 20:03:40

Kimi Räikkönen has kept a low profile when it came to his continuance in rally so his plans came sort of behind the tree when his participation in Rally Sweden was confirmed on Monday.

A mysterious Ice1Racing that is closely connected to the finnish driver registered Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström to the opening rally in February.

Räikkönen will now continue as his own master in Citroen's junior-team. They have preliminary agreed upon a WRC-program with 10 rallies which means he will skip three races abroad.

The contract guarantees in practice that Kimi gets to drive in those races where he has the best chances to measure his development curve. Of course it's completely possible that Räikkönen would finally drive the whole WRC-season with 13 rallies.

Now that they are driving with different cars in WRC and Räikkönen has experience from most rallies in the calendar he should get a little closer to the tougher than tough top. Yet the big points are still difficult to score.

With his decision the track driver sends out a message to the world that there is life outside F1.

I interviewed Räikkönen last August in Germany. There he let me understand that F1 doesn't interest him or at least the possibilities that at the time were available at that point of the season.

The rally continuance didn't come easily though. It's still not sure if Kimi gets to drive the best car in the serie but at least Citroen's list of merits from earlier years is of a class that it probably remains, even with the changes, as the most competitive car.

Räikkönen doesn't get to train with the new DS3 in Arctic-rally because they have so few cars that they don't have a car to give for Rovaniemi.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Love Kulta :shhh:
Thanks Nikki! :hug:

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 19:12  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 15:35
Posts: 552
Location: Essex
Thanks Nikki and Apple for the translations, I am really pleased Kimi is staying with Citroen and feel he will do at least 12 of the rallies this season I still feel Red Bull may be planning some kind of smaller personal deal with Kimi but its Kimi who is not so keen on that one. Hate to say it for the folks who wanted him back in F1 but my reading I did for his birthday seems to be comming right.
Hugs to everyone and lets all have a great WRC 2011 :hug: :thumbsup: Flag:##
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB