Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 10 Jan 2011, 15:13

sleenster wrote:
Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote: :D that Kimi is driving but :( that he is a pay driver.
wasn't he a pay driver last year?
When the results come he will find sponsors very easily, I think :zz:
I think sponsors paying for your drive is a bit different from you digging into your wallet for money to drive :confused:
well, I know what you mean and you are right but at least he will drive and has a chance to show his potentials :thumbsup:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Jan 2011, 15:14

miezicat wrote:
Mar wrote:But we still don’t know anything about that team. Please, wait until the team is officially presented and then we would know who’s sponsoring him or not.

Maybe that’s the new name of the Junior Team.
+1 I don't think he hasn't found any sponsors...
I dunno, but I don't think van Merksteijn would be driving in a team called Ice One...

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 10 Jan 2011, 15:15

icemaid wrote:Kimi sponsoring himself?! :blink:

Rally is what you want but Kimi you belong to F1! :(
We have to wake up, dear! We think this but Kimi thinks he belongs to rally.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Jan 2011, 15:17

icemaid wrote:Kimi sponsoring himself?! :blink:

Rally is what you want but Kimi you belong to F1! :(
Well not according to him :)

BTW maybe he will just do a few rallys with his Ice1 team and return to F1 nevertheless (I don´t believe in it but some of you might do it :) )
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Jan 2011, 15:17

sleenster wrote:
miezicat wrote:
Mar wrote:But we still don’t know anything about that team. Please, wait until the team is officially presented and then we would know who’s sponsoring him or not.

I dunno, but I don't think van Merksteijn would be driving in a team called Ice One...
I agree, but van Merksteijn was supposed to begin his season in Sweden and he’s also not in the entry list.

We really need more information :<>:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 10 Jan 2011, 15:20

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:
miezicat wrote:

I agree, but van Merksteijn was supposed to begin his season in Sweden and he’s also not in the entry list.

+1

kimi speak up.. gives us the real answer...

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 10 Jan 2011, 15:22

Kinga,

I know I'm being selfish...I wasn't prepared for him to leave F1 last year... :( :( :(
I just wanted him to be in F1 for just one more season (any year :pray: ) before he concentrate fully on rally.
Well, I guess not.
Of course I will still support him in WRC. :)

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 10 Jan 2011, 15:24

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:
miezicat wrote:

yeah true but that would mean that they have three citroen teams, 2 with one car..? :confused:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Jan 2011, 15:24

maybe now Kimi can also drive le mans? :)

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 10 Jan 2011, 15:26

I think we have to remember that in these times the money isnt so readily available for sponsorship not even in F1 if you look at some of the deals done to get drivers into the car depending on how much money they can bring with them, or the axing of a driver just to install another driver in his seat as he brings Santanders money, you can see its not boding well. With companies making cutbacks and axing staff people are seeing that sports sponsorship isnt as lucrative as it once was, its the sign of recessive times.
Then if you sponsor a driver nowadays you want one who you can turn into a corporate robot almost owning all of him. Our boy isnt into that (and I am proud of him for it), so in the real world for Kimi at the moment sponsors may be harder to find. I dont think that matters to him its far better to have quality people prepared to back you than a quantitiy of the wrong people behind you. He will do fine I AM SURE OF IT.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 10 Jan 2011, 15:27

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:maybe now Kimi can also drive le mans? :)
or maybe F1 with rally in between the series.. :pray:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Jan 2011, 15:27

ok, now he's officially in the list:
http://www.rallysweden.com/the-rally-20 ... es?lang=en
The last one to entry (sometimes he seems Spanish, leaving everything for the last minute :p )

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Jan 2011, 15:31

Vida wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:maybe now Kimi can also drive le mans? :)
or maybe F1 with rally in between the series.. :pray:
Haha that´s what I was writing in my other post! You Kimi-to-F1 guys don´t have to give up your hope yet :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 10 Jan 2011, 15:32

Linda-Anne wrote:I think we have to remember that in these times the money isnt so readily available for sponsorship not even in F1 if you look at some of the deals done to get drivers into the car depending on how much money they can bring with them, or the axing of a driver just to install another driver in his seat as he brings Santanders money, you can see its not boding well. With companies making cutbacks and axing staff people are seeing that sports sponsorship isnt as lucrative as it once was, its the sign of recessive times.
Then if you sponsor a driver nowadays you want one who you can turn into a corporate robot almost owning all of him. Our boy isnt into that (and I am proud of him for it), so in the real world for Kimi at the moment sponsors may be harder to find. I dont think that matters to him its far better to have quality people prepared to back you than a quantitiy of the wrong people behind you. He will do fine I AM SURE OF IT.
100% agree......even if one part of him wanted him in F1!
But I will support him whatever he does.....whatever, wherever, whenever! :thumbsup:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 10 Jan 2011, 15:35

Acropolis wrote:
Linda-Anne wrote:I think we have to remember that in these times the money isnt so readily available for sponsorship not even in F1 if you look at some of the deals done to get drivers into the car depending on how much money they can bring with them, or the axing of a driver just to install another driver in his seat as he brings Santanders money, you can see its not boding well. With companies making cutbacks and axing staff people are seeing that sports sponsorship isnt as lucrative as it once was, its the sign of recessive times.
100% agree......even if one part of him wanted him in F1!
But I will support him whatever he does.....whatever, wherever, whenever! :thumbsup:
Me too, I am proud of him as i am sure his family are