Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 10 Jan 2011, 12:45

sleenster wrote:Hmm the van Merksteijn guy doesn't seem to be there either even though we know he's driving.... ''hmm'' :huh:

yeah and i feel its coz citroen have yet to name their junior team. And i feel Kimi / Petter factor is looming large for them to name their junior team.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 10 Jan 2011, 13:12

nothing new, but last comment by Kimi is important :)
this was surely old comment, but I'm with Kimi and trust he will race this year...
but obviously, spending hard time. hope to hear from him soon.

Issue 089 | WRC Season Review 2010 Trouble viewing this newsletter? click here
WRC Season Review 2010

Tricky season, but great fun

Well, the rally season 2010 is over. It's was a tough year. Trying to learn the WRC car and eleven completely new rallies during the season was a huge challenge for a rookie like me. But it was a great fun, too.

I liked the new experience very much, indeed. It was as difficult as we could expect, but I have all but negative feelings going through it.

It was a season full of ups and downs. There were some good times, there were some bad times. But that's how it usually goes in the world of motor sports. Obviously, there were some people expecting us to make miracles after a couple of first rallies. But, in the end of the day, there was no reason to wait for more from this rookie season of mine.

We finished the last rally in Wales. It feels good every time you finish a race. The Rally of Britain was a truly challenging one. We've got storm, rain, ice-slippery roads, no sight ahead from time to time. It was an adventure and to finish it with some points was a nice finish for this WRC season.

It was also the end of an era for the these WRC cars. They are really great cars and it was a privilege to have a season with them, too.

Obviously, the season offered many different kind of rally roads. The tarmac doesn't mean tarmac like it is in Formula One. It's only semi-tarmac every time, while there is so much gravel and dirt on the road. Coming in as from circuit racing the only real asfalts were those short show stages in the cities.

The Red Bull Citroen WRC team keeps winning the championships. They are true professionals in and out. You have to give the highest note for them every time for their effort.

For the next year we continue talking to people. When we have something signed and sealed, we tell you. Thank you all fans for the support."

www.kimiraikkonen.com

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 10 Jan 2011, 13:19

luviceman wrote:nothing new, but last comment by Kimi is important :)
this was surely old comment, but I'm with Kimi and trust he will race this year...
but obviously, spending hard time. hope to hear from him soon.

Issue 089 | WRC Season Review 2010 Trouble viewing this newsletter? click here
WRC Season Review 2010

Tricky season, but great fun

Well, the rally season 2010 is over. It's was a tough year. Trying to learn the WRC car and eleven completely new rallies during the season was a huge challenge for a rookie like me. But it was a great fun, too.

I liked the new experience very much, indeed. It was as difficult as we could expect, but I have all but negative feelings going through it.

It was a season full of ups and downs. There were some good times, there were some bad times. But that's how it usually goes in the world of motor sports. Obviously, there were some people expecting us to make miracles after a couple of first rallies. But, in the end of the day, there was no reason to wait for more from this rookie season of mine.

We finished the last rally in Wales. It feels good every time you finish a race. The Rally of Britain was a truly challenging one. We've got storm, rain, ice-slippery roads, no sight ahead from time to time. It was an adventure and to finish it with some points was a nice finish for this WRC season.

It was also the end of an era for the these WRC cars. They are really great cars and it was a privilege to have a season with them, too.

Obviously, the season offered many different kind of rally roads. The tarmac doesn't mean tarmac like it is in Formula One. It's only semi-tarmac every time, while there is so much gravel and dirt on the road. Coming in as from circuit racing the only real asfalts were those short show stages in the cities.

The Red Bull Citroen WRC team keeps winning the championships. They are true professionals in and out. You have to give the highest note for them every time for their effort.

For the next year we continue talking to people. When we have something signed and sealed, we tell you. Thank you all fans for the support."

http://www.kimiraikkonen.com

the funny thing is, this came together with the previous email together today, even if it was posted long time ago in the official site.....

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 10 Jan 2011, 13:27

Acropolis wrote:the funny thing is, this came together with the previous email together today, even if it was posted long time ago in the official site.....

I know... :( so I guessed a it's a sign from Kimi to tell to wait for an official announcement, but not to worried to his fan...maybe...maybe not.....

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 10 Jan 2011, 13:29

well, it's almost a middle of January and we should have news really soon. I think that we, as Kimi fans, have already prooved that we know how to wait for any news. :thumbsup:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 10 Jan 2011, 13:29

luviceman wrote:
Acropolis wrote:the funny thing is, this came together with the previous email together today, even if it was posted long time ago in the official site.....

I know... :( so I guessed a it's a sign from Kimi to tell to wait for an official announcement, but not to worried to his fan...maybe...maybe not.....

That's too bad... so, now, worry or not worry, that is the question! :<>: :confused: :huh:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 10 Jan 2011, 14:05

Denorth wrote:well, it's almost a middle of January and we should have news really soon. I think that we, as Kimi fans, have already prooved that we know how to wait for any news. :thumbsup:

yeah, and we are not going to see him on any entry lists before there has been a announcement... so we just have to wait till the announcement and when the announcement comes , and if its rally, we will hear if they have fixed the rally sweden entry or is he just going to start his season with the next rally...

I mean we have to remember the circumstances, its not even tree weeks since Kimis father died and somebody said that in Finland it can take up to four weeks till the funeral.... give him little more time. And I atleast take it as a positive hint what the fanmail had sent tha same day as rally sweden dl.

Kulta believed he was going to drive in sweden and that the announcement is gong to be in the middle of january. And the first official list FIA is publicing for rally sweden is gong to be the 20.1 every list before that is unofficially.

we just have to wait alittle more time and ...... :O

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 10 Jan 2011, 14:28

Julia wrote:
Denorth wrote:well, it's almost a middle of January and we should have news really soon. I think that we, as Kimi fans, have already prooved that we know how to wait for any news. :thumbsup:

yeah, and we are not going to see him on any entry lists before there has been a announcement... so we just have to wait till the announcement and when the announcement comes , and if its rally, we will hear if they have fixed the rally sweden entry or is he just going to start his season with the next rally...

I mean we have to remember the circumstances, its not even tree weeks since Kimis father died and somebody said that in Finland it can take up to four weeks till the funeral.... give him little more time. And I atleast take it as a positive hint what the fanmail had sent tha same day as rally sweden dl.

Kulta believed he was going to drive in sweden and that the announcement is gong to be in the middle of january. And the first official list FIA is publicing for rally sweden is gong to be the 20.1 every list before that is unofficially.

we just have to wait alittle more time and ...... :O

So, you're saying that we have to wait at least 10 more days? :confused:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 10 Jan 2011, 14:29

Kim will race next season. Come on, practical things has to be taken care of until he can fully concentrate in his job. In Finland it can take time .

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 10 Jan 2011, 14:36

KIMI IS IN RALLY SWEDEN WITH TEAM ICE ONE IN CITROEN DS 3.

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 10 Jan 2011, 14:41

apple wrote:KIMI IS IN RALLY SWEDEN WITH TEAM ICE ONE IN CITROEN DS 3.

woohoo Flag:## thank you so much for your info, Apple and Mar :hug:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 10 Jan 2011, 14:42

According to Tomi Tuominen he will rent the whole package from Citroen for next year. His entry came in the last minute.

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 10 Jan 2011, 14:44

luviceman wrote:
apple wrote:KIMI IS IN RALLY SWEDEN WITH TEAM ICE ONE IN CITROEN DS 3.

woohoo Flag:## thank you so much for your info, Apple and Mar :hug:

thanks! :hug:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Jan 2011, 14:44

If this confirms, somebody is going to kill this Hakan Toner guy for talking too much, too soon. :lol: