It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 16:16

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 04:36  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
Remember what the Robertsons said last year. Kimi is not into rally to make up numbers. If Kimi realizes he would never be able to reach the top in rally, he would not fiddle around there, how much ever fun it is. It would remain what it is - a hobby. I don't think Kimi has finalized where he stands. Let me say Kimi has not shut his door on F1. Let me also just say that what happened on Sunday did not hurt Kimi's chances.

True. But the results from WRC have so far been encouraging and if robertson has any idea about Rallying then he should know that first few years Kimi would be rather filling up the numbers more than anything. Take it or Leave it.

So as of now i see Kimi doing more than just filling up the numbers but wins and WRC title are a distant dream to start of with.

P.S : By distant i mean not till 2011

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 05:16  
F1 Rookie

SpaMaster wrote:
Remember what the Robertsons said last year. Kimi is not into rally to make up numbers. If Kimi realizes he would never be able to reach the top in rally, he would not fiddle around there, how much ever fun it is. It would remain what it is - a hobby.

The question is if that happens, that'll take weeks, month, or years?

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 05:18  
F1 Driver

Haha, Kimi is still so cool in the middle of all rumors and speculations. I remember many other drivers talking in their contract discussion etc. but Kimi only say that he is not made his decision yet.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 05:29  
F1 Driver

Well for me it´s crystal clear that he won´t be at RB next year. BTW wasn´t it TS and Heikki Kulta who always claimed that it´s up to Kimi whether he wants to have the F1 RB seat next year? It seems that he has changed his mind and was wrong. :roll::

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 05:41  
F1 Rookie

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Well for me it´s crystal clear that he won´t be at RB next year. BTW wasn´t it TS and Heikki Kulta who always claimed that it´s up to Kimi whether he wants to have the F1 RB seat next year? It seems that he has changed his mind and was wrong. :roll::

Kulta never said that as far as I know. He seems to be worried for Kimi's carreer ever since last September

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 06:31  
F1 Rookie

Moominpappa wrote:
Haha, Kimi is still so cool in the middle of all rumors and speculations. I remember many other drivers talking in their contract discussion etc. but Kimi only say that he is not made his decision yet.

I think, that is because, he frankly does not care about what happens in future. He is not going to change his plans on when to decide just because some thing is happening in Red Bull. I think he has this uncanny knack of doing only things in his own way and at his own pace. Not getting perturbed, and what he thinks alone is important. That's incredible strength of character if you ask me. Happiness comes from inside, and it does not come from acting based on whether being supposed to drive in rally/F1, being supposed to win, being supposed to take revenge, etc, for him. It's a very rare attribute. He would be a nightmare if somone tries to play mindgames with him. :p

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 07:24  
F1 Rookie

SpaMaster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:

I think, that is because, he frankly does not care about what happens in future. He is not going to change his plans on when to decide just because some thing is happening in Red Bull. I think he has this uncanny knack of doing only things in his own way and at his own pace. Not getting perturbed, and what he thinks alone is important. That's incredible strength of character if you ask me. Happiness comes from inside, and it does not come from acting based on whether being supposed to drive in rally/F1, being supposed to win, being supposed to take revenge, etc, for him. It's a very rare attribute. He would be a nightmare if somone tries to play mindgames with him. :p

Well, I think he does care, he just does things on his own term as you described so well :thumbsup:
He WAS a nightmare when people tried to play mindgames with him. He was impervious to them :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 07:31  
F1 Routinier

Really busy today too but quickly one thing:

Did anyone else pay attention to Red Bull immediately contacting Kimi when Ferrari announced he won't drive for them in 2011?

Were Robertsons trying to fool everybody (not for the first time :lol: ) into believing that the contract negotiations were with McLaren when they had been negotiating from the beginning with Red Bull?

In this light it might be that McLaren didn't agree to a 1-year contract so Red Bull came up with rally instead or.... that Kimi never even intended to go to McLaren?

Bear in mind that Heikki Kulta says that the door is closed whereas Kimi said in Portugal that he still has time to decide what he wants to do - the same thing Steve said.

Like Iceman said, never say never. We might once again be fooled big time :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 08:01  
F1 Rookie

Julia wrote:
so is it just me who doesn't understand this cryptic piece of news?

If Kulta says they have been talking with RBR about 2011, then i believe they have... but the part that i don't understand is what the result was of the discussion.

Are Kulta implying that they only discussed about it, but decided that they don't put anything about the year 2011 on paper... that they only made a contract about the year 2010 ad decided that if there is need to it they discuss again in the summer 2010?

is it just me who doesn't get the picture?

my guess in December 09 was that Kimi has a multiple year deal about rallying whit an option that he can break it if he finds a seat/wants to go back to F1... but now i must say i don't know what to think.... but have to admit the turns in this are interesting o follow.

Kulta all but confirms that last year RB wanted Kimi to commit for 2011, but he wasn't ready.
Apparently he still isn't ready so RB is about to sign for another year with Webbo. Probably hoping that next year Kimi makes up his mind

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 08:38  
F1 Driver

beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:
so is it just me who doesn't understand this cryptic piece of news?

If Kulta says they have been talking with RBR about 2011, then i believe they have... but the part that i don't understand is what the result was of the discussion.

Are Kulta implying that they only discussed about it, but decided that they don't put anything about the year 2011 on paper... that they only made a contract about the year 2010 ad decided that if there is need to it they discuss again in the summer 2010?

is it just me who doesn't get the picture?

my guess in December 09 was that Kimi has a multiple year deal about rallying whit an option that he can break it if he finds a seat/wants to go back to F1... but now i must say i don't know what to think.... but have to admit the turns in this are interesting o follow.

Kulta all bu
t confirms that last year RB wanted Kimi to commit for 2011, but he wasn't ready.
Apparently he still isn't ready so RB is about to sign for another year with Webbo. Probably hoping that next year Kimi makes up his mind

If kimi isn't ready to commit in 2011 I don't think red bull want to wait anothey year. They have to think other option afterall vettel's contract also due in 2011.

I have a feeling there is some scenario here that we don't know... Maybe it was all just a cover to hide something... For sure if kimi said that he still have time to think then he still have time or maybe he already made up his mind wait for a perfect time to announce it.... It could be a something that will surprise everybody....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 08:52  
F1 Driver

Vida wrote:
I have a feeling there is some scenario here that we don't know... Maybe it was all just a cover to hide something... For sure if kimi said that he still have time to think then he still have time or maybe he already made up his mind wait for a perfect time to announce it.... It could be a something that will surprise everybody....

I'm with you on this one! I already said it before that something must be going on that we do not know. :cool:

If Kimi said so in Portugal, then it's that way, I trust in his words. :O

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 08:55  
GP2 Driver

I watched the Turkish GP this weekend and was very much impressed by the quality of racing. Even though it was a dry race with few moisture on the track, There was excitement all around.
And thats when I miss Kimi. :confused: I wish Kimi would be up there in any of the top 4 teams fighting with other WDC's and other fast drivers.
There were boring races like Bahrain and Monaco this year, but overall the races have been exciting.

For me its still F1>>WRC :zz:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 08:58  
GP2 Driver

Red Bull will be very happy that they didnt sigh Kimi for next year
Otherwise, Like Ferrari they too would have to pay up for his contract. :n :zz:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 09:10  
F1 Rookie

SilentKiller wrote:
I watched the Turkish GP this weekend and was very much impressed by the quality of racing. Even though it was a dry race with few moisture on the track, There was excitement all around.
And thats when I miss Kimi. :confused: I wish Kimi would be up there in any of the top 4 teams fighting with other WDC's and other fast drivers.

sad but true. ::oops:;

yes i still hope that kimi will surprise us by returning to F1 next year. :pray:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 09:32  
GP2 Driver

I guess Kimi isn't going to return in F1... Steve says "never say never" only to maintain the intrigue to increase commercial efficiency, cause the " WRC driver who could return to F1" sounds much better than " former F1 driver". Kimi isn't "former" yet in people's minds...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 385  Next