It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 02:09

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 05:20  
F1 Driver

That is pretty interesting, although I am not sure why Kimi would be interested in Mini next year, when they are not doing a full program. Dani Sordo also sounds hesitant, and if Kimi is going to Mini why would Dani have to leave Citroen? It would make more sense if Kimi is touted to go to Mini in 2012. If Kimi will still be sponsored by Red Bull and if Red Bull will still be with Citroen for a year, then Kimi would properly just remain with Citroen. In the meantime Kimi is also spending time in the states, hmm.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 09:49  
Kart Champion

Actually I like the idea of Kimi driving for Mini :)

Quote:
A Mini drive could offer the Finn less pressure, with a bigger focus on testing and development away from the rallies. A positive would be the potential tie-in with his sponsor Red Bull and the expected 2012 deal between the drinks firm and Mini.

Also since Mini will not run full WRC program, Kimi may have the chance to participate in Le Mans due to the link with Prodrive :n

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 12:05  
F1 Driver

How many rallies does Mini intend to drive? But yeah it would be cooler than cool if he drives LeMans next year! But he said that he will just do so if he has the chance to test (at the le mans series?!?!).
Hm well lets wait and see.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 12:22  
F1 Routinier

planetmarcus tweeted:

Quote:
#wrc - Dani Sordo & Kimi Raikkonen will test Prodrive Mini Wrc ....

:huh:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 12:27  
F1 Routinier

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
How many rallies does Mini intend to drive? But yeah it would be cooler than cool if he drives LeMans next year! But he said that he will just do so if he has the chance to test (at the le mans series?!?!).
Hm well lets wait and see.

If I don't remember it wrong, they intend to do 6 rallies. Lately, they have been saying they may make it to 8 rallies. In the moment they have the car (and the team) ready they will begin and do the rest of rallies of the season. But they will not be ready for the beginning of the season.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 13:05  
Kart Champion

i don't think he's going for mini :O

Their car won't be as fast as Ford and Citroen!

and...

In my opinion, mini's are ugly as hell :lol:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 13:18  
F1 Driver

Kriss wrote:
planetmarcus tweeted:

Quote:
#wrc - Dani Sordo & Kimi Raikkonen will test Prodrive Mini Wrc ....

:huh:

:huh: :huh:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 14:11  
F1 Rookie

Boudica wrote:
That is pretty interesting, although I am not sure why Kimi would be interested in Mini next year, when they are not doing a full program. Dani Sordo also sounds hesitant, and if Kimi is going to Mini why would Dani have to leave Citroen? It would make more sense if Kimi is touted to go to Mini in 2012. If Kimi will still be sponsored by Red Bull and if Red Bull will still be with Citroen for a year, then Kimi would properly just remain with Citroen. In the meantime Kimi is also spending time in the states, hmm.

RB suppose to stop sponsoring CJunior team, only remains a personal sponsor for Kimi (spending a lot less). Which he can bring with himself anywhere but Monster. On the other hand none of them can stay with Citroen without a lot of sponsor money . Dani already decided to leave, and we don't know if Kimi has enough sponsorship to stay. Currently I wouldn't bet on it.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 14:20  
F1 Routinier

beefree88 wrote:
Boudica wrote:

RB suppose to stop sponsoring CJunior team, only remains a personal sponsor for Kimi (spending a lot less). Which he can bring with himself anywhere but Monster. On the other hand none of them can stay with Citroen without a lot of sponsor money . Dani already decided to leave, and we don't know if Kimi has enough sponsorship to stay. Currently I wouldn't bet on it.

probably you re right :(

less money could cover less races with Mini
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 14:25  
F1 Driver

Kriss wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Boudica wrote:

probably you re right :(

less money could cover less races with Mini

Noooooooooo, please noooooooooo Image

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 15:15  
Kart Champion

According to Autosport, Raikkonen and Robertsons sold their stake in the F3 team.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88488

Maybe among other things, to invest in Kimi's rally interest?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 15:20  
F1 Driver

You just beat me to it Bourbon. My thoughts exactly, they are focusing in on something so they dump the extra distractions.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 16:19  
F1 Driver

Hm I don´t think that this has anything to do with the Rally! After all he does invest money in the Moto cross thingy (or whatever that was). :)

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 16:47  
F1 Driver

Yes, true there. We don't know how big an investment the F3 team was. It's surely more money than some dirt bikes.....

If it's Mini: Perhaps there is talk of a longterm deal. We all know Citroën is always going to develop towards Seb 1.0 and 2.0. It would be very tempting to start from the ground up on a new car built towards your own standards. Yes he is (wouldn't) be the only driver, but he would be on a much more even standard in a new team than Team Seb. Just my 2 cents!

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 16:48  
F1 Driver

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Hm I don´t think that this has anything to do with the Rally! After all he does invest money in the Moto cross thingy (or whatever that was). :)

My picture is that Kimi hasnt done anything else than found himself new extra distractions (new small hobbies/investments) this year... he has been investing in many new tings as i can call :lol:

I think it has more to do with Robertsons future plans... they have lived on Kimi and Kimi only the last 7-8 years and Kimi isnt going to bring them millions anymore so they are probably starting to manage new talents again and its not so practical to own a team then... the key quote from the article maybe?

"I know the team goes forward with their blessing and this gives the Robertson's management company the flexibility to work with other teams and will allow us to be fully independent."

Last edited by Julia on 25 Nov 2010, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340 ... 385  Next