Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by icemaid » 11 Nov 2010, 12:21

miezicat has a point.
just like if he was driving for the F-team why would he get a personal sponsorship from F.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 12:25

icemaid wrote:miezicat has a point.
just like if he was driving for the F-team why would he get a personal sponsorship from F.
Ah but I read it so that Red Bull is sponsoring Kimi meaning that he is more important to them than a team. If Kimi goes to Red Bull next year then Red Bull would pay his salary and if Kulta knows this then he can play with words just like Robertson can :lol:

We all read into it differently - it's Mega-Fun :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 11 Nov 2010, 12:28

The Citroen Junior Team backed mostly by Red Bull this year won't be anymore in 2011. So, RB might continue sponsoring Kimi but not as providing so much money to sustain a team+its drivers.
That's why I see no contradiction in the statement. The RB is a personal sponsor to Kimi since early F1 days, but this year they went further with the sponsorship in providing team+car.
In the future you might see Kimi in WRC, not in a fully RB backed team, but with their sponsorship.

P.S. Remember that Kimi had the RB sponsor also in 2007,8,9 while competing for Ferrari and while Red Bull had their own F1 team.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 12:30

Let's wait and see :lol:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 11 Nov 2010, 12:31

Kriss wrote:
Denorth wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote: Feels bad. In this case i see that the negotiations between kimi-red bull may have come to end as far as citroen junior is concerned.
me thinks that although redbull is not sponsoring kimi in cirtroen junior but i don't see rebdull and kimi parted..
And Vida too :hug:

I'm more and more certain that Kulta knows exactly what Kimi is going to do next season but doesn't say it. He says that Red Bull will continue to be Kimi's personal sponsor but they will not sponsor Citroen Junior Team. Therefore Kimi will not drive for Citroen and also if he would go to Monster they would terminate their 'longterm' sponsorship with Kimi...

Put Marko's words into this context and there's a new picture again where Red Bull values Kimi highly and.... something tells me that if Kimi would have wanted to continue in WRC (pure speculation from my side) then Red Bull would have sponsored the Junior Team.

Kimi and the others have said all along that Kimi makes the decisions himself.

What a meltdown and shock in the F1-forums if he would come back to F1 and to Red Bull :lol:
Can we read this as: Kimi is free to choose any team (unless there is a conflict of interests as with Monster), but Red Bull will pay fo him and him only? So if he goes to Citroen Junior as an example, RB will not support both drivers and whole team. Only Kimi. Similar story with any other team.
In such case the cars can be in the same team but with different sponsorship - like Matthew Wilson and Henning Solberg.
that's how I read it too :thumbsup:
Thats how I read it too, I beleive thats the reason why things have been taking so long as its not a straightforward contract. Kimi knows and has always known exactly were he wants to be in 2011.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 11 Nov 2010, 12:35

rko281 wrote:
The Citroen Junior Team backed mostly by Red Bull this year won't be anymore in 2011. So, RB might continue sponsoring Kimi but not as providing so much money to sustain a team+its drivers.
That's why I see no contradiction in the statement. The RB is a personal sponsor to Kimi since early F1 days, but this year they went further with the sponsorship in providing team+car.
In the future you might see Kimi in WRC, not in a fully RB backed team, but with their sponsorship.

P.S. Remember that Kimi had the RB sponsor also in 2007,8,9 while competing for Ferrari and while Red Bull had their own F1 team.
Ok I understand about the rally thingy if kimi chooses to remain in WRC
but as for F1 if he goes to RBR why does he gets a personal sponsorship :huh:

@Wolfie, its fun as long as we don't have to shoot spinster in the end. :lol:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 11 Nov 2010, 12:39

Wolfie wrote:
Ah but I read it so that Red Bull is sponsoring Kimi meaning that he is more important to them than a team. If Kimi goes to Red Bull next year then Red Bull would pay his salary and if Kulta knows this then he can play with words just like Robertson can :lol:

What do you think if Kimi would go with Tommi Mäkinen, sponsored by Red Bull! :zz:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 11 Nov 2010, 12:42

momo wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

What do you think if Kimi would go with Tommi Mäkinen, sponsored by Red Bull! :zz:

possible!

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 11 Nov 2010, 12:48

apple wrote:Well, why Kimi would make a documentary full of Red bull merchandise +published it2011 if he wouldnt have co-operation with them?
Cuz they need time for editing the video and season isn't over yet :) + RB can still sponsor him with less money as I understood.

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 11 Nov 2010, 13:12

Wolfie wrote:

sure they pay his salary but then he would be a Red Bull driver anyway, no need for a personal sponsorship. that is connected with a person and not with the team like it was with RB when Kimi was at Ferrari.
rko281 wrote:

yeah, no doubt that RB will stop sponsoring the junior team but what I don't understand is that Kulta said they will not finance Kimi a car but imo with a personal sponsorship deal they would do that at the same time no? or does he just mean not the full amount so Kimi needs other sponsors or pay himself?

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 13:25

Please keep in mind that Kulta cannot go and say (if it was the case) that Red Bull will not sponsor him anymore but they will pay his salary.... :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 13:28

The only advice I could give since I practice it myself is that adapting to both scenarios in your mind, WRC and F1, will make the possible transition much much much easier :hug:

Remember last year, how long did it take for you to get used to the idea that Kimi was in WRC?

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Nov 2010, 13:51

Wolfie wrote:The only advice I could give since I practice it myself is that adapting to both scenarios in your mind, WRC and F1, will make the possible transition much much much easier :hug:

Remember last year, how long did it take for you to get used to the idea that Kimi was in WRC?
For me it was more than 6 months. 6 looong months. Erzbergrodeo was the turning point. :)

My mind says he'll stay in WRC but my heart wants him in F1. Right now I say that I can accept either decision. We'll see. F1 would be a bit better because we surely could see Kimi rallying too I guess. That would be 2 in 1. Kimi could be happy, we could be happy too.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 13:59

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:The only advice I could give since I practice it myself is that adapting to both scenarios in your mind, WRC and F1, will make the possible transition much much much easier :hug:

For me it was more than 6 months. 6 looong months. Erzbergrodeo was the turning point. :)

My mind says he'll stay in WRC but my heart wants him in F1. Right now I say that I can accept either decision. We'll see. F1 would be a bit better because we surely could see Kimi rallying too I guess. That would be 2 in 1. Kimi could be happy, we could be happy too.
For me it was easy because I had prepared myself for it by following his rallying and following my gutfeeling, same as now... rally is absolutely mega-super, I love it especially with the Kimi-factor in it and although F1 was not a good option it has made me re-think it this way: with all the skills he has learned to master in WRC, wonder what he can do in a F1-car after that :blink:

Win-Win situation :lol:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 11 Nov 2010, 13:59

not long, I was happy that he is still driving somewhere. and I followed rally before so the switch wasn't that bad for me. the day it was announced that Alonso will take Kimi's place was the worst because I believed or wanted to believe till the last second that it will not happen. so I try to be more realistic now. :O I don't think Kimi will come back and at the moment I can't say what I would prefer so whatever happens - as long it is not retirement - it's okay. :)