Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by rko281 » 11 Nov 2010, 10:36

spinster wrote:but maybe some other sponsors give him the money to stay in citroën junior...that might be also possible because it really takes very long!

BUT as you all know for me it's a sign that Kimi is in F1 RBR...

Damn some of you going to shoot me if that doesn't happen :lol:

Off-Topic: show
Let's hope you're not going to shoot yourself :blush:
Here, 90% of people believe Kimi won't go back to F1, so nobody will feel the need to shoot you.

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 11 Nov 2010, 10:42

rko281 wrote:
spinster wrote:but maybe some other sponsors give him the money to stay in citroën junior...that might be also possible because it really takes very long!

Here, 90% of people believe Kimi won't go back to F1, so nobody will feel the need to shoot you.

why not? :n if there is a chance and genue offer... :lol:

I am talking about shooting
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 11 Nov 2010, 10:44

rko281 wrote:

90% is a bit too much mate :O

and no i'm bot gonna shoot myself or blame me...it was worth the try...

and i still want to have a proper explanation why you all wanna see him in rally?

Because you all feel he's happier there???
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 11 Nov 2010, 10:44

Kriss wrote:It is very complicated for me ''hmm''
Kimi gets personal spomsorship from Red Bull but "RB not financing Kimi Räikkönen a car in Citroen's junior team" :huh:
Does it mean that they are not giving him the same amount of money than this year?

don't get that either :confused:

Swiss brand? :zz:

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 11 Nov 2010, 11:18

spinster wrote:
rko281 wrote:

90% is a bit too much mate :O

and no i'm bot gonna shoot myself or blame me...it was worth the try...

and i still want to have a proper explanation why you all wanna see him in rally?

Because you all feel he's happier there???

at least I can give my reasons:

he wanted to be in Rally and said it several times. He does look happier there, at least this is the way I see. He started getting points in his first season and it is interesting to see what he can do in 2nd and 3rd year.
speaking of F1 - I personally don't like RB idea and other top-teams have their drivers.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 11 Nov 2010, 11:27

Well, why Kimi would make a documentary full of Red bull merchandise +published it2011 if he wouldnt have co-operation with them?

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 11:56

Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:Feels bad. In this case i see that the negotiations between kimi-red bull may have come to end as far as citroen junior is concerned.

me thinks that although redbull is not sponsoring kimi in cirtroen junior but i don't see rebdull and kimi parted..

And Vida too :hug:

I'm more and more certain that Kulta knows exactly what Kimi is going to do next season but doesn't say it. He says that Red Bull will continue to be Kimi's personal sponsor but they will not sponsor Citroen Junior Team. Therefore Kimi will not drive for Citroen and also if he would go to Monster they would terminate their 'longterm' sponsorship with Kimi...

Put Marko's words into this context and there's a new picture again where Red Bull values Kimi highly and.... something tells me that if Kimi would have wanted to continue in WRC (pure speculation from my side) then Red Bull would have sponsored the Junior Team.

Kimi and the others have said all along that Kimi makes the decisions himself.

What a meltdown and shock in the F1-forums if he would come back to F1 and to Red Bull :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 11 Nov 2010, 11:59

Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:
luieluv wrote:Feels bad. In this case i see that the negotiations between kimi-red bull may have come to end as far as citroen junior is concerned.

me thinks that although redbull is not sponsoring kimi in cirtroen junior but i don't see rebdull and kimi parted..

I'm more and more certain that Kulta knows exactly what Kimi is going to do next season but doesn't say it. He says that Red Bull will continue to be Kimi's personal sponsor but they will not sponsor Citroen Junior Team. Therefore Kimi will not drive for Citroen and also if he would go to Monster they would terminate their 'longterm' sponsorship with Kimi...

Put Marko's words into this context and there's a new picture again where Red Bull values Kimi highly and.... something tells me that if Kimi would have wanted to continue in WRC (pure speculation from my side) then Red Bull would have sponsored the Junior Team.

What a meltdown and shock in the F1-forums when he comes back to F1 and to Red Bull :lol:

A slight correction. You mind..? :zz:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 11 Nov 2010, 12:01

Not me, I´d aim for Mr. Mateschitz :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 12:02

apple wrote:Well, why Kimi would make a documentary full of Red bull merchandise +published it2011 if he wouldnt have co-operation with them?

+1 Apple :shhh:

It's hardly some decision that Kimi has made on his own since we know how private the guy is. It's starting to sound like a tribute to his year in WRC, something Red Bull is behind. If Kimi was to terminate the sponsorship with Red Bull then it's hard to believe that they would come out with the documentary plus they have invested a lot of money in Kimi's fan-gear - designed by Uffe Tägström who said no to Alonso two years ago but has now started to design helmets for him....

But I have to say that it's a brilliant move from them if Red Bull is behind the documentary; hiring two guys who Kimi trusts and loves, his friends who stick with him through thick and thin, that is what I call a Master Plan :shhh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Nov 2010, 12:10

sammyosammy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:What a meltdown and shock in the F1-forums when he comes back to F1 and to Red Bull :lol:

A slight correction. You mind..? :zz:

Can't be sure yet, Sammy :fear:

I didn't believe in Alonso to Ferrari in 2010 until it was announced - the rumours had been going on for two years and I wanted to be sure of it first - and also accepted it :shhh:

Amazing thing though how Kimi's contract was terminated last season but still the belief in contracts is strong. Leo Turrini said last year that we all know by now that contracts are toilet paper so nothing is certain.

Honestly, here's two options, which one would you choose?

1. A driver who puts his team and team mate down in public.

2. A driver who deals with things inside the team and never taints the image of his team?

(sorry to all Mark-fans, this would have shocked me if it would have been a driver from any team, it's a personal opinion :hug: )

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 11 Nov 2010, 12:12

Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:

What a meltdown and shock in the F1-forums if he would come back to F1 and to Red Bull :lol:

but if Kimi is driving for Red Bull in F1 he wouldn't get a personal sponsorship deal. that doesn't fit...

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 11 Nov 2010, 12:15

Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:

Can we read this as: Kimi is free to choose any team (unless there is a conflict of interests as with Monster), but Red Bull will pay fo him and him only? So if he goes to Citroen Junior as an example, RB will not support both drivers and whole team. Only Kimi. Similar story with any other team.
In such case the cars can be in the same team but with different sponsorship - like Matthew Wilson and Henning Solberg.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 11 Nov 2010, 12:17

miezicat wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:

but if Kimi is driving for Red Bull in F1 he wouldn't get a personal sponsorship deal. that doesn't fit...

How come wouldn´t? I think Macca is the team not allowing personal sponsors. Weren`t RB for instance Kimi´s personal sponsor when he drove for reds..?

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Nov 2010, 12:17

Denorth wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:

Can we read this as: Kimi is free to choose any team (unless there is a conflict of interests as with Monster), but Red Bull will pay fo him and him only? So if he goes to Citroen Junior as an example, RB will not support both drivers and whole team. Only Kimi. Similar story with any other team.
In such case the cars can be in the same team but with different sponsorship - like Matthew Wilson and Henning Solberg.

that's how I read it too :thumbsup: