Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 28 Oct 2010, 12:37

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 10/1213675

Steve Robertson has confirmed to MTV3 that Kimi is not going to drive in F1 next year!

can somebody translate what he says about the negotiation situation? :pray:

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 28 Oct 2010, 12:51

Julia wrote:http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 10/1213675

Steve Robertson has confirmed to MTV3 that Kimi is not going to drive in F1 next year!

oh, some news from Steve already ))) hope Kimi'll find good place in rally

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 28 Oct 2010, 13:02

Afternoon! :wave:

That’s what I understand, but I’m also using the translator (definitively I have to take Finnish lessons, only problem is that there’s nowhere to take them where I live :<>: ).

I think he also says Kimi wants to rally and they’re discussing with several teams. Well, there’re only three of them so…

Does anybody know what Mäkinen is doing next season? IRC?

Does anybody know if MTV3 has called Robertson? or was it Roberson calling MTV3?

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 28 Oct 2010, 13:02

Lunna wrote:

oh, some news from Steve already ))) hope Kimi'll find good place in rally
so, hope he has good realistic options there! maybe we actually get announcement before rally GB. But Im skeptical... usually when they say in a couple of weeks it always takes atleat a month... so if something is announced before december im surprised...
Last edited by Julia on 28 Oct 2010, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 28 Oct 2010, 13:11

Mar wrote:

That’s what I understand, but I’m also using the translator (definitively I have to take Finnish lessons, only problem is that there’s nowhere to take them where I live :<>: ).

I think he also says Kimi wants to rally and they’re discussing with several teams. Well, there’re only three of them so…

Does anybody know if MTV3 has called Robertson? or was it Roberson calling MTV3?
afternoon! :wave:

I think last year there was also ruomors about Mäkinens or Petters teams as options to the factory teams...

I think MTV had call Robertson but usually hes just crule ie ignores them and gives no comments. If he wants to revel anything (he is the one calling) he always gives the story to Kulta/TS

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 28 Oct 2010, 13:22

Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:

I think last year there was also ruomors about Mäkinens or Petters teams as options to the factory teams...

I think MTV had call Robertson but usually hes just crule ie ignores them and gives no comments. If he wants to revel anything (he is the one calling) he always gives the story to Kulta/TS
That’s the point, I can not really believe he has revealed something like that to MTV3 unless they already have something else “unter Dach und Fach” (Sealed? Ready? Arg, I don't find the right words in English! :confused: ).

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 Oct 2010, 13:23

Here is what Steve Robertson said to MTV, I don't know if he is playing with words again or not :lol:
Steve Robertson confirmed to MTV3 that he is negotiating a rally-contract for his protegé for the next season too. The comeback to F1 is a closed option at least when it comes to next season.

- We aren't looking for possibilities in F1 anymore. Kimi seems to be more concentrated on rally at this moment, Robertson told.

Has Kimi turned his back on F1 for good?

- Never say never but at the moment the eye is not on F1, Robertson said.

- Nothing has been decided yet. We will tell when we have something to tell. At the moment nothing has been signed. We are negotiating with several different teams but I can't go more into it, Robertson said.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Oct 2010, 13:27

thanks Nicole :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 Oct 2010, 13:29

Kriss wrote:thanks Nicole :hug:
What do you think about it, Kriss?

Damn it's so easy to play with words and MTV3 has put their own words there but if you look at what Robertson said, what impression does it give to you?

Methinks this is again this hide and seek -game where nothing is conclusive :<>:

@Mar, I agree, he would most certainly not reveal anything to MTV3, they have been harrassing him again :lol:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 28 Oct 2010, 13:30

Wolfie wrote:Here is what Steve Robertson said to MTV, I don't know if he is playing with words again or not :lol:
Steve Robertson confirmed to MTV3 that he is negotiating a rally-contract for his protegé for the next season too. The comeback to F1 is a closed option at least when it comes to next season.

- We aren't looking for possibilities in F1 anymore. Kimi seems to be more concentrated on rally at this moment, Robertson told.

- Nothing has been decided yet. We will tell when we have something to tell. At the moment nothing has been signed. We are negotiating with several different teams but I can't go more into it, Robertson said.
Uy! :blink:

Thanks Wolfie! :hug:

Definitively, this guy (little Kimi) is making me suffer headaches!

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 28 Oct 2010, 13:31

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:

That’s the point, I can not really believe he has revealed something like that to MTV3 unless they already have something else “unter Dach und Fach” (Sealed? Ready? Arg, I don't find the right words in English! :confused: ).
they are just killing time, waiting for the layers to read through the papers and for the ink to dry?
Last edited by Julia on 28 Oct 2010, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 Oct 2010, 13:32

Mar wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Here is what Steve Robertson said to MTV, I don't know if he is playing with words again or not :lol:

Uy! :blink:

Thanks Wolfie! :hug:

Definitively, this guy (little Kimi) is making me suffer headaches!
:lol:

Mar, what do you think of the article or mainly about what Robertson said? Like you said, MTV3 is not the media he would go and reveal anything to but what is disturbing is the 'filling' words MTV3 puts in there - you never know if they are their conclusions or if they are based upon facts :<>:

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 28 Oct 2010, 13:38

Wolfie wrote:Mar, what do you think of the article or mainly about what Robertson said? Like you said, MTV3 is not the media he would go and reveal anything to but what is disturbing is the 'filling' words MTV3 puts in there - you never know if they are their conclusions or if they are based upon facts :<>:
But Steve's quote seems quite clear :confused:
Or you mean "Never say never but at the moment the eye is not on F1"? :lol:

iffie
car driver
car driver

Post by iffie » 28 Oct 2010, 13:40

Wolfie, what did I tell you...
I knew, I would jinx the whole thing! :(
Off-Topic: show
Guys, thank you all for your nice welcome! :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 Oct 2010, 13:40

Lunna wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Mar, what do you think of the article or mainly about what Robertson said? Like you said, MTV3 is not the media he would go and reveal anything to but what is disturbing is the 'filling' words MTV3 puts in there - you never know if they are their conclusions or if they are based upon facts :<>:
But Steve's quote seems quite clear :confused:
Or you mean "Never say never but at the moment the eye is not on F1"? :lol:
That's just what I meant, Lunna :lol:

For all we know he might be negotiating with TAG Heuer and other sponsors for F1 too :p

@ Iffie, no such thing as a jinx :hug: