It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 04:00

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:15  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Mar wrote:
I agree, the situation in the Red Bull (F1) is, at least, weird (I really don’t know how to describe the mess they have there). The last thing is Berger saying in Mateschitz’s TV channel that Webber didn’t brake on purpose on Sunday in order to take his title rivals out of the race with him.

Common sense would indicate that Red Bull might not have the same drivers next season. But, would Red Bull take Kimi or would they prefer a younger driver that would do what he’s told? And, would Kimi want to go to Red Bull?

We don’t know if the relationship between Webber and Red Bull is as rotten as it looks from the outside. And we don’t know (in case it’s really so rotten) which are the real reasons behind that fall apart; it looks it is about how much they care about Vettel, but we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes.


I find the statement veeeeeery Eddie-alike...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:17  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Maria d wrote:
i think they want the champ so bad, and having to lose it to the red team is going to be a punch in the gut for them. they had the best car, almost all the poles and front rows, and to lose it is going to drive them crazy. all the money they put into the team, the only thing they lacked is a champ driver. kimi would be so far ahead if given webbers car this year, he just doesnt make the mistakes mark makes.


So true Maria but it might change in a minute..if they´ll deliver it home. After that no-one remembers how poorly they handled the season..
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:18  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
sammyosammy wrote:
Mar wrote:
I agree, the situation in the Red Bull (F1) is, at least, weird (I really don’t know how to describe the mess they have there). The last thing is Berger saying in Mateschitz’s TV channel that Webber didn’t brake on purpose on Sunday in order to take his title rivals out of the race with him.

Common sense would indicate that Red Bull might not have the same drivers next season. But, would Red Bull take Kimi or would they prefer a younger driver that would do what he’s told? And, would Kimi want to go to Red Bull?

We don’t know if the relationship between Webber and Red Bull is as rotten as it looks from the outside. And we don’t know (in case it’s really so rotten) which are the real reasons behind that fall apart; it looks it is about how much they care about Vettel, but we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes.


I find the statement veeeeeery Eddie-alike...


You lost me there Sammy, what do you mean? (sometimes you're too cryptic :p )
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:19  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Mar wrote:
I agree, the situation in the Red Bull (F1) is, at least, weird (I really don’t know how to describe the mess they have there). The last thing is Berger saying in Mateschitz’s TV channel that Webber didn’t brake on purpose on Sunday in order to take his title rivals out of the race with him.

Common sense would indicate that Red Bull might not have the same drivers next season. But, would Red Bull take Kimi or would they prefer a younger driver that would do what he’s told? And, would Kimi want to go to Red Bull?

We don’t know if the relationship between Webber and Red Bull is as rotten as it looks from the outside. And we don’t know (in case it’s really so rotten) which are the real reasons behind that fall apart; it looks it is about how much they care about Vettel, but we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes.


I agree with you, Mar :wave:

Rosberg also complained why Webber didn't use his brakes on Sunday...

About the situation inside Red Bull... Someone told me a few months ago something that I can't repeat here but it could be that things are bad inside the team - or not - sorry for the mystery :blush: - but it wouldn't surprise me if Red Bull would have a new line-up next season.

Pure speculation of course and it has nothing to do with 'I want Kimi there!!!!!'.

@Sleenster, Kimi didn't exactly lie last year but he certainly didn't tell about his plans either. Citroen came as a shock and later on it was clear that the deal was made with Red Bull. Kimi himself talked about possibly having a sabbatical and other diiba-daaba but nothing he said implied that he would go to WRC, Citroen and have a contract with Red Bull.

As a matter of fact it did cross my mind last year but people told me that I'm paranoid. During the endseason in f1 I suddenly paid attention to Kimi having the Red Bull -drink in every freaking picture and I hadn't noticed it before.

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:19  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Maria d wrote:
i think they want the champ so bad, and having to lose it to the red team is going to be a punch in the gut for them. they had the best car, almost all the poles and front rows, and to lose it is going to drive them crazy. all the money they put into the team, the only thing they lacked is a champ driver. kimi would be so far ahead if given webbers car this year, he just doesnt make the mistakes mark makes.

It doesn't always have to be only about the drivers. Even if they have had the best car this year, they also haven't had the best reliability (especially when it comes to Vettel). We don't know if Kimi is going to be so far ahead if he had Webber's car, he could be the one plagued with freak reliability problems instead of Vettel and then everyone will be bashing Kimi for something that is not his fault, just like how people are bashing Vettel.

The other thing was how poorly the team handled the Turkey situation, if they had just let the drivers finish as they were and not fight each other, it could have made a difference at this point. You can have the best drivers in a team, but if you have poor team management they can screw it up that way too.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:23  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Mar wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
Mar wrote:
I agree, the situation in the Red Bull (F1) is, at least, weird (I really don’t know how to describe the mess they have there). The last thing is Berger saying in Mateschitz’s TV channel that Webber didn’t brake on purpose on Sunday in order to take his title rivals out of the race with him.

Common sense would indicate that Red Bull might not have the same drivers next season. But, would Red Bull take Kimi or would they prefer a younger driver that would do what he’s told? And, would Kimi want to go to Red Bull?

We don’t know if the relationship between Webber and Red Bull is as rotten as it looks from the outside. And we don’t know (in case it’s really so rotten) which are the real reasons behind that fall apart; it looks it is about how much they care about Vettel, but we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes.


I find the statement veeeeeery Eddie-alike...


You lost me there Sammy, what do you mean? (sometimes you're too cryptic :p )


You drive at wet, get to the painted area by the track, loose it, spin, hit HARD on the walls. The last thing in Your mind will be "uups, not gonna hit the brakes, maybe I can take some-one with me"... It really is ridiculous, total BS.

(eddie-alike = eddie jordan-like)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:26  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Posts: 1771
Location: New York
the reason i picked webbers car was the fact it had less reliability problems, and i was thing about the race when weber tried to fly his car over a lotus . and not to mention the last race when he slammed it into a wall.
kimi=great, webber=good

_________________
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:31  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Maria d wrote:
the reason i picked webbers car was the fact it had less reliability problems, and i was thing about the race when weber tried to fly his car over a lotus . and not to mention the last race when he slammed it into a wall.
kimi=great, webber=good

Yes but there's no guarantee that Kimi will have exactly the same amount of luck as Webber when it comes to reliability...... I'm sure we are all very familiar with Kimi's luck when it comes to reliability from past experience........
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:34  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
sammyosammy wrote:
You drive at wet, get to the painted area by the track, loose it, spin, hit HARD on the walls. The last thing in Your mind will be "uups, not gonna hit the brakes, maybe I can take some-one with me"... It really is ridiculous, total BS.

(eddie-alike = eddie jordan-like)


Aaaaaah! Now I get it. Sammy, I can not watch Eddie Jordan (only Lobato Image and RTL).

I didn’t mean Webber did that on purpose. I suppose only Webber and maybe the team (if there’s something strange in the telemetry) can know about it. What I find weird is that Berger goes to Mateschitz’s TV to say that.

In other words, you have somebody who’s very close to the team owner, going to the team owner’s TV, where people only say nice things about everything remotely related to the owner, to say one of the drivers of the owner’s team is a dirty guy. That’s telling me there’s something strange going on in RBR, I just don’t know what it is.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:39  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Mar wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
You drive at wet, get to the painted area by the track, loose it, spin, hit HARD on the walls. The last thing in Your mind will be "uups, not gonna hit the brakes, maybe I can take some-one with me"... It really is ridiculous, total BS.

(eddie-alike = eddie jordan-like)


Aaaaaah! Now I get it. Sammy, I can not watch Eddie Jordan (only Lobato Image and RTL).

I didn’t mean Webber did that on purpose. I suppose only Webber and maybe the team (if there’s something strange in the telemetry) can know about it. What I find weird is that Berger goes to Mateschitz’s TV to say that.

In other words, you have somebody who’s very close to the team owner, going to the team owner’s TV, where people only say nice things about everything remotely related to the owner, to say one of the drivers of the owner’s team is a dirty guy. That’s telling me there’s something strange going on in RBR, I just don’t know what it is.


Putting it like that..You´re right. There might be something going on. Wasn´t familiar that he said it on Mateschitz-owned channel. Maybe Mr. Berger is a messenger - not eddie-alike :O
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:44  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Posts: 1771
Location: New York
sleenster wrote:
Maria d wrote:
the reason i picked webbers car was the fact it had less reliability problems, and i was thing about the race when weber tried to fly his car over a lotus . and not to mention the last race when he slammed it into a wall.
kimi=great, webber=good

Yes but there's no guarantee that Kimi will have exactly the same amount of luck as Webber when it comes to reliability...... I'm sure we are all very familiar with Kimi's luck when it comes to reliability from past experience........

i am just going by my gut feeling ,kimi to red bull f1 in 2011, i have said it from the start and i will hold my line. i may be wrong,but its just the way i feel.

_________________
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:52  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Maria d wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Maria d wrote:
the reason i picked webbers car was the fact it had less reliability problems, and i was thing about the race when weber tried to fly his car over a lotus . and not to mention the last race when he slammed it into a wall.
kimi=great, webber=good

Yes but there's no guarantee that Kimi will have exactly the same amount of luck as Webber when it comes to reliability...... I'm sure we are all very familiar with Kimi's luck when it comes to reliability from past experience........

i am just going by my gut feeling ,kimi to red bull f1 in 2011, i have said it from the start and i will hold my line. i may be wrong,but its just the way i feel.

And you are definitely entitled to trust your gut feelings :hug:

But it's nice to discuss and debate about this since this is the speculation thread after all :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:25  
Courtesy TaniaS

Quote:
In my opinion, Raikkonen is already negotiating with RedBull and he will race with Citroen Junior Team next year too. I don't know when they will make the announce, but you'll see he will stay in WRC and with Citroen.

Olivier Quesnel


Sounds gooddddddddddd! :cool:

http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p ... jpg?psid=1
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:27  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Maria d wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Maria d wrote:
the reason i picked webbers car was the fact it had less reliability problems, and i was thing about the race when weber tried to fly his car over a lotus . and not to mention the last race when he slammed it into a wall.
kimi=great, webber=good

Yes but there's no guarantee that Kimi will have exactly the same amount of luck as Webber when it comes to reliability...... I'm sure we are all very familiar with Kimi's luck when it comes to reliability from past experience........

i am just going by my gut feeling ,kimi to red bull f1 in 2011, i have said it from the start and i will hold my line. i may be wrong,but its just the way i feel.


Maria, I so follow You but...technically I should debate You every single way I can. More debate > more pages. I once said (when You estimated #300) we´ll hit #500 before the announcement takes it´s place :hug:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:30  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
sammyosammy wrote:
Maria d wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Maria d wrote:
the reason i picked webbers car was the fact it had less reliability problems, and i was thing about the race when weber tried to fly his car over a lotus . and not to mention the last race when he slammed it into a wall.
kimi=great, webber=good

Yes but there's no guarantee that Kimi will have exactly the same amount of luck as Webber when it comes to reliability...... I'm sure we are all very familiar with Kimi's luck when it comes to reliability from past experience........

i am just going by my gut feeling ,kimi to red bull f1 in 2011, i have said it from the start and i will hold my line. i may be wrong,but its just the way i feel.


Maria, I so follow You but...technically I should debate You every single way I can. More debate > more pages. I once said (when You estimated #300) we´ll hit #500 before the announcement takes it´s place :hug:

Kimi said he should be announcing something before Rally GB (unless he's not being truthful again!) so we need to hurry up and produce +200 pages in less than 3 weeks!
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB