Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Acropolis » 28 May 2010, 12:51

It seems we are in front of a mystery whose answer only Mr Raikkonen I'm sure knows, no matter what he says...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 13:18

saif wrote:did you people read this:

Citroen boss Olivier Quesnel when questioned about his drivers on WRC Radio. "Ogier has shown on gravel that he is up there with the best but he still needs to learn on tarmac and on unique events like Wales. I hope that next year, we will have Loeb, Sordo and Ogier." Quesnel adds that Loeb hasn't yet confirmed he wants to continue next year but states; "I hope he will stay. He can stay for the next 20 years if he wants to!"

what happens to Kimi then ... firstly the 3 car thing came up, now again saying names of these drivers ... :huh: :huh: :huh:

Hello Saif :wave:

It starts looking like Kimi won't be in WRC next year :(

If you think about it, the most stupid thing Red Bull could do would be to announce Kimi at this point of the season when they are fighting for the championship?

Or... maybe Loeb is retiring and Kimi is taking his place :shhh:

Oh God, numerous different explanations :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 28 May 2010, 13:23

Wolfie wrote:

Citroen boss Olivier Quesnel when questioned about his drivers on WRC Radio. "Ogier has shown on gravel that he is up there with the best but he still needs to learn on tarmac and on unique events like Wales. I hope that next year, we will have Loeb, Sordo and Ogier." Quesnel adds that Loeb hasn't yet confirmed he wants to continue next year but states; "I hope he will stay. He can stay for the next 20 years if he wants to!"

what happens to Kimi then ... firstly the 3 car thing came up, now again saying names of these drivers ... :huh: :huh: :huh:

If you think about it, the most stupid thing Red Bull could do would be to announce Kimi at this point of the season when they are fighting for the championship?

i just hope that Kimi is racing somewhere, be it F1 or WRC or both
:pray:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 28 May 2010, 13:28

Wolfie wrote:

Does not mean that he won´t be at WRC next year...there is still Ford or maybe some other teams
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 28 May 2010, 13:29

The BOOK of MYSTERY

Theory no.1: Kimi wants to continue Rallye. He spoke with Mäkkinen if he could join his squad. Quesnel knows about his plans.
Theory no.2: Kimi wants to continue Rallye. But Quesnel and Citroen plan just a three car team next year,with their best drivers atm leaving Kimi without a seat.
Theory no.3: Kimi doesn´t know yet what he´s going to make. RBR closed the doors. Quesnel too. Not many options left.
Theory no.4: Kimi doesn´t know yet what he´s going to make. Quesnel closed the doors. RBR hasn´t made their mind up till 100%.
Theory no.5: Kimi doesn´t know yet what he´s going to make. Contacts to Sauber, Mercedes ?!
Theory no.6: Kimi already decided about his future. He wants to come back to F1. Which team, he hasn´t many options.
Theory no.7: Kimi already decided about his future. He wants to come back to F1. RBR just play hide&seek.
Theory no.8: Kimi switches to Nascar, Moto GP etc

Choose Kimbo :p
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 28 May 2010, 13:30

:blink: :blink: :blink:

For me it's not something suspicious. Of course he talks about these 3 drivers because they are Citroen drivers, Kimi is in the Junior Team because of RedBull sponsorship.
There's no need for Quesnel to talk about Kimi in next year plans, for now he has a 1 year deal with RedBull.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 28 May 2010, 13:34

Lynx'niK wrote:The BOOK of MYSTERY

Theory no.1: Kimi wants to continue Rallye. He spoke with Mäkkinen if he could join his squad. Quesnel knows about his plans.
Theory no.2: Kimi wants to continue Rallye. But Quesnel and Citroen plan just a three car team next year,with their best drivers atm leaving Kimi without a seat.
Theory no.3: Kimi doesn´t know yet what he´s going to make. RBR closed the doors. Quesnel too. Not many options left.
Theory no.4: Kimi doesn´t know yet what he´s going to make. Quesnel closed the doors. RBR hasn´t made their mind up till 100%.
Theory no.5: Kimi doesn´t know yet what he´s going to make. Contacts to Sauber, Mercedes ?!
Theory no.6: Kimi already decided about his future. He wants to come back to F1. Which team, he hasn´t many options.
Theory no.7: Kimi already decided about his future. He wants to come back to F1. RBR just play hide&seek.

Theory no.9 Kimi has made a contract and it will be published later in Summer.
I miss a babysitter

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 28 May 2010, 13:38

Theory no.10: Jenny is pregnant - Kimi wants to be a fulltime daddy

to be continued...
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 28 May 2010, 13:39

Lynx'niK wrote:Theory no.10: Jenny is pregnant - Kimi wants to be a fulltime daddy

to be continued...

This is the best so far :cool:
I miss a babysitter

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 14:36

Lynx'niK wrote:The BOOK of MYSTERY

Brilliant Lynx :shhh:

Old news from February, Aftonbladet:

RED BULL OPENS THE DOOR TO F1 FOR RÄIKKÖNEN

Will Kimi be in F1 in 2011? In Red Bull?

– That is absolutely not a dumb idea, Helmut Marko says.

– He has a contract with Red Bull so let's see how things develop. We are a big family, Red Bull, where the most is possible, Helmut Marko said.

– Let's see how it goes in WRC, how he feels after the season. But it's absolutely not a bad idea, if I can express myself that way, Helmut Marko said.

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 28 May 2010, 14:43

Räikkönen: No negotiations for future

Kimi Räikkönen, who moved from F1 to rally this season, has not yet decided what he's going to do next year.

In the beginning of the year Räikkönen said that he would decide at midseason whether he wants to continue his rally career or go back to F1.

- I think there's still time. I myself haven't decided anything yet. Let's see what happens, Räikkönen said mysteriously to MTV3.

Räikkönen drives rally with Citroen machinery and is sponsored by Red Bull. But Kimi hasn't negotiated about a seat with the Red Bull team which has been strong this season.

- I've negotiated with nobody. Let's just drive rally now.

On Thursday Red Bull team boss Christian Horner implied that Räikkönen is not about to move to his F1 team for next year.

(MTV3)

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/05/1133170

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 May 2010, 14:45

It's like Kimi is standing still in time and all the world is passing him by. :(

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 14:49

Even if he negotiated would he say it clear? I don't think so. He should know that there isn't much time left! LOL With that "let's drive rally now" sentence he clearly cuts the conversation as if he didn't want to say anything.

It's like last year when he kept telling that he has a contract with Ferrari and they kept telling that Kimi and Massa are their drivers for 2010...
Last edited by Kinga on 28 May 2010, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 28 May 2010, 14:49

???

Theorie no.5 seems close :lol:

BUT Theorie no.11: Kimi doesn´t know yet what he´s going to make. He HAS time. HAS he? How does he know if he doesn´t talk with teams?? :zz:

reminds me of the mysterious Ferrari time :n

... @sleenster: +1!!
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 14:51

Dracaena wrote:
Räikkönen: No negotiations for future

Kimi Räikkönen, who moved from F1 to rally this season, has not yet decided what he's going to do next year.

In the beginning of the year Räikkönen said that he would decide at midseason whether he wants to continue his rally career or go back to F1.

- I think there's still time. I myself haven't decided anything yet. Let's see what happens, Räikkönen said mysteriously to MTV3.

Räikkönen drives rally with Citroen machinery and is sponsored by Red Bull. But Kimi hasn't negotiated about a seat with the Red Bull team which has been strong this season.

- I've negotiated with nobody. Let's just drive rally now.

On Thursday Red Bull team boss Christian Horner implied that Räikkönen is not about to move to his F1 team for next year.

(MTV3)

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/05/1133170

Thanks Dracaena :hug:

It only makes me more and more sure that it's going to be Red Bull. If he hasn't negotiated with anyone it also means he has something already negotiated - like Red Bull. Remember how Mr. Turrini said straight away that Kimi has a long contract with Red Bull and he will be in F1 next season - in Red Bull.