Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 27 May 2010, 19:42

Maria d wrote:
if Kimi did not go to rally i would have never have met all of you,you people are great,its a happy place to be.

+1 :)

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 27 May 2010, 19:46

luieluv wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
luieluv wrote:i am also pissed with Horner here for coming out in public and saying that Kimi was never an option for them. Just coz Webber is on a Roll, Horner has been courageous in making such a comment.

He said the same before. Just everybody interpreted his words the way it fitted what they wanted to hear from him.

I beg to differ. Horner never clearly stated that Kimi is never an option.

A few weeks ago it was printed in milder words because everybody speculated about kicking Webber out - wich was false assumtion anyway. Now its printed as a definite no because they assume the opposit
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 27 May 2010, 19:48

apple wrote:Or Kimi has made his desicion.
But on the other hand, do you see how this rally adventure has been taken us together, much more than in F1. I know this takes a lot more time to follow but at the same time its fun to change words with everybody here and now , not after the race. This is different in so many ways and look at the bright side, now we can watch F1 with neutrality and keep on poking here and there . And some day there will be driver to cheer for again.

To tell the truth, I was sometimes a bit disappointed of the official forum, I don´t know why so many people go online there to just shout up their mouth and following how kimi is blowin the ace of ...

I like this forum :hug:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 May 2010, 19:59

Wolfie wrote:
phil1993 wrote:The top five teams will stick with their line ups - guaranteed. Kubica has Renault build around him, whilst Webber -> Ferrari would be a step down for him and why would he go up against Alonso? Kubica to Ferrari? Can't see it happening. Massa will improve & Ferrari love Massa anyway.

But why are they giving out so dodgy statements, Phil? That's one thing that makes me think they are thinking of replacing him - and with Fisico - sadly. For obvious reasons :zz:

Replacing Massa with Fisichella? :lol: :lol:

Seriously, Ferrari will stick with Massa. Good number 2 to Alonso who is fast enough to be able to help Ferrari in the WCC. I think Massa's chance has gone but he will remain with Ferrari.

Yes, I agree, most drivers want to drive for Ferrari. But for Webber, he is happy at RBR and why change? They have a very good car and it will probably be this way next year. The others are playing catch up. Ferrari is not the same team it was between 2000 and 2004. They are no longer the best.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 28 May 2010, 02:49

When asked, in the wake of progress on Webber's contract, whether Raikkonen ever been an option for the team, Horner said: "No. Kimi has committed himself to rallying, and he seems to be enjoying that environment.

Horner did not come out saying Kimi was never an option. It's one thing to say they are not considering Kimi NOW. But to say Red Bull NEVER considered Kimi would be a flat-out lie. Anyway, Horner has said nothing. The reporter asked if Kimi has ever been an option. Horner said - Kimi is committed to rallying, he is enjoying, blah blah.. No is more of a refusal to the question itself rather answering the question as a NO. To me that 'no' means nothing, it's a casual 'no' you would say when you don't want to answer a question. Nothing here..
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 06:17

SpaMaster wrote:
When asked, in the wake of progress on Webber's contract, whether Raikkonen ever been an option for the team, Horner said: "No. Kimi has committed himself to rallying, and he seems to be enjoying that environment.

Horner did not come out saying Kimi was never an option. It's one thing to say they are not considering Kimi NOW. But to say Red Bull NEVER considered Kimi would be a flat-out lie. Anyway, Horner has said nothing. The reporter asked if Kimi has ever been an option. Horner said - Kimi is committed to rallying, he is enjoying, blah blah.. No is more of a refusal to the question itself rather answering the question as a NO. To me that 'no' means nothing, it's a casual 'no' you would say when you don't want to answer a question. Nothing here..

Absolutely right! We - blinded Kimi fans - always need your calmness, dear Dheeban! I was waiting for your response to that article. I'm not dissapointed. :p

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 28 May 2010, 06:26

SpaMaster wrote:

Great post :shhh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 28 May 2010, 07:22

SpaMaster wrote:

:thumbsup: :shhh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 08:20

SpaMaster wrote:

This goes in the same category as what Domi said to the press about Massa continuing next year:

- Yes. I think so. :lol:

And everybody is now sure that Massa will continue next year...

Here's a thought.... Could it be possible (and I'm not looking for excuses since I'm fine with Kimi in WRC) that Kimi had an option for 2011 with Ferrari?

Would that mean Santander would be paying him for next year too? Knowing Robertsons they must have milked everything out of Ferrari :zz:

Then there's one other thing also. Kimi is not the type of guy who goes bragging. He has stated very clearly that if he wants to come back to F1, he can.

Off-Topic: show
Dheeban, about Tashka, are things good now with the c-treatment meaning she has good chances of recovering fully? You probably know more about the prospects than I do.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 08:26

Wolfie wrote:This goes in the same category as what Domi said to the press about Massa continuing next year:

- Yes. I think so. :lol:

And everybody is now sure that Massa will continue next year...

Yeah, lol. I was like... sure... :roll::

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 28 May 2010, 08:32

The robertsons been so quite lately... No sign of them... Not in the wrc or even in the paddock... Makes me think that the already have something in their hand and it's only a matter on time for kimi to finally signed them or not.... I think they are quite for a reason.....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 08:35

Vida wrote:The robertsons been so quite lately... No sign of them... Not in the wrc or even in the paddock... Makes me think that the already have something in their hand and it's only a matter on time for kimi to finally signed them or not.... I think they are quite for a reason.....

I was actually happy that Kimi kept such a low profile in Monaco since he didn't get wasted and spilled everything out to the reporters :lol:

It takes a lot of self-confidence to stay away from the buzz. Had he been walking on the paddock in daylight and followed the races from Red Bull's garage for example there would have been a storm around him. Yet he chose to stay on his boat and go out when it was dark :cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 08:38

Wolfie wrote:
Vida wrote:The robertsons been so quite lately... No sign of them... Not in the wrc or even in the paddock... Makes me think that the already have something in their hand and it's only a matter on time for kimi to finally signed them or not.... I think they are quite for a reason.....

I was actually happy that Kimi kept such a low profile in Monaco since he didn't get wasted and spilled everything out to the reporters :lol:

It takes a lot of self-confidence to stay away from the buzz. Had he been walking on the paddock in daylight and followed the races from Red Bull's garage for example there would have been a storm around him. Yet he chose to stay on his boat and go out when it was dark :cool:

That was totally the style I was expecting from him. Had he been in the paddock all the time, now that would have been quite surprising and totally not Kimi-like. :)

I'm wondering where the Robertsons are? :confused:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 28 May 2010, 12:40

Wolfie wrote:

Actually he was reportedly watching the race in the RB HQ. He just kept a low profile. I wonder how. Even those journos he trusts didn't write anthing about him. Not even lighthearted stuff. Like he's invisible or something
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 28 May 2010, 12:48

did you people read this:

Citroen boss Olivier Quesnel when questioned about his drivers on WRC Radio. "Ogier has shown on gravel that he is up there with the best but he still needs to learn on tarmac and on unique events like Wales. I hope that next year, we will have Loeb, Sordo and Ogier." Quesnel adds that Loeb hasn't yet confirmed he wants to continue next year but states; "I hope he will stay. He can stay for the next 20 years if he wants to!"

:blink: :blink: :blink:

what happens to Kimi then ... firstly the 3 car thing came up, now again saying names of these drivers ... :huh: :huh: :huh:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan