It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 11:39

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 19:28  
F1 Driver

Ok, but this is a different thing....I would like to see him wipe them all out at Spa too!
I just think that if he, himself, didn't feel he had a chance, he wouldn't do it....And he can calculate all probabilities better, since he has more data....
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 19:32  
GP2 Driver

Moominpappa wrote:
spinster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
I believe that Kimi has improved much during this year. All people near he told that. And when thinking of conditions in France, Kimi was amazing in my mind. This was not tarmac rally as we expected. I think that Kimi could get some podiums next year and I really want see it. After that he is enough near the top that there is no reason to leave rally because of pace.

Yeah - and I am not interested of F1 at all :lol:

F1 is still great to me...but we all look it a bit different without our Kimi...

But for me, to be honoust, i was impressed in the beginning with his speed but now i'm not that sure anymore he can reach the top, and yes i wanna see my Kimi winning!! :n

I am followed F1 since -82. The main seasons was 87-98 and after that my interesting has gone. Kimi was only reason to see what there was on going. I guess that last F1 race what I am seen was about -04? Still I have a clear opinion for teams and drivers, reasons for something etc.

And I must say that I like your writings. I know myself and I can see my own colored glasses :O I respect all of you here. (and maybe you didn't know but I am liked Citroens since -82/-83 :zz: . Right now I have two Citroen :) )

I agree so much with you F1 was much nicer to watch in the 80 or 90's...

haha where's the time of vatanen in Paris-Dakar with Citroën? :n

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 19:39  
F1 Driver

spinster wrote:
Acropolis wrote:
I am not sure if we can measure Kimi's progress as a mean value from all rallies he did this year, since the parameters are always different.
IMO comparisons can be made only between seasons, so to know how he's doing, we need at least one more season.
And I think we cannot compare him to any other driver....All of them, even if they drive a specific rally for the first time, have driven dozens of other rallies. If Kimi was not a champion or if there wasn't a purpose for doing so, people would not evaluate him so harshly...I think...

I like rally and i like Kimi very much BUT quote me later on this...if he stays in rally he will never reach top 3... and for sure not when wrc becomes more competitive...

But the thing atleast I have accepted is that Kimi wanted a new challenge and he wanted to know how good rallydriver he can become. He already know that he can be the best, the WDC in F1.

He had a dream becoming a WDC in WRC and now he trying if it is possible.... as you're own signature says: Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

As long as Kimi himself thinks he is making progress, thinks he can still get better and succeed one day (reaching the podium, winning or maybe even fight for his dream, the WDC etc.), as long as he find the time worth spending on the sport...he is probably going to continue. The day he realizes he cant get any better he most probably calls it a day and takes the next challenge.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 19:52  
GP2 Driver

Julia,

Greet thing to say don't dream your life, mive your dreams... but i think Kimi always did that... and it's my vision in life...

but anyhow i think that Kimi said last year he was going to take a sabbatical...if he would have decided to quit f1 he would have told that.

My guess is that we really wanted to clear his mind for a year...than comeback and give them S*** and than off to rally to try to become a proper rally driver

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 20:49  
F1 Routinier

spinster wrote:
Julia,

Greet thing to say don't dream your life, mive your dreams... but i think Kimi always did that... and it's my vision in life...

but anyhow i think that Kimi said last year he was going to take a sabbatical...if he would have decided to quit f1 he would have told that.

My guess is that we really wanted to clear his mind for a year...than comeback and give them S*** and than off to rally to try to become a proper rally driver

I actually like it how we are having different opinions here since it's enjoyable to debate with all of you :wave:

@ Stumm, I also think in the same lines as you do where MW is concerned :shhh:

@ Apple, lots of angels :hug:

The reason why I'm not sure at all if Kimi will stay in WRC is that he must by now know that he can't drive flat-out like he could in F1 and if he is satisfied with the slower speed then fine but part of me thinks that he must be craving to sit in a F1-car and be able to drive it to the limit instead of learning to drive carefully with a numerous of different factors.

And people, don't shoot me but Kimi's car was fine in France, he could have continued with the super rally on Sunday but he decided to call it a day. That's not Kimi. What bothers me even more is that the guy has been writing his columns ever since 2007 with pre- and reviews and now Kaitsu wrote the review.

Maybe he is out of energy and that's why he rather calls it a day than is 'shoveling with a mini-shovel' for 30 minutes and gives it all he has.

And like the editorial said: Rally isn't about tarmac. On tarmac Kimi is super fast.

@ Moominpappa, what if Kimi would go to Monster, what happens to Citroen? Which one is more important to you, Kimi or Citroen? I have been thinking of asking you a long long time :p

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 20:51  
F1 Driver

spinster wrote:
Julia,

yeah, he was quite clear that when he left F1 after last year he hadn't made his final decision about whenever or not to drive F1 anymore, if he had been 100% sure he would have said it (as he so nicely said in the Renault case :lol: ). And as long as he is keeping the door back to F1 even a little open there is always a chance he is going back for a couple of years, I'm not denying it and I as everybody else would love that he would go back, weep the floor with the others and take atleast one WDC more (because he is wort more than one)... and then take up his dream of becoming a WDC in WRC. Thats the fairytale ending I have planned for his career ... :shhh:

But then we have the reality... and it is that there aren't any visible seats in a championship winning teams at the moment and as we know he isn't going back there just to make up numbers... OK, anything is possible in F1 but until I see a sillyseason bomb I'm assuming that he isn't going to drive there anymore or atleast next year and the year 2012 starting to be quite far away for a comeback, well I dont know what Kimi himself think aout 2012
And quite frankly I think he knew what he was doing when he said no to Mclaren, Mercedes, renault, toyota and RBF1 last year and not signing any contract/options with RBF1 for the year 2011. He must have knew that the chances of him getting a seat to next year was going to be much smaller but he still choose to go rallying 2010 whitout any F1 contracts sealed for 2011, so he already ones choose rally instead of F1. So even if he maybe have second thought (as wolfie is assuming :O ) there isn't any free seats in winning cars in F1 at the moment.

And for the record If I would have got to choose (the best option from my point of view) for him last year he would be already sealed this years WDC with Mclaren and of course had been driving rallies in his free weekends. :cool:

Last edited by Julia on 16 Oct 2010, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 21:01  
F1 Routinier

@ Julia, how can you say that there aren't any seats left after we saw what happened with Kimi last year?

That's the main reason I'm not ruling out anything, everything is possible in F1 and like one reporter said in these lines 'we don't know what clauses the contracts contain of, there might be something about switching to another team or as a test driver - things that the management gets to decide, not the driver'.

It ain't over until it's over :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 21:06  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:
And people, don't shoot me but Kimi's car was fine in France, he could have continued with the super rally on Sunday but he decided to call it a day. That's not Kimi. What bothers me even more is that the guy has been writing his columns ever since 2007 with pre- and reviews and now Kaitsu wrote the review.

wolfie,

...so we just have to follow his every move and word on the next rally and analyze it atleast in 100 pages on the speculation thread is he regretting or not :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 21:11  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:
@ Julia, how can you say that there aren't any seats left after we saw what happened with Kimi last year?

That's the main reason I'm not ruling out anything, everything is possible in F1 and like one reporter said in these lines 'we don't know what clauses the contracts contain of, there might be something about switching to another team or as a test driver - things that the management gets to decide, not the driver'.

@wolfie,

I said there arent any visible seats left :n thats the reason Im not totally ruling out a return but dont think the chances are so big for it to happen... and we know the truth in december, hopefully.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 21:13  
GP2 Driver

Wolfie wrote:

that's the spirit and oh so true Wolfie :hug:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 21:29  
F1 Routinier

Julia wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

wolfie,

...so we just have to follow his every move and word on the next rally and analyze it atleast in 100 pages on the speculation thread is he regretting or not :lol:

But Julia, didn't you wonder over Kimi not continuing on Sunday? But we do follow the rally in at least 100 pages so methinks the speculation will move over there during the rally :lol:

Isn't this fun :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 21:31  
F1 Routinier

spinster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

that's the spirit and oh so true Wolfie :hug:

Spinne, so good to have someone with the same thoughts here :hug:

We have a bet with rko281, the one who wins gets to dictate the signature to the loser :n

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 22:19  
F1 Routinier

@Julia
I am with you 110%!!! At least you have a healthy dose of reality :zz:

@Wolfie
In the autosport article, it said that Kimi found out in France that his sponsorship was not going to renewed. Of course that would have made him so p****d off so what's the point of restarting after he knew that he probably won't even have any place to drive next year.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 22:36  
F1 Driver

sleenster wrote:
@Julia
I am with you 110%!!! At least you have a healthy dose of reality :zz:

@Wolfie
In the autosport article, it said that Kimi found out in France that his sponsorship was not going to renewed. Of course that would have made him so p****d off so what's the point of restarting after he knew that he probably won't even have any place to drive next year.

I agree with you Sleen, I am with Julia also! :thumbsup: The last news are making me crazy!!! :blink: I jus want a final word, for bad or for good!!! :fear:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 23:14  
F1 Rookie

spinster wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:
spinster: Not sure about me. A WRC championship is the one that I hope for the most. But there are lot of people here who would give their right hands to get Kimi back into F1. Walking to Lourdes should be a walk in the park for them. :lol:

Off-Topic: show
SpaMaster where are you from, because I'm a Belgian so Spa is my home ;-)

I want him to continue in rally also but first payback time in F1 :n

Off-Topic: show
I am from India. But you would have known me as Dheeban from Kimi forum.

SpaMaster is not me. It's Kimi. Hence the screenname.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 385  Next