Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Oct 2010, 18:18

I believe that Kimi has improved much during this year. All people near he told that. And when thinking of conditions in France, Kimi was amazing in my mind. This was not tarmac rally as we expected. I think that Kimi could get some podiums next year and I really want see it. After that he is enough near the top that there is no reason to leave rally because of pace.

Yeah - and I am not interested of F1 at all :lol:
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Oct 2010, 18:19

Moominpappa wrote:I believe that Kimi has improved much during this year. All people near he told that. And when thinking of conditions in France, Kimi was amazing in my mind. This was not tarmac rally as we expected. I think that Kimi could get some podiums next year and I really want see it. After that he is enough near the top that there is no reason to leave rally because of pace.

:lol: mostly well said
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 15 Oct 2010, 18:23

luieluv wrote:
spinster wrote:we finally agree :lol:

:) :thumbsup:

Is it now I am suppose to tell you two the raw truth that Kimi actually doesn't care where You want him to race. Stubborn as he is he actually chooses what the heck he wants and we just have to accept it :lol: ... but its nice that you to agree on where You want him to race :hug:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Oct 2010, 18:26

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:

Is it now I am suppose to tell you two the raw truth that Kimi actually doesn't care where You want him to race. Stubborn as he is he actually chooses what the heck he wants and we just have to accept it :lol: ... but its nice that you to agree on where You want him to race :hug:

Actually not.. My preferred option is WRC and Spinster's is F1. But i can do away with F1 too.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Oct 2010, 18:30

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:

Seriously.... :lol:
Just because people WANT it to happen and BELIEVE it is going to happen, doesn't mean Kimi is going to do it.

I would like to say my preference is for Kimi to be a 9 times WDC in F1, one for every year he was in F1. Just because it's my preference doesn't make it come true though. :lol:
Last edited by sleenster on 15 Oct 2010, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 15 Oct 2010, 18:31

Moominpappa wrote:I believe that Kimi has improved much during this year. All people near he told that. And when thinking of conditions in France, Kimi was amazing in my mind. This was not tarmac rally as we expected. I think that Kimi could get some podiums next year and I really want see it. After that he is enough near the top that there is no reason to leave rally because of pace.

F1 is still great to me...but we all look it a bit different without our Kimi...

But for me, to be honoust, i was impressed in the beginning with his speed but now i'm not that sure anymore he can reach the top, and yes i wanna see my Kimi winning!! :n
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 15 Oct 2010, 18:31

stumm wrote:
spinster wrote:if you read my quote well i said Mw to ferrari :lol:

Oops! Sorry! I'm blind today apparently :blush:

Dont worry, we circulate the same stories and opinions to the end of the world or at least to the point where Kimi says" Iam driving next year..."

Are everyone gone mad? Here at home I am fighting with diseases, latest victim is my hubby which is forcing me to go to work am I on sick leave or not. I couldnt be less worried where Kimi drives next year and I just want to say he is definitely driving somewhere.
Another thing is Kimi is really driving his f i r s t year in WRC. Did someone expect him to be on top places at once? Like Marcus said Kimi is doing mistakes every rally driver is making as a junior. Kimi just isnt in his early twenties in some lower serie. He is in WRC and that makes people to believe he is on top level at once. He isnt, ofcourse. We all know he can put the pedal to the metal, thats not his problem. His problem is to get used to notes and making notes and driving according to them.
If he is convinced he doesnt make progress in that area he will drive somewhere else. If he is convinced he can be better, he is driving another year.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 15 Oct 2010, 18:42

Off-Topic: show
Dear Apple, lots of wishes for quick recovery to all of you :hug:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Oct 2010, 18:44

Acropolis wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Dear Apple, lots of wishes for quick recovery to all of you :hug:

+1..

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 15 Oct 2010, 18:47

Thanks, friends. :hug: Now I have to get some sleep. I need rest now. Tomorrow is tough day.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 15 Oct 2010, 18:56

I am not sure if we can measure Kimi's progress as a mean value from all rallies he did this year, since the parameters are always different.
IMO comparisons can be made only between seasons, so to know how he's doing, we need at least one more season.
And I think we cannot compare him to any other driver....All of them, even if they drive a specific rally for the first time, have driven dozens of other rallies. If Kimi was not a champion or if there wasn't a purpose for doing so, people would not evaluate him so harshly...I think...

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 15 Oct 2010, 19:01

Acropolis wrote:I am not sure if we can measure Kimi's progress as a mean value from all rallies he did this year, since the parameters are always different.
IMO comparisons can be made only between seasons, so to know how he's doing, we need at least one more season.
And I think we cannot compare him to any other driver....All of them, even if they drive a specific rally for the first time, have driven dozens of other rallies. If Kimi was not a champion or if there wasn't a purpose for doing so, people would not evaluate him so harshly...I think...

I like rally and i like Kimi very much BUT quote me later on this...if he stays in rally he will never reach top 3... and for sure not when wrc becomes more competitive...

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 15 Oct 2010, 19:06

Just out of curiosity Spin, how do you reach to this?
I don't say he will be top 3, I just say I don't know....

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 15 Oct 2010, 19:15

well...I've in mind that most of the people thinks that Kimi could actually make it to the top and will fight for WDC in WRC if he stays a couple of years in WRC...I just don't buy it...

Don't be upset with my mind because I'm upset with my mind too :lol:

For me I want to fully support his efforts in rally but first needs to take another WDC in F1...that i can see him again in SPA

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Oct 2010, 19:28

spinster wrote:

F1 is still great to me...but we all look it a bit different without our Kimi...

But for me, to be honoust, i was impressed in the beginning with his speed but now i'm not that sure anymore he can reach the top, and yes i wanna see my Kimi winning!! :n

I am followed F1 since -82. The main seasons was 87-98 and after that my interesting has gone. Kimi was only reason to see what there was on going. I guess that last F1 race what I am seen was about -04? Still I have a clear opinion for teams and drivers, reasons for something etc.

And I must say that I like your writings. I know myself and I can see my own colored glasses :O I respect all of you here. (and maybe you didn't know but I am liked Citroens since -82/-83 :zz: . Right now I have two Citroen :) )
I miss a babysitter