Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 14 Oct 2010, 06:47

Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:
OK, Kimi has also used the retirement card since germany but I hope not.



did he? I don't remember it. some articles implied that he has to work on his marriage next year so he might take a sabbatical, but I don't remember him saying anything about retirement :huh:


I was referring to that article on wrc.com after japan where they had first time listed all Kimis options for 2011 and also as one option taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport altogether. The way it was written and that they actually had new quotes from Kimi and it came just after "payed" autosport article about all Kimis options it sounded very much like a article kimis management had asked to put out.

User avatar
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4316
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 14 Oct 2010, 06:51

Julia wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:
OK, Kimi has also used the retirement card since germany but I hope not.



did he? I don't remember it. some articles implied that he has to work on his marriage next year so he might take a sabbatical, but I don't remember him saying anything about retirement :huh:


I was referring to that article on wrc.com after japan where they had first time listed all Kimis options for 2011 and also as one option taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport altogether. The way it was written and that they actually had new quotes from Kimi and it came just after "payed" autosport article about all Kimis options it sounded very much like a article kimis management had asked to put out.


thanks Julia
the only thing I don't want is retirement :fear:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 14 Oct 2010, 06:51

Boudica wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
rko281 wrote:Wow...just finished reading the last 10 pages ... some of you are a funny strange bunch :p

Look, I can not see why this news surprises you. Few weeks ago Marko said it quite clearly, but then most of you said that Marko usually talks sh**. Well, he talks sh** sometimes when praising Vettel over Webber, but when it comes to company's sponsorships he actually knows what he's saying.

Take it easy! You will all soon get your answer about 2011.

P.S. If I remember correctly, back then I said that the question is weather RB would sponsor the main Citroen team, but definite they won't sponsor the Junior Team anymore.


Which news? Nothing is confirmed yet as far as I know.
On the other hand what Marko said was quite blurry, and unfair too. Which is why most of the people still assume it's Kimi who's rejected. Actually it seems that they're cutting the Junior team off completely to put more money into F1. Dani also needs founding to continue with Citroen, not just Kimi, and he is a top driver. Probably that's why Citroen was in such a hurry to bring Ogier into the safety of the main team. Not a nice way to thank Sordo for giving up his first ever WRC win to Loeb, but Ogier is their future, so keeping him must be their priority


I was also wondering about the consequences this will have for Dani. Hopefully he can find some Spanish sponsors.


well RB sponsoring also the junior team was a one year deal first time used 2010, they've done it whitout RB money before 2010. But from Quesnel quotes it sure didn't sound as he was expecting RB sponsorship for the juniorteam.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 14 Oct 2010, 06:56

Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:
OK, Kimi has also used the retirement card since germany but I hope not.



did he? I don't remember it. some articles implied that he has to work on his marriage next year so he might take a sabbatical, but I don't remember him saying anything about retirement :huh:


I was referring to that article on wrc.com after japan where they had first time listed all Kimis options for 2011 and also as one option taking a sabbatical or retiring from motorsport altogether. The way it was written and that they actually had new quotes from Kimi and it came just after "payed" autosport article about all Kimis options it sounded very much like a article kimis management had asked to put out.


thanks Julia
the only thing I don't want is retirement :fear:


well, I havent seen the retirement card used after that "payed" wrc.com article and its quite many weeks ago already so it seems that his main aim is still to find a good seat somewhere.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by beefree88 » 14 Oct 2010, 07:03

Julia wrote:well RB sponsoring also the junior team was a one year deal first time used 2010, they've done it whitout RB money before 2010. But from Quesnel quotes it sure didn't sound as he was expecting RB sponsorship for the juniorteam.


Every time he's asked about Kimi or Dani next year, Quesnel seems to be keen to keep them, and while apparently not expecting RB to continue their sponsorship, doesn't seem to be worried about finding the necessary founding either.

Maybe SA should sponsor them;)
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 14 Oct 2010, 07:12

Boudica wrote:
Julia wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Boudica wrote:
rko281 wrote:
It isn't that surprising but I would still like to see what Heikki Kulta has to say about it.


Well, there is an article translated by Wolfie back then, and I remember H.K implied the same thing.


yeah its true that Kulta has implied or said it quite strait a couple of times, first time after Germany (and he said he had German sources). Or I understood that he said that RB is thinking of whitdrawing completely but it can be that he actually meant that they are whitdrawing from Kimis WRC project. The problem with Kimis WRC projekt is that RB already have the two best drivers in their rallysponsorship and WRC visibility is so poor that they don't get so much more visibility by putting money also on Kimi. Back then Kulta sounded that its going to be doomeday for Kimi but when he commented the Renault saga in his columns it sounded that somebody had calmed him down about Kimis future it didn't sound anymore that there arent any possibly places for Kimi...so we just has to wait and see what the outcome is. OK, Kimi has also used the retirement card since germany but I hope not.



That is why I want see what he has to say not so much to see more about the whole Red Bull-Kimi thing, as I said it wasn't that surprising, it is more that I want to if he adopts the doomsday attitude again as said I think we cant rule out retirement at this point.





this is what Kulta commented in the column which was publiced after France (from where autosport news is) and when Kimi denied he was ever thinking of Renault.

Public torment
Turun Sanomat 6.10 2010 00:09:31
....
But enough is enough. They will not speak in public about Räikkönen's real negotiations before the contract is closed.
....

Heikki Kulta


It sure does sound that Kimis management have calmed him down since his doomsday predictions after Germany...and if you combine it with that Kimi actually went public about never ever going to Renault it sure sound that they are seriously negotiations but the contract is still not closed or they wont publish it jet. And this was a week ago... so we have to just wait an meanwhile read in the news which options aren't more a option.
Last edited by Julia on 14 Oct 2010, 07:45, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1074
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Boudica » 14 Oct 2010, 07:18

Kriss wrote:
Julia wrote:
OK, Kimi has also used the retirement card since germany but I hope not.



did he? I don't remember it. some articles implied that he has to work on his marriage next year so he might take a sabbatical, but I don't remember him saying anything about retirement :huh:


There was one interview a while back where Kimi said something like he might do nothing next year or something like that.

beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:well RB sponsoring also the junior team was a one year deal first time used 2010, they've done it whitout RB money before 2010. But from Quesnel quotes it sure didn't sound as he was expecting RB sponsorship for the juniorteam.


Every time he's asked about Kimi or Dani next year, Quesnel seems to be keen to keep them, and while apparently not expecting RB to continue their sponsorship, doesn't seem to be worried about finding the necessary founding either.

Maybe SA should sponsor them;)


Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.
Image

User avatar
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5553
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 07:30

Boudica wrote:Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.

The autosport article itself says that Red Bull is paying Citroen 4.3 million for the seat. I have also heard that Petter Solberg paid around 4 million for his two C4s.

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 14 Oct 2010, 07:38

Boudica wrote:Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.


Wow, at least we aren't running out of news here :lol:

Great to read all your comments, thank you all :hug:

Boudica, DNA is a tiny miny company so they can't even be paying Kimi much but to my surprise Kimi has let them use him in many many ways but they have done it in a positive way. It works both ways.

In any way, something is going on. Kulta already mentioned that there is a thick bundle of papers that need to be signed and approved by lawyers so it's pretty much the same as last year - only we all thought the bundle of papers were McLaren's instead of Red Bull's :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1074
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 00:22

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Boudica » 14 Oct 2010, 07:48

sleenster wrote:
Boudica wrote:Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.

The autosport article itself says that Red Bull is paying Citroen 4.3 million for the seat. I have also heard that Petter Solberg paid around 4 million for his two C4s.


Yes, 4 million pound which is quite another thing but I am not certain if that was perhaps part of his salary or their sponsorship to the junior team, who knows. The 4 million that Petter is paying sounds about right but he is properly only paying for the cars and some spares. A seat with travelling and everything else is properly a bit different. But it is still interesting.

Wolfie wrote:
Boudica wrote:Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.


Wow, at least we aren't running out of news here :lol:

Great to read all your comments, thank you all :hug:

Boudica, DNA is a tiny miny company so they can't even be paying Kimi much but to my surprise Kimi has let them use him in many many ways but they have done it in a positive way. It works both ways.

In any way, something is going on. Kulta already mentioned that there is a thick bundle of papers that need to be signed and approved by lawyers so it's pretty much the same as last year - only we all thought the bundle of papers were McLaren's instead of Red Bull's :lol:


:lol:

Okay I didn't see the story about the bundle of papers, but I do remember it from last year.
Image

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 14 Oct 2010, 07:58

Boudica wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Boudica wrote:Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.

The autosport article itself says that Red Bull is paying Citroen 4.3 million for the seat. I have also heard that Petter Solberg paid around 4 million for his two C4s.


Yes, 4 million pound which is quite another thing but I am not certain if that was perhaps part of his salary or their sponsorship to the junior team, who knows. The 4 million that Petter is paying sounds about right but he is properly only paying for the cars and some spares. A seat with travelling and everything else is properly a bit different. But it is still interesting.

Wolfie wrote:
Boudica wrote:Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.


Wow, at least we aren't running out of news here :lol:

Great to read all your comments, thank you all :hug:

Boudica, DNA is a tiny miny company so they can't even be paying Kimi much but to my surprise Kimi has let them use him in many many ways but they have done it in a positive way. It works both ways.

In any way, something is going on. Kulta already mentioned that there is a thick bundle of papers that need to be signed and approved by lawyers so it's pretty much the same as last year - only we all thought the bundle of papers were McLaren's instead of Red Bull's :lol:


:lol:

Okay I didn't see the story about the bundle of papers, but I do remember it from last year.


I think Wolfie is talking about this Kulta comment from last week:

Public torment
Turun Sanomat 6.10 2010 00:09:31
....
But enough is enough. They will not speak in public about Räikkönen's real negotiations before the contract is closed.
....

Heikki Kulta


hasnt seen the actual "bundle of papers" comment anywhere but this implies quite the same... or did you Wolfie mean something else?

mr j
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 19:46

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by mr j » 14 Oct 2010, 08:00

sleenster wrote:F**CKING SH*T even autosport is reporting it now ::oops:;

This is from today's autosport magazine

Image


Everybody seems to think that its Red Bull who doesn't want to continue to sponsor Kimi. What if its Kimi who has told Red Bull that he wants to move on.

I found the comments made by Helmut Marko a couple weeks ago very strange. Suddenly coming out and saying that Kimi isn't doing much good for Red Bull. To me it sounded like something a person who feels hurt/abandoned would say.

One thing is for sure though that Kimi will not talk to the media about who wants to part atleast not until he's decided what to do next year. I'd go so far to say that if its Kimi who wants to part he may never tell the public and let everyone think that it was Red Bull all along.

User avatar
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5553
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sleenster » 14 Oct 2010, 08:11

Boudica wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Boudica wrote:Well they dont just have to find one sponsor, Kimi already has DNA for example I presume they sponsor him with a reasonable amount if you look at all the adverts they are getting from Kimi. How much does a rally pay driver seat cost in any way, I must admit I dont have a clue. But I am guessing it would be less then in F1, perhaps 2 - 4 million? On the otherhand Kimi could properly just drive for Monster and he would not have think about sponsors.

The autosport article itself says that Red Bull is paying Citroen 4.3 million for the seat. I have also heard that Petter Solberg paid around 4 million for his two C4s.


Yes, 4 million pound which is quite another thing but I am not certain if that was perhaps part of his salary or their sponsorship to the junior team, who knows. The 4 million that Petter is paying sounds about right but he is properly only paying for the cars and some spares. A seat with travelling and everything else is properly a bit different. But it is still interesting.

Some people seem to think that Kimi is getting paid by Red Bull almost as much or even more in terms of salary as Loeb, which is somewhere around 8 million. I personally don't believe Kimi is getting a salary from Red Bull or if he is getting one, it's not a very big one. I think the deal with Red Bull only covers the costs of his car, parts and transporting the cars to and from rallies. Red Bull are also sponsoring the JT and some of the JT facilities that Kimi needs to use might be included in that too.

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 14 Oct 2010, 08:15

Julia wrote:I think Wolfie is talking about this Kulta comment from last week:

Public torment
Turun Sanomat 6.10 2010 00:09:31
....
But enough is enough. They will not speak in public about Räikkönen's real negotiations before the contract is closed.
....

Heikki Kulta


hasnt seen the actual "bundle of papers" comment anywhere but this implies quite the same... or did you Wolfie mean something else?


Julia, that was the article where he mentioned the thick bundle of papers and said in the end the comment you quoted.

Kulta meant that Kimi is having negotiations and as soon as the contract is signed they will tell about it. After reading that sentence I knew that Kimi is in the process of signing a deal.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by beefree88 » 14 Oct 2010, 08:15

mr j wrote:
sleenster wrote:Everybody seems to think that its Red Bull who doesn't want to continue to sponsor Kimi. What if its Kimi who has told Red Bull that he wants to move on.

I found the comments made by Helmut Marko a couple weeks ago very strange. Suddenly coming out and saying that Kimi isn't doing much good for Red Bull. To me it sounded like something a person who feels hurt/abandoned would say.

One thing is for sure though that Kimi will not talk to the media about who wants to part atleast not until he's decided what to do next year. I'd go so far to say that if its Kimi who wants to part he may never tell the public and let everyone think that it was Red Bull all along.


He might simply trying to find an excuse to explain away their decision. "We have to put too much money into F1, and since wrc has not enough visibility, we rather cut back our commitment to that" is not something they would want to openly admit. Seems to work too, since everybody talks about Kimi not being good enough for them, which is misleading without knowing the circumstances
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Post Reply