It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 17:40

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:16  
F1 Routinier

I mean planetmarcus also has tweeted this. So there seems to be something happening.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:17  
F1 Routinier

Wolfie wrote:
If the rumour is true, that Red Bull isn't financing Kimi next year, then it's even more obvious (to me) that he goes to Red Bull Racing next season.

Off-Topic: show
Wim, on Facebook. Like Luie said, welcome to the smoking gang :lol:

So if Red Bull can't afford to sponsor Kimi in rally, they are going to pay to break Webber's contract and on top of that pay Kimi's salary, which I am sure is not going to be peanuts?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:19  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
I mean planetmarcus also has tweeted this. So there seems to be something happening.

Well rumours spread like wildfire through twitter

Strange how yesterday the wrc website was saying the complete opposite..

Although none of these articles so far actually quote anyone or actually reveal their sources
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:22  
F1 Driver

luieluv wrote:

luie, remember not the quantity of the news but the quality of it... there are no quotes from either citroen or RB in any of the news on the french sites and they are all copy pastes from each other whitout a original source... Im not saying its not true but it doesn't get more true by more newspapers copying the same piece of news. Well hopefully somebody says something at rally spain.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:22  
F1 Routinier

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
If the rumour is true, that Red Bull isn't financing Kimi next year, then it's even more obvious (to me) that he goes to Red Bull Racing next season.

So if Red Bull can't afford to sponsor Kimi in rally, they are going to pay to break Webber's contract and on top of that pay Kimi's salary, which I am sure is not going to be peanuts?

Who said they can't afford to sponsor Kimi in rally?

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:23  
F1 Driver

sleenster wrote:
luieluv wrote:

Well rumours spread like wildfire through twitter

Strange how yesterday the wrc website was saying the complete opposite..

Although none of these articles so far actually quote anyone or actually reveal their sources

heh, you where faster :shhh:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:24  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Monster perhaps :roll::

But I still hope that Kimi continue in Citroen!

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:25  
F1 Routinier

Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

luie tweeted a question here and this was the response

http://twitter.com/RallySportLive/status/27261186597
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:30  
F1 Routinier

Red Bull invested 129 million euros in F1 last year.

Kulta already wrote a long time ago that Red Bull is leaving rally.

But that company seems to have money and a lot of it.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:30  
F1 Routinier

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

luie asked a question

http://twitter.com/RallySportLive/status/27261186597

Yeah but again that is some speculation. I feel if Red bull want they can sustain any kind of spendings. We all know that this year WCC is in the bag and the kind of amount they have spend in driver salaries is peanuts in comparison to the returns in F1. They must be laughing all the way to banks is what i feel. And then there is various other sports where the returns would be good in terms of finances, like WRC perhaps.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:37  
F1 Routinier

RBR are actually quite stingy compared to other teams when paying driver's salaries because they spend most of their money on development and people like Adrian Newey don't come cheap.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:45  
F1 Routinier

sleenster wrote:
RBR are actually quite stingy compared to other teams when paying driver's salaries because they spend most of their money on development and people like Adrian Newey don't come cheap.

True but the money made from WCC title will cover all of that and can cover much more like Kimi's salary to his magnums to his vodka to fishing..
I would be only happy if Kimi now becomes a proper citroen driver. End of the day i am only banking on one statement by Quesnell. "We want Kimi Raikkonen". this to me is a great hope.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:46  
GP2 Driver

NO NO NO.
It´s like a deja-vue. One after another. Just like 09. Okay, Renault was a comedy show, but it hurts again. :<>:
But I don´t know how reliable this news is, but RB said also some time ago, that this gonna happen. . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:50  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

True but the money made from WCC title will cover all of that and can cover much more like Kimi's salary to his magnums to his vodka to fishing..
I would be only happy if Kimi now becomes a proper citroen driver. End of the day i am only banking on one statement by Quesnell. "We want Kimi Raikkonen". this to me is a great hope.

Only problem is the Quesnell qualifies his statement with ".......if he can bring sponsorship money". :confused:

Maybe Kimi can find other sponsors besides Red Bull. I mean, Petter Solberg can manage to find enough sponsors to cobble together a full WRC season so it should be easier for Kimi to find sponsors since he is arguably a bigger star.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:53  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

Luie, I understand how you are feeling, believe me :hug:

You were the one inspiring the Kimi-fans into rally, the job you did was amazing considering that you didn't know much about rally back then. Remember how people were sad and desperate and you always said something uplifting to them?

You are priceless :hug:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 385  Next