Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2693
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Location: Schlaaaaand

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 13 Oct 2010, 17:31

This was to be expected, wasn´t it? :confused:

Finally they stir the pot! So I could be that a decision regarding his future will be announced soon! :) With my luck Kulta will announce it again at first in the middle of the night and I´ll miss it again :lol:

Good night Brenda :)
Last edited by Claudie_Schnaudie on 13 Oct 2010, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 13 Oct 2010, 17:32

...and wow, this speculation thread is really boiling at the moment...

User avatar
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 800
Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Oct 2010, 17:33

luieluv wrote:
Red Bull wont sponsor Kimi Raikkonen in 2011 season

With just more than two WRC rallies to dispute this, Kimi Raikkonen's future is still unknown. While the Finn headed for a new season of rallying, his main sponsor Red Bull has announced that it would not finance his 2011 season.
Yet supported by the Finnish Olivier Quesnel will find other sponsors to continue his adventure rally. Monster Ford World Rally Team and Prodrive also would approach the Finnish for the 2011 season, but no concrete offer has been published.


http://www.rallye-sport.fr/raikkonen-red-bull-2011/


No ability to read anything in french but the translation seems to be a shortened version of numerous of articles?? No news in this at all?

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 13 Oct 2010, 17:36

sammyosammy wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Red Bull wont sponsor Kimi Raikkonen in 2011 season

With just more than two WRC rallies to dispute this, Kimi Raikkonen's future is still unknown. While the Finn headed for a new season of rallying, his main sponsor Red Bull has announced that it would not finance his 2011 season.
Yet supported by the Finnish Olivier Quesnel will find other sponsors to continue his adventure rally. Monster Ford World Rally Team and Prodrive also would approach the Finnish for the 2011 season, but no concrete offer has been published.


http://www.rallye-sport.fr/raikkonen-red-bull-2011/


No ability to read anything in french but the translation seems to be a shortened version of numerous of articles?? No news in this at all?


no, new and its just one papers speculations which have gone two time around the world and become truths.

square
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 70
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 18:19

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 17:38

Just wondering... Is it said that they won't sponsor him at all, which could also mean that they wouldn't offer him a seat in 2011 (if they would decide to end a current contract)? Because I think then F1 would be ruled out...

Hmm, just when I thought/was hoping we were approaching an end of the speculations and a decision would be announced soon... :confused:
Last edited by square on 13 Oct 2010, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 800
Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Oct 2010, 17:38

Julia wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Red Bull wont sponsor Kimi Raikkonen in 2011 season

With just more than two WRC rallies to dispute this, Kimi Raikkonen's future is still unknown. While the Finn headed for a new season of rallying, his main sponsor Red Bull has announced that it would not finance his 2011 season.
Yet supported by the Finnish Olivier Quesnel will find other sponsors to continue his adventure rally. Monster Ford World Rally Team and Prodrive also would approach the Finnish for the 2011 season, but no concrete offer has been published.


http://www.rallye-sport.fr/raikkonen-red-bull-2011/


No ability to read anything in french but the translation seems to be a shortened version of numerous of articles?? No news in this at all?


no, new and its just one papers speculations which have gone two time around the world and become truths.


Longer the silence (KR & R`s) carries on, the bigger will the surprise be.. Count on that.. :wave:

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 17:40

I questioned in general and RallySportLive Tweet account replied me with this:

Seems like it, supporting Citroen A and B teams is very expensive for RedBull
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 13 Oct 2010, 17:51

luieluv wrote:I questioned in general and RallySportLive Tweet account replied me with this:

Seems like it, supporting Citroen A and B teams is very expensive for RedBull


well i still think is from the same german source which have gone two times around the world and change since that ... and yeah it can be the outcome that they decided only to support the main team next year (as they did before Kimi went rallying) but shouldn't take it as a truth at the moment.

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 17:53

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:I questioned in general and RallySportLive Tweet account replied me with this:

Seems like it, supporting Citroen A and B teams is very expensive for RedBull


well i still think is from the same german source which have gone two times around the world and change since that ... and yeah it can be the outcome that they decided only to support the main team next year but shouldn't take it as a truth at the moment.

Yes i agree. The news doesnt seem genuine and seems more like an opinion. to me it seems that we would get a surprise in the end. It wont be that straight forward thing as far as next season is concerned. Kimi Raikkonen will surely surprise many. I Hope.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

square
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 70
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 18:19

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by square » 13 Oct 2010, 17:55

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurosport.fr%2Frallye%2Fsaison%2F2011%2Fraikkonen-sans-red-bull_sto2502438%2Fstory.shtml&act=url

French Eurosport also reports about it in the last paragraph, it doesn't tell any additional news, just sums the recent news (Renault, now Red Bull withdrawing etc.) up...

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 17:58

square wrote:http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurosport.fr%2Frallye%2Fsaison%2F2011%2Fraikkonen-sans-red-bull_sto2502438%2Fstory.shtml&act=url

French Eurosport also reports about it in the last paragraph, it doesn't tell any additional news, just sums the recent news (Renault, now Red Bull withdrawing etc.) up...

So it now seems a mere formality that it would become official.
These french sites seem to be knowing something about the French team.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Julia » 13 Oct 2010, 18:01

luieluv wrote:
Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:I questioned in general and RallySportLive Tweet account replied me with this:

Seems like it, supporting Citroen A and B teams is very expensive for RedBull


well i still think is from the same german source which have gone two times around the world and change since that ... and yeah it can be the outcome that they decided only to support the main team next year but shouldn't take it as a truth at the moment.

Yes i agree. The news doesnt seem genuine and seems more like an opinion. to me it seems that we would get a surprise in the end. It wont be that straight forward thing as far as next season is concerned. Kimi Raikkonen will surely surprise many. I Hope.


the same paper (motorsport total) has also stated in the spring that Kimi has a tree year contract with RB and earlier last month they said that RB was whitdrawing from rally completely... so you have to take it with a pinch of salt. The MTV interview with Marco was done after the paper claims and there he said that they still have to decide with Kimi about the future... so we and everybody else is waiting to ge the result from Kimis and RB talks and in the maintime the speculations are HOT.

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 13 Oct 2010, 18:05

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:I questioned in general and RallySportLive Tweet account replied me with this:

Seems like it, supporting Citroen A and B teams is very expensive for RedBull


well i still think is from the same german source which have gone two times around the world and change since that ... and yeah it can be the outcome that they decided only to support the main team next year but shouldn't take it as a truth at the moment.

Yes i agree. The news doesnt seem genuine and seems more like an opinion. to me it seems that we would get a surprise in the end. It wont be that straight forward thing as far as next season is concerned. Kimi Raikkonen will surely surprise many. I Hope.


the same paper (motorsport total) has also stated in the spring that Kimi has a tree year contract with RB and earlier last month they said that RB was whitdrawing from rally completely... so you have to take it with a pinch of salt. The MTV interview with Marco was done after the paper claims and there he said that they still have to decide with Kimi about the future... so we and everybody else is waiting to ge the result from Kimis and RB talks and in the maintime the speculations are HOT.

Kimi's bday is just around the corner so the news of Red Bull terminating their association doesnt seem to fit in well.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

User avatar
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 800
Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by sammyosammy » 13 Oct 2010, 18:10

luieluv wrote:
square wrote:http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurosport.fr%2Frallye%2Fsaison%2F2011%2Fraikkonen-sans-red-bull_sto2502438%2Fstory.shtml&act=url

French Eurosport also reports about it in the last paragraph, it doesn't tell any additional news, just sums the recent news (Renault, now Red Bull withdrawing etc.) up...

So it now seems a mere formality that it would become official.
These french sites seem to be knowing something about the French team.


My media skills must be quite low :confused: Still - no news whatsoever on this for me to trust/rely on...
Praying for the long silence the man concerned..

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 13 Oct 2010, 18:14

If the rumour is true, that Red Bull isn't financing Kimi next year, then it's even more obvious (to me) that he goes to Red Bull Racing next season.

Image

Off-Topic: show
Wim, on Facebook. Like Luie said, welcome to the smoking gang :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Post Reply