It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 10:37

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 385  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 09:05  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
brendakarli wrote:
maybe that is Kimi's ploy...to take a year off to be forgotten by blood-sucking journos and sneak back in so that he can let other people who like/dun mind being in the limelight shine (ie schummy, fonzi, massy, webby, the list goes on). Cos I refuse to believe team bosses have forgotten a proven driver like kimi :pray: :pray: :pray:


hmmz... at the moment it does look like that!

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 09:19  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
welll... let us just wait till end of june... :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:36  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Posts: 971
Location: Temporary Dunya
Country: India (in)
Red Bull says Raikkonen never an option

Kimi Raikkonen was never an option for Red Bull Racing, team principal Christian Horner has claimed, as the outfit closes in on a fresh deal with Mark Webber.

As F1's driver market looks like remaining fairly static for 2011, with Ferrari claiming it is now likely to stick with Felipe Massa for another year and Robert Kubica therefore probably staying put at Renault, Red Bull Racing is ready to hand Webber a fresh contract too.

That decision on Webber, which comes after brilliant back-to-back victories for the Australian in Spain and Monaco, means that Raikkonen's only realistic chance of an F1 return with Red Bull Racing has been closed off.

And despite intense speculation over the winter that Red Bull Racing could hand Raikkonen the chance for an F1 return, Horner said in Turkey that his outfit never considered the Finn.

When asked, in the wake of progress on Webber's contract, whether Raikkonen ever been an option for the team, Horner said: "No. Kimi has committed himself to rallying, and he seems to be enjoying that environment.

"We have been happy with the job that Mark is doing, so why would you change?"

Horner said that with Webber doing so well this season, there was absolutely no reason for Red Bull Racing to look elsewhere - and the only matter that now needed sorting out was actually putting a contract to paper.

"When we sit down and talk about it, it will be very straightforward," said Horner. "Mark is an important member of the team, he enjoys driving for the team and we have a great balance between our two drivers. So, it is the usual thing – if it is not broken, don't fix it.

"I think that it is clear where our intent is, it is clear where his intent is. It is just a matter of sorting out the paperwork with his management, but in the coming weeks I am sure that will be sorted."

Horner also insisted that there was no issue between the team and Webber over the length of any contract – with Red Bull Racing keen to stick to only a one-year deal.

"None at all," he explained. "I think that Mark is not your normal guy. I think he wants to be in a situation where he can be competitive, and he is not looking to string out his career beyond where he believes he has the desire and competition.

"Obviously when a driver is approaching their mid-30s, it makes sense to take things one year at a time. He is certainly more than comfortable with that, as our we."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83912

_________________
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:38  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Red Bull says Raikkonen never an option

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, May 27th 2010, 16:27 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen was never an option for Red Bull Racing, team principal Christian Horner has claimed, as the outfit closes in on a fresh deal with Mark Webber.

As F1's driver market looks like remaining fairly static for 2011, with Ferrari claiming it is now likely to stick with Felipe Massa for another year and Robert Kubica therefore probably staying put at Renault, Red Bull Racing is ready to hand Webber a fresh contract too.

That decision on Webber, which comes after brilliant back-to-back victories for the Australian in Spain and Monaco, means that Raikkonen's only realistic chance of an F1 return with Red Bull Racing has been closed off.

And despite intense speculation over the winter that Red Bull Racing could hand Raikkonen the chance for an F1 return, Horner said in Turkey that his outfit never considered the Finn.

When asked, in the wake of progress on Webber's contract, whether Raikkonen ever been an option for the team, Horner said: "No. Kimi has committed himself to rallying, and he seems to be enjoying that environment.

"We have been happy with the job that Mark is doing, so why would you change?"

Horner said that with Webber doing so well this season, there was absolutely no reason for Red Bull Racing to look elsewhere - and the only matter that now needed sorting out was actually putting a contract to paper.

"When we sit down and talk about it, it will be very straightforward," said Horner. "Mark is an important member of the team, he enjoys driving for the team and we have a great balance between our two drivers. So, it is the usual thing – if it is not broken, don't fix it.

"I think that it is clear where our intent is, it is clear where his intent is. It is just a matter of sorting out the paperwork with his management, but in the coming weeks I am sure that will be sorted."

Horner also insisted that there was no issue between the team and Webber over the length of any contract – with Red Bull Racing keen to stick to only a one-year deal.

"None at all," he explained. "I think that Mark is not your normal guy. I think he wants to be in a situation where he can be competitive, and he is not looking to string out his career beyond where he believes he has the desire and competition.

"Obviously when a driver is approaching their mid-30s, it makes sense to take things one year at a time. He is certainly more than comfortable with that, as our we."


http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83912

:(
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:39  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Vida wrote:
Quote:
Red Bull says Raikkonen never an option

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, May 27th 2010, 16:27 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen was never an option for Red Bull Racing, team principal Christian Horner has claimed, as the outfit closes in on a fresh deal with Mark Webber.

As F1's driver market looks like remaining fairly static for 2011, with Ferrari claiming it is now likely to stick with Felipe Massa for another year and Robert Kubica therefore probably staying put at Renault, Red Bull Racing is ready to hand Webber a fresh contract too.

That decision on Webber, which comes after brilliant back-to-back victories for the Australian in Spain and Monaco, means that Raikkonen's only realistic chance of an F1 return with Red Bull Racing has been closed off.

And despite intense speculation over the winter that Red Bull Racing could hand Raikkonen the chance for an F1 return, Horner said in Turkey that his outfit never considered the Finn.

When asked, in the wake of progress on Webber's contract, whether Raikkonen ever been an option for the team, Horner said: "No. Kimi has committed himself to rallying, and he seems to be enjoying that environment.

"We have been happy with the job that Mark is doing, so why would you change?"

Horner said that with Webber doing so well this season, there was absolutely no reason for Red Bull Racing to look elsewhere - and the only matter that now needed sorting out was actually putting a contract to paper.

"When we sit down and talk about it, it will be very straightforward," said Horner. "Mark is an important member of the team, he enjoys driving for the team and we have a great balance between our two drivers. So, it is the usual thing – if it is not broken, don't fix it.

"I think that it is clear where our intent is, it is clear where his intent is. It is just a matter of sorting out the paperwork with his management, but in the coming weeks I am sure that will be sorted."

Horner also insisted that there was no issue between the team and Webber over the length of any contract – with Red Bull Racing keen to stick to only a one-year deal.

"None at all," he explained. "I think that Mark is not your normal guy. I think he wants to be in a situation where he can be competitive, and he is not looking to string out his career beyond where he believes he has the desire and competition.

"Obviously when a driver is approaching their mid-30s, it makes sense to take things one year at a time. He is certainly more than comfortable with that, as our we."


http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83912

:(

Somewhere down the line i am feeling sad but more than that i am feeling really happy that Future in Rallying is looking bright. :)

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:41  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
i'm a heart broken here....
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:48  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
i am also pissed with Horner here for coming out in public and saying that Kimi was never an option for them. Just coz Webber is on a Roll, Horner has been courageous in making such a comment.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:51  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
What else should he say...that´s the way how a team principal should stand behind his driver :)

And he says that Kimi is commited to Rally! So it seems that he doesn´t want to return to F1 ... so I can deal with it :)

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:51  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 15:35
Posts: 552
Location: Essex
Guys lets just wait and see. In the fickle world of F1 we all know anything can happen :O
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:55  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 07:16
Posts: 332
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
What else should he say...that´s the way how a team principal should stand behind his driver :)

And he says that Kimi is commited to Rally! So it seems that he doesn´t want to return to F1 ... so I can deal with it :)


was kinda waiting for your reaction ... so mature :)

I dont think they had talks with him yet ... or perhaps they did ( some months back did he say kimi hasnt decided what he wants to do? )
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:58  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 15:43
Posts: 227
For me the whole thing it's clear (has been since December 2009), he won't come back.
For those of you who still believe he will return in F1 and in a top car, my advice is to be prepared to have your hopes broken. Sorry :(
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 17:00  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
What else should he say...that´s the way how a team principal should stand behind his driver :)

And he says that Kimi is commited to Rally! So it seems that he doesn´t want to return to F1 ... so I can deal with it :)


Its fine Horner saying this now. But i fail to digest that Kimi was never an option for them.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 17:04  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 07:16
Posts: 332
luieluv wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
What else should he say...that´s the way how a team principal should stand behind his driver :)

And he says that Kimi is commited to Rally! So it seems that he doesn´t want to return to F1 ... so I can deal with it :)


Its fine Horner saying this now. But i fail to digest that Kimi was never an option for them.


exactly ... i remember reading a horner interview where he says they dont know what kimi wants to do next year .

and they dont have a direct quote in the article that says 'kimi was never an option for them' ... ( maybe he gave a 'no' when someone asked like that)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 17:05  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
Now I am more concerned about whether he will get a good car at Rally next year :lol:
What about Makinen and his team? :huh:

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 17:09  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 03:21
Posts: 1406
Location: Indonesia
ok.... i have pull myself together again.. and believe that kimi will return.... :cool: :cool:

F1 is full of surprises... who knows what will happened in the next few weeks...
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 385  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB