It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 15:51

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 15:52  
GP2 Driver

SilentKiller wrote:
Maria d wrote:
if FA wins the WDC, why would red bull keep webber?
webber had the best car this year, hes just not a great driver,good one just not great.
what more can he do next year,would red bull take a another year of the same mixed results.
put kimi in that car , and hes winning, and if need be he would support SV, just like he did with massa in 08.
put a great driver in a great car=WDC. kimi in red bull F1 in 2011.

I truly believe Alonso will win the WDC this year, no doubt. I hoped for Hamilton, but the Mclaren seems slow.....
Then obviously, atleast politely DM will ask Kimi if he wants F1 seat he can drive in RBR nxt season.

Agree with the bolded part, I'm pretty sure myself that FA will win it.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:02  
kart driver

Wolfie wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Seems that I am one of few people that think Citroen will have Kimi next year only with a major sponsor's back-up. If that is not the case and Kimi wants to remain in rally (as himself implied and Citroen managers also) why do you think the contract is not yet signed? This is what everyone expects, the sponsorship for 2011 to be solved.

Hey rko281, what about us placing a bet while there's still time for it?

You say WRC and I say F1 and Red Bull - it will be fun to see who wins :lol:

Is it a deal, just for fun? :hug:

I'll put my bet on the Red Bull option.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:03  
F1 Routinier

brendakarli wrote:
wolfie,

how often has ur gut been right, not only the last season's but on things in general? I'm usually wrong but even this time, I think I'm right to say he will stay in rally if he can resolve his sponsorship issues - which I feel he can. Just based on all the renault nonsense... it seems very unlikely kimi would even want to return...been watching some of the kimi related stuff on youtube recently and it broke my heart all over again what that red team did to him. and they are gonna break me even more when they win the wdc 2010 with kimi's replacement... ::oops:;

Brenda, believe it or not but it's usually always right - I didn't believe in my gut feeling last spring when it said Kimi in WRC 2010 - heck, it happened :blink:

But not Renault, he is not going there :O

Brenda, if Kimi's replacement wins the WDC by or under 7 points, how is that going to look to the world :p

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:05  
F1 Routinier

rko281 wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Whatever you choose, but be aware, I'm good at bets (after all, I've just won money on Alonso's 2 pole positions in Monza and Singapore, and the list can continue :p ).

Off-Topic: show
Oi :blink: In that case give me some time, I'll come up with something :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:09  
F1 Routinier

:lol: I didn't realize Petrov was a comedian

Quote:
Petrov: Why choose Kimi over me?

Vitaly Petrov can't quite see a reason why Renault would want to replace him with Kimi Raikkonen, after all, he costs a lot less than the Finn.

Raikkonen could return to Formula One next season with Renault, having enquired about the team's second race-seat alongside Robert Kubica.

However, already the team has stated that finances will play a role in deciding whether the former World Champ is worth the massive salary they would have to pay him.

And that, Petrov says, is his trump card.

"Why would Renault choose Kimi rather than me?" Petrov asked Formule1.nl.

"The team knew when they started with me that I'm a rookie, I am still learning the ropes.

"The team is negotiating with several drivers, that's how it works in Formula 1. I feel that they are satisfied with me, though."

He added: "An advantage in my case; compared to Kimi they do not have to pay me that much."

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/64264 ... i-over-me-

Kimi is most likely not going to Renault, but Petrov comments are just :rofl: especially in light of him crashing out twice in a row
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:31  
F1 Driver

Courtesy of Fanny

I am really angry after reading this! :<>: :<>: Who is this guy? Does anyone knows him?

Quote:
Why I oppose a Kimi Raikkonen comeback

As the 2010 F1 season enters it’s final stages, chatter about the driver market for 2011 has inevitably started to heat up.

A look at the top three teams in this season’s championship (McLaren, Red Bull, Ferrari) reveals that all six of their current drivers are under contract for next season, so few of the top seats are available. While much speculation has surrounded Michael Schumacher and the possibility of him cutting his comeback short with Mercedes GP, another name has caused far more speculation and intrigue as of late.

Kimi Raikkonen.

In case you’ve missed it, the 2007 World Champion has been occupying his time by competing in the World Rally Championship, driving for the junior team of French marquis Citroen. While he has not recorded any top finishes to date, he has turned in respectable results for a rookie in the series, according to the rallying sources I have read.

But the real question is what Kimi will be up to next year, as he has been strongly rumored to be in talks with Renault bosses about a comeback for the 2011 season as teammate to Robert Kubica.

Why?

Why, after Kimi clearly had suffered a major slump in form after his championship campaign, would a team on the rise want to bring in a guy who showed so little over the last two years? Okay, he won at Spa last year, and collected some podiums, but he was clearly not the same Kimi that won the title in 2007, and certainly not the same dude who pulled off so many memorable performances in the first half of the 2000s that my friends keep telling me about.

From everything I have learned about F1, I believe the most coveted seats in the sport are the two red Ferraris. If Kimi had one of those seats and let it slip out of his grasp, why do people think that he’ll magically find the “on” switch if he gets back into the sport after a year away? When I first started following F1, it appeared to me that Schumacher had been forced out of Ferrari in order to get Raikkonen into the car for 2007. Fine, but the same thing seemed to be happen when Alonso joined Ferrari for 2010. This time, it was Raikkonen getting the boot from Ferrari.

Forgive me for making assumptions, but don’t you think that if Kimi had any motivation, Ferrari would have kept him onboard? Sure, many pundits rate Alonso as the best driver in the sport, and perhaps Ferrari did not want to have two guys they view as top drivers (sadly, they don’t think Felipe Massa has this status) in the same team. But if Kimi was still motivated, hungry, and producing the results he is/was capable of, he would still be a Ferrari driver now, and it would be Massa who packed his bags, even after his accident and subsequent comeback.

Kimi was known to be drawing an eight-figure salary from Ferrari, and it’s no secret that Renault won’t be offering him anything close to that level of pay for his services. With a championship to his name, as well as a slew of race wins, poles, and fast laps to his name, what exactly would he be seeking in a return? Fame? Popularity? A legion of adoring fans? Dosen’t he have all of those things?

At least with the case of Michael Schumacher, we knew that a legendary work ethic would see that he wasn’t wasting time in the car. Can you honestly say that with Kimi?

Didn’t think so.

But if you try telling that to his legion of fans, you’ll get bombarded with nasty comments faster than you can read. I have followed several pro sports teams and leagues for much of my life, and have seen some crazy fans for many teams, but nothing comes close to Kimi’s legions. Apparently, they haven’t been watching his most recent results in Formula 1….

Go ahead and make fun of me, but I would rather see a young, hungry driver occupying the second Renault than Raikkonen at this state in his career. I think Vitaly Petrov has turned in respectable results in the series in his debut series, and Renault wouldn’t be losing anything by keeping him. Sure it would be one less World Champion on the grid( some fans and writers seem to be obsessed with this statistic and want Kimi back to see the number boosted) but at least we wouldn’t be seeing a once-proud driver dragging it around on the track.

For me, a Kimi comeback would bring little to nothing of value to the sport. If he has any sense, he’ll stay in the World Rally Championship and continue to enjoy the much-relaxed life that the series brings. And who says that Petrov isn't the next star of the future, who will start pushing Kubica for real next year?

Stay in rallying Kimi. You'll have more fun, and both sports will be better off for it.

http://www.timesleader.com/sports/sport ... 45934.html

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:45  
GP2 Driver

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Courtesy of Fanny

I am really angry after reading this! :<>: :<>: Who is this guy? Does anyone knows him?

Quote:

As the 2010 F1 season enters it’s final stages, chatter about the driver market for 2011 has inevitably started to heat up.

A look at the top three teams in this season’s championship (McLaren, Red Bull, Ferrari) reveals that all six of their current drivers are under contract for next season, so few of the top seats are available. While much speculation has surrounded Michael Schumacher and the possibility of him cutting his comeback short with Mercedes GP, another name has caused far more speculation and intrigue as of late.

Kimi Raikkonen.

In case you’ve missed it, the 2007 World Champion has been occupying his time by competing in the World Rally Championship, driving for the junior team of French marquis Citroen. While he has not recorded any top finishes to date, he has turned in respectable results for a rookie in the series, according to the rallying sources I have read.

But the real question is what Kimi will be up to next year, as he has been strongly rumored to be in talks with Renault bosses about a comeback for the 2011 season as teammate to Robert Kubica.

Why?

Why, after Kimi clearly had suffered a major slump in form after his championship campaign, would a team on the rise want to bring in a guy who showed so little over the last two years? Okay, he won at Spa last year, and collected some podiums, but he was clearly not the same Kimi that won the title in 2007, and certainly not the same dude who pulled off so many memorable performances in the first half of the 2000s that my friends keep telling me about.

From everything I have learned about F1, I believe the most coveted seats in the sport are the two red Ferraris. If Kimi had one of those seats and let it slip out of his grasp, why do people think that he’ll magically find the “on” switch if he gets back into the sport after a year away? When I first started following F1, it appeared to me that Schumacher had been forced out of Ferrari in order to get Raikkonen into the car for 2007. Fine, but the same thing seemed to be happen when Alonso joined Ferrari for 2010. This time, it was Raikkonen getting the boot from Ferrari.

Forgive me for making assumptions, but don’t you think that if Kimi had any motivation, Ferrari would have kept him onboard? Sure, many pundits rate Alonso as the best driver in the sport, and perhaps Ferrari did not want to have two guys they view as top drivers (sadly, they don’t think Felipe Massa has this status) in the same team. But if Kimi was still motivated, hungry, and producing the results he is/was capable of, he would still be a Ferrari driver now, and it would be Massa who packed his bags, even after his accident and subsequent comeback.

Kimi was known to be drawing an eight-figure salary from Ferrari, and it’s no secret that Renault won’t be offering him anything close to that level of pay for his services. With a championship to his name, as well as a slew of race wins, poles, and fast laps to his name, what exactly would he be seeking in a return? Fame? Popularity? A legion of adoring fans? Dosen’t he have all of those things?

At least with the case of Michael Schumacher, we knew that a legendary work ethic would see that he wasn’t wasting time in the car. Can you honestly say that with Kimi?

Didn’t think so.

But if you try telling that to his legion of fans, you’ll get bombarded with nasty comments faster than you can read. I have followed several pro sports teams and leagues for much of my life, and have seen some crazy fans for many teams, but nothing comes close to Kimi’s legions. Apparently, they haven’t been watching his most recent results in Formula 1….

Go ahead and make fun of me, but I would rather see a young, hungry driver occupying the second Renault than Raikkonen at this state in his career. I think Vitaly Petrov has turned in respectable results in the series in his debut series, and Renault wouldn’t be losing anything by keeping him. Sure it would be one less World Champion on the grid( some fans and writers seem to be obsessed with this statistic and want Kimi back to see the number boosted) but at least we wouldn’t be seeing a once-proud driver dragging it around on the track.

For me, a Kimi comeback would bring little to nothing of value to the sport. If he has any sense, he’ll stay in the World Rally Championship and continue to enjoy the much-relaxed life that the series brings. And who says that Petrov isn't the next star of the future, who will start pushing Kubica for real next year?

Stay in rallying Kimi. You'll have more fun, and both sports will be better off for it.

An american dude who follows F1 since 2-3ago. C'mon it's not worth posting these kind of blogs here :O
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:48  
F1 Routinier

rko281 wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:
Courtesy of Fanny

Quote:

Kimi Raikkonen.

Why?

Didn’t think so.

An american dude who follows F1 since 2-3ago. C'mon it's not worth posting these kind of blogs here :O

+ 1 and ludy remove that from your site too.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:49  
F1 Routinier

He's a guest blogger for the F1 fanatic site.....not surprised he would write something in that kind of tone. They are very anti-Kimi there.....that's pretty much how all the bloggers on that site talk about Kimi

Yeah, Ludy, don't promote this guy's gutter press claptrap
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 16:53  
F1 Routinier

sleenster wrote:
He's a guest blogger for the F1 fanatic site.....not surprised he would write something in that kind of tone. They are very anti-Kimi there.....that's pretty much how all the bloggers on that site talk about Kimi

A pure Attention seeker. Nothing else.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 17:05  
F1 Driver

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:

A pure Attention seeker. Nothing else.

Yeah, I know guys!!! But I had to post it to write some lines about it. It makes me angry even knowing he's not worth it! :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 17:07  
GP2 Driver

wolfie,

u should remember that kimi's replacement had won 2 world championships before joining the red team, so even if he wins by 7 or under points, people would not think too much of it as much as they thought that kimi's WDC was gifted to him etc.

btw, the fans of competing drivers on other forums hate each other so much it is quite terrible. They take things so personally as if they were the ones being personally insulted etc. I'm glad we are able to keep things civil on this site...

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 19:43  
F1 Routinier

brendakarli wrote:
wolfie,

u should remember that kimi's replacement had won 2 world championships before joining the red team, so even if he wins by 7 or under points, people would not think too much of it as much as they thought that kimi's WDC was gifted to him etc.

btw, the fans of competing drivers on other forums hate each other so much it is quite terrible. They take things so personally as if they were the ones being personally insulted etc. I'm glad we are able to keep things civil on this site...

Ah but Brenda, it was in 2005-06, we haven't exactly seen anything spectacular after that have we?

As for the 7 points, those points handed him the WDC in the middle of the season so it's different than the team mate helping out in the last race :p

There is a real war going on between the fans, funny to see now that Kimi is out how they don't tear him up anymore :lol:

@ Ludy, thanks for the article and please keep it here :pray: It's good training for us to read negative articles about Kimi and his fans (why do they always bring up the fans as if we would be something spectacular :blink: ). I thought for a second to straight him out on some facts but then I thought 'meh, waste of time and energy' :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 04:29  
GP2 Driver

Why the hell do some people here post all kind of cr@p they find about Kimi anywhere in the internet.......really its not that necessary.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 08:05  
F1 Rookie

Wolfie wrote:
brendakarli wrote:
wolfie,

u know something we dun? Even kimi keeps saying he prefers rally - I just dun think he will ever go back if rally seat is offered. Obviously, sponsorship is the issue now...

Hi Brenda :hug:

All Wolfie has is her gut-feeling :lol:

Nogier >> it´s up to Kimi
Boullier >> too loud
Boullier >> way too loud
Boullier >> making fool of himself
Robertsons & the man himself >> calm and quiet

Why not to shut the f-word up with Boullier >> no need to >> no comments at all >> the decision has already been made
The man himself by the March >> "not in a rush, the decision may take to the latter part of the year".

Wolfie, whatever betting and against who what so ever >> pls place the bets for me also, feelin´kind of trusty nowadays :O
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 385  Next