Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luieluv » 01 Oct 2010, 17:23

This news could be in favour of Renault being able to open the door for kimi raikkonen in a big way?

Cosworth, Lotus terminate engine deal

By Pablo Elizalde Friday, October 1st 2010, 15:44 GMT

Cosworth and Lotus have signed the termination of their engine supply agreement, completing the deal which was established in principle after the Italian GP.

Cosworth said in a statement that its support of Lotus Racing will cease at midnight on 30th November 2010.

"The decision to bring the partnership to an early termination has been driven by the team's desire to solve reliability and performance issues unrelated to the Cosworth engine," said Cosworth in the statement.

"Lotus Racing and Cosworth have agreed settlement terms satisfactory to both parties to secure an early termination of the agreement.

"Cosworth wishes Lotus Racing success in the future, and will continue to supply engines to AT&T Williams, Virgin Racing and HRT in 2011, thereby supporting 25% of the teams in Formula 1."

The move paves the way for Lotus to sign a deal with Renault, with whom the team has reached an agreement in principle for a supply of engines.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87116
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 01 Oct 2010, 17:51

luieluv wrote:This news could be in favour of Renault being able to open the door for kimi raikkonen in a big way?

Cosworth, Lotus terminate engine deal

By Pablo Elizalde Friday, October 1st 2010, 15:44 GMT

Cosworth and Lotus have signed the termination of their engine supply agreement, completing the deal which was established in principle after the Italian GP.

Cosworth said in a statement that its support of Lotus Racing will cease at midnight on 30th November 2010.

"The decision to bring the partnership to an early termination has been driven by the team's desire to solve reliability and performance issues unrelated to the Cosworth engine," said Cosworth in the statement.

"Lotus Racing and Cosworth have agreed settlement terms satisfactory to both parties to secure an early termination of the agreement.

"Cosworth wishes Lotus Racing success in the future, and will continue to supply engines to AT&T Williams, Virgin Racing and HRT in 2011, thereby supporting 25% of the teams in Formula 1."

The move paves the way for Lotus to sign a deal with Renault, with whom the team has reached an agreement in principle for a supply of engines.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87116

This has been in the works for a while now, I doubt it would make a difference.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 02 Oct 2010, 02:23

how does engine switch help raikko?
The JINX

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 02 Oct 2010, 02:33

luie, you know Kimi will not drive for Renault. :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Oct 2010, 03:45

SpaMaster wrote:luie, you know Kimi will not drive for Renault. :p

Yes i do but i am scared that renault may lure kimi in to it. The thing is i dont want kimi to come back in F1 but if he desires to be back then i wont mind one bit even if its renault, though coming back to Mclaren would be dream come true.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 02 Oct 2010, 04:08

Moominpappa wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:This was good! There was shown a big placard where was written: Kimi, olet todellinen mestarini! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could that be Kinga??? :huh:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9213

Here it is:

Yes, that's Kinga and her friends. :thumbsup:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 02 Oct 2010, 04:44

That's so cool! Thanks YiNing! :C:

''hmm'' Wonder our dear Kinga has given Kimi the "birthday wishes book" to our boy... :D

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 02 Oct 2010, 07:57

I'm being stupid I know but I don't understand these negotiations.

If Kimi wanted to stay in rally, then the Robertsons were sounding out Renault to try and get a better deal out of a rally team and make them think that they should give him a good contract or he'll be off to F1, right? So keep the desire to rally a little quiet so as not to seem to keen. Play hard to get, if you will :p

But then with Kimi saying yesterday that he 'wants to stay in rally', then isn't he totally contradicting all that, therefore putting rally teams in a better position again because they know he wants a rally contract and they won't lose him to F1? Saying 'I'm here, come and get me'

So both parties are saying two different things?

Obviously they've been doing this for years and clearly know what they're doing but I don't understand negotiations at all :lol: :huh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 02 Oct 2010, 08:11

ish678 wrote:I'm being stupid I know but I don't understand these negotiations.

If Kimi wanted to stay in rally, then the Robertsons were sounding out Renault to try and get a better deal out of a rally team and make them think that they should give him a good contract or he'll be off to F1, right? So keep the desire to rally a little quiet so as not to seem to keen. Play hard to get, if you will :p

But then with Kimi saying yesterday that he 'wants to stay in rally', then isn't he totally contradicting all that, therefore putting rally teams in a better position again because they know he wants a rally contract and they won't lose him to F1? Saying 'I'm here, come and get me'

Obviously they've been doing this for years and clearly know what they're doing but I don't understand negotiations at all :lol: :huh:

You're not the only one who doesn't understand it at all :)

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 02 Oct 2010, 08:15

Phew! I thought I was going mad! :lol: :p

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 02 Oct 2010, 10:36

ish678 wrote:Phew! I thought I was going mad! :lol: :p

Ishi I dont understand it either. Its driving me mad too. In my simple mind if Citroen want Kimi but need money why cant Kimi bring them sponsorship money to fill their purses. If he wants it bad enough than money (payment to him) doesnt mean that much. Kimi is wealthy, hopefully he has good finacial advisors who make his money work for him. He could take a dip in his earnings to have a good car for next year and to raise his rally profile with great results, who knows the next year when negotiations are made he could have people rushing to pay him a wad of cash for his services. Its a case of "speculate to accumalate".

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 02 Oct 2010, 12:16

ish678 wrote:I'm being stupid I know but I don't understand these negotiations.

I think that we have too little information that's why we don't understand anything ))
I don't think that saying 'I want to stay in rally' he did smth. bad, alll in all people/rally teams which are in contact with him must already knew what Kimi wants )) And now we know this too :)

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 03 Oct 2010, 01:01

Linda-Anne wrote:
ish678 wrote:Phew! I thought I was going mad! :lol: :p

Ishi I dont understand it either. Its driving me mad too. In my simple mind if Citroen want Kimi but need money why cant Kimi bring them sponsorship money to fill their purses. If he wants it bad enough than money (payment to him) doesnt mean that much. Kimi is wealthy, hopefully he has good finacial advisors who make his money work for him. He could take a dip in his earnings to have a good car for next year and to raise his rally profile with great results, who knows the next year when negotiations are made he could have people rushing to pay him a wad of cash for his services. Its a case of "speculate to accumalate".

That's a good idea Linda. If it is a few million dollars, Kimi should have no problems filling it out from his own pocket. But I don't know how much money is needed to finance a car and a team for it. I think a manufacturer team budget is ~$70 million (somebody correct me if I am wrong), and a car costs around a million dollars. So, I am not sure how much Kimi would have to pay from his pocket.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 03 Oct 2010, 11:40

Anelise wrote:http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/10/1198029

It's nice that Citroen boss still wants that Kimi will drive in his team also next year. Kimi must make his own decision soon.
I miss a babysitter